HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Trade Deadline Goalies

Old
02-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
I don't really want to see this team's goalie issue get any more dramatic

02-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Broad Street Elite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I'd only be interested in acquiring Nabakov, letting him and Bryzgalov battle it out, and send Bob to the AHL so he's playing consistently. I still have faith in Bob to become a number one goalie, and trading for someone like Bernier seems like a meaningless move to me.
Bob is no longer waiver exempt, so unless the Flyers are "gauging interest" (lol), they can't send him to the AHL.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 05:44 PM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
No point going for another goalie, vet or not, unless we can find someone to take Bryz off our hands.
What does one have to do with the other? There is no way Bryz can be traded so we can forget about that, but we should and could upgrade our goaltending situation by getting younger and better. Now if you think there is no goalie out there that could help then that's another story. Do the flyers want to sit their multi million dollar goalie? No, but I think they would to make this team better. It could have been really ugly if this team had lost last night after that comeback.

King Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Holy Slapshot

The team is ready to go for it this year. And I dont think it should be only with Bryzgalov anymore, hes struggling for months and there arent any signs of improvemet. Vet rental can be the answer - there are Nabokov, Roloson, Khabibulin and Harding clearly available. Not Giguere as Avs arent out of playoff battle, but who knows, maybe Caps surrender and offer Vokoun, just watch him after tonight game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyO271GChk

Hard to guess if Holmgren can afford anyone, but Flyers totally can win the cup this season... ...with some goalie help.

Holy Slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Flying Tom

If I were Homer I'd try and go for Vokoun. The Caps are collapsing right now and there has been a feud between Hunter and Vokoun. He's only played mediocre as of late, which I wouldn't blame on him, but rather the entire teams lack of "drive". They don't have any identity, which is why I think Vokoun would be great here (even if it is just for the rest of the year). Thoughts?

Flying Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:30 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Tom View Post
If I were Homer I'd try and go for Vokoun. The Caps are collapsing right now and there has been a feud between Hunter and Vokoun. He's only played mediocre as of late, which I wouldn't blame on him, but rather the entire teams lack of "drive". They don't have any identity, which is why I think Vokoun would be great here (even if it is just for the rest of the year). Thoughts?
Vokoun has been pulled in his last 2 games and looks as bad as Bryz and Bob look right now. No thanks.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 09:34 AM
Flying Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Vokoun has been pulled in his last 2 games and looks as bad as Bryz and Bob look right now. No thanks.
I'd blame that on the whole team. They are imploding, and their coach is throwing Vokoun/Neurvith under the bus. His numbers are significantly better than Bryz's (.920 sv% with 4 SO). He's also much much cheaper. Not to mention his career number are pretty damn good.

Old
02-23-2012, 09:45 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
I'd blame that on the whole team. They are imploding, and their coach is throwing Vokoun/Neurvith under the bus. His numbers are significantly better than Bryz's (.920 sv% with 4 SO). He's also much much cheaper. Not to mention his career number are pretty damn good.
Bryz's career numbers up to this season are damn good too. The past is the past.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 10:10 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Not a bad idea actually. Depending on price. Maybe some package deal with more players involved.

I doubt Caps will sell tough. Most likely buyer at the dead line.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Flying Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
Bryz's career numbers up to this season are damn good too. The past is the past.
Vokoun's number for THIS season are much better than Bryzgalov's. You can't go off his last two game, where's he's playing for a team that barely puts in an effort. Not to mention this team is now lead by someone who they don't "buy" into. Vokoun has proven to be more consistent, and less of a head case than Bryzgalov.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:49 PM
toughfighter83*

i dont understand why people want another goalie because all the goalies we got in the past werent successful, what makes you think another one will make any difference? people are denying the fact that its more than the goalie and thinking that another goalie will be a quick fix. which it wont.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 03:54 PM
MASE THE ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
i dont understand why people want another goalie because all the goalies we got in the past werent successful, what makes you think another one will make any difference? people are denying the fact that its more than the goalie and thinking that another goalie will be a quick fix. which it wont.

exactly.

Stay the course, this rebuild is over.

