HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nash Rumors Part VI: Carter to LA; Nash next to move?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
  #876
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Why is there so much discussion about Dubinsky vs. Nash? One is a 4M player the other an 8M player. Should anyone expect Brandon to be close to the player Rick is? The issue is whether Nash is worth his 8M/year contract and whether dealing for him will be a mistake based on what it will cost to get him, what it might cost us in the future, and how close to 8M worth of production he will provide us for the next half dozen years.
If Dubinsky had put up his seasons playing elsewhere and then came here and had this season, people would think he's Wojtek Wolski.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
  #877
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Is that in regards to Nash or for the Leafs in general?

RGY is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
  #878
sexton11
Registered User
 
sexton11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Is that in regards to Nash or for the Leafs in general?
I dont know, but if Nash goes anywhere besides the NYR, I hope its the Leafs because that would be one of the most misguided moves I've seen in a long time. The LAST thing they should be looking at is more scoring on the wing.

sexton11 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
  #879
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
If Dubinsky had put up his seasons playing elsewhere and then came here and had this season, people would think he's Wojtek Wolski.

Dubinsky tries, Wolski doesn't. Dubinsky also does things besides score, Wolski doesn't.

Mr Atoz* is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
  #880
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Dubinsky tries, Wolski doesn't. Dubinsky also does things besides score, Wolski doesn't.
Exactly my point.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:26 PM
  #881
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Exactly my point.
Wolski just doesn't get "it".

I still don't understand players who don't get "it"... try as hard as you possibly can.

How hard is that to ask?

Jabroni is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:26 PM
  #882
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
I dont know, but if Nash goes anywhere besides the NYR, I hope its the Leafs because that would be one of the most misguided moves I've seen in a long time. The LAST thing they should be looking at is more scoring on the wing.

Right now it doesn't look like Nash is going anywhere but here. Otherwise he stays put. What that means is that Columbus already has a better offer from the Rangers than anyone else was willing to consider. Which to me means Sather is offering too much.

Mr Atoz* is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:27 PM
  #883
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Wolski just doesn't get "it".

I still don't understand players who don't get "it"... try as hard as you possibly can.

How hard is that to ask?
The post is about perception of players, not necessarily perception of Wolski. He's just the most recent example.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:29 PM
  #884
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Right now it doesn't look like Nash is going anywhere but here. Otherwise he stays put. What that means is that Columbus already has a better offer from the Rangers than anyone else was willing to consider. Which to me means Sather is offering too much.
Not necessarily. If you are in the camp that wants Nash here than you have to at least offer enough to get Columbus to do the deal. Offering Borque and a conditional 3rd is not gonna do it for you. lol

broadwayblue is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:30 PM
  #885
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Right now it doesn't look like Nash is going anywhere but here. Otherwise he stays put. What that means is that Columbus already has a better offer from the Rangers than anyone else was willing to consider. Which to me means Sather is offering too much.
So you think Dubinsky, McIlrath, Thomas and a 1st is too much? That's what's been rumored.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:31 PM
  #886
sexton11
Registered User
 
sexton11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So you think Dubinsky, McIlrath, Thomas and a 1st is too much? That's what's been rumored.
Thats s fair deal IMO. Id be happy with Nash at that cost.

sexton11 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
  #887
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
Thats s fair deal IMO. Id be happy with Nash at that cost.
ditto, I take him at that offer

Dubinsky- hate to see him go but its Rich Nash replacing him
McIlrath- NYR has a ton of D depth
Thomas- atleast its not Kreider or Miller
1st- its a late first rounder

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
  #888
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The post is about perception of players, not necessarily perception of Wolski. He's just the most recent example.
I understand, but I figured I would throw in my 2 cents about Wolski.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:46 PM
  #889
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
Thats s fair deal IMO. Id be happy with Nash at that cost.
I think that the deal is great for the Rangers but for Columbus? Not so much.

My gut tells me... THe Rangers have little chance in acquiring Nash. They are not willing to pay what Columbus believes Nash is worth.
Does Columbus really want Dubi for his money? Would a few more solid prospects be better for the BJ's? The problem? How many future prospects could they deal? In addition, they need a salary dump. If Columbus needs to move Nash, now, maybe they deal. More likely, the BJ's receive a late offer elsewhere they accept. Otherwise, Nash stays a BJ.

Sather is on his way out. Does he risk a big trade which is a bit of a gamble or plays the hand he currently has. Who will blame him for not taking any risk with a first place team? It' s the safe way to go out.

So, the Rangers will acquire a fringe player (yes. compared to Nash most are fringe players) and give up a relatively small amount to get him. Maybe, someone gets hot and carries the team late into the playoffs.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
  #890
Jackpot
Registered Abuser
 
Jackpot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Syracuse, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 648
vCash: 500
Not saying what Sather is offering isn't enough from the perspective of most here, but I don't see it happening. As stated before, someone will be willing to part with an upgraded version of the Thomas/McIlrath part of the deal, or a better current NHL roster player. Sather is in no rush to get a deal done which is good, but it also leaves the door open to long and he will lose out in the end.
Other organization(s) on the fringe (Toronto) will make a deal just for the sake of media coverage regardless of actual need. The people there want Nash, the media there wants Nash....All to bask in the NHL spotlight and media coverage until seasons end in the motherland of hockey... End of story...Rangers make a minor move that amounts to nothing on Monday... End of story...Now enjoy your weekend's!!

