HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Moen's going nowhere. WHIIICKKET!!!

Old
02-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Routs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Moen is one of the only legit, effective bottom six guys on the team, so it would be useful to keep him. We need more guys like him.

At the same time however, he's in his thirties and this team needs to build up assets. If the bidding price were high, I hope this is just smoke to pump up the price and he does in fact get moved. If Downie's worth a first, Moen must be worth something like a 2nd. I'd take it. And of course if Moen walks for nothing or gets an inflated contract, especially in term, it's more of the same from the BG/PG era.
He's 29. Yes, close to 30, but the way you make it sound he's in his mid 30's already. Funny how the youth movement in the NHL has made the sound of someone in his early 30's to be done his NHL career.

Routs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:18 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Smartest way to go.
in fantasy land maybe, but trade then re-sign with the team that traded him almost never happen.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:18 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
This is only good if he has or is about to resign. Losing him for nothing July 1st would be stupid since keeping him around is useless since the team is very unlikely to make the playoffs.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Meh

Good team leader I guess

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Kirk Muller

That better mean there is an agreement in place. If Moen walks this summer, it will truly be frustrating. Altho, still horrible management. Why would you tell other GM's this? If someone offered something very good, you have to take it.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Kriss E

Pretty stupid imo.
Moen is a good depth player, but he's also the type of player PO teams will overpay for at the deadline. Move him. We can always re-sign him in the summer or find someone else.

I'm also assuming that PG has a deal in place or some type of agreement. The same should be said for every UFA we have. There is no point in keeping any UFA that we don't intend on re-signing. Even if it's not an overpaid return, we should move whatever asset we know won't be back. We're not making the POs, so, there's no point. Just move them.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:25 AM
LastRide

If some team is willing to overpay for Moen. You would have to really consider it. That said, I do agree we should keep him. This is exactly the type of player teams want. It would be hard to replace him. He still has a few years of hockey at 29, soon to be 30 in April. A lot of hockey left in him.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:26 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Why oh why are we not trading him. He's valuable on a team that's playoff bound, contenders would pay through the nose to get him. We don't need him.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:26 AM
GordonGraham

Thats only cause hes injured, hell he didnt even traveled with the team to washington

If he was healthy if we would have been dealt for sure

GordonGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:27 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I'd be OK if we don't trade him, considering he's injured.
I think a lot of people are over looking this fact. Its very probably that his injury will be too long for him to be traded.

It specifically states his injury in the press release.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:37 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Sweet PG trying to up the price for Moen alittle......

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I think a lot of people are over looking this fact. Its very probably that his injury will be too long for him to be traded.

It specifically states his injury in the press release.
If so, we better not see Moen's face, 1, 2 or even 3 weeks after the deadline. Any team in their right mind would have waited for Moen for him to be healthy so he'd helped them in the playoffs. And they would have paid the same price after their doctors would have acknowledge how not big that injury was. If Moen is done for the season, well of course don't trade him. But why the heck such a mistery over that injury anyway? If he's greatly injured, well just say it, you're not making the playoffs anyway so who cares if he's targeted. And if he's not that injured and you actually didn't voice it in order to not scare the possible interested teams....well he is tradeable material.

Again, if he's not tradeable, he better not be healthy soon. And he better signed at a great price for us, a REAL home discount price this time. This is the only way Gauthier will have made a ok move. And even this, if healthy, I believe he's worth more traded than not. But with this management, I prefer keeping a guy like him than losing him for nothing like we did with a lot of our exes....tells you a lot about the expectations we have now....But if really hurt, of course, nobody would trade for a Blair Betts of this world....nobody.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:38 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
So Moen is untouchable for some odd reason? What a putz we have leading this team.
Can you be any more sensationalistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post
Why oh why are we not trading him. He's valuable on a team that's playoff bound, contenders would pay through the nose to get him. We don't need him.
because his worth with the habs this year and next year is more valuable then a 2nd round pick.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:41 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
because his worth with the habs this year and next year is more valuable then a 2nd round pick.
Oh yeah. The famous 2nd round pick line, until we realize that tons of great 2nd rounders are actually playing key roles for their respective teams. Somehow, the Habs doesn't need 2nd rounders.....

