HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Lines: Loktionov Reassigned/Carter En Route

Old
02-24-2012, 01:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
New Lines: Loktionov Reassigned/Carter En Route

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Richardson
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford/Fraser/Nolan/Westgarth

Scuderi-Doughty
Mitchell-Drewiske
Martinez-Greene

Voynov is also presumed to be on his way to LA and will be paired back up with Mitchell upon arrival.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/02/24...-no-loktionov/

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:36 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

This is just until rosters expand Monday, right?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nex06

Why am I not surprised?

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
thelos
Bunk

Is the plan to put one of Richards/Carter on wing?

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Not a huge fan. Hopefully it is temporary, but I have a feeling we might keep Stoll as a playoff rental. I am glad Nolan is down to the bottom 6 where he belongs, but annoyed that Richardson is not But, of course, that is only temporary as well...

This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions! - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 69
Seeing Richardson on the second line makes Baby Jesus cry. Thank god it's temporary.

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Richardson is definitely place holding for Carter.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
This is just until rosters expand Monday, right?
Probably. Trade a d-man for a forward and you have to make room somewhere. After Monday we'll know whose actually on the team or not.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'd be ecstatic if the Kings found a sucker to pawn Richardson off to at the deadline.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:39 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Carter better play tmrw, the kings don't have any games to waste.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:40 PM
SFKingshomer

Loktionov proved he belongs but still could use some more confidence despite scoring 3 in his last 5. I like the move and prefer Stoll in that spot for his FO ability and hes more physical.

SFKingshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Martyros

Can we trade Richardson for a conditional 7th rounder in 2015; condition being given team wins the Stanley Cup 4 years in a row?

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
I'd rather keep Richardson, at least until the offseason. He was a beast during the playoffs last year.

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Fat Elvis

Very temporary. Like I've already predicted Carter from Cbus, Stoll will be dealt for a pick on Sunday or Monday as will Penner. Loktionov will be headed back to LA Monday afternoon. The crystal shot glass has spoken to me.

Fat Elvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Very temporary. Like I've already predicted Carter from Cbus, Stoll will be dealt for a pick on Sunday or Monday as will Penner. Loktionov will be headed back to LA Monday afternoon. The crystal shot glass has spoken to me.
I'd bet Stoll stays, but Penner certainly goes. You don't have Loktionov as your 3rd line center during the playoffs(if we make it)...

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

What is Gagnes status? I thought I heard hes been skating, yeah?

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
I have a feeling we keep him for both his shootout ability (replace Jack Johnson) to earn us wins down the stretch, and his faceoff ability in the playoffs.

As far as Loktionov goes, it is hard for me to imagine us keeping him in the long term. With Kopitar, Richards, and Carter here, Loktionov has no hope whatsoever at center really. He is being groomed as a playmaking 2nd line center and there are no real center positions open. He doesn't really belong in the bottom 6, and eventually we are going to acquire more depth there or better two way fits like Andreoff will emerge. I don't think he fits as well on the left wing as some hope either. I think we trade Loktionov in the same fashion we trade Bernier soon either this season or the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Still indefinite. Probably still not close to coming back either.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
As far as Loktionov goes, it is hard for me to imagine us keeping him in the long term. With Kopitar, Richards, and Carter here, Loktionov has no hope whatsoever at center really.
Not all that sure about that. The 3rd line doesn't have to be the "3rd line!" big physical and defensive. It's fine as another secondary scoring line (maybe Clifford, Loki, and who knows King? Which I realize is big!).

From the DL interviews he kept talking about Carter as a wing and only mentioned center as an example of his broad skillset and not a requirement. Wing kept coming up again and again.

Guess we will see but it's a bit of a shame. I'd thought Loki was starting to take that next step from potential to achievement.

I'm liking these two young big wingers. I think we got smaller, weaker, and overly flashy in the last year when we lost Simmonds and Handsuz. Having a line with Richardson, Loki and Lewis just isn't all that intimidating. Fast though... Can't teach size.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
Not all that sure about that. The 3rd line doesn't have to be the "3rd line!" big physical and defensive. It's fine as another secondary scoring line (maybe Clifford, Loki, and who knows King? Which I realize is big!).

From the DL interviews he kept talking about Carter as a wing and only mentioned center as an example of his broad skillset and not a requirement. Wing kept coming up again and again.

Guess we will see but it's a bit of a shame. I'd thought Loki was starting to take that next step from potential to achievement.

I'm liking these two young big wingers. I think we got smaller, weaker, and overly flashy in the last year when we lost Simmonds and Handsuz. Having a line with Richardson, Loki and Lewis just isn't all that intimidating. Fast though... Can't teach size.
Carter will be a wing, for sure. As far as the third line goes, historically Sutter and Lombardi have believed in bottom 6 grinders and shutdown lines. Just because our personnel dictates that we can't have one now doesn't mean it won't be modified moving forward. I think it is evident that our bottom 6 isn't up to snuff. I can't see Loktionov being our Jordan Staal indefinitely going forward into the future. I don't think he will have a place on the top 6 so it will lead to him being moved for a different piece or a better fit for our bottom 6. I think sooner or later we will replace him and Stoll with a better option.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Stoll is playoff ready. Stoll is fine as a third line center. Great on face-offs and isn't a liability. I still don't get the hate for the guy given that he is used properly.

How was Kopitar the other night on those face-offs? 2-19 or some ridiculous ****.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:40 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:

From LA kings insider yesterday on Gagne:

. Gagne said hes been skating every day and feels good, but its still not known when/if he might be able to return from his concussion. Incidentally, I saw Gagne hit the net at least eight consecutive times with one-timers from the right circle. Im not sure if I have seen that in any Kings practice/game this season. Perhaps Gagne is more ready than he realizes

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

I saw on Twitter (forgot who's but maybe Mayors?) that Carter will play RW and will wear #77.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Bandit

Only in Los Angeles do the fans lament a guy getting assigned to the AHL who has only scored 1 goal in 39 games that wasn't bounced in off his ass.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Stoll is playoff ready. Stoll is fine as a third line center. Great on face-offs and isn't a liability. I still don't get the hate for the guy given that he is used properly.

How was Kopitar the other night on those face-offs? 2-19 or some ridiculous ****.

No hate intended, just a prediction. I think with LA's current roster, Stoll becomes less and less important. LA has 6 guys who can play down the middle. Once the playoffs start, having shootout abilities goes out the window. Plus, he's been crap this season in shootouts.

Anyway, it's just a prediction. I'm probably wrong, and I'm ok with that.

Fat Elvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 02:54 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
Richardson is definitely place holding for Carter.
You'd be right. Sutter said today (hammond's friday practice update) that Carter will will play right wing and will play tomorrow.

deeshamrock is offline   Reply With Quote