When Nash rumors started flying around the majority of the Toronto press and fans (most fans) wanted to stay away from Nash, now that it's down to a potentially two horse race, they (media/fans/organization) don't want to lose Nash to the NY Rangers

Jackpot is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
  #891
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
I just feel like this is not going to happen. Richards last trade deadline, Souray the previous 10 trade deadlines, Mats Sundin, Mogilny, Tkachuk etc. We're rumored deeeeeep every year with the biggest player thought to be available. The only time we've gotten the biggest fish lately, was Jokinen, who was only the biggest fish because all the other GM's that were rumored to be shopping their top tier guys balked and never moved anyone.

I just hope Slats refocuses on what this team actually needs, and not the pipe-dream. Depth at center to put Mitchell as the 13th forward. Depth at defense to replace Sauer, who doesn't seem likely will be ready to go and in game shape anytime soon.

I'd feel much better having Eminger as the 7th to pull fill in work for a banged up d-man than Bickel. Bickel/Erixon as the 8th puts us in a good depth situation and we can sustain some guys recovering from any minor injuries for the late playoff run.

Preferably the depth center can win real draws, as that third line gets put on the ice by Torts an awful lot for defensive situations, and it'd be great to not have to trot out the Richards or Step lines for every defensive zone faceoff.

SlingshotVv is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
  #892
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I wonder if people would be defending Dubi this much if he wasn't homegrown, and had played a season or 2 on a different team before coming here.
If Dubi wasn't homegrown, and had had the exact same career to date on another team, the same guys going out of their way to bash him would be offering up AA, McI and a 2nd for him. While I agree that homegrown guys get overrated a bit, the opposite happens even more.

smoneil is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
  #893
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom
 
nyrcallahan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
yes- out team may be missing a few aspects to it but i think making a trade would be deadly to our franchise right now. if its working why switch anything? so we can pay someone more then their worth so they can come in and non cohesively play? i've seen it happen way too many times and i believe we would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

nyrcallahan24 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
  #894
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
If Dubi wasn't homegrown, and had had the exact same career to date on another team, the same guys going out of their way to bash him would be offering up AA, McI and a 2nd for him. While I agree that homegrown guys get overrated a bit, the opposite happens even more.
I meant if he played a couple of seasons before coming here last season and having 54 points. Would people still be defending him as much?

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
  #895
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
If Dubi wasn't homegrown, and had had the exact same career to date on another team, the same guys going out of their way to bash him would be offering up AA, McI and a 2nd for him. While I agree that homegrown guys get overrated a bit, the opposite happens even more.
Highly unlikely.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
  #896
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Not saying what Sather is offering isn't enough from the perspective of most here, but I don't see it happening. As stated before, someone will be willing to part with an upgraded version of the Thomas/McIlrath part of the deal, or a better current NHL roster player. Sather is in no rush to get a deal done which is good, but it also leaves the door open to long and he will lose out in the end.
Other organization(s) on the fringe (Toronto) will make a deal just for the sake of media coverage regardless of actual need. The people there want Nash, the media there wants Nash....All to bask in the NHL spotlight and media coverage until seasons end in the motherland of hockey... End of story...Rangers make a minor move that amounts to nothing on Monday... End of story...Now enjoy your weekend's!!

When Nash rumors started flying around the majority of the Toronto press and fans (most fans) wanted to stay away from Nash, now that it's down to a potentially two horse race, they (media/fans/organization) don't want to lose Nash to the NY Rangers
If the leafs or some other teams makes a better offer and columbus accepts it, so be it. You go to plan B. I'm not in favor of getting Nash anyway, but if we are going to do it, we better not overpay.

GAGLine is online now  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM
  #897
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388728

Saying Rangers are interested in Brown...because of his numbers and his cap hit, i like this idea a lot better than Nash, he may not be as productive of Nash, but puts up good numbers consistently each year and his cap hit is way more friendlier than Nash's.

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:59 PM
  #898
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
I was so confiden the Rangers would get Nash by the deadline that I was waiting for when not if.

There are so many people saying they don't think it will happen that unfortunately I don't feel as confident anymore. It's not that I'm scared another team will come in and still him, I just don't think Howson will move him and I think that will be a mistake if he doesn't deal him now.

Hopefully we can still get him but I'm feeling more like he'll stay where he is for now.

__________________
New York RKY is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 04:59 PM
  #899
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Highly unlikely.
Agreed. There is not a shot in hell I'd give them AA, McIlrath, and a 2nd rounder. AA's career numbers arent that far off from Dubinsky's and he's younger.

RGY is offline  
Old
02-24-2012, 05:00 PM
  #900
New York RKY
Moderator
Let's Go Rangers!
 
New York RKY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dirty Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388728

Saying Rangers are interested in Brown...because of his numbers and his cap hit, i like this idea a lot better than Nash, he may not be as productive of Nash, but puts up good numbers consistently each year and his cap hit is way more friendlier than Nash's.
Lombardi, McKenzie, and I believe Lebrun all said Brown isn't available even though they were asking teams about him.

New York RKY is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.