HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Flames/Nucks in the Sundin Sweepstakes?

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 02:01 PM
OilKiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
Man oh man, Calgary is going to be absolutely dominant with Weight, Sundin, Richards and Jokinen down the middle. That is easily the best set of centres in the entire league...

No kidding huh? I don't know where these rumours REALLY come from. Flames already have a $7 M player. How the heck could they ever afford two? I'm sure with any of those players, the price would be way too high trade wise as well. The Flames would have to lose some talent to try and land any of these players. They lead the NW currently and are 7th overall in the League. Why would Sutter want to dismantle this team to land one of these players?

Old
01-24-2006, 05:21 PM
FLAMESTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilKiller

No kidding huh? I don't know where these rumours REALLY come from. Flames already have a $7 M player. How the heck could they ever afford two? I'm sure with any of those players, the price would be way too high trade wise as well. The Flames would have to lose some talent to try and land any of these players. They lead the NW currently and are 7th overall in the League. Why would Sutter want to dismantle this team to land one of these players?
I never knew that we were going after Richards

Old
01-24-2006, 06:30 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
When Bertuzzi is playing with fractured wrists...or on the sidelines suspended.

Bertuzzi>Sundin when healthy.
in 24 games (all of them in his "prime") Bertuzzi has 14 points, 82 penalty minutes, and is a -3.

Unless you're in a fantasy league that rewards penalties, Bertuzzi has practically been a liability in the post season.

Not to say that a Sundin-Bertuzzi deal would necessarily be a good idea for Vancouver...just setting the record straight.

Old
01-24-2006, 07:37 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
When Bertuzzi is playing with fractured wrists...or on the sidelines suspended.

Bertuzzi>Sundin when healthy.
Sundin has played with bad injuries in the playoffs as well. A few come to mind..

Broken jaw
Torn groin
Fractured wrist

Old
01-24-2006, 09:48 PM
flambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada
Sundin suggested for a few Canadian cities.. With the Leafs in danger of missing the playoffs, can a trade be far behind?

http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/default.html
I believe this rumour is total BS, not sure how either team could afford Sundin.

Old
01-25-2006, 12:15 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
in 24 games (all of them in his "prime") Bertuzzi has 14 points, 82 penalty minutes, and is a -3.

Unless you're in a fantasy league that rewards penalties, Bertuzzi has practically been a liability in the post season.

Not to say that a Sundin-Bertuzzi deal would necessarily be a good idea for Vancouver...just setting the record straight.
Again, injuries is a factor.

2000/01: 4GP 2G 2A 4 PTS - Playing without normal linemates Naslund and Cassels, Bertuzzi was a force in this series against the much vaunted Avalanche squad.

2001/02: 6GP 2 G 2A 4 PTS - Bertuzzi was keyed on by Detroit and harrassed all series by the likes of Chelios/Fischer/Lidstrom. He was Vancouver's best player in this series as well.

2002/03: 14GP 2G 5A 7PTS - This is the playoffs Bertuzzi played with the fractured wrist (and who knows what other injuries). He was a force in series one against the Blues, but stunk against Minnesota (as did all of his teammates).

Old
01-25-2006, 02:16 AM
xtra

i wouldn't do that deal (sundin +belfour for jovo + Bert) for the simple reason taht Belfour is locked in at 6mil for another season after this one. What i would consider/do is this:

Jovo + Bertuzzi + 3rd

for

Sundin + O'neill + Khavanov or Klee who ever makes less

Old
01-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto.
Sundin has played with bad injuries in the playoffs as well. A few come to mind..

Broken jaw
Torn groin
Fractured wrist

He also had a serious knee injury last season that caused him to miss the majority of the first round against Ottawa. If I recall, he scored a huge goal to send game six against Philly to overtime. (I could be wrong about that)

In fact, I can't remember the last time that Sundin wasn't injured during the playoffs.

For anyone to compare Bertuzzi to Sundin in any way is embarrasing IMO, Sundin is an elite player in this league when he wants to be. He also is surrounded with Naslunds, Sedins, and Morrisons. He has Domis, Renbergs, Reichels, Hoglunds, and Kilgers.

Old
01-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Again, injuries is a factor.

2000/01: 4GP 2G 2A 4 PTS - Playing without normal linemates Naslund and Cassels, Bertuzzi was a force in this series against the much vaunted Avalanche squad.

2001/02: 6GP 2 G 2A 4 PTS - Bertuzzi was keyed on by Detroit and harrassed all series by the likes of Chelios/Fischer/Lidstrom. He was Vancouver's best player in this series as well.

2002/03: 14GP 2G 5A 7PTS - This is the playoffs Bertuzzi played with the fractured wrist (and who knows what other injuries). He was a force in series one against the Blues, but stunk against Minnesota (as did all of his teammates).

Whats your point? You fail to mention how Sundin has been injured almost every single series he has played in a Toronto uniform. He has only been completley healthy for maybe one or two, and I don't even know about his time in Quebec.

Old
01-25-2006, 07:26 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
I think this is completly bogus...check out www.torontorstar.com, they have an article with Sundin saying no way to being traded.

But if he is , I would gladly give up Pavel Datsyuk from the Wings
for Sundin and the Leafs #1 draft pick this year.At the deadline of course, so as to make the salary fit.

