HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 3 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST) Can a brother get a top 30 forward ?

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Glad Hemsky is not in the picture. We do not need another playmaker but lets all spell it out together we need a ......S.N.I.P.E.R.!
Mother ****ing right

Old
02-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Glad Hemsky is not in the picture. We do not need another playmaker but lets all spell it out together we need a ......S.N.I.P.E.R.!
I don't think we need to worry about labeling the player we need. We honestly need a little bit of everything. As long as we get a talented player that works hard, we will be a better club.

Old
02-24-2012, 06:53 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't think we need to worry about labeling the player we need. We honestly need a little bit of everything. As long as we get a talented player that works hard, we will be a better club.
We have a team full of talented players already. The fact is we need a legit foward Sniper who can finish a play. Not sure what else we need that you refer to as a "little bit of everything". We need a finisher top 3 forward and another legit D-man to go will Ellis on the 3rd line

Old
02-24-2012, 06:55 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I think Roy may be coming our way, i just have a feeling

Old
02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I think Roy may be coming our way, i just have a feeling
nope.. try possibly riberio or unnamed player

Old
02-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
We have a team full of talented players already. The fact is we need a legit foward Sniper who can finish a play. Not sure what else we need that you refer to as a "little bit of everything". We need a finisher top 3 forward and another legit D-man to go will Ellis on the 3rd line
We have plenty of players who can score goals, as evidenced by having the most balanced goal scoring depth in the league. Would a sniper be a great addition? Yes of course. Stick him with Erat and/or Kostitsyn and that line would be deadly. But would a playmaker be a great addition? Yes he would. He would make our already decent goal scorers even better. Why do you think Hornqvist got 30 goals that one year? Because he had a great playmaker on his line.

A playmaker, a sniper, or a hybrid of both would all be great additions. A sniper would help finish plays, while a playmaker would help with our terrible puck possession.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:05 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
nope.. try possibly riberio or unnamed player
Just a fair warning, if we get Roy or if Ribeiro gets dealt elsewhere, I'm quoting this post again in every trade-related thread you post in until the end of next season.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
We have plenty of players who can score goals, as evidenced by having the most balanced goal scoring depth in the league. Would a sniper be a great addition? Yes of course. Stick him with Erat and/or Kostitsyn and that line would be deadly. But would a playmaker be a great addition? Yes he would. He would make our already decent goal scorers even better. Why do you think Hornqvist got 30 goals that one year? Because he had a great playmaker on his line.

A playmaker, a sniper, or a hybrid of both would all be great additions. A sniper would help finish plays, while a playmaker would help with our terrible puck possession.
Agreed. Too easy to get hung up on player roles/styles. A skilled player that is an upgrade on our top 6 will be a great addition, regardless of whatever type of forward he is. Not that pure finishers of that caliber are all that common, or available, to begin with. Ribiero certainly isn't (a sniper, that is), and Roy doesn't quite fit that bill either.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:17 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:

I've said much of this before, as well. It doesn't matter who we get, what matters is that player's ability to create offense. If he doesn't have the full tool set, he's not much better than what we have now. Ribeiro, Roy or Grabovski would be the best acquisitions, in that order. Ribeiro's availability is questionable, and if he's not on the market, I have zero qualms with us going after Roy.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:18 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Just a fair warning, if we get Roy or if Ribeiro gets dealt elsewhere, I'm quoting this post again in every trade-related thread you post in until the end of next season.
thats fine by me. roy isn't coming here.. ribierio is a possibility although I dont think he is officially on the block so to say.. poile will/has make an offer

Old
02-24-2012, 07:23 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Nashville Picks so far:

NSH 1st
TOR 3rd (Draft day trade)
NSH 4th
PHO 4th (O'Reilly)
NSH 5th
NSH 6th
NYR 6th (Draft day trade)
DAL 6th (Smithson)
NSH 7th

Old
02-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Privy

Mikhail Grabovski

Old
02-24-2012, 07:27 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Nashville Picks so far:

NSH 1st
TOR 3rd (Draft day trade)
NSH 4th
PHO 4th (O'Reilly)
NSH 5th
NSH 6th
NYR 6th (Draft day trade)
DAL 6th (Smithson)
NSH 7th
We could have 8 picks in this draft and none of them before the third round.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:28 PM
alexmanu

Ribeiro is exactly the type of offensive talent we need. I remember he was quoted saying something like "whatever, we'll have to see" or something to that effect on the topic of him being traded which is not exactly a ringing endorsement for Dallas. I think we should make a move for him, even if we don't get him Poile should make an offer.

