HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nash Rumors Part VI: Carter to LA; Nash next to move?

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Why is there so much discussion about Dubinsky vs. Nash? One is a 4M player the other an 8M player. Should anyone expect Brandon to be close to the player Rick is? The issue is whether Nash is worth his 8M/year contract and whether dealing for him will be a mistake based on what it will cost to get him, what it might cost us in the future, and how close to 8M worth of production he will provide us for the next half dozen years.
If Dubinsky had put up his seasons playing elsewhere and then came here and had this season, people would think he's Wojtek Wolski.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:15 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Is that in regards to Nash or for the Leafs in general?

Old
02-24-2012, 04:20 PM
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Is that in regards to Nash or for the Leafs in general?
I dont know, but if Nash goes anywhere besides the NYR, I hope its the Leafs because that would be one of the most misguided moves I've seen in a long time. The LAST thing they should be looking at is more scoring on the wing.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
If Dubinsky had put up his seasons playing elsewhere and then came here and had this season, people would think he's Wojtek Wolski.

Dubinsky tries, Wolski doesn't. Dubinsky also does things besides score, Wolski doesn't.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Dubinsky tries, Wolski doesn't. Dubinsky also does things besides score, Wolski doesn't.
Exactly my point.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Exactly my point.
Wolski just doesn't get "it".

I still don't understand players who don't get "it"... try as hard as you possibly can.

How hard is that to ask?

Old
02-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexton11 View Post
I dont know, but if Nash goes anywhere besides the NYR, I hope its the Leafs because that would be one of the most misguided moves I've seen in a long time. The LAST thing they should be looking at is more scoring on the wing.

Right now it doesn't look like Nash is going anywhere but here. Otherwise he stays put. What that means is that Columbus already has a better offer from the Rangers than anyone else was willing to consider. Which to me means Sather is offering too much.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Wolski just doesn't get "it".

I still don't understand players who don't get "it"... try as hard as you possibly can.

How hard is that to ask?
The post is about perception of players, not necessarily perception of Wolski. He's just the most recent example.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:29 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Right now it doesn't look like Nash is going anywhere but here. Otherwise he stays put. What that means is that Columbus already has a better offer from the Rangers than anyone else was willing to consider. Which to me means Sather is offering too much.
Not necessarily. If you are in the camp that wants Nash here than you have to at least offer enough to get Columbus to do the deal. Offering Borque and a conditional 3rd is not gonna do it for you. lol

Old
02-24-2012, 04:30 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
So you think Dubinsky, McIlrath, Thomas and a 1st is too much? That's what's been rumored.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:31 PM
sexton11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
So you think Dubinsky, McIlrath, Thomas and a 1st is too much? That's what's been rumored.
Thats s fair deal IMO. Id be happy with Nash at that cost.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:36 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
ditto, I take him at that offer

Dubinsky- hate to see him go but its Rich Nash replacing him
McIlrath- NYR has a ton of D depth
Thomas- atleast its not Kreider or Miller
1st- its a late first rounder

Old
02-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
The post is about perception of players, not necessarily perception of Wolski. He's just the most recent example.
I understand, but I figured I would throw in my 2 cents about Wolski.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:46 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
I think that the deal is great for the Rangers but for Columbus? Not so much.

My gut tells me... THe Rangers have little chance in acquiring Nash. They are not willing to pay what Columbus believes Nash is worth.
Does Columbus really want Dubi for his money? Would a few more solid prospects be better for the BJ's? The problem? How many future prospects could they deal? In addition, they need a salary dump. If Columbus needs to move Nash, now, maybe they deal. More likely, the BJ's receive a late offer elsewhere they accept. Otherwise, Nash stays a BJ.

Sather is on his way out. Does he risk a big trade which is a bit of a gamble or plays the hand he currently has. Who will blame him for not taking any risk with a first place team? It' s the safe way to go out.

So, the Rangers will acquire a fringe player (yes. compared to Nash most are fringe players) and give up a relatively small amount to get him. Maybe, someone gets hot and carries the team late into the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Not saying what Sather is offering isn't enough from the perspective of most here, but I don't see it happening. As stated before, someone will be willing to part with an upgraded version of the Thomas/McIlrath part of the deal, or a better current NHL roster player. Sather is in no rush to get a deal done which is good, but it also leaves the door open to long and he will lose out in the end.
Other organization(s) on the fringe (Toronto) will make a deal just for the sake of media coverage regardless of actual need. The people there want Nash, the media there wants Nash....All to bask in the NHL spotlight and media coverage until seasons end in the motherland of hockey... End of story...Rangers make a minor move that amounts to nothing on Monday... End of story...Now enjoy your weekend's!!

