HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL Part XXV

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Parker

vCash: 500
Things get worse for the Caps as their top prospect Kuznetsov is carried off the KHL ice on a stretcher.

No official word on the injury yet, have heard everything from torn knee ligaments to just "bruised soft tissues" on https://twitter.com/#!/SlavaMalamud

Old
02-24-2012, 11:20 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Love the cockiness that Subban brings to the table. If he could learn to control his temper better on the ice, he could be one hell of a player. A dynamic offensive defensemen with a huge shot, loves throwing the body, and has the ability to get under the other teams skin with his attitude? Sign me up.
If the Canadiens ever get tired of his shtick, we'll be more than happy to take him off their hands. How about Staal even up for Subban?

Old
02-24-2012, 11:31 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Things get worse for the Caps as their top prospect Kuznetsov is carried off the KHL ice on a stretcher.

No official word on the injury yet, have heard everything from torn knee ligaments to just "bruised soft tissues" on https://twitter.com/#!/SlavaMalamud

the kid is writhing in absolute agony and it takes nearly a full minute before anyone even approaches him. ridiculous.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
If the Canadiens ever get tired of his shtick, we'll be more than happy to take him off their hands. How about Staal even up for Subban?
I'd take that, love his nasty side and his slapshot...

Old
02-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
the kid is writhing in absolute agony and it takes nearly a full minute before anyone even approaches him. ridiculous.
He is off the ice within 1 min 40 seconds. How thatis rediculous i dont understand.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Why are the fans cheering/whistling and blowing into those stupid ****ing vuvuzelas while the guy is writhing in pain on the ice?

Old
02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
He is off the ice within 1 min 40 seconds. How thatis rediculous i dont understand.
im talking about the refs and the trainer...more specifically the refs...look how long it took them to blow that whistle while the poor kid is slamming the stick on the board trying to get their attention.

i dunno, just dont like seeing ppl in agony...makes me cringe.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:39 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Love the cockiness that Subban brings to the table. If he could learn to control his temper better on the ice, he could be one hell of a player. A dynamic offensive defensemen with a huge shot, loves throwing the body, and has the ability to get under the other teams skin with his attitude? Sign me up.
Spoken like a true Rex Ryan disciple

Old
02-24-2012, 12:41 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
im talking about the refs and the trainer...more specifically the refs...look how long it took them to blow that whistle while the poor kid is slamming the stick on the board trying to get their attention.

Obviously it was a dive. Typical soft Euro.

Old
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:

No doubt no fun seeing someone lay there like that, espespecially in hindsight as we know there was real injury. Wistle quicker though, and give it 2 weeks before player drop like flies as a way to stop play. Goalie interference anyone?

Old
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
No doubt no fun seeing someone lay there like that, espespecially in hindsight as we know there was real injury. Wistle quicker though, and give it 2 weeks before player drop like flies as a way to stop play. Goalie interference anyone?
Was a serious injury confirmed? He sure looked to be in a lot of pain.

Old
02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Was a serious injury confirmed? He sure looked to be in a lot of pain.
Read this at first:

Quote:
Sport-Express' Slava Malamud reported that the "preliminary diagnosis" on Kuznetsov is "torn knee ligaments," but that is before a offical MRI has been done. Of course, this is all conjecture as there has been no official word yet, but according to Chesnokov, things are not looking good
but now i found this:

Quote:
Evgeny Kuznetsov Injury: MRI Negative On Top Caps Prospect
more here

Old
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Plus if the rules in the KHL are the same as the NHL they wouldn't blow the whistle until his team had control of the puck, or the play was near him and he was in danger of getting more hurt than he already was. The other team was heading down the ice with a scoring opportunity, away from where he was on the ice at the time. Once his team touched the puck the refs blew the whistle. Now to see them standing there watching him and the amount of time it took the trainer to get there was definitely questionable.

edit* NHL rule 8: When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured possession of the puck. If the player’s team is in possession of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position.

In the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the Referee and/or Linesman may stop the play immediately.

So I guess they still could have stopped the play.

Last edited by truebluegoalie: 02-24-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old
02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Plus if the rules in the KHL are the same as the NHL they wouldn't blow the whistle until his team had control of the puck, or the play was near him and he was in danger of getting more hurt than he already was. The other team was heading down the ice with a scoring opportunity, away from where he was on the ice at the time. Once his team touched the puck the refs blew the whistle. Now to see them standing there watching him and the amount of time it took the trainer to get there was definitely questionable.

edit* NHL rule 8: When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured possession of the puck. If the player’s team is in possession of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position.

In the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the Referee and/or Linesman may stop the play immediately.

So I guess they still could have stopped the play.
I would say it is not exactly obvious that he sustained a serious injury. It didn't look like he got hit that hard.

I would say an "obvious" serious injury is when someone takes a puck to the face. In those cases they blow the whistle immediately.

In this situation I think everything was done correctly. The play moved away from him, opposing team had possession. Play doesn't stop until his team gets possession.

Old
02-24-2012, 02:29 PM
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
I would say it is not exactly obvious that he sustained a serious injury. It didn't look like he got hit that hard.

I would say an "obvious" serious injury is when someone takes a puck to the face. In those cases they blow the whistle immediately.

In this situation I think everything was done correctly. The play moved away from him, opposing team had possession. Play doesn't stop until his team gets possession.
I agree with you, probably should have said that in my post, I was just pointing out that the option is there. But serious injury is really a subjective thing, everyone will have a different opinion, although in this case even though he wasn't hit that hard, his reaction on the ice could be enough for some to consider it a serious injury warranting stoppage.

IMO, the questionable thing is how long it took the trainer to get to him, although I think they were at the far bench.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Also from the main board, trade section

Quote:
Dreger is saying that Hemsky is offered 2 years at $5 million per season. .

http://mobile.twitter.com/darrendreger
Take it before you get hurt Kid...

Old
02-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Also from the main board, trade section

Take it before you get hurt Kid...
5 million dollars for 5 goals? Nice.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Hemsky would be a FOOL to turn that down before the CBA is renegotiated.

Old
02-24-2012, 03:29 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
5 million dollars for 5 goals? Nice.
Renney likes his sandpaper.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I agree with you, probably should have said that in my post, I was just pointing out that the option is there. But serious injury is really a subjective thing, everyone will have a different opinion, although in this case even though he wasn't hit that hard, his reaction on the ice could be enough for some to consider it a serious injury warranting stoppage.

IMO, the questionable thing is how long it took the trainer to get to him, although I think they were at the far bench.
The other thing that should influence the decision is whether the injury requires IMMEDIATE attention or not. Eg, someone bleeding out on the ice or a player knocked unconscious requires immediate attention. If a player tore his ACL and play is moving away from him (so that he's not at risk of someone or something colliding with him to make matters worse), that does not require immediate attention. If his ACL's torn what's done is done, and whether he gets treatment now or 2 minutes from now will have zero impact on him.

And to make things clear, when I say immediate I mean that every second matters and could make an impact on the player's well being. A possible ligament tear / broken bone needs prompt treatment, but laying on the ice for an extra minute or two will not impact his recovery. In fact, in a lot of these cases they will not even move the player for some time until they have a good idea of what they're dealing with.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:17 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
The other thing that should influence the decision is whether the injury requires IMMEDIATE attention or not. Eg, someone bleeding out on the ice or a player knocked unconscious requires immediate attention. If a player tore his ACL and play is moving away from him (so that he's not at risk of someone or something colliding with him to make matters worse), that does not require immediate attention. If his ACL's torn what's done is done, and whether he gets treatment now or 2 minutes from now will have zero impact on him.

And to make things clear, when I say immediate I mean that every second matters and could make an impact on the player's well being. A possible ligament tear / broken bone needs prompt treatment, but laying on the ice for an extra minute or two will not impact his recovery. In fact, in a lot of these cases they will not even move the player for some time until they have a good idea of what they're dealing with.
True, but you have to examine the player to actually see what's wrong with him. lol

Old
02-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
True, but you have to examine the player to actually see what's wrong with him. lol
I know, I'm just saying that those kinds of injuries are not super urgent if they have the time to ask the guy questions on what's the problem.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:21 PM
broadwayblue

i found this amusing...

At a hastily called news conference late Thursday, Howson said Johnson was "over the top excited" about the trade.

Closed Thread