MASE THE ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 04:22 PM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
Not sure what you are watching, this is a very good team with a bad goalie plain and simple. Nothing can tear apart a team faster than a goalie who LOOSES games for our team. Is a new goalie a guarantee to win us a cup? No, but if we stand pat with Bryz we might not make out of the first round.

King Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:24 AM
buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish View Post
Not sure what you are watching, this is a very good team with a bad goalie plain and simple. Nothing can tear apart a team faster than a goalie who LOOSES games for our team. Is a new goalie a guarantee to win us a cup? No, but if we stand pat with Bryz we might not make out of the first round.
Agree! the Fyers goalies never be close to stole a game this season just like last year... I don't think you build a team around a goalie... But i think you need to have one can keep you in the game or just not give bad goal in the third period just like we have right now.

Bernier, Harding should be the target. Harding salary is only 750K... Cheap for an very good young goalie and he can not be worst than Bryz or could be a good relief!

buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:50 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
No one will be available. Dwayne Roloson has been worse than Bryz this year, if you can believe that. Curtis Sanford? Only if Bob was being dealt.

There isn't going to be anyone worth making a play for.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Brozgalov

Some of you are crazy... trade for a goalie?! You honestly think we're making a run at the cup this season? You're insane...

Put Lundqvist on this team and his numbers drop significantly... goalies are a problem on this team, but defense has been absolutely awful.

Bryzgalov is showing signs of coming around, just like he did before he had the flu and then went back to sucking.

Getting another goalie would just make everything worse...

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:50 PM
puzzle

If we trade for a goalie, it has to be for a young goalie who can help us right now...not a rental. I'm thinking Jonathan Bernier, or Enroth or Rask, etc. But among those, only Bernier would be available for the right price I think.

puzzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:52 PM
MagnumForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzle View Post
If we trade for a goalie, it has to be for a young goalie who can help us right now...not a rental. I'm thinking Jonathan Bernier, or Enroth or Rask, etc. But among those, only Bernier would be available for the right price I think.
Just out of curiousity, what would the Flyers be willing to give up for Enroth?

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:00 PM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
well it would have to include Bobrovsky to give the Sabres a backup goalie, and then I think we'd add a young player or a good pick but I think value for goalies are hard to define so I don't really know.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
Not sure Enroth would be a real upgrade over what we have in Bobrovsky. What has he done in his career so far beside the hot start this year?

Maybe swap Bob for Enroth for salary/cap reasons but I think most Flyers fans would insist that Buffalo would actually have to add to make this work. Highly unlikely in my mind....

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:06 PM
puzzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Not sure Enroth would be a real upgrade over what we have in Bobrovsky. What has he done in his career so far beside the hot start this year?

Maybe swap Bob for Enroth for salary/cap reasons but I think most Flyers fans would insist that Buffalo would actually have to add to make this work. Highly unlikely in my mind....
I think we have to add. Enroth is for me definitely an upgrade over Bob as we're speaking. I wouldn't add a JVR or a Schenn, but we'd definitely have to add a young player with some potential.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:13 PM
therodstu

Curtis Sanford. Book It!!!!

I have watched him save Jackets games single handedly

therodstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:14 PM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzle View Post
I think we have to add. Enroth is for me definitely an upgrade over Bob as we're speaking. I wouldn't add a JVR or a Schenn, but we'd definitely have to add a young player with some potential.
I think the fanbase is still very high on Bob.
Personally, I agree that we would have to add. Maybe a low pick would suffice? Maybe add a B prospect like Wellwood...

Philly is a very difficult environment for goalies, young ones as well as Veterans. Does Enroth have the mental toughness to make it?
How will he react when they start to boo him after he let in his second or third weak goal?

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:22 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

We can't get a goaltender.

We have Bryzgalov.

/thread.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 01:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Enroth: 39 GP. 17 wins, 13 losses, 5 OTL. .913 sv%, 2.74 gaa, 23 yrs old
Bobrovsky: 78 GP. 40 wins, 21 losses 9 OTL. .911 sv%, 2.71 gaa, 23 yrs old.

Dont really see where he is clearly the better goalie. Obviously thats only stats, but other than one being drafted, they are pretty similar. Enroth is only 5'10 though while Bob is 6'2.

sa cyred is online now   Reply With Quote