When Nash rumors started flying around the majority of the Toronto press and fans (most fans) wanted to stay away from Nash, now that it's down to a potentially two horse race, they (media/fans/organization) don't want to lose Nash to the NY Rangers

Old
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

I just feel like this is not going to happen. Richards last trade deadline, Souray the previous 10 trade deadlines, Mats Sundin, Mogilny, Tkachuk etc. We're rumored deeeeeep every year with the biggest player thought to be available. The only time we've gotten the biggest fish lately, was Jokinen, who was only the biggest fish because all the other GM's that were rumored to be shopping their top tier guys balked and never moved anyone.

I just hope Slats refocuses on what this team actually needs, and not the pipe-dream. Depth at center to put Mitchell as the 13th forward. Depth at defense to replace Sauer, who doesn't seem likely will be ready to go and in game shape anytime soon.

I'd feel much better having Eminger as the 7th to pull fill in work for a banged up d-man than Bickel. Bickel/Erixon as the 8th puts us in a good depth situation and we can sustain some guys recovering from any minor injuries for the late playoff run.

Preferably the depth center can win real draws, as that third line gets put on the ice by Torts an awful lot for defensive situations, and it'd be great to not have to trot out the Richards or Step lines for every defensive zone faceoff.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:48 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I wonder if people would be defending Dubi this much if he wasn't homegrown, and had played a season or 2 on a different team before coming here.
If Dubi wasn't homegrown, and had had the exact same career to date on another team, the same guys going out of their way to bash him would be offering up AA, McI and a 2nd for him. While I agree that homegrown guys get overrated a bit, the opposite happens even more.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

yes- out team may be missing a few aspects to it but i think making a trade would be deadly to our franchise right now. if its working why switch anything? so we can pay someone more then their worth so they can come in and non cohesively play? i've seen it happen way too many times and i believe we would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
If Dubi wasn't homegrown, and had had the exact same career to date on another team, the same guys going out of their way to bash him would be offering up AA, McI and a 2nd for him. While I agree that homegrown guys get overrated a bit, the opposite happens even more.
I meant if he played a couple of seasons before coming here last season and having 54 points. Would people still be defending him as much?

Old
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Highly unlikely.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:54 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Not saying what Sather is offering isn't enough from the perspective of most here, but I don't see it happening. As stated before, someone will be willing to part with an upgraded version of the Thomas/McIlrath part of the deal, or a better current NHL roster player. Sather is in no rush to get a deal done which is good, but it also leaves the door open to long and he will lose out in the end.
Other organization(s) on the fringe (Toronto) will make a deal just for the sake of media coverage regardless of actual need. The people there want Nash, the media there wants Nash....All to bask in the NHL spotlight and media coverage until seasons end in the motherland of hockey... End of story...Rangers make a minor move that amounts to nothing on Monday... End of story...Now enjoy your weekend's!!

When Nash rumors started flying around the majority of the Toronto press and fans (most fans) wanted to stay away from Nash, now that it's down to a potentially two horse race, they (media/fans/organization) don't want to lose Nash to the NY Rangers
If the leafs or some other teams makes a better offer and columbus accepts it, so be it. You go to plan B. I'm not in favor of getting Nash anyway, but if we are going to do it, we better not overpay.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388728

Saying Rangers are interested in Brown...because of his numbers and his cap hit, i like this idea a lot better than Nash, he may not be as productive of Nash, but puts up good numbers consistently each year and his cap hit is way more friendlier than Nash's.

Old
02-24-2012, 04:59 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I was so confiden the Rangers would get Nash by the deadline that I was waiting for when not if.

There are so many people saying they don't think it will happen that unfortunately I don't feel as confident anymore. It's not that I'm scared another team will come in and still him, I just don't think Howson will move him and I think that will be a mistake if he doesn't deal him now.

Hopefully we can still get him but I'm feeling more like he'll stay where he is for now.

02-24-2012, 04:59 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Highly unlikely.
Agreed. There is not a shot in hell I'd give them AA, McIlrath, and a 2nd rounder. AA's career numbers arent that far off from Dubinsky's and he's younger.

Old
02-24-2012, 05:00 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388728

Saying Rangers are interested in Brown...because of his numbers and his cap hit, i like this idea a lot better than Nash, he may not be as productive of Nash, but puts up good numbers consistently each year and his cap hit is way more friendlier than Nash's.
Lombardi, McKenzie, and I believe Lebrun all said Brown isn't available even though they were asking teams about him.

Closed Thread