I also wouldn't be against the idea of bringing Roy or Grabovski in, but i'd personally prefer Ribeiro.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:32 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
thats fine by me. roy isn't coming here.. ribierio is a possibility although I dont think he is officially on the block so to say.. poile will/has make an offer
I'd like to see/hear your source on this. I'd really love to be excited about it, because Ribeiro is the perfect fit for what we need, but you're talking in Eklund-esque ambiguities here.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:34 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

So the depth chart looks like this? (Based on TOI/G)

Erat-Fisher-Wilson
SK-Legwand-Hornqvist
Bourque-Spaling-Tootoo
Halischuk-Smith-Yip
McG

Weber-Suter
Klein-Josi
Cube-Gill
Hillen

Rinne

Lindback (Only because the poor guy sees less ice time than Biznasty2.0)

Old
02-24-2012, 07:38 PM
VFL615*

Quote:

We do have a nice offense however we also have to many guys who want to pass the puck. If we had a more accurate Smith type we would be an even better offense. This team makes some great plays passing but it also passes A LOT when it does not need to. I would prefer a TWF who loves to shoot, can carry the puck into the zone, finish a play without fanning, hitting the post, completely missing the net, or not being able to lift the puck over a blocker. A true threat which in turn would leave more room for are other talented guys to make a better play.

Old
02-24-2012, 07:40 PM
maplepred

We need a guy that we can put on the ice with less than two minutes left and we are down by one goal. A guy we can really count on

Would be great and help this team in so many ways,

Do you guys think NHL gm's ever look at boards like hf?? Fan feedback?

Old
02-24-2012, 07:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
I'd like to see/hear your source on this. I'd really love to be excited about it, because Ribeiro is the perfect fit for what we need, but you're talking in Eklund-esque ambiguities here.
lets see how it plays out.. but roy is a no. I know a guy who works for the org who knows a guy sorta thing... riberio isn't on the block right now. more of seeing what they could get so I think it would take more than DP is comfortable with

Old
02-24-2012, 07:49 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
didn't someone mention a dallas scout at the game last night? it would match up.. the interest is there from what I know. DP seems to be searching very hard.. almost desperately. I guess he may be pushing hard knowing suter is likely gone?

Old
02-24-2012, 07:49 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
We need a guy that we can put on the ice with less than two minutes left and we are down by one goal. A guy we can really count on

Would be great and help this team in so many ways,

Do you guys think NHL gm's ever look at boards like hf?? Fan feedback?
If Poile read these boards and used fan feedback when making decisions about the team I would want him fired. And not just these boards, but any fan forum. We are fans and he is the GM for good reasons.

They may read the site to see how content the fan base is, but other than that I would guess they stay away

Old
02-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Iron Duke

I think it's more likely we see a trade for a shutdown-type center like Sami Pahlsson than a top 6 center, if that be the position we're looking into.

Old
02-24-2012, 08:17 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
lets see how it plays out.. but roy is a no. I know a guy who works for the org who knows a guy sorta thing... riberio isn't on the block right now. more of seeing what they could get so I think it would take more than DP is comfortable with
But what makes zero sense to me is why trade smithson, for essentially nothing, if he doesn't already have something lined up. I would thinka deal would already be done, maybe just waiting for tomorrow to announce

Old
02-24-2012, 08:19 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
But what makes zero sense to me is why trade smithson, for essentially nothing, if he doesn't already have something lined up. I would thinka deal would already be done, maybe just waiting for tomorrow to announce
I dont think so.. I believe its more of poile has his hands in so many different deals, he is confident he will get someone. and when florida offered a pick for smithson, he said deal. we know how much poile loves draft picks

Old
02-24-2012, 08:26 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I think it's more likely we see a trade for a shutdown-type center like Sami Pahlsson than a top 6 center, if that be the position we're looking into.
Can you say Stanley cup?

Closed Thread