HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 50
Would anyone else consider trading Elliott?

Old
02-24-2012, 06:04 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Would anyone else consider trading Elliott?
I'd consider it, but only for overpayment. The other team would have to pay a price thinking Elliott is their future. If we get the equivalent offer of what we paid for Halak, I'd pass, and I doubt we get that kind of offer.

Old
02-24-2012, 06:29 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Only trade one of the goalies for an offer that can't be refused.

Edmonton just signed Hemsky for 2yrs, 5M. Would this guy, who makes more than every Blue, make the Blues? When we last saw him he looked like the softest player we've faced this year. Avoiding contact, ineffective, turning the puck over. I mean it, he looked like half the player Stewart was in his low phase.

Old
02-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I can't think of Hemsky without laughing after he cowered away from hits from Backes and Polak

Old
02-24-2012, 07:26 PM
BlueBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Only trade one of the goalies for an offer that can't be refused.

Edmonton just signed Hemsky for 2yrs, 5M. Would this guy, who makes more than every Blue, make the Blues? When we last saw him he looked like the softest player we've faced this year. Avoiding contact, ineffective, turning the puck over. I mean it, he looked like half the player Stewart was in his low phase.
Nah you're just imagining that...At least that was what I was told by Oiler fans in one thread. That dude, and I use the term dude lightly, is a complete marshmallow.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Ian Cole for P.A. Parenteau.

How would we feel about that?

Old
02-24-2012, 09:17 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:

I'm a fan of PAP, but I'd only do it if management believes these 2 things:

1) We would be willing to resign Parenteau, if he proves to be a good fit.

2) Management believes Fairchild can develop into a top 4 dman.

If management truly believes those 2 things, then I would love us to go after Parenteau. I always thought we should go after him, but other fans weren't as open to it. He could fit into the 2nd line RW spot.

Top 9 of:

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Parenteau
Steen-Arnott-Stewart

If everyone is playing up to their capability, the wings are pretty much interchangeable. McDonald and PAP could easily play on the top line, Steen as well, and Stewart if he is back to normal. Just depends on styles and chemistry.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:24 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Lets say Brown is actually available, what you honestly give up for him? Is he really the player we need or even should go after. He has a great style and a great contract, but is his offense worth trading for?

Old
02-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I'm a fan of PAP, but I'd only do it if management believes these 2 things:

1) We would be willing to resign Parenteau, if he proves to be a good fit.

2) Management believes Fairchild can develop into a top 4 dman.

If management truly believes those 2 things, then I would love us to go after Parenteau. I always thought we should go after him, but other fans weren't as open to it. He could fit into the 2nd line RW spot.

Top 9 of:

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Parenteau
Steen-Arnott-Stewart

If everyone is playing up to their capability, the wings are pretty much interchangeable. McDonald and PAP could easily play on the top line, Steen as well, and Stewart if he is back to normal. Just depends on styles and chemistry.
I'm a fan of that deal and that top 9.

Old
02-24-2012, 09:49 PM
simon in canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
I'm a fan of that deal and that top 9.
I must respectfully say I don't like that deal at all. Our D is lacking physicality as it is, and you are suggesting we trade a big, strong 23 yr old D, who has proven he belongs in the NHL, for a rental forward? I think that's way to much for Parenteau. I like PAP too, don't get me wrong, but not for Cole. How about Colavaccio and a conditional pick, ( dependant on PAP signing with us ), for Parenteau? A rental for a rental, that could benefit both teams in the playoffs. Or, perhaps Fairchild for Parenteau? Fairchild looks like another smallish offensive D, and being that we have Shattenkirk and Russell already, he is more expendable than a physical, defensive prospect like Cole. Just my thoughts on the subject. I love the discussion!

Old
02-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Alklha

Quote:

That is a steep price to pay, and I wouldn't really be willing to. Cole currently is our only real depth on the right hand side, as unthinkable as it may be if Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk or Polak get injured he would be the replacement. Add to that I'm sure he'll be a full time player next season, I'd rather hold onto him.

Long term, is it realistic to expect to resign Parenteau? How versatile is he? We have to remember that we have Oshie, Stewart, D'Agostini, Reaves and Tarasenko in all likelihood for next season.