Old
02-24-2012, 11:42 AM
ClasslessGuy

PG is saying that because he wants to shop him to 1 team only

anyway i'm happy with that decision

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:45 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Oh yeah. The famous 2nd round pick line, until we realize that tons of great 2nd rounders are actually playing key roles for their respective teams. Somehow, the Habs doesn't need 2nd rounders.....
No, i see the importance of a 2nd rounder; i threw that out there, because that's what we will get. We need that, but we also need capable though guy to go along rookies development, don't you agree? i mean, we are going to either spend some serious cap to get a moen+ IF anything's available (usually UFA has a bunch of 4th liners but not any Moen types, capable to play on all 4 lines). If not it will probably be a 2nd round pick NEEDED to acquire a player like Moen. Vet + Grit.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
PG is saying that because he wants to shop him to 1 team only

anyway i'm happy with that decision
Not sure what makes you happy about it. If Gauthier calls him an untouchable, yet Moen wants to test the market and leaves, will you still be okay? There's actually nothing to be happy about it......yet. The end-result of him staying at a relatively small price at the price of a longer term, might be what will be pleasant about it. But at this time, if he's too hurt to be traded, that means that it's possible we had in mind to trade him but can't 'cause he's gone for the season. If he signs back and ask for the moon and Gauthier feels he has no choice, if we let him go for nothing etc.....There would be NOTHING to be happy with.

My team is dead last in the conference. There are NOBODY on my team that are untouchables. NO-BO-DY. Some are way more expensive, obviously. But a team decides to be stupid and I wouldn't accomodate them? Come on. Unless Gauthier knows there are no more stupid GM's in this league....See a younger and more productive Moen like Pacioretty, THAT could be called untouchable. But geez, even for him....throw your offers and I'll see about it.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 02-24-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old
02-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Forsead

Pretty sure the fact that he is injuried has a lot to say about this, you can't trade an injuried guy Moen probably need alot more time to get back on the ice and that's why he will not be trade, because it just can't be done.

Anyway I take medias rumors with a grain of salt.

Peoples just use thoses things to hate more Pierre Gauthier, but guys seriously just thinks once in a while.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:49 AM
uiCk
GrEmelins

untouchable really? REALLY?

A Player like Moen is never untouchable; he's not worth more then a 2nd at any time during the season, that's not untouchable. Maybe not worth the hustle, but untouchable? way to exaggerate things to, once again, find new means of exaggerating an already questionable Management.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
RC51

The habs are a disaster and PG still thinks Moen is an untouchable?
I now think Italian cruse ship commanders are an upgrade from PG

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Pretty sure the fact that he is injuried has a lot to say about this, you can't trade an injuried guy Moen probably need alot more time to get back on the ice and that's why he will not be trade, because it just can't be done.

Anyway I take medias rumors with a grain of salt.

Peoples just use thoses things to hate more Pierre Gauthier, but guys seriously just thinks once in a while.
Yes, you can. I think it's unless the guy is on LTIR that you can't.
But if the guy has a minor injury, then it's okay.

Teams going for a guy like Moen are POs ones, probably contenders looking for extra veteran leadership with a solid two way game on the bottom lines.
So, I'm pretty sure they'd have no problem with him being injured, and taking his time to recover, so he can come back healthy and be ready for POs.

Unless it's a major injury, it has no impact.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 11:59 AM
LastRide

PG should just say to ther teams. We are not looking to move Travis. He's too valuable to the team. If someone wants to make an offer, we are all ears. We can't move him if it doesn't help the team.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

He better be signed before Monday, you wanna keep him fine, sign him don't wait for this summer

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yes, you can. I think it's unless the guy is on LTIR that you can't.
But if the guy has a minor injury, then it's okay.

Teams going for a guy like Moen are POs ones, probably contenders looking for extra veteran leadership with a solid two way game on the bottom lines.
So, I'm pretty sure they'd have no problem with him being injured, and taking his time to recover, so he can come back healthy and be ready for POs.

Unless it's a major injury, it has no impact.
I don't know, remember Betts ? like Moen he was only on IR and his waiving was refused.(in fact he was supposed to be healthy, but Habs medical team found that he was hurt enough to be put on IR)

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 12:08 PM
le_sean

Not liking this if this is true. He's a third liner. I love the guy but if they can a pick for him, do it.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote