HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

anhiem /montreal propsal

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 08:41 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player
I never said I wanted that trade to be done... I was just laughing at those claiming that Penner worths more than Zednik.
He is worth more than Zednik. Bertuzzis are harder to find than soft Euros. And Penner is the closest thing to a Bertuzzi under 25 right now.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Ducksforcup

vCash: 90
Quote:
lol... a guy has one great half AHL season and he worths more than a 30-goal scorer in the old NHL, not too old with a decent contract? LMAO! LMFAO!!!
Now before you laugh at us Duck fans, let me ask you a question.

Would you honestly trade Zednick for Penner PLUS somebody else and a pick?

Old
01-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
lol... a guy has one great half AHL season and he worths more than a 30-goal scorer in the old NHL, not too old with a decent contract? LMAO! LMFAO!!!
Penner was a late bloomer, watch the kid play.

Zednik doesn't look like a 30 goal scorer right now...

Old
01-25-2006, 02:44 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76over39
Umm, Penner is worth a lot more than Zednik.

It's very likely that Penner could become a Todd Bertuzzi. Young power forwards are tough to come by. Why would Anaheim ever consider this deal?

And yeah, Zednik is great. Wow, the numbers he's putting up are just spectacular!

18 pts -5 in 36 GP is not worth trading the point-per-game leader in the AHL for.
I would not call Penner a Bertuzzi, I think he has top 6 potential who has an outstanding shot for a 6'5 240 player. Too early for that.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:21 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
I would not call Penner a Bertuzzi, I think he has top 6 potential who has an outstanding shot for a 6'5 240 player. Too early for that.
It's just typical fanboy stuff on these boards ... projecting Penner into a Bertuzzi would be like projecting Smid into being the next Lidstrom. It's just silly.

That being said, Penner's a heck of a find. Lots of teams have projects who are big and have some skill, but the vast majority don't add up to the sum of their parts, and aren't all that productive. Penner's improving every year, is actually putting up some numbers now, and did not look out of place in his brief NHL stint earlier this year.

It's worth gambling on his continued progress, so I doubt he'll be traded unless it's a move that improves the team significantly at least in the short to medium run, which Zednik wouldn't do.

Closed Thread