HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL Part XXV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2012, 11:00 AM
  #976
Parker
Registered User
 
Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Things get worse for the Caps as their top prospect Kuznetsov is carried off the KHL ice on a stretcher.

No official word on the injury yet, have heard everything from torn knee ligaments to just "bruised soft tissues" on https://twitter.com/#!/SlavaMalamud


Parker is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:20 AM
  #977
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Love the cockiness that Subban brings to the table. If he could learn to control his temper better on the ice, he could be one hell of a player. A dynamic offensive defensemen with a huge shot, loves throwing the body, and has the ability to get under the other teams skin with his attitude? Sign me up.
If the Canadiens ever get tired of his shtick, we'll be more than happy to take him off their hands. How about Staal even up for Subban?

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:31 AM
  #978
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Things get worse for the Caps as their top prospect Kuznetsov is carried off the KHL ice on a stretcher.

No official word on the injury yet, have heard everything from torn knee ligaments to just "bruised soft tissues" on https://twitter.com/#!/SlavaMalamud

the kid is writhing in absolute agony and it takes nearly a full minute before anyone even approaches him. ridiculous.

Inferno is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
  #979
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
If the Canadiens ever get tired of his shtick, we'll be more than happy to take him off their hands. How about Staal even up for Subban?
I'd take that, love his nasty side and his slapshot...

Mio41 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:23 PM
  #980
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
the kid is writhing in absolute agony and it takes nearly a full minute before anyone even approaches him. ridiculous.
He is off the ice within 1 min 40 seconds. How thatis rediculous i dont understand.

Hellion is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
  #981
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,593
vCash: 500
Why are the fans cheering/whistling and blowing into those stupid ****ing vuvuzelas while the guy is writhing in pain on the ice?

charlie460 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:33 PM
  #982
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
He is off the ice within 1 min 40 seconds. How thatis rediculous i dont understand.
im talking about the refs and the trainer...more specifically the refs...look how long it took them to blow that whistle while the poor kid is slamming the stick on the board trying to get their attention.

i dunno, just dont like seeing ppl in agony...makes me cringe.

Inferno is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:39 PM
  #983
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Love the cockiness that Subban brings to the table. If he could learn to control his temper better on the ice, he could be one hell of a player. A dynamic offensive defensemen with a huge shot, loves throwing the body, and has the ability to get under the other teams skin with his attitude? Sign me up.
Spoken like a true Rex Ryan disciple

GWOW is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:41 PM
  #984
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
im talking about the refs and the trainer...more specifically the refs...look how long it took them to blow that whistle while the poor kid is slamming the stick on the board trying to get their attention.

i dunno, just dont like seeing ppl in agony...makes me cringe.
Obviously it was a dive. Typical soft Euro.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 12:44 PM
  #985
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
im talking about the refs and the trainer...more specifically the refs...look how long it took them to blow that whistle while the poor kid is slamming the stick on the board trying to get their attention.

i dunno, just dont like seeing ppl in agony...makes me cringe.
No doubt no fun seeing someone lay there like that, espespecially in hindsight as we know there was real injury. Wistle quicker though, and give it 2 weeks before player drop like flies as a way to stop play. Goalie interference anyone?

Hellion is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:12 PM
  #986
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
No doubt no fun seeing someone lay there like that, espespecially in hindsight as we know there was real injury. Wistle quicker though, and give it 2 weeks before player drop like flies as a way to stop play. Goalie interference anyone?
Was a serious injury confirmed? He sure looked to be in a lot of pain.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:43 PM
  #987
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,186
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Was a serious injury confirmed? He sure looked to be in a lot of pain.
Read this at first:

Quote:
Sport-Express' Slava Malamud reported that the "preliminary diagnosis" on Kuznetsov is "torn knee ligaments," but that is before a offical MRI has been done. Of course, this is all conjecture as there has been no official word yet, but according to Chesnokov, things are not looking good
but now i found this:

Quote:
Evgeny Kuznetsov Injury: MRI Negative On Top Caps Prospect
more here

Hellion is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 01:55 PM
  #988
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
No doubt no fun seeing someone lay there like that, espespecially in hindsight as we know there was real injury. Wistle quicker though, and give it 2 weeks before player drop like flies as a way to stop play. Goalie interference anyone?
Plus if the rules in the KHL are the same as the NHL they wouldn't blow the whistle until his team had control of the puck, or the play was near him and he was in danger of getting more hurt than he already was. The other team was heading down the ice with a scoring opportunity, away from where he was on the ice at the time. Once his team touched the puck the refs blew the whistle. Now to see them standing there watching him and the amount of time it took the trainer to get there was definitely questionable.

edit* NHL rule 8: When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured possession of the puck. If the player’s team is in possession of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position.

In the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the Referee and/or Linesman may stop the play immediately.


So I guess they still could have stopped the play.


Last edited by truebluegoalie: 02-24-2012 at 02:00 PM.
truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:22 PM
  #989
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Plus if the rules in the KHL are the same as the NHL they wouldn't blow the whistle until his team had control of the puck, or the play was near him and he was in danger of getting more hurt than he already was. The other team was heading down the ice with a scoring opportunity, away from where he was on the ice at the time. Once his team touched the puck the refs blew the whistle. Now to see them standing there watching him and the amount of time it took the trainer to get there was definitely questionable.

edit* NHL rule 8: When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured possession of the puck. If the player’s team is in possession of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position.

In the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the Referee and/or Linesman may stop the play immediately.


So I guess they still could have stopped the play.
I would say it is not exactly obvious that he sustained a serious injury. It didn't look like he got hit that hard.

I would say an "obvious" serious injury is when someone takes a puck to the face. In those cases they blow the whistle immediately.

In this situation I think everything was done correctly. The play moved away from him, opposing team had possession. Play doesn't stop until his team gets possession.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 02:29 PM
  #990
truebluegoalie
Registered User
 
truebluegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
I would say it is not exactly obvious that he sustained a serious injury. It didn't look like he got hit that hard.

I would say an "obvious" serious injury is when someone takes a puck to the face. In those cases they blow the whistle immediately.

In this situation I think everything was done correctly. The play moved away from him, opposing team had possession. Play doesn't stop until his team gets possession.
I agree with you, probably should have said that in my post, I was just pointing out that the option is there. But serious injury is really a subjective thing, everyone will have a different opinion, although in this case even though he wasn't hit that hard, his reaction on the ice could be enough for some to consider it a serious injury warranting stoppage.

IMO, the questionable thing is how long it took the trainer to get to him, although I think they were at the far bench.

truebluegoalie is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:03 PM
  #991
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 3,754
vCash: 500
Also from the main board, trade section

Quote:
Dreger is saying that Hemsky is offered 2 years at $5 million per season. .

http://mobile.twitter.com/darrendreger
Take it before you get hurt Kid...

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:08 PM
  #992
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Also from the main board, trade section



Take it before you get hurt Kid...
5 million dollars for 5 goals? Nice.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
  #993
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,034
vCash: 500
Hemsky would be a FOOL to turn that down before the CBA is renegotiated.

Inferno is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 03:29 PM
  #994
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 11,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
5 million dollars for 5 goals? Nice.
Renney likes his sandpaper.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:11 PM
  #995
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
I agree with you, probably should have said that in my post, I was just pointing out that the option is there. But serious injury is really a subjective thing, everyone will have a different opinion, although in this case even though he wasn't hit that hard, his reaction on the ice could be enough for some to consider it a serious injury warranting stoppage.

IMO, the questionable thing is how long it took the trainer to get to him, although I think they were at the far bench.
The other thing that should influence the decision is whether the injury requires IMMEDIATE attention or not. Eg, someone bleeding out on the ice or a player knocked unconscious requires immediate attention. If a player tore his ACL and play is moving away from him (so that he's not at risk of someone or something colliding with him to make matters worse), that does not require immediate attention. If his ACL's torn what's done is done, and whether he gets treatment now or 2 minutes from now will have zero impact on him.

And to make things clear, when I say immediate I mean that every second matters and could make an impact on the player's well being. A possible ligament tear / broken bone needs prompt treatment, but laying on the ice for an extra minute or two will not impact his recovery. In fact, in a lot of these cases they will not even move the player for some time until they have a good idea of what they're dealing with.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:17 PM
  #996
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
The other thing that should influence the decision is whether the injury requires IMMEDIATE attention or not. Eg, someone bleeding out on the ice or a player knocked unconscious requires immediate attention. If a player tore his ACL and play is moving away from him (so that he's not at risk of someone or something colliding with him to make matters worse), that does not require immediate attention. If his ACL's torn what's done is done, and whether he gets treatment now or 2 minutes from now will have zero impact on him.

And to make things clear, when I say immediate I mean that every second matters and could make an impact on the player's well being. A possible ligament tear / broken bone needs prompt treatment, but laying on the ice for an extra minute or two will not impact his recovery. In fact, in a lot of these cases they will not even move the player for some time until they have a good idea of what they're dealing with.
True, but you have to examine the player to actually see what's wrong with him. lol

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:19 PM
  #997
Hockey Team
Hunger Force
 
Hockey Team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
True, but you have to examine the player to actually see what's wrong with him. lol
I know, I'm just saying that those kinds of injuries are not super urgent if they have the time to ask the guy questions on what's the problem.

Hockey Team is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:21 PM
  #998
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,071
vCash: 500
i found this amusing...

At a hastily called news conference late Thursday, Howson said Johnson was "over the top excited" about the trade.

broadwayblue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.