HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Lines: Loktionov Reassigned/Carter En Route

Old
02-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Stoll is playoff ready. Stoll is fine as a third line center. Great on face-offs and isn't a liability. I still don't get the hate for the guy given that he is used properly.
Stoll is terrible. Can't wait the day when his contract expires.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Only in Los Angeles do the fans lament a guy getting assigned to the AHL who has only scored 1 goal in 39 games that wasn't bounced in off his ass.
When you have a kid that is obviously as talented as Loktionov, you need to invest time in him at the NHL level. Kid hasn't finished but has made great plays on both ends of the ice and was clearly improving. I'd rather have Lokti on the ice than Stolol.

I hope he gets back in once Stoll is traded. I also agree the 3rd line doesn't have to be the total grinding line. It can be filled with finnesse+grit. Lokti+Clifford, etc.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Carter better play on Saturday, is all I got to say...I had an out-of-town guest come to both 0-1 games (zero goals in six periods for my guest, yeah), and I got a call in for my season-ticket rep to upgrade...but he will be hearing about those two shutout games, make no mistake about it.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:22 PM
livingminimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
When you have a kid that is obviously as talented as Loktionov, you need to invest time in him at the NHL level.
When you have a team in as dire an obviously dire situation, you need to invest your roster moves in getting over the #9-10 hump and into a solid playoff spot.

Do you really think with six weeks to go and JJ just traded for Carter, it's time to you know, hand-hold Loki through a scoring drought? I guarantee even he understands.

livingminimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
livingminimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Carter better play on Saturday, is all I got to say...I had an out-of-town guest come to both 0-1 games (zero goals in six periods for my guest, yeah), and I got a call in for my season-ticket rep to upgrade...but he will be hearing about those two shutout games, make no mistake about it.

Boy, and I am sure he will get his skates sharpened immediately and out there to help!

livingminimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
When you have a kid that is obviously as talented as Loktionov, you need to invest time in him at the NHL level. Kid hasn't finished but has made great plays on both ends of the ice and was clearly improving. I'd rather have Lokti on the ice than Stolol.

I hope he gets back in once Stoll is traded. I also agree the 3rd line doesn't have to be the total grinding line. It can be filled with finnesse+grit. Lokti+Clifford, etc.
That's great and all but when was the last time he finished a play? The guy has a point...1 goal in 39 plays. All I saw all year was Loki scramble, scramble, and do more scrambling...I won't fault his work ethic, it is there no doubt about it, but he needs to finish.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:37 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
That's great and all but when was the last time he finished a play? The guy has a point...1 goal in 39 plays. All I saw all year was Loki scramble, scramble, and do more scrambling...I won't fault his work ethic, it is there no doubt about it, but he needs to finish.
Thank you! Someone gets it! I don't get the man love for Lokti. Sure, the kid has talent, but so far hasn't done enough up here IMO. Going into the playoffs, I'd rather have Stoll with his playoff experience do nothing than Lokti! He needs to get his confidence back up and learn how to score goals again.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 03:43 PM
jonrazor12
Palffy for President

Loktionov will be fine. He is not ready for a playoff drive. Stoll is better suited for that roll right now. Send him down and hopefully he can dominate the ahl and gain even more confidence.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Oh Snap
Very Wet Island

Send a message via AIM to Oh Snap Send a message via Yahoo to Oh Snap
Simon Gagne - Anze Kopitar - Justin Williams
Dustin Brown - Mike Richards - Jeff Carter
Dustin Penner - Jarret Stoll - Dwight King
Kyle Clifford - Colin Fraser - Trevor Lewis

(ex: Jordan Nolan, Kevin Westgarth, Brad Richardson)

Drew Doughty - Rob Scuderi
Slava Voynov - Willie Mitchell
Alec Martinez - Matt Greene

(ex: Davis Drewiske)

Jonathan Quick
Jonathan Bernier

I dunno about you but I really like the look of that. 3 goals a game? I THINK SO!

Last edited by Oh Snap: 02-25-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Oh Snap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:54 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

With Stoll back at center and now Carter on the team, the Kings can really kill it in the faceoff circle if they want to. Kopitar is much improved in the dot this season, Carter was a 55% last season and we all know how Stoll can do, despite not quite doing it lately.

