HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Petiot & Ryan assigned to Manchester

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2006, 03:10 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Petiot & Ryan assigned to Manchester

from the Kings web site:

LOS ANGELES The Los Angeles Kings have assigned center Matt Ryan and defenseman Richard Petiot to the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, Kings President, Hockey Operations/General Manager Dave Taylor announced.

link: www.lakings.com

No word on anyone being recalled to replace them???

Some guys coming off IR perhaps???

Old
01-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This calls for a dancing banana. Looks like JR, Miller and Belanger will be returning.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:13 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
This calls for a dancing banana. Looks like JR, Miller and Belanger will be returning.
No...we're no that lucky.

It didn't seem like any of them were that close to returning.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Goallum

Perhaps none of our walking wounded are close yet, but the Kings are about to announce that they have re-acquired Stumpel and Blake?

Old
01-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Well someone who was out has to be in the lineup tomorrow since Ryan was dressed and the Kings had no healthy scratches up front. And it doesn't look like they're recalling anyone so...

Old
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
King Blazer

They could annouce a recall tomorrow and play it close to the vest as they do at times. The Kings are currently short one forward and at the min for d-men...

Old
01-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

That is a possibility, but who would they look to recall? The current roster, with Petiot and Ryan gone, has 11 healthy forwards, not including JR, Demitra and Belanger. So that one roster spot is open, and there is no 7th defenseman that could be inserted into the lineup since they only have a healthy six (unless Miller is ready). I don't think JR is that ahead of schedule to get back in, so hopefully this is a sign that Eric Belanger is ready to go.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:38 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
That is a possibility, but who would they look to recall? The current roster, with Petiot and Ryan gone, has 11 healthy forwards, not including JR, Demitra and Belanger. So that one roster spot is open, and there is no 7th defenseman that could be inserted into the lineup since they only have a healthy six (unless Miller is ready). I don't think JR is that ahead of schedule to get back in, so hopefully this is a sign that Eric Belanger is ready to go.
The Kings are in desperate need of help on the PP. Desperate times call for desperate measures, I'm going with Lehoux. No rumors or anything like that, just my gut...

D-man gets more interesting. Brad Fast looks like a good healthy scratch to me...

Old
01-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Would that leave Manchester with enough defensemen? I read on the Monarchs site that they have released defenseman Chris Barr from his professional tryout agreement.

BTW, I just noticed Brad Fast's name was listed under inactive Monarchs on their stats section. You could be on to something...

Old
01-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Osprey

Indeed, this is strange. It was said that Roenick and Miller would travel with the team for Saturday's game, but most likely wouldn't play. Belanger is week-to-week according to the timetable last night, and they wouldn't rush him again, anyways.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Kick

Quote:
Would that leave Manchester with enough defensemen? I read on the Monarchs site that they have released defenseman Chris Barr from his professional tryout agreement.

BTW, I just noticed Brad Fast's name was listed under inactive Monarchs on their stats section. You could be on to something...
If Fast were to be called up that would still leave Manchester with 7 healthy D-men. For the most part, Fast has been playing forward.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:57 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Don't go by that. There are a couple of players listed as both active and inactive. Giuliano is still on the active list as well...

Old
01-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Indeed, this is strange. It was said that Roenick and Miller would travel with the team for Saturday's game, but most likely wouldn't play. Belanger is week-to-week according to the timetable last night, and they wouldn't rush him again, anyways.
Belanger was skating, so given that he was out with the groin, wouldn't that be an indication that he's pretty close?

Old
01-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24
Belanger was skating, so given that he was out with the groin, wouldn't that be an indication that he's pretty close?
You'd think, but he re-injured his groin last week while skating when he was even closer than "pretty close."

Old
01-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I bet we do see Lehoux with a cup here in L.A. Give Fast a shot, 1 goal in one NHL game.

Old
01-25-2006, 04:08 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
the flyers have Ready and Eager (and Hope -- on the Phantoms roster), why can't the kings have Fast and Quick?...

Last edited by TubbyTerrion*: 01-25-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Old
01-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
the flyers have Ready and Eager, why can't the kings have fast and quick...
*rimshot*

Old
01-25-2006, 05:50 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I bet we do see Lehoux with a cup here in L.A. Give Fast a shot, 1 goal in one NHL game.
I'd like to see Lehoux get some time around Luc before he retires. Both of them are from Montreal and speak French. I'm thinking it's time for Luc to be to Lehoux what Dionne was to him, a mentor. Passing of the torch so to speak. Luc could be an influence in Lehoux's career and I think he'd probably enjoy the opportunity.

Add Belanger into the mix and you've got the Tree Amigos....Three visor wearing Francophones! Just what Avery needs...

Old
01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I'd like to see Lehoux get some time around Luc before he retires.
Give Andy Murray a chance. He'll figure out a way to assign Luc to Manchester for a conditioning stint before the year is out

Old
01-25-2006, 05:59 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Give Andy Murray a chance. He'll figure out a way to assign Luc to Manchester for a conditioning stint before the year is out
I'm all good with that. I suggest that it's done in time for the Feb 8th game...

Old
01-25-2006, 09:15 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Add Belanger into the mix and you've got the Tree Amigos....Three visor wearing Francophones! Just what Avery needs...

Closed Thread