HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Reasoner has a fractured ankle

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2003, 02:51 PM
serum114

vCash: 500
Reasoner has a fractured ankle

From the Oilers' email:

2003-11-12 - REASONER PLACED ON IR

The Edmonton Oilers have placed forward Marty Reasoner on the NHL Injured Reserved List with a hairline fracture of his left ankle. Reasoner has been out of the Oilers’ lineup for the last two games after falling into the boards with Toronto Maple Leafs’ defencemen Bryan Marchment during last Saturday’s game at the Air Canada Centre.

The Honeoye Falls, NY native has two goals and six assists in 13 games with

Looks like Stoll will get a long look. I, for one, am glad he will—it's a shame it's at Reasoner's expense though.

Do you think this forces Lowe's hand on the Comrie front at all?

Old
11-12-2003, 03:22 PM
oilflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114
Do you think this forces Lowe's hand on the Comrie front at all?
From the Game Notes website @http://www.edmontonoilers.com/gametime/notes.php

"NHL INJURED RESERVE LIST Marty Reasoner (C) was placed on the NHL IR on Nov. 12, retroactive to Nov. 8, after suffering a hairline fracture of his left ankle on Nov. 8. Brad Isbister (LW) was placed on the NHL IR on Nov. 11, retroactive to Nov. 6, after suffering a whiplash type neck injury on Nov. 6. Jarret Stoll (C) was activated from NHL IRL on Nov. 10 after missing 5 games (Oct. 30-Nov. 8) due to tonsilitis.

The Oilers have had 4 players on the NHL IRL to date this season: Marty Reasoner (C) - Nov. 12 Brad Isbister (LW) - Nov. 11 Jarret Stoll (C) - Nov. 3-10 Ty Conklin (G) - Oct. 30-31."

To answer your question, no I do you think this forces Lowe's hand.

Old
11-12-2003, 03:23 PM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
That sucks. He's been playing great too!

I wonder if this will have an effect on the PK. Without arguably their best penalty killer, I wonder if the team be more cautious when killing penalties, and as a result maybe kill some off.

Also, with Stoll playing well between Pisani and Moreau, and saying in Guy's interview that he likes playing with them and he feels good playing with Pisani, I wonder if he will stay there when Marty comes back. This would give MacT the opportunity to put Reasoner in an offensive role btw Hemsky and Smyth, and put Horcoff back on the 4th line.

So if this happens, to answer the Comrie question I would say it gives Lowe even more time, if in fact it works out, it would leave the lines looking like:

Smyth - Reasoner - Hemsky
Torres - York - Dvorak
Pisani - Stoll - Moreau
Isbister - Horcoff - Laraque

Old
11-12-2003, 04:05 PM
jadeddog

well, is reasoner has a fractured ankle hes gonna be out 4-8 weeks, and maybe longer... you would think that a comrie deal will have been done by that point, but maybe not..... if a deal hasnt been done by that point i would LOVE the idea of reasoner playing on the top line as centre....

essentially the lineup that you just put up was the lineup that ive been hoping for pretty much all year, as i think smyth would do much better with a defensive minded C with him

Old
11-12-2003, 04:36 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
well, is reasoner has a fractured ankle hes gonna be out 4-8 weeks, and maybe longer... you would think that a comrie deal will have been done by that point, but maybe not..... if a deal hasnt been done by that point i would LOVE the idea of reasoner playing on the top line as centre....

essentially the lineup that you just put up was the lineup that ive been hoping for pretty much all year, as i think smyth would do much better with a defensive minded C with him
you aren't the only one... i think many oiler fans have been hoping that macT would give that lineup a try. of course, why try reasoner on the first line when we have shawn "super talent" horcoff?

Closed Thread