HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's next in the ''I'm leaving the sinking ship club''?

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 12:29 PM
predz

vCash: 500
Who's next in the ''I'm leaving the sinking ship club''?

Leclair? Gonchar? Recchi? Thibeau? Let's make big retirement party for everyone!!!!

Old
01-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Jaded-Fan

LeClair certainly lobbied hard to go recently. T-Bo is done for the year so is going no where. Recchi lobbied to stay. Gonchar is untradable. That about sums it up.

Old
01-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Unholy Diver

Mike Therrien

I hope he was just made an interim coach

Old
01-24-2006, 12:45 PM
SlapnutsV1

If Therrien were relieved of his duties, who takes over? I don't know who would want to take over this team with the disarray it's in.

Old
01-24-2006, 12:53 PM
DJmastamind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Clayton Forrester
Mike Therrien

I hope he was just made an interim coach

I'm sorry, but Therrien was and is the best man for the job. He pushes these guys to play the best they can, the youngsters respond, the vets don't. If they don't wanna play 110% every night then good ridence. Country Club Lemieux is over folks. Therrien is the man of the future.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:
Originally Posted by predz
Leclair? Gonchar? Recchi? Thibeau? Let's make big retirement party for everyone!!!!
You're hilarious. Have a cookie.

This season blows.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJmastamind
I'm sorry, but Therrien was and is the best man for the job. He pushes these guys to play the best they can, the youngsters respond, the vets don't. If they don't wanna play 110% every night then good ridence. Country Club Lemieux is over folks. Therrien is the man of the future.
Agree 100%. The results have not been there the last 10 games, but they were more in each of those games than they had been at any time during Edzo's reign of terror. I love how this team is playing now despite their obvious short comings. The effort is there so I can not complain too loudly about the recent slump. And the experience these kids are getting will be invaluable come next year and beyond. Therrien is everything I had hoped that he would be and more.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:11 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Yeah, it's Therrien's fault this team is a joke.

We all know the way Olcyzk left the players. Therrien is trying to steer a team that was anything but a team before he came here. It'll take time.

We've already gone through one coach this season, dumping Therrien would be a huge mistake.

LeClair is the next to go. Via trade. Someone out there must have a 7th rounder they don't want.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Chiasmus 81

Send a message via AIM to Chiasmus 81
Hopefully LeClair and Rechhi are out the door.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Pens1566

I have to think it's LeClair. The way he has been playing lately, cycling, digging in the corners, could be useful to some team in the playoffs. 6th rounder coming back.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:52 PM
SlapnutsV1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjardus Greidanus
LeClair is the next to go. Via trade. Someone out there must have a 7th rounder they don't want.
I think (and hope) we could do a little better than that. Not too much better, but still.... I'd settle for a fifth rounder. Or settle for a true enforcer-type forward. With Cairns and a second big guy in the line up, Sid might not get molested quite as much.

Old
01-24-2006, 01:58 PM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_of_66
If Therrien were relieved of his duties, who takes over? I don't know who would want to take over this team with the disarray it's in.
#66...he's tried the player/owner route...he's eyeing up the coach/creditor title now.

Old
01-24-2006, 02:01 PM
SlapnutsV1

I can't see Mario behind the bench. It just doesn't seem right.

Old
01-24-2006, 02:01 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_of_66
I think (and hope) we could do a little better than that. Not too much better, but still.... I'd settle for a fifth rounder. Or settle for a true enforcer-type forward. With Cairns and a second big guy in the line up, Sid might not get molested quite as much.
I think that with Orpik back, and Cairns in the line up, teams already have backed down big time. Ever since we got Cairns Crosby really has not faced the total crap that he did game in and game out, culminating in the disgrace that was the Vancouver game. Right after that we got Cairns and it really has diminished markedly. Granted, the Flyers and Rags are pretty soft teams as well overall (Hatcher's goon play not withstanding) but still, teams have backed down. We do not need another 'protector' for the kid.

Last edited by Jaded-Fan: 01-24-2006 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
01-24-2006, 02:22 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
I think that with Orpik back, and Cairns in the line up, teams already have backed down big time. Ever since we got Cairns Crosby really has not faced the total crap that he did game in and game out, culminating in the disgrace that was the Vancouver game. Right after that we got Cairns and it really has diminished markedly. Granted, the Flyers and Rags are pretty soft teams as well overall (Hatcher's goon play not withstanding) but still, teams have backed down. We do not need another 'protetor' for the kid.
I agree. And Phil Bourque touched on this. He mentioned that Cairns presence alone might be a deterence. As regards to Brashear the last two games, Bourque called him a "bluffer". Said that twice he had an opportunity "to go" and chose not to.

As regards to MT, he signed a 3 year deal. He isn't going anywhere for now.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

I won't be completely sold on Michel Therrien until he decides to give up on his man-crush for Shane Endicott. Sadly, he seems to be forming another one for Konstantin Koltsov.

Old
01-24-2006, 05:40 PM
The Old Master

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
I won't be completely sold on Michel Therrien until he decides to give up on his man-crush for Shane Endicott. Sadly, he seems to be forming another one for Konstantin Koltsov.
no coach could win with this team! edzo got a bum rap and now coach t is starting to get one. all players have some weakness [well almost all] its the coachs job to put those players in a roll where they can use their talents, and keep their short comings hid. hence the term "roll players" the pens seem to be overloaded in roll players. the best way to do that is to try them at difrent spots. coach t has an edge because he has coached them before [but what works in the ahl doesent always work in the nhl] we [the pens] are not going any where this yr. so its a good time to try things with players that will be on the bubble for next yr.
orpik and cairns have helped a lot but with the loss of ziggy things still are not going our way. i hope to see a lot more of our younger players called up just to see how they do...but i don't look for it to happen till we move some of the older players..

Old
01-25-2006, 02:19 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

I agree with everything you just said, but that has nothing to do with the fact Koltsov is STILL being tried as a scoring winger and Endicott is still seeing time as the third-line center. Both of which are just waste of time.

Bring in the reinforcements from W-B/S!

Old
01-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Cow_Master66

LeClair will be the ideal coach once all the dead weight is removed!

Closed Thread