HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumors VII: This Could Get Nash-ty (*************** is NOT a legitimate source)

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 10:15 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Impossible to tell from what you gave there. Good to hear though.
He spelled it Nick Rash.

02-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
The days are seriously dragging by here.

Old
valence

Richards for Nash...cmon get it done...we'll pay half of his salary.

Old
smoneil

Gotta love the logic of the board.

Last time, the team loses in a shutout, scoring no PP goals. The response? "WE NEED GOALS AND PP SCORER! MUST HAVE NASH!"

Tonight, the team loses in a shootout with their backup goalie in the net. In said game, they score 3 goals, including two PP goals. The response? "WE SCORE GOALS? WE HAVE PP SCORERS? WE MUST HAVE NASH."

Y'all are STILL in love with the big name, and you just keep rotating your justifications to pretend that the team NEEDS Nash. Remember your Rangers history. This team is on the verge of bringing back the early 90s. I don't want to see them say "Naw. F that. Let's go right to the early aughts!"

Old
02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post

Last time, the team loses in a shutout, scoring no PP goals. The response? "WE NEED GOALS AND PP SCORER! MUST HAVE NASH!"

Tonight, the team loses in a shootout with their backup goalie in the net. In said game, they score 3 goals, including two PP goals. The response? "WE SCORE GOALS? WE HAVE PP SCORERS? WE MUST HAVE NASH."

Y'all are STILL in love with the big name, and you just keep rotating your justifications to pretend that the team NEEDS Nash. Remember your Rangers history. This team is on the verge of bringing back the early 90s. I don't want to see them say "Naw. F that. Let's go right to the early aughts!"
This is a bad hockey team man.

We need Rick "Superstar" Nash to come here and save the day and carry this team to a Stanley Cup.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He spelled it Nick Rash.
my bad. It's 3:18am where I am so cut me some slack. my comment still applies to a whole lot of you, except it's less clever on my end since you all have different usernames

Old
02-24-2012, 10:19 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Jackets game ended a little while ago, I give it like an hour before rumors start picking up.
maybe less

Old
02-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I get, and somewhat agree, with what you're getting at with this. But it does beg the question: how much of the team that actually won the Cup was homegrown?

Think of trading a seemingly stalled Dubinsky in the deal for Nash the same way you might think of trading a seemingly stalled Turcotte in the deal for Larmer

Honestly, if the Rangers don't get Nash, I'm fine. If they get him for Dubinsky, McIlrath, Thomas, 1st, I'm fine. If they get him for more than that, I'm pissed.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:23 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:

Throughout the last 5 games, we've scored 11 goals. 3 have been from D-men (2 by Staal, 1 by McD) and the other 8 have been from the top two lines. So if you don't think we need scoring depth, then I don't know what to tell you man. I know its a small sample size, but just look at the 3rd line: 14 goals between Dubi/Prust/Boyle. Atrocious.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:24 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico
totally off topic ... but glad to see another bjj'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRangers
Make that 2. Also at a Renzo Gracie school
i figured there were a few of us lurking among the HF population

Old
02-24-2012, 10:26 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:

This team does need another Nash'esk player. That spreads out the offense, takes more focus off Gaborik, and forces other teams coaches to choose who to match their best defensive players against, either Nash or Gaborik. It also adds more offensive scoring depth which is needed in the playoffs.

This team isn't going to lose all of their young players in this deal. Sather has made it clear through the media that the highest he will go is Dubinsky, McI (Or possibly Erixon), Thomas, and a 1st.

This team would still have Callahan, Stepan, McD, Staal, MDZ, Erixon (Or McI), Miller, Anisimov, Hagelin, Sauer, Girardi, and Kreider.

You are over reacting and projecting this doomsday scenario where Sather will trade a large portion of the above named players. The team has the depth to make this type of move. They need to add a player like Nash, Ryan, Parise, etc. Ryan isn't getting dealt and there isn't a guarantee that Parise signs here in the offseason (And if he did, Dubinsky is getting dealt in the summer instead of now). Nash is interested in coming to New York and if the price is right, you pull the trigger.

Can't win cups with a large pool of prospects that have never seen the light of an NHL arena during a regular season game. You win with strong goaltending (Got it), strong backend and team defense (Got it), strength down the middle (Got it), and scoring depth throughout the line up (Don't got it). Nash puts this team over the top.

Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Anyone see the Jackets highlights?

If you did on the 2nd Avalanche goal you'll notice Rick Nash, yes RICK NASH, in front of Steve Mason sprawling out in an effort to block a shot. Yea he plays no defense.

BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Quote:
Aaron Portzline ‏ @Aportzline

Those wondering why #CBJ Rick Nash left bench in third period ... he was "sick" and needed to leave the bench area. #yop
Watching your team get spanked five-zip can have a nauseating effect, I would imagine.
Okay, I consider myself fairly social media savvy, but what on earth does the hashtag #yop mean?

Old
02-24-2012, 10:27 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
That's 1-3...

OT losses mean nothing in the playoffs, which is what I'm concerned with at this point. A loss is a loss.
How many playoff games will Biron be playing? He's got two of those losses. In the last 10 games, the Rangers have been shut out twice, scored 2 goals once, scored 3 goals four times, 4 goals once and 5 goals twice. It's obviously always nice to get some extra scoring, but let's not pretend that this is one of those old Rangers' "give up two goals and the game is over" teams. It is possible to add scoring without giving up more than our 1st rounder and a middling prospect.

Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Throughout the last 5 games, we've scored 11 goals. 3 have been from D-men (2 by Staal, 1 by McD) and the other 8 have been from the top two lines. So if you don't think we need scoring depth, then I don't know what to tell you man. I know its a small sample size, but just look at the 3rd line: 14 goals between Dubi/Prust/Boyle. Atrocious.
No one is claiming this team doesn't need scoring.

What we don't need is to mortgage the future cap space and bring in an overpaid player getting paid 7.8 mill. for the next 6 years.

Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post

If you did on the 2nd Avalanche goal you'll notice Rick Nash, yes RICK NASH, in front of Steve Mason sprawling out in an effort to block a shot. Yea he plays no defense.
ha I saw that ... that was awesome

Old
02-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

Quote:

Point?

Old
02-24-2012, 10:29 PM
Hankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Okay, I consider myself fairly social media savvy, but what on earth does the hashtag #yop mean?
Pretty sure that's the sound one makes when puking.

Old
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
No one is claiming this team doesn't need scoring.

What we don't need is to mortgage the future cap space and bring in an overpaid player getting paid 7.8 mill. for the next 6 years.
What other options are there? Signing Parise presents a similar situation (and there is no guarantee he comes here), and there is no guarantee that Kreider becomes even close to what Rick Nash is.

Old
Ail
Girardi Sucks

Quote:

Did you see those PP goals?

The first one was a decent shot by Staal, but really that's on Nabokov.

The second? LOL! Yeah that's the Rangers scoring prowess right there! Banking it in off Nabby's save and Hamonic's thigh.

Gabby's goal was the only thing even reminiscent of a scoring threat. As per the usual this year.

A better argument would be, that when this teams defense and goaltending is on, they don't need to score more than 1-2 goals, because they will completely dominate the other teams scoring threats.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:31 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

He's clearly a floater.

He plays no defense. It's not like he backchecked hard and took the pick from Callahan the other day.

Point is people make comments without even watching the player.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
He's clearly a floater.

He plays no defense. It's not like he backchecked hard and took the pick from Callahan the other day.

Point is people make comments without even watching the player.
Im not calling him any of that, but are you seriously basing a guy's skills off one game, specifically one play?

Old
02-24-2012, 10:33 PM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I get, and somewhat agree, with what you're getting at with this. But it does beg the question: how much of the team that actually won the Cup was homegrown?

Think of trading a seemingly stalled Dubinsky in the deal for Nash the same way you might think of trading a seemingly stalled Turcotte in the deal for Larmer

Honestly, if the Rangers don't get Nash, I'm fine. If they get him for Dubinsky, McIlrath, Thomas, 1st, I'm fine. If they get him for more than that, I'm pissed.
Exactly

Old
UAGoalieGuy

Holy crap people where are pulling this "mortgage the future" from? Sather has stated through Brooks he's not dealing McD, MDZ, Stepan, Kreider, or Miller.

Dubinsky, Thomas, McI, and a 1st is hardly mortgaging the future.

Old
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Im not calling him any of that, but are you seriously basing a guy's skills off one game, specifically one play?
No but I imagine NY RKY feels the need to emphasis these things because the anti-Nash group doesn't want to drop it no matter how many times it's addressed.

Closed Thread