HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Trade Proposals - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2012, 12:05 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Strickland has said that there are people in the Blues organization that have talked about Brown and Backes together over the years. He also went on to report that Roy has said that the Blues have looked at him.

I know it is Strickland, so it might not be completely true, but we might end up having an interesting deadline.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:14 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Brown and Roy are each good players. If the money situation were to work out and those teams would take the main piece of Stewart back then I'd do it. However, that's not the same thing as me saying I think it's likely.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:27 PM
h22prelude93

vCash: 500
Not interested in Roy. He's a good player just doesn't make sense for the Blues. Tons of interest in Brown. I know he's probably not available, but if he was...what exactly do you guys think it would take to land him?

Old
02-25-2012, 12:33 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Brown and Roy are each good players. If the money situation were to work out and those teams would take the main piece of Stewart back then I'd do it. However, that's not the same thing as me saying I think it's likely.
Oh, I completely agree. The chances of either one happening are IMO significantly less than 50%; way under likely. I do wonder if Strickland is correct in us looking at Roy. The Brown report is pretty much a no brainer, of course we would at least be interested in a line with Backes and Brown together.

Both of them have manageable salaries and both would be satisified if not prefer to play in a mid to small market like we have. Brown doesn't really participate in LA's night life, so he wouldn't mind less attention.

Again, there are multiple factors, that make us going after either one, unlikely.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:36 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I think it would be more like, Stewart would be the piece and would LA be willing to settle for that. Likely no, so likely no deal. Having been following LA fans' comments on the JJ front for awhile, they have been really down on Brown this year and have questioned his leadership, apparently some scuttlebutt of Oshie-type lapses from last season. The fact they're so open to trading Brown (and have been for awhile) says he probably wouldn't be crazy expensive. Also that there's a power struggle in the locker room for leadership between Brown and Richards which Richards gets bolstered by the acquisition of Carter.

Sounds like either a classic case of change of scenery needed or potentially there's something of an issue with him. I don't think any of us really know the truth. Anyone trading for Brown is going to have to pay. But they face a very tough playoff fight given how tough their schedule is compared with their rivals (it's probably the toughest of those fighting for 8th), and he could be a casualty. It's going to be a wild 48 hours.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:39 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Not interested in Roy. He's a good player just doesn't make sense for the Blues. Tons of interest in Brown. I know he's probably not available, but if he was...what exactly do you guys think it would take to land him?
Stewart + something to make it worth it for Brown? I have no idea what his value would be because his value doesn't stem from his offensive production, similar to Backes'. Yes, they both produce, but Brown's value is increased by other things.

Roy is also interesting because he is staring to rebound and is on a good contract, but IMO, his price wouldn't be a ton. It would still cost a decent amount to get him, but it wouldn't be anything outrageous.

It should be a crazy deadline, I just hope Detroit, Nashville, or Chicago don't acquire anyone big.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
h22prelude93

I think it would probably take a severe over payment...How about something along the lines of Stewart, Rattie, and a 2nd? Too much??

Old
02-25-2012, 12:59 PM
pricer502

vCash: 250
Quote:
I think it would probably take a severe over payment...How about something along the lines of Stewart, Rattie, and a 2nd? Too much??
I think that is a bit too much. I like Brown and his physical style of play, but he has 1 more goal this year than Stewart in three more games played. He has also played the majority of the year on a line with Kopitar one of the best setup men in the leauge.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:59 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Definitely too much for Brown, he has only scored 30 goals once and reached 60 points once. He doesn't get a ton of PP points either, and it's not like he has been on fire this season either.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:00 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Way too much, anything with Rattie, Cole, Tarasenko or Schwartz in it better be bringing back an elite player who can be a final pice type acquisition. Not interested in overpaying for Brown (or anyone) right now. I think the price should be the price and if LA rejects it, no biggie. There are other needs.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:07 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Brown would be a great addition, but at the end of the day, he doesn't fill a need. You shouldn't overpay for someone who doesn't fill a need.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Bluesnatic27

I would love Brown, but I would not want him because we have enough physical forwards as is

Roy, no interest, we could probably find a better playmaker than him

My dream would be Stepan, it will never happen but man would I love this kid

Old
02-25-2012, 02:16 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
I would love Brown, but I would not want him because we have enough physical forwards as is

Roy, no interest, we could probably find a better playmaker than him

My dream would be Stepan, it will never happen but man would I love this kid
Let me get this straight.
You don't want a proven and established PPG center and you don't want a proven and established 30 goal/60 point winger; but you do want a still developing player that might hit 50 points this year?