Before you call me crazy, realize that Sundin brings it in the playoffs. Datsyuk has n't done so much, and is a contract negotiation headache...plus is UFA in two years.

Old
01-25-2006, 08:03 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi
I think this is completly bogus...check out www.torontorstar.com, they have an article with Sundin saying no way to being traded.

for Sundin and the Leafs #1 draft pick this year.At the deadline of course, so as to make the salary fit.

Before you call me crazy, realize that Sundin brings it in the playoffs. Datsyuk has n't done so much, and is a contract negotiation headache...plus is UFA in two years.
maybe if it was Datsyuk and a first for Sundin someone would consider it, but you will not get the better player and a first.
...and at the trading deadline Sundin's value (to a contender) would go through the roof, and anyone who says otherwise is living in a dream world, because, at the trade deadline it's all about winning the cup this year, playing for the now, and not next season, so his contract doesnt matter at all.

Old
01-25-2006, 08:09 AM
Crossroads*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra
i wouldn't do that deal (sundin +belfour for jovo + Bert) for the simple reason taht Belfour is locked in at 6mil for another season after this one. What i would consider/do is this:

Jovo + Bertuzzi + 3rd

for

Sundin + O'neill + Khavanov or Klee who ever makes less
Belfour is not locked in @ 6 million for another season. He's making 4.5 now and next year is a team option.

Old
01-25-2006, 08:15 AM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi

for Sundin and the Leafs #1 draft pick this year
.At the deadline of course, so as to make the salary fit.

Admittting it is the first step to recovery.

Old
01-25-2006, 11:32 AM
abracanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224
Zingggg

Old
01-25-2006, 01:50 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull
Whats your point? You fail to mention how Sundin has been injured almost every single series he has played in a Toronto uniform. He has only been completley healthy for maybe one or two, and I don't even know about his time in Quebec.
Sundin's agreat performer, but don't forget he's 4 years older than Bertuzzi. And to me it looks like he's slowed down a bit this year.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
Belfour is not locked in @ 6 million for another season. He's making 4.5 now and next year is a team option.
Wasn't that a player option?

Old
01-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224

That is a myth. Admitting you have a problem is the second step. Having the problem is the first step.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Wasn't that a player option?
No, Team option. But if they refuse it they have to buy-him out at half his salary.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:55 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto.
No, Team option. But if they refuse it they have to buy-him out at half his salary.
it's 2 mil -24% rollback 1.52 mil

Old
01-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Sundin's agreat performer, but don't forget he's 4 years older than Bertuzzi. And to me it looks like he's slowed down a bit this year.
Sudin is not having a great year. But, I would not be shocked to see him bounce right back with a 30 - 35 goal campaign next season. In fact, I'd be willing to predict that he'll score in that range. That said, there aren't going to be any takers on his contract. So, Sundin is basically untradeable.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:42 PM
BATJAM

Posts like Sundin + O'neil + Belfour for Van's top players is absolutely ludicrous. Why would be pick up bloated salaries for years to come on players who are comically underchieving in Toronto. I'm not trying to bash leaf fans here, but everytime I check the Leafs Page, all they do whine about how O'neils' a floater, Belfour's just too slow and Sundin is struggling. No way would I add 16 million dollars for slow, struggling floaters.

wake up

However, a three way trade that brought us Datsyuk and Legace... ha I'm all in

Old
01-25-2006, 06:21 PM
RandomRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossroads
Oh yes because you are closely linked to 'Nuck management right? Change your post to: In my opinion, Vancouver does not need Sundin.

Thankfully, your opinion doesn't mean much to Nonis and other decision makers in Vancouver or any NHL team for that matter.
Actually, it's not my opinion, it's fact! Sundin at 7 million? What's this salary cap you speak of? You need to screw your head on buddy. I'm sorry that your team stinks but there's a reason that your team is so laughable you know.

Old
01-25-2006, 06:28 PM
RandomRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapie
Just wondering why you would say that, or rather what your rationale for such a claim is. If Vancouver is realistic about a cup run, Belfour and Sundin would give your team a better shot then is currently feasible with your roster-- then again, Belfour probably would be a playoff rental, and Mats has a large contract next year.

With that said, why wouldn't Vancouver be interested in a #1 centre? Sundin and Naslund would be a pretty nasty combo.
I have several reasons.

1) Sundin + Belfour = 11Million. The canucks are not looking for such fat salaries. They've already messed up with jovo and linden.

2) Belfour is way past his prime and has not been the same goalie since his surgery. Vancouver has many other options to fill the whole in goal. Biron, Theodore, Roloson, Toskala, or possibly a blockbuster sending jovanovski and some other players/prospects for Luongo.

3) Sundin is soft

4) Belfour is an alcoholic

5) The leafs suck

6) No

Old
01-25-2006, 06:33 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapopinski

3) Sundin is soft

4) Belfour is an alcoholic

5) The leafs suck

6) No
3) Sundin is soft? Didn't he knock out some Vancouver player the last season before this one with an open ice hit? Regardless, Sundin is far from soft.

4) What are you 5 years old?

5) See #4

Old
01-25-2006, 06:34 PM
ARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapopinski
I have several reasons.

3) Sundin is soft
I'm a sens fan, but I have to disagree with this, Sundin, on Monday night, was laying out some big hits.

Closed Thread