HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Isles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2012, 10:31 PM
  #51
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah let's trade Arty who has been infinitely better and has been making great plays ALL year. Even when he wasn't scoring.

it's a personal stand point...i just like dubi more than anisimov...im not quite sure how to completely explain my thought process to where it makes sense, best way i can say it is dubi can play many different roles, and anisimov looks best in a top 6 role, where does he go if we acquire a top 6 player? i just think that anisimov may be a better trading chip than dubi right now, and i feel dubi fits the rangers style better than anisimov. But mostly my comments are personally based on a personal stand point i like dubi more than anisimov

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
  #52
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Yeah let's trade Arty who has been infinitely better and has been making great plays ALL year. Even when he wasn't scoring.

Lets not get carried away...

Arty had a terrible stretch where he didn't register a point for what 17 games or something? Relegated to the fourth line. Being invisible. Dubi averages more time on ice a game, so I think torts disagrees with you there.

Lets keep both, keep the young first place team together.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
  #53
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
One of the reporters claimed that the beginning of the game didn't look as bad as it actually was...and Torts rolled his eyes and said "THATS why we're a sloppy hockey team right now...i'd like those players names...actually..."
Oh jeeeeze. Torts must be pissed. Did the reporters name players?

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:32 PM
  #54
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 15,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
On a positive note, Gaborik, Stepan, and Anisimov was excellent tonight, and Staal is getting better and better. Best game yet from him.
Nice to see him bouncing back after being out so long.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  #55
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Lets not get carried away...

Arty had a terrible stretch where he didn't register a point for what 17 games or something? Relegated to the fourth line. Being invisible.

Lets keep both, keep the young first place team together.
Bingo. Keep this team together, why **** with a formula that is clearly working. For once, we have a good thing going, let's not do anything drastic. This team, as it's constructed now, should be competitive for several seasons. Don't mortgage too much just for this season.

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:34 PM
  #56
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Oh jeeeeze. Torts must be pissed. Did the reporters name players?
not really...mdz was named for saying he did not know the rule when he took the penalty and torts was really PO'd after that

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
  #57
WPGNYRFan
Registered User
 
WPGNYRFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,275
vCash: 50
Biron was so upset about losing this game that he went out and stood in front of a train. However the train went right through his legs...

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
  #58
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 18,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
it's a personal stand point...i just like dubi more than anisimov...im not quite sure how to completely explain my thought process to where it makes sense, best way i can say it is dubi can play many different roles, and anisimov looks best in a top 6 role, where does he go if we acquire a top 6 player? i just think that anisimov may be a better trading chip than dubi right now, and i feel dubi fits the rangers style better than anisimov. But mostly my comments are personally based on a personal stand point i like dubi more than anisimov
Arty would stay in the top 6, right where he is, on the line he has good chemistry with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Lets not get carried away...

Arty had a terrible stretch where he didn't register a point for what 17 games or something? Relegated to the fourth line. Being invisible.

Lets keep both, keep the young first place team together.
I have nothing against them keeping Dubi and Arty, but if I am choosing, Arty is the better player (on this winning team), better contract (most likely will remain that way), and has chemistry with two of the teams best and most creative players, all while playing a defensive, two-way role.

__________________

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
  #59
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
not really...mdz was named for saying he did not know the rule when he took the penalty and torts was really PO'd after that
I wasn't in the GDT, so I don't know what all you guys thought, but honestly I was shocked that was called. I've seen a million times where a player taps a stick back to his teammate...usually it's in front of their own net when the puck just got cleared down the ice or something, but seriously...can't believe the refs made that call.

Maybe I'm dead wrong though, that was just my reaction.

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
  #60
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
not really...mdz was named for saying he did not know the rule when he took the penalty and torts was really PO'd after that
Missed the first half of the game, what did mdz do?

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:36 PM
  #61
Robs789
Registered User
 
Robs789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
Im so tired of Biron and his terrible goaltending.

ANOTHER game we would have had the easy W if Lundqvist was in net. STOP PLAYING BIRON WE NEED THESE POINTS.
We cant rely on Lundqvist for every game.

Robs789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:36 PM
  #62
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
it's a personal stand point...i just like dubi more than anisimov...im not quite sure how to completely explain my thought process to where it makes sense, best way i can say it is dubi can play many different roles, and anisimov looks best in a top 6 role, where does he go if we acquire a top 6 player? i just think that anisimov may be a better trading chip than dubi right now, and i feel dubi fits the rangers style better than anisimov. But mostly my comments are personally based on a personal stand point i like dubi more than anisimov
Really? He has cemented himself in the top 6 now but just last year and the start of this season he was rotated endlessly through the lines. He actually played very well (better than Dubinsky) with Prust and Boyle last year.

The problem with Dubinsky is he plays to his role, give him top 6 minutes and he tries too hard to be a dynamo. Put him on the 3rd line and he plays defensively and doesn't do much more. He hasn't given Torts any reason to give him a larger role because he thinks the problem will "fix" itself.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:36 PM
  #63
mrhockey193195
Registered User
 
mrhockey193195's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Biron was so upset about losing this game that he went out and stood in front of a train. However the train went right through his legs...
Quote from "The Big Whistle" Bill Chadwick (RIP), correct?

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:38 PM
  #64
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,464
vCash: 500
I dont understand Torts' goalie rotation.

He says it's predicated on resting hank for the playoffs, right?

Hank had four full days off between the Boston win and the Jackets win. He had a day off in between the Jackets and Pens game, which was a travel game.

If he played tonight, it would have been his 3rd game in 5 days, but after tonight he would have had two days off until the devils game with zero travel since Tuesday night.

If Henrik played tonight and Monday -- that's only 4 games in 9 days with one travel day.

WTF?

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:39 PM
  #65
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
k.
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 16,202
vCash: 50
we need to start playing better. other teams are starting to come out hard against us and were getting knocked back on our heels. we need to

play the way we have all season and play like a ****ing first place team.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:40 PM
  #66
NYR1967
Registered User
 
NYR1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Biron was so upset about losing this game that he went out and stood in front of a train. However the train went right through his legs...
That gave me a chuckle.

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
  #67
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I have nothing against them keeping Dubi and Arty, but if I am choosing, Arty is the better player (on this winning team), better contract (most likely will remain that way), and has chemistry with two of the teams best and most creative players, all while playing a defensive, two-way role.
That's a lot more reasonable and measured. I personally disagree, but I can concede it's very much open for debate.

Anisimov shows flashes and then fades. Dubi's game is more grind. Both have good defensive positioning. I think the ATOI numbers are telling though, dubi averages about 2 more minutes a game. Which tells me that Torts makes sure he gets Dubi out there, considering anisimov has often been a part of that "top line".

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:41 PM
  #68
NYR1967
Registered User
 
NYR1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I dont understand Torts' goalie rotation.

He says it's predicated on resting hank for the playoffs, right?

Hank had four full days off between the Boston win and the Jackets win. He had a day off in between the Jackets and Pens game, which was a travel game.

If he played tonight, it would have been his 3rd game in 5 days, but after tonight he would have had two days off until the devils game with zero travel since Tuesday night.

If Henrik played tonight and Monday -- that's only 4 games in 9 days with one travel day.

WTF?
My guess (and it's just a guess) is that he wants Henrik in goal when the Rangers legs are tired - the second game of back to backs.

NYR1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:43 PM
  #69
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I dont understand Torts' goalie rotation.

He says it's predicated on resting hank for the playoffs, right?

Hank had four full days off between the Boston win and the Jackets win. He had a day off in between the Jackets and Pens game, which was a travel game.

If he played tonight, it would have been his 3rd game in 5 days, but after tonight he would have had two days off until the devils game with zero travel since Tuesday night.

If Henrik played tonight and Monday -- that's only 4 games in 9 days with one travel day.

WTF?
Isles ****ing suck. They don't score goals. Why the **** shouldn't our backup play them???!!!!!

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:43 PM
  #70
frankthefrowner
Registered User
 
frankthefrowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 500
Yea torts is gonna kill someone... Those comments might be the best thing that could have happend. He's gonna kill someone

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:44 PM
  #71
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,387
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Missed the first half of the game, what did mdz do?
tapped a stick on the ice to his teammate and got a penalty for throwing a stick and nyi scored on it

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:45 PM
  #72
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
My guess (and it's just a guess) is that he wants Henrik in goal when the Rangers legs are tired - the second game of back to backs.
That's actually a good point. That may definately be the case.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:47 PM
  #73
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,965
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Isles ****ing suck. They don't score goals. Why the **** shouldn't our backup play them???!!!!!
Seriously?

Yeah, the Islanders are a mediocre hockey team, but they ALWAYS show up to play the Rangers. You can't judge them on the surface like that. They scored 3 tonight. Tavares, Moulson, and Parenteau are dynamite against this team. They're a team of skilled players, even with their bad stature overall. This team doesn't have the offense to play a run and gun game with this team.

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:50 PM
  #74
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPGNYRFan View Post
Biron was so upset about losing this game that he went out and stood in front of a train. However the train went right through his legs...
LOL. Priceless.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
  #75
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart
 
Kel Varnsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Seriously?

Yeah, the Islanders are a mediocre hockey team, but they ALWAYS show up to play the Rangers. You can't judge them on the surface like that. They scored 3 tonight. Tavares, Moulson, and Parenteau are dynamite against this team. They're a team of skilled players, even with their bad stature overall. This team doesn't have the offense to play a run and gun game with this team.
The Icelanders are 27th in scoring. They're 25th in points. If you don't think the backup is capable of handling them, then you're going to have your starter playing 98% of the games.

There's no such thing as a given in the NHL. You can't coach scared though.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.