HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Botta on Chris Kreider (All Kreider discussion)

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 02:32 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Amonte, Weight, and Richter.
Entry level contract system was different in those days. Actually I think Wolski is the only guy who has come in and played in playoffs (burning a year) since new CBA.

Old
02-23-2012, 02:32 PM
ThirdEye

I would say Kreider's floor is about 20-20 and his ceiling is probably something like 35-30. I don't think he'll ever touch 40 goals or 80 points

Old
02-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I would say Kreider's floor is about 20-20 and his ceiling is probably something like 35-30. I don't think he'll ever touch 40 goals or 80 points
I could see him put up 40+ in a career year. I think he is a 30 goal threat in the making. Either way he has the talent to be absolutely beastly.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:20 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Entry level contract system was different in those days. Actually I think Wolski is the only guy who has come in and played in playoffs (burning a year) since new CBA.
Lauri Korpikoski.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:43 PM
eco's bones

Keeping in mind that Kreider won't be taking a double load of college courses like he has been--he'll only have to worry about hockey and that from everything I've heard he is very coachable--that he's played the last two years in the World Championships for the United States team alongside mostly NHL players and that Tortorella wanted him signed and onboard at least a year ago and that he's a very big forward who skates like a gazelle (caught the attention of Brad Richard insa couple days worth of pre training camp workouts) I'd say it would be reasonable to expect he's going to be a bit more than just a 20/20 guy--at least when he hits his prime.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:03 PM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

I think Kreider has James Neal like potential.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

Is he basically Max Pachioretty (sp?) 2.0?

Old
02-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

so do i although i think kreider is a better skater and neal the better shooter

Old
02-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Miller Time NYR
Never go full torts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
I think Kreider has James Neal like potential.
too bad the rangers dont have malkin

Old
02-24-2012, 02:50 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
too bad the rangers dont have malkin
We have John Malkin

Old
02-24-2012, 03:01 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Lauri Korpikoski.
Haven't we been over this already? Korpikoski didn't burn a year off his ELC by playing in the playoffs. He was already 2 years into his ELC. The fact that his first NHL game was a playoff game is completely irrelevant.

Kreider is not under contract and having him play in the playoffs would waste a year of his ELC.

Korpikoski had 2 years of professional experience in the AHL before playing in the NHL. Kreider has 0 experience and the organization isn't going to use the playoffs to find out if he's ready for professional play.

The situations aren't even remotely comparable. No matter how much you want it to be true, it won't happen. Kreider will NOT play for the Rangers this year. Get over it.

Last edited by GAGLine: 02-24-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Is he basically Max Pachioretty (sp?) 2.0?
I would say:

Erik Cole
Max Pacioretty
Bill Guerin

Those are solid comparisons as to Kreider's potential.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Leetch66

If that is his highest upside potential...then IMO he is quite tradeable if it cements our chances of a Cup . I watched Guerin for years and I would sooner have that Cup now . It took Guerin 9 years and an 85 game season to hit the 40 goal mark playing on two teams and that would be equal to scoring 30 these days . One prospect won't set us back that much and some of you figure Miller is the better one anyways . I have more problem in letting a blueline prospect get away . The blueline guys you always keep . If LA wants Kreider for Brown...send him fast .

Old
02-24-2012, 04:04 PM
JoeRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
If that is his highest upside potential...then IMO he is quite tradeable if it cements our chances of a Cup . I watched Guerin for years and I would sooner have that Cup now . It took Guerin 9 years and an 85 game season to hit the 40 goal mark playing on two teams and that would be equal to scoring 30 these days . One prospect won't set us back that much and some of you figure Miller is the better one anyways . I have more problem in letting a blueline prospect get away . The blueline guys you always keep . If LA wants Kreider for Brown...send him fast .
I dont think anyone thinks Miller is the better player.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:51 PM
fists2cuffsny
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
No more hype!

Christ if this kid doesn't pot at least 20 goals his first year with NYR people are going to be eating him alive.
that is without a doubt like what were kind of doing with dubinsky this year... if he doesnt put a good amount of points up people will turn on him real fast.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:55 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers View Post
I dont think anyone thinks Miller is the better player.
Some people do. Not a lot, but some have posted that much. I'm glad both of these kids are going to get a shot sooner than later.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:02 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Haven't we been over this already? Korpikoski didn't burn a year off his ELC by playing in the playoffs. He was already 2 years into his ELC. The fact that his first NHL game was a playoff game is completely irrelevant.

Kreider is not under contract and having him play in the playoffs would waste a year of his ELC.

Korpikoski had 2 years of professional experience in the AHL before playing in the NHL. Kreider has 0 experience and the organization isn't going to use the playoffs to find out if he's ready for professional play.

The situations aren't even remotely comparable. No matter how much you want it to be true, it won't happen. Kreider will NOT play for the Rangers this year. Get over it.
First off, I was responding to a question about Amonte before you decided to jump in. Second, I answered your question.

I don't give two ***** what Korpikoski's contract status was. He MADE HIS NHL DEBUT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I never said Kreider was or wasn't playing in the playoffs.

YOU get over it.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:23 PM
Edge

I'll stick with what I've always said - he reminds me of a bigger Tony Amonte. And I think he has the potential for a very similar career.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:42 PM
1 Timer

Has Kreider signed an ELC? if not he walks as a FA at the end of next year like Kessel and Gregorie did to the Isles.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:45 PM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Timer View Post
Has Kreider signed an ELC? if not he walks as a FA at the end of next year like Kessel and Gregorie did to the Isles.
No ELC, but he's graduating this year and will likely turn pro after.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:52 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
First off, I was responding to a question about Amonte before you decided to jump in. Second, I answered your question.

I don't give two ***** what Korpikoski's contract status was. He MADE HIS NHL DEBUT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I never said Kreider was or wasn't playing in the playoffs.

YOU get over it.
Apologies. I thought you were still on the "Kreider will play for the Rangers this year" thing (this is a thread on Kreider). But this is the post you responded to:

Quote:
Note the bolded part. Doesn't apply to Korpikoski.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:55 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
I'm not gonna lie.... i know ZERO about this kid.
I've heard of him, never seen him play, and know he was a 1st rounder at one point.

Reading this thread makes it seem like the guy will rack up a lot of points in the NHL, but that might be bias... Idk.
I'm a sens fan, and a lot of people say the same about Jacob silvberg, but idk.

I'm in a long term hockey pool, and I'm "rebuilding" so rookies are important to me. We have 2 rookie slots that are basically benched players, but this year, I had RNH so obviously next year he will be quite good for me.

My question is this:
is Kreider gonna be a top line point getter in his sophmore season? Or is he a 55 point guy?
Cuz right now, for next year, I have 2 spots open, and from looking at the rookies for 2012-2013, other than the big three guys going at the top of this years draft, I can't find many guys who have the potential to truly be top line players on decent teams, playing with good players.

Let me know guys, thanks.
IMHO his floor is 25/30 and his ceiling is 40/50. So he should fall somewhere in between that. I see him as Keith Tkachuk with a better shot and faster.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I'll stick with what I've always said - he reminds me of a bigger Tony Amonte. And I think he has the potential for a very similar career.
One can only hope. Amonte is easily one of the greatest NHL snipers Hockey east ever produced.

I also see similarities.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:14 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
IMHO his floor is 25/30 and his ceiling is 40/50. So he should fall somewhere in between that. I see him as Keith Tkachuk with a better shot and faster.
Kreider is never going to put up 50 assists

Old
02-25-2012, 05:14 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Would be great. A bigger Amonte works for me.

Closed Thread