Now if only they could do something with the puck

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:12 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Stoll is playoff ready. Stoll is fine as a third line center. Great on face-offs and isn't a liability. I still don't get the hate for the guy given that he is used properly.

And what is that role? The guy has zero creativity and isn't enough of a finisher to be a top 6, he is terrible defensively so that eliminates a shutdown roll. He is even worse on the wing than at center, just what role would you say is "used properly"

If the Kings are that worried about faceoffs they should go out and acquire someone who can win faceoffs while not being a total liability in every spot he has ever been used on the Kings.

I really have no idea why Penner and Stoll are still here. They have been without question the worst values on the roster this season, they are both UFA so they have no future here. Just waive them and send them to Manchester, if anyone is dumb enough to claim either one just wish them luck.

I kind of like how the Kings top lines look assuming Gagne can come back anytime soon, they actually have a pure goal scorer for once and thats nice to see. But man a 3rd line featuring Penner, Stoll and Lewis is disgusting.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:56 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Yeah the Penner-Stoll-Lewis line is just a kind of "gee I hope this works" line. But we've been hoping the Richardson/Clifford-Loktionov-Lewis line would count for something more than just hard work for months now to no avail. I doubt Stoll is getting moved, for better or worse they're gonna want him for what's hopefully a playoff series later on. Penner is another story.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Dropdapuck

Quote:
As far as Loktionov goes, it is hard for me to imagine us keeping him in the long term. With Kopitar, Richards, and Carter here, Loktionov has no hope whatsoever at center really.
Agreed. Lokti is not a good fit at third line center in our current philosophy. If DL stays long term, Lokti goes.

Dropdapuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
I'd bet Stoll stays, but Penner certainly goes. You don't have Loktionov as your 3rd line center during the playoffs(if we make it)...
I think that's right on. I can't see a 3rd rounder being as valuable in the playoffs compared to a top face-off man. The only way that Stoll gets dumped is if the pick is included in a bigger package for another big winger. Penner, maybe gets dumped but again, he's kinda fresh since he hasn't played anywhere near a full season. Better to keep him or again deal him only in a package, unless DL feels he has 0 or negative to contribute, which is 100% possible. Now if someone is dumb enough to give us a 2nd...

- R

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
he is terrible defensively so that eliminates a shutdown roll.
Unfortunately you and I are the only people who see that. The usual counterargument is how he is always used in a shutdown role, how he is a great penalty killer etc. The reality is that apart from Brad Richardson I haven't seen a Kings player with so many defensive ... well I can't even call them errors, he just isn't good enough. It's like putting me out there. Even if I'd knew EXACTLY what is the right play in every situation (if shown to me on video), I'd still not be able to do anything good on the ice.

Old
02-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Kingurentai

Maybe Lokti should play wing in Manch? For the time being (til Stolls gone at least), He's probably got a better shot as a winger

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:00 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Snap View Post
Brown-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
Clifford/Nolan/Richardson-Fraser

Scuderi-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

Quick
gawwwdd man!! that lineup is so freaking perfect on paper. I JUST DONT GET HOW WE CAN BE SO MA FUGGIN INADEQUATE!!!

I DON'T GET IT! I DONT GET IT! I DON'T GET IT!

maybe it's because i've never supported a legit stanley cup team, maybe my knowledge is lacking. but i don't see this lineup being an 8th seed/1st round team. i'm sorry, i just can't comprehend how Lombardi can be to blame for this lineup underachieving. sure buck stops here, "Wah Wah", but ultimately, the players got to perform and they haven't been doing it while given all the tools in the shed. This is a GOOD team. The results we're getting is mind blowing.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:02 PM
johnjm22

So Carter is expected to play today, but won't be speaking to the media until 2:45 PM. I'll be looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:10 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh Snap View Post
Dustin Brown - Mike Richards - Jeff Carter

Holy cow.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:56 PM
johnjm22

Quisp pointed out today that Loktionov has scored 30% of the Kings goals over the last 6 games.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Quisp pointed out today that Loktionov has scored 30% of the Kings goals over the last 6 games.
That is one mighty stat. Fraser scored 100% of all Kings goals when they didn't score any.