HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Richards, was he worth it all?

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
i think he will get better at least im hopeful he will this season and playoffs...but at the currrent moment he is Drury 2.0

Old
02-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
This is a bad excuse for his performance thus far. Gaborik and Callahan both have more goals then Eriksson, neither of them are doing it because of Richards.

I guess Hagelin trusts his linemates, his twice as effective every single shift then Richards.
Hagelin is "twice as effective" because he does other things other than offense. If Richards isn't providing offense, he has no real purpose. Hence he needs an actual winger who can score. Not garbage goal guys like Callahan and Hagelin.

Old
UlfNilsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
He's not "setting anything up" because why bother? Even if he did, his wingers couldn't finish. Brad is trying to do everything he can to score. That includes not passing the puck and trying to do it himself. It's painfully obvious for anyone who's ever played hockey. If you can't trust your linemates, you try to do far too much yourself.
Excuses.... Great players make players around them better. They tried him with a bonafide goal scorer - Gaborik. No dice. He's a good player, but a bit over-rated and definitely not worth the cap space he eats up.

Old
Lundqvist 30 NY

A revolving door at LW which has included a rookie(who has played well, but not fully there yet), a struggling Dubinsky. Then being on a line with Rupp and Mitchell. And a line with Prust and Fedetenko. A struggling powerplay which doesn't move. They should take some notes from the Isles PP. They move around and create chances. Give him someone who knows how to get to the scoring area. And wait until the end of the playoffs at least.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:08 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
He's not "setting anything up" because why bother? Even if he did, his wingers couldn't finish. Brad is trying to do everything he can to score. That includes not passing the puck and trying to do it himself. It's painfully obvious for anyone who's ever played hockey. If you can't trust your linemates, you try to do far too much yourself.
The Rangers, for all their scoring woes, are on pace to score the exact same number of goals as Dallas did last season.

He's not simply shooting more, he's incapable of doing anything productive most shifts.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlfNilsson View Post
Excuses.... Great players make players around them better. They tried him with a bonafide goal scorer - Gaborik. No dice. He's a good player, but a bit over-rated and definitely not worth the cap space he eats up.
...except Richards has never been a guy that will suddenly make people insane around him. Anyone should have known that. He was a guy you bring in when you have a scorer you need setting up. He's not a Crosby or a Malkin. Did you honestly think he was? If then, I've got some volcano insurance to sell you.

He's being misused with the players he's paired with. He needs a sniper next to him. End of story.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
The Rangers, for all their scoring woes, are on pace to score the exact same number of goals as Dallas did last season.

He's not simply shooting more, he's incapable of doing anything productive most shifts.

Old
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Hagelin is "twice as effective" because he does other things other than offense. If Richards isn't providing offense, he has no real purpose. Hence he needs an actual winger who can score. Not garbage goal guys like Callahan and Hagelin.
I should have specified, Hagelin is twice as effective offensively. The defensive game he brings is just gravy.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:10 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
He saw the Rangers roster when he signed the dotted line. It was Gaborik and a bunch of nobodies or youngsters. Gaborik is low maintenance...he can score with anybody. Richards has been given every winger on the team and no dice.

And I don't buy into the theory that the linemates make the playmaker. It's usually the other way around. We saw a 58-year-old Gretzky almost make Sundstrom a 30-goal scorer, Thornton make Cheechoo a 50-goal scorer and Mario made Rob Brown hit 100 points.

I agree with you 100 percent on line chemistry, but I think since he's in a leadership role and a senior guy on the team , he needs to do more to help the team win, and that includes setting up and creating plays.

Come on, Jon....10 Even Strength assists in almost 60 games is friggin pathetic for a guy with his resume.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:12 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Well you've got me sold.

I'm not making claims on the entire Richards signing, but thus far he's been horrible.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

It's going to be hilarious once Brad gets going to see the same people in here killing him to be all over the guy and praising him left and right. Dear Lord.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Well you've got me sold.

I'm not making claims on the entire Richards signing, but thus far he's been horrible.
Oh, ********. He's been mediocre. Dubinsky is someone who's been horrible this year. He's outscoring boy wonder Stepan. Only has 4 less assists playing with plugs instead of Gaborik.

So spare me.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:13 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Ask me after the playoffs are over.

I'm still holding my word that he is going to lead this team in points in the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:14 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Well you've got me sold.

You have to acknowledge the big goals he's scored and how he's drawn attention away from Gaborik's line.

Still, it is truly amazing that the Rangers are comfortably the best team in east with 23 games left and a career-worst season from a guy we thought would light it up.

Something tells me Kreider joins this team for the playoffs.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:14 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
He saw the Rangers roster when he signed the dotted line. It was Gaborik and a bunch of nobodies or youngsters. Gaborik is low maintenance...he can score with anybody. Richards has been given every winger on the team and no dice.

And I don't buy into the theory that the linemates make the playmaker. It's usually the other way around. We saw a 58-year-old Gretzky almost make Sundstrom a 30-goal scorer, Thornton make Cheechoo a 50-goal scorer and Mario made Rob Brown hit 100 points.

I agree with you 100 percent on line chemistry, but I think since he's in a leadership role and a senior guy on the team , he needs to do more to help the team win, and that includes setting up and creating plays.

Come on, Jon....10 Even Strength assists in almost 60 games is friggin pathetic for a guy with his resume.
It's pathetic for anyone calling them self a top 9 hockey player. A number of players have come to the Rangers recently with way ****tier lineups and have not had as much of a problem passing.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
It's pathetic for anyone calling them self a top 9 hockey player. A number of players have come to the Rangers recently with way ****tier lineups and have not had as much of a problem passing.
...yet he's still outproducing our 1st line center. And this is with a ton of games with 4th liners as his wingers. Give me a break, CH10.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:16 PM
UlfNilsson

He has regressed since joining the Rangers, getting more disappointing each day. The tape to tape passes are far and few between as of late. Everyone is rooting for him and would be thrilled if he performed up to par, but the plain truth is that he isn't. But us fans have another 100 years to hope he turns things around while his contract plods along...

Old
02-24-2012, 09:19 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
It's going to be hilarious once Brad gets going to see the same people in here killing him to be all over the guy and praising him left and right. Dear Lord.
I have without hesitation given Richards his due when he plays well. He had a 3 game run where I finally thought he was going to pick it up, and he went right back to being awful.

I haven't called him an awful hockey player, I have said he's been awful thus far. I saw him in Dallas plenty and he looked far better then this. I don't need to apologize or "eat crow" when he finally decides to get his head out of his ass. There are a slew of players I can fire off compliments on how they've been this season, I'm allowed to speak my mind when I feel Richards has been a no-show.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Affinity

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yesssssssssss.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:20 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

To be fair to Richards:

He's been very productive against most of the top teams in the east:

Philly -- 5GP 2-4-6
Pens -- 4GP 2-2-4
Sens -- 3GP 2-1-3
Bruins -- 2GP 0-1-1
Wash -- 3GP 1-2-3
Florida-- 4GP 2-2-4

21 GP 9G-12A-21P

Those games are why we are tops in the east

Just saying.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I have without hesitation given Richards his due when he plays well. He had a 3 game run where I finally thought he was going to pick it up, and he went right back to being awful.

I haven't called him an awful hockey player, I have said he's been awful thus far. I saw him in Dallas plenty and he looked far better then this. I don't need to apologize or "eat crow" when he finally decides to get his head out of his ass. There are a slew of players I can fire off compliments on how they've been this season, I'm allowed to speak my mind when I feel Richards has been a no-show.
Again, so why is he still outscoring Stepan after spending around half the season with 4th liners?

Old
02-24-2012, 09:22 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
...yet he's still outproducing our 1st line center. And this is with a ton of games with 4th liners as his wingers. Give me a break, CH10.
Stepan, although he's made some nice passes this season, has not set the world on fire either. Not by a long shot. But Stepan is also 22 years old and on an ELC, and has plenty of room to grow and develop as a player.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:23 PM
NYR1967

It's way too early to make any judgements about Richard's worth to the Rangers. Not to mention the fact that he was on a line with Gaborik, the teams only finisher, for about a minute. IMHO, Torts should have given those two a little more time to find some chemistry.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Stepan, although he's made some nice passes this season, has not set the world on fire either. Not by a long shot. But Stepan is also 22 years old and on an ELC, and has plenty of room to grow and develop as a player.
Yet Stepan plays with the best forward on the team. And can't even put up the points that Richards has put up with half his season spent with plugs. Perhaps, then, Richards needs to play with better players. I think it's painfully, painfully obvious that he needs a scorer. Anyone with a clue can tell that. He should have been playing with Gaborik a long time ago, but he's taken a lot of focus off that top line where he is.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

Quote:
Yet Stepan plays with the best forward on the team. And can't even put up the points that Richards has put up with half his season spent with plugs. Perhaps, then, Richards needs to play with better players. I think it's painfully, painfully obvious that he needs a scorer. Anyone with a clue can tell that. He should have been playing with Gaborik a long time ago, but he's taken a lot of focus off that top line where he is.
Callahan's a plug?

Closed Thread