I wouldn't mind picking him up, but I wouldn't include Cole in a deal considering he would likely be a rental.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:04 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon in canada View Post
I must respectfully say I don't like that deal at all. Our D is lacking physicality as it is, and you are suggesting we trade a big, strong 23 yr old D, who has proven he belongs in the NHL, for a rental forward? I think that's way to much for Parenteau. I like PAP too, don't get me wrong, but not for Cole. How about Colavaccio and a conditional pick, ( dependant on PAP signing with us ), for Parenteau? A rental for a rental, that could benefit both teams in the playoffs. Or, perhaps Fairchild for Parenteau? Fairchild looks like another smallish offensive D, and being that we have Shattenkirk and Russell already, he is more expendable than a physical, defensive prospect like Cole. Just my thoughts on the subject. I love the discussion!
The Islanders ain't touching the playoffs, so they would have 0 interest in Colaiacovo. It would have to be Cole for PAP and a condidtional pick or Fairchild and a mid pick for PAP.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:18 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

The Parenteau idea is 100% a product of just wanting to talk trades for trades sake at the deadline. There could literally not be less need in this organization long term than trading away a LD still on his ELC and not going up $$-wise any time soon for a 2d line RW we hope to lock in. If there's a winger upgrade, it's first line gamebreaking variety – Ryan, Parise, Iginla (different rationalizations). NOT a 2d liner. They'd have to lock him up for the trade not to be foolish, and if they lock him up, what are they doing with the incoming prospects?

Old
02-24-2012, 10:42 PM
simon in canada

Quote:
The Islanders ain't touching the playoffs, so they would have 0 interest in Colaiacovo. It would have to be Cole for PAP and a condidtional pick or Fairchild and a mid pick for PAP.
My bad. for some reason I was thinking Parenteau was on Boston. Any way, if it was me, I might consider the Fairchild scenario, but not the Cole one.

Old
02-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

I think Fairchild could be a top 4 defender which I guess is why I'm not as hesitant on trading Cole.

Of course offering up Fairchild+pick might work too. I am assuming you can re-sign Parenteau. Any deal for a pending UFA is only under the circumstances we can re-sign him. I kind of thought that went without saying for this team lol

Old
02-24-2012, 10:53 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Any interest in Roy in the off-season? Long term replacement for Andy McDonald?

Old
02-24-2012, 10:57 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Any interest in Roy in the off-season? Long term replacement for Andy McDonald?
Schwartz is his long term replacement. If we go after Roy, it is because we don't believe Berglund can be a top 6 center. I'd love for us to get him, but not sure we will.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:05 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I think Fairchild could be a top 4 defender which I guess is why I'm not as hesitant on trading Cole.

Of course offering up Fairchild+pick might work too. I am assuming you can re-sign Parenteau. Any deal for a pending UFA is only under the circumstances we can re-sign him. I kind of thought that went without saying for this team lol
The Blues already have the following wingers under contract for next year:
McDonald, Perron, Steen, Oshie, Stewart, D'Agostini, Crombeen, Reaves

You might also add Sobotka to that list, depending on what happens at center, and Tarasenko as well.

Throw in the fact that PAP is going to want a pretty serious contractual committment this offseason in terms of dollars and years, and there's basically zero chance the Blues would re-sign him.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:16 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
The Blues already have the following wingers under contract for next year:
McDonald, Perron, Steen, Oshie, Stewart, D'Agostini, Crombeen, Reaves

You might also add Sobotka to that list, depending on what happens at center, and Tarasenko as well.

Throw in the fact that PAP is going to want a pretty serious contractual committment this offseason in terms of dollars and years, and there's basically zero chance the Blues would re-sign him.
That's a good point. Hadn't thought long enough about it.

That said I don't see all those wingers being there next year. I think D'Agostini is moved if Tarasenko comes over.

Lines look something like

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Tarasenko
Steen-Arnott*-Stewart
Sobotka-???-Reaves/Crombeen

Tough to see D'Ags in that top 9. Unless they move Stewart instead.

Old
02-24-2012, 11:47 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I think PAP is a great asset for someone to acquire with an eye toward re-signing him long-term.....but just not the Blues at this time.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Lets say Brown is actually available, what you honestly give up for him? Is he really the player we need or even should go after. He has a great style and a great contract, but is his offense worth trading for?
Something based around Stewart and Brown might be worth considering. Dunno

Old
02-25-2012, 01:33 AM
Steve Doan
Re-sign Elliott

what would it take to get avery off waivers?

Old
02-25-2012, 01:36 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyjumpinblues View Post
what would it take to get avery off waivers?
being dropped on the head...

Old
02-25-2012, 02:15 AM
simon in canada

Quote:
being dropped on the head...

Old
02-25-2012, 11:50 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

So the rumor is that NYR is offering one of McDonagh/MDZ/Erixon and a 1st to Columbus for Nash but they want more. That pretty much hews to kimzey's model for star players if they get another prospect.

I hope that Nash deal doesn't happen, Stewart rebounds, and the Blues trade him in the offseason for one of the Rangers' spare excellent LD. Would love McDonagh. No matter whether Stewart scores a ton of goals or not, I do not believe in him as a core piece and in no way want to depend on him. Stewart rebound, no Nash-NYR trade, sign Tarasenko, trade with NYR. My hope.

Closed Thread