HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time

vCash: 500
New Pickups

I have gotten a few more in recently.

2011 All-Star. This will be a Stastny.

2000-2001 CCM Home White. Not sure who I'll put on this yet, but I'm leaning towards Drury.

Gray Training Camp Used Jersey. Craig's List pickup.

Last edited by Avs Hockey Podcast: 02-11-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old
02-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Nice.

Old news but I got a Hejduk home jersey for Christmas. Replica of course but it has the Captains "C". So that's pretty cool.

Unrelated to the Avs, I saw the new Rockies Away jersey at Aurora mall. They are pretty basic and i realized that's why I love Baseball jerseys so much. Nearly every jersey design is so simple, so clean.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:44 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

I am ready to purchase a new Avs jersey...

But now am torn on what jersey to get?

As you recall, I have a signed Stastny old White Home jersey, a Duchene 3rd and an O'Reilly 3rd...I personally really like the 3rd's, but don't want to keep getting them.

So, I ask you, my fellow Avalanche friends/family, I've narrowed it to Landeskog/EJ, which one should I get? (Which player and jersey type)

Old
02-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

As you recall, I have a signed Stastny old White Home jersey, a Duchene 3rd and an O'Reilly 3rd...I personally really like the 3rd's, but don't want to keep getting them.

So, I ask you, my fellow Avalanche friends/family, I've narrowed it to Landeskog/EJ, which one should I get? (Which player and jersey type)
I would wait until the summer when there are sales and we get a better idea who is staying for good.

Maybe go for a retro jersey? Something like Forsberg, Sakic, or Roy?

If you want a current player there's no harm with going with Landeskog or Varlamov.

But I learned my lesson getting a Théodore jersey

Old
02-25-2012, 02:56 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I would wait until the summer when there are sales and we get a better idea who is staying for good.

Maybe go for a retro jersey? Something like Forsberg, Sakic, or Roy?

If you want a current player there's no harm with going with Landeskog or Varlamov.

But I learned my lesson getting a Théodore jersey
I just plan on ordering from Altitude Authentics...same price as they are in most other places, and I don't believe they do summer sales, do they?

Old
02-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
I just plan on ordering from Altitude Authentics...same price as they are in most other places, and I don't believe they do summer sales, do they?
:/ I don't know

Old
02-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

I think they do summer sales. But I dunno for sure.

I'd go with a White Landeskog. Next to the 3rds they are the best looking jerseys the Avs wear. And you know Lando will be around for a good while (at least the next 2-3 seasons).

Old
02-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Bensch88

Quote:

I'd go for a white Lando one.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:17 AM
avsfan19

Sakic authentic signed jersey, home
Duchene signed jersey, home

also have an authentic Sakic team Canada jersey

still trying to find a Duchene jersey from the