HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

JVR - Luke Schenn - Cory Schneider

Old
02-25-2012, 10:48 AM
TYayo

vCash: 500
JVR - Luke Schenn - Cory Schneider

Wondering about these 3 guys...all 3 different positions...all 3 have been mentioned as available if there socks were blown off.

Would a 3 way trade maybe even work? Leafs get Schneider Flyers get Schenn Canucks get JVR (in the offseason)

Who would need to add? Are all 3 similar in value?

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:52 AM
Pi

vCash: 50
Pretty sure TSN reported that Burke has never offered Schenn in a package or 1 for 1 ever. He's not going to be traded, at least not this year.

Schenn-Gardiner pairing looks amazing out there and he's slowly getting back to what he can do.

Leafs honestly don't need another young goalie right now, they just need to play better defense in front of Reimer.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Avs44
Chicago? Chicago

vCash: 380
I'm pretty sure Van would be wanting Schenn...

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Chaz McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Pretty sure TSN reported that Burke has never offered Schenn in a package or 1 for 1 ever. He's not going to be traded, at least not this year.

Schenn-Gardiner pairing looks amazing out there and he's slowly getting back to what he can do.

Leafs honestly don't need another young goalie right now, they just need to play better defense in front of Reimer.
Completely disagree.

The Leafs have alot of needs, but there most pressing is finding good goaltending. I would rate there goaltending in the bottom 5 of the league. With a top ten goaltender they would probably have between 5-10 more points right now and be sitting comfortably in a playoff spot.
Unfortunately Burke doesn't believe in goaltending. Canucks had one of the best teams in the league when the West Coast Express line was rolling, but Burke stayed loyal to Cloutier year after year.
Unless a goaltender falls in his lap, Burke won't give up anything for one.

Chaz McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

We don't really need Schenn anymore after getting Grossman and Kubina.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:25 AM
mbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz McNulty View Post
Completely disagree.

The Leafs have alot of needs, but there most pressing is finding good goaltending. I would rate there goaltending in the bottom 5 of the league. With a top ten goaltender they would probably have between 5-10 more points right now and be sitting comfortably in a playoff spot.
Unfortunately Burke doesn't believe in goaltending. Canucks had one of the best teams in the league when the West Coast Express line was rolling, but Burke stayed loyal to Cloutier year after year.
Unless a goaltender falls in his lap, Burke won't give up anything for one.
i think the important point here is that the leafs don't want a *young* goalie. yes, we need a better goalie. but a young guy like schneider maybe isn't the answer. someone more along the lines of vokoun, even nabokov.

out of these players, as much as I love schenn, JVR would be the top prize in my eyes. obviously, not sure how it would ever happen, but it'd be awesome

mbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:43 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
We don't really need Schenn anymore after getting Grossman and Kubina.
OP stated offseason trade. Flyers might be in the market for a defenseman like Schenn if we fail to resign Carle and/or Grossman as well as miss on someone like Suter or Wideman if either were to make it to free agency as well.

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Svengeance
HFBoards Sponsor

I wouldn't trade Cory Schneider for Schenn unless the leafs added.

I don't know enough about JVR

Svengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Tebowz

Cory Schneider is untouchable. He is probably the most talented goalie in the NHL right now.

Tebowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Chaz McNulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowz View Post
Cory Schneider is untouchable. He is probably the most talented goalie in the NHL right now.
I agree. Shneider's star ir really rising. Ferraro believes he's a really special player that will be one of the best in the league for a long time.

I think the Canucks will get a King's ransom for him in the off season. His stock has gone up alot this year now that he's beating elite teams and the Canucks aren't hiding him against the weaker teams in the league.

I would expect the Canucks will be able to restock the cupboard with what Schneider gets on a return. I would expect a very high 1st rounder and a top prospect. If not, I would try to move Luongo.

Chaz McNulty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:04 PM
CM-

Quote:
I know I would rather keep Schneider than Luongo, but unless Luongo comes out at the end of the year asking for trade (which I can only see him doing under 2 circumstances). Or if Schneider signs another 2 year deal with us for Cheap (under 2 mil) it is not likely that Schneider stays.

As another poster said. as much as we like JVR. It would make more sense to work a deal around Schenn/Schneider.

As Schenn should work well with Edler as all he would be asked is make good passes and play solid physical Defensive hockey.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:05 PM
momo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYayo View Post
Wondering about these 3 guys...all 3 different positions...all 3 have been mentioned as available if there socks were blown off.

Would a 3 way trade maybe even work? Leafs get Schneider Flyers get Schenn Canucks get JVR (in the offseason)

Who would need to add? Are all 3 similar in value?

Schenn > JVR + Schneider

momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
skg

Quote:
No.

Though you can make a case for him being the most talented available goalie.

skg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post
Schenn > JVR + Schneider
Uh, no.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Blank

Schneiders talent doesn't matter..

Goalies just don't give a good return in a trade.

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:16 PM
pavlelink

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post
Schenn > JVR + Schneider
Not even close.

pavlelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:23 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 2394
Can't see the nucks dealing Schneider with playoffs looming. Also can't see Philadelphia adding a 3rd defenseman.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Mitts McCann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank View Post
Schneiders talent doesn't matter..

Goalies just don't give a good return in a trade.
Well were not talking about a regular goalie here. Were talking about a goalie who I'd say will be on the same development path as Lunqvist. Schneider will be an all star for a very long time and step aside Miller, Schneider will be the United States goalie in 2014. Which as a Canadian is scary.

Mitts McCann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Well were not talking about a regular goalie here. Were talking about a goalie who I'd say will be on the same development path as Lunqvist. Schneider will be an all star for a very long time and step aside Miller, Schneider will be the United States goalie in 2014. Which as a Canadian is scary.
Not to discount his potential but as a Canadian remembering 2010's battle for gold i'm quite at ease with the thought of Schneider being U.S.A best option.

leaflover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:05 PM
bberard34

Quote:
nope not at all actually.

bberard34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:08 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Wooow do nuck fans overate Schneider.. Best goalie in the league? Same development as Lundvquist? Schneider would get ripped apart in the leafs system just like Reimer & Gus are.
We need experience.

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Blank

Quote:
And how many young goalies have been on that path earlier? Mason, Lehtonen, Montoya... The list goes on.

Predicting goalies career paths is a fools errand. Have Scheider play a stellar playoffs and you might be looking at a return similar to what Halak got.. Atm, he ain't worth that much.

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:42 PM
TYayo

I mentioned offseason for this trade...Van doesn't trust Lu enough to only have him for the playoff run..and Philly just picked up 2 D..so the need right now isnt there..
If Lu wins them a cup..I can see Schneider being dealt this summer..or if Luongo struggles I think they keep him (CS)

But so far this thread has taught me nothings.. Leafs fans think LS has the most value..Nucks fans think CS has the most...and Flyers fans didnt open the thread...homerism is always rampant here

TYayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:59 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
I'm pretty sure Van would be wanting Schenn...
Yeah. As a Canucks fan, i'd vastly prefer to get Schenn over JVR.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Burrows Bite

Whenever I've seen Schenn Vs Vancouver, he's looked like a pilon though. He's not good versus fast teams I think. Would not fit into the Canucks system well at all.

Burrows Bite is offline   Reply With Quote