I get that this is Hockeysfuture and people put a lot of emphasis on "potential", but that is simply ridiculous. You ALWAYS take the proven player when given a choice.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
trevorftw
Voice of Reason

Quote:
...not too much. I'd make that deal.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorftw View Post
...not too much. I'd make that deal.
It is far too much.

As big a fan of Dustin Brown as I am, his cost will far exceed his value to the Blues. He is a 25-30-55 player, that is what he will be on the Blues as well. Yes, he plays a style that would fit perfectly into our system and he'd be great here. But we need goalscorers more.

Old
02-25-2012, 06:30 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

What about Leopold? He only costs 3 million and is signed for next season as well. Plays over 22 minutes. IMO, he is the ideal fit and partner for Pietrangelo.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Stillflexin*

Stewart, Cracknell, and 2nd for Brown?

Old
02-25-2012, 08:53 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

With Stewart getting back to what he is capable of, I see no reason in trading him. He is skating hard and battling, I'd prefer to keep him, see if he gets hot, and give him a "prove it" contract over the summer.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillflexin View Post
Stewart, Cracknell, and 2nd for Brown?
I doubt very seriously that LA would accept that; it's essentially CGDS for Brown, and "Release The" Cracknell and the second are throw-ins... and I don't think the Blues can afford to p**s away the 58th-overall pick as a deal-sweetener. They can get a very solid prospect with that pick.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:19 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Brown's not going anywhere after the night he had tonight. That was a character response after two days of hearing all that stuff.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:56 PM
oPlaiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Brown's not going anywhere after the night he had tonight. That was a character response after two days of hearing all that stuff.
If a GM lets one night of play determine how they manage their club and whether they should make a move that has long term ramifications on their team's performance they should be fired.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPlaiD View Post
If a GM lets one night of play determine how they manage their club and whether they should make a move that has long term ramifications on their team's performance they should be fired.
This wasn't just one night of play from Dustin Brown. It's not like he's sucked all season and had one night of good play

Old
02-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Stillflexin*

I would really like a 3rd or 4th hell even a 5th from TB for Bishop just because I want to see Big Ben in a Lightning's jersey, but I feel as if he won't be moved until the offseason.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:17 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillflexin View Post
I would really like a 3rd or 4th hell even a 5th from TB for Bishop just because I want to see Big Ben in a Lightning's jersey, but I feel as if he won't be moved until the offseason.
If the Blues take anything less than a third-round pick for Bishop, they're doing themselves a disservice.

Even a single third-round pick is underpayment for Bishop. I'm not saying he should get a first-rounder or a solid NHLer in return, but this guy would be starting, or at least splitting starts with a veteran, on more NHL teams than you can count on one set of fingers.

The Blues are not going to just give Ben Bishop away; if a decent deal can't be made in the next 72 hours, or whatever it is until the deadline, then the Blues will keep him in Peoria and wait until the draft to see what kind of a package he could be included in. There's also nothing that says they can't extend him or offer him a new contract, especially if something happens with either Halak or Elliott between now and the last whistle.

Bishop is a term insurance policy that's getting close to the end of it's term, but like that policy, he still has value to the organization as long as the term has not completely expired.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Stillflexin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
If the Blues take anything less than a third-round pick for Bishop, they're doing themselves a disservice.

Even a single third-round pick is underpayment for Bishop. I'm not saying he should get a first-rounder or a solid NHLer in return, but this guy would be starting, or at least splitting starts with a veteran, on more NHL teams than you can count on one set of fingers.

The Blues are not going to just give Ben Bishop away; if a decent deal can't be made in the next 72 hours, or whatever it is until the deadline, then the Blues will keep him in Peoria and wait until the draft to see what kind of a package he could be included in. There's also nothing that says they can't extend him or offer him a new contract, especially if something happens with either Halak or Elliott between now and the last whistle.

Bishop is a term insurance policy that's getting close to the end of it's term, but like that policy, he still has value to the organization as long as the term has not completely expired.
I understand they don't just want to give him away, I'm just saying I want to see the guy get his shot. He's a great goalie and I love the guy, lol i was just saying i wanna see him in the NHL!

Closed Thread