HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumors Part VI: Carter to LA; Nash next to move?

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

vCash: 500
Sometimes team defense and goaltending arent enough to get you where you want to go.

You need to also take advantage of other team's mistakes.

In football, as we saw with the Giants, it's capitalizing on turnovers (GB, Niners and Pats games)

For the Rangers, it has to be the PP. Has to.

I just dont see Dustin Brown fixing it. Heck, I dont even see Nash fixing it. The 1st PP unit has two pass-first guys, an innacurate d-man who is scared to shoot, one guy in front of the net and a sniper who over-passes and doesnt shoot one-timers.

IMO, they need to acquire a d-man to replace either Eminger or Stralman who can run the PP, be bold enough to let shots go without worying about pissing off Gabby and Richards and also buy into the team concept for even strangth and on the PK.

If Nash or Borwn joins the team, who gets removed from the 1st PP unit? Callahan? Stepan? Richards? Nash likes playing his off wing, just like Gaborik. Only Gaborik rarely/never shoots off the pass on his off wing.

Nash does, but something tells me if he becomes a Ranger, he will become addicted to over-passing just like everyone else.

Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
@SteveZipay
Nash, but nothing happening at moment RT @JackBourbon2: @stevezipay what do you think is more likely for the NYR, Nash or Brown? Both???

Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
^^^I'm not advocating, nor implying, that Erixon will be dealt. I've followed along every day for the last week so I know who's untouchable and who's not.

I simply asked a question that shocked me as to why Erixon wasn't viewed as NHL ready.
Sorry I ranted off on your quote in specific. The first, more calm, side of the post about why Erixon isn't being dealt was for you.

It transitioned to a more annoyed post, because I'm tired of hearing about everyone whine about the package that it will take for Nash and especially with everyone jettisoning our top prospects when we don't even need to.

If Howson doesn't budge then we don't get Nash, it's simple as that. We have far more options for the future than he does in CBJ. I'm tired of constantly coming on this thread and watching people complain and list negatives.

As for the Erixon point you find interesting. I think it just shows his value to the organization if he wouldn't be included in a trade for someone like Brown.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:40 PM
ReggieDunlop68
Hey Hanrahan!

I have been reading many posts in this thread, and a few have mentioned that Columbus will have the number one pick this year; however, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the jackets trade their first to philthadelphia for Carter?

Old
drewcon40

Rick Nash reminds me of JWow's boyfriend Roger.

Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
^^^I'm not advocating, nor implying, that Erixon will be dealt. I've followed along every day for the last week so I know who's untouchable and who's not.

I simply asked a question that shocked me as to why Erixon wasn't viewed as NHL ready.
Who doesn't see him that way, LA? I think what Brooks' tweet meant was that the Rangers and Kings aren't a match because Sather really doesn't want to move the NHL ready defensemen the Rangers have. LA's opinion has nothing to do with it.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:41 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
I have been reading many posts in this thread, and a few have mentioned that Columbus will have the number one pick this year; however, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the jackets trade their first to philthadelphia for Carter?
I think that was the 2011 pick

Old
02-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Brown is a better fit for TOR.

Schenn and a 1st?

LA gets Richards and Carter and still ends up with a Schenn.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
TSN said yesterday that Burke hadn't made an offer for Nash and had only inquired, not sure where all this Nash to Toronto talk is coming from now. I don't think they are really in it McKenzie said earlier today that he highly doubts Burke would be willing to pay the price. Maybe CBJ trying to drive up the price a bit knowing the Rangers are the only serious suitors?
Burke said that in an interview with TSN radio, but he's not actually allowed to say that he has made an offer, otherwise it could be considered tampering. He said "We have no hard offer" (or something to that effect) which isn't a "no." So the Canadian sports media is playing that up to keep it alive.

Old
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
It was. Turned into Couturier.

Old
Rust Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Sometimes team defense and goaltending arent enough to get you where you want to go.

You need to also take advantage of other team's mistakes.

In football, as we saw with the Giants, it's capitalizing on turnovers (GB, Niners and Pats games)

For the Rangers, it has to be the PP. Has to.

I just dont see Dustin Brown fixing it. Heck, I dont even see Nash fixing it. The 1st PP unit has two pass-first guys, an innacurate d-man who is scared to shoot, one guy in front of the net and a sniper who over-passes and doesnt shoot one-timers.

IMO, they need to acquire a d-man to replace either Eminger or Stralman who can run the PP, be bold enough to let shots go without worying about pissing off Gabby and Richards and also buy into the team concept for even strangth and on the PK.

If Nash or Borwn joins the team, who gets removed from the 1st PP unit? Callahan? Stepan? Richards? Nash likes playing his off wing, just like Gaborik. Only Gaborik rarely/never shoots off the pass on his off wing.

Nash does, but something tells me if he becomes a Ranger, he will become addicted to over-passing just like everyone else.
I think we just don't change the lines for the pp units if he comes over.

Nash-Richards-Callahan, w MDZ and Stralman/Hagelin.
GAS line first unit, with McDonough and Girardi.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Sky Valley

Send a message via AIM to Sky Valley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Yep, Philly used it to take Couturier.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:44 PM
UAGoalieGuy

I don't think anything goes down until after tonights game.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Said it before, and I'll say it again:

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people here come Monday evening.

Some actual facts to consider:

Cbus has a ton of cap space.

They will likely get the first overall pick in the draft. This will be a nice start in adding cheap, talented youth to the roster as early as next fall.

They got rid of a player that was NOT working for them in Carter. Not sure how JJ will pan out, but he fills an immediate requirement they had.

Rick Nash is just entering his prime. He is loved by the jacket fan base. He is the team captain. He could be a key center piece in a rebuild. Why trade him for anything less than what you absolutely require?

The Rangers, while needing more scoring are still a first place team with solid esprit de corps.

Who knows what the hell could happen before 3 PM EST on Monday, but it would seem to me at least, that a deal is far from certain at this point.
Speaking for myself, the only way I'd be TRULY disappointed come Monday evening is if the Rangers make a deal where they give up too much.

I definitely feel that this team needs to upgrade its offensive skill quotient - but only at the right price. Nash seems to be the best available option to achieve that goal and I'm comfortable with the reported offer that the Rangers have on the table (in fact, I'm ecstatic at it as I'd be willing to upgrade either Thomas or McIlrath to either Miller or Erixon). If there are other solutions out there to address the same issue that haven't been reported and that can be had at the appropriate price, I'd be open to those as well.

BUT, if their only options are to overpay for offense or stand pat, I'd be fine standing pat and waiting for the summer to try again (although I'd be less sanguine about the team's chances to win it all this postseason).

Old
02-24-2012, 01:46 PM
nevesis

Dubi got paid, and is entirely way too comfortable here in NYC. He seems to think he is an untouchable asset because of how much the fans love him.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:48 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Dustin Brown is more of the same.
lol, if only our team were littered with 25 goal scorers.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post

So true!!!

Old
02-24-2012, 01:50 PM
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Dubi got paid, and is entirely way too comfortable here in NYC. He seems to think he is an untouchable asset because of how much the fans love him.

"Dubinsky just told me in the locker room that he doesn't feel unwanted. It's professional sports. he understands that he hasn't produced and that Nash would help the Rangers. Said it's out of his control. He's OK w knowing he might be dealt. He was joking around w guys in the locker room, etc. Nothing out of ordinary"

Via Pat Leonard live chat about 5 minutes ago on http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...friday-at-1-pm

Old
02-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Should i be ashamed for not knowing who this JWow is...?

Old
Graves94

At this point, I think the Nash deal gets done after Saturday's game or early Sunday, or it doesn't happen at all.

Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
@FriedgeHNIC:
Trade deadline craziness: Lombardi telling inquiring GMs that Dustin Brown is not available. Can't wait until this is over.

I'm shocked.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Poor Dean.

Wonder if someone would start a Malkin trade rumor just to get the Pens' office flooded with trade calls.

broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Said it before, and I'll say it again:

There are going to be a lot of disappointed people here come Monday evening.

Some actual facts to consider:

Cbus has a ton of cap space.

They will likely get the first overall pick in the draft. This will be a nice start in adding cheap, talented youth to the roster as early as next fall.

They got rid of a player that was NOT working for them in Carter. Not sure how JJ will pan out, but he fills an immediate requirement they had.

Rick Nash is just entering his prime. He is loved by the jacket fan base. He is the team captain. He could be a key center piece in a rebuild. Why trade him for anything less than what you absolutely require?

The Rangers, while needing more scoring are still a first place team with solid esprit de corps.

Who knows what the hell could happen before 3 PM EST on Monday, but it would seem to me at least, that a deal is far from certain at this point.
They do have a very good chance of winning the lottery...but to be accurate it's less than 50%. 48.2% to be exact.

Old
rvdnsx

If Nash can be had for Dubi, McIlrath/Erixon, Thomas/Bourque, and a 1st Rounder, the deal needs to be made. Cap wise it won't allow us to get any big names in the offseason but a Cup or two is worth it if that is what Nash can help bring. Offense is ours big if for us going into the playoffs. Once teams zero in on Gaborik, the offense sputters.

I do have a feeling that Sather is gonna hold his ground and another team will swoop in for Nash.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:54 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
@FriedgeHNIC:
Trade deadline craziness: Lombardi telling inquiring GMs that Dustin Brown is not available. Can't wait until this is over.

I'm shocked.
He's keeping them all LOL

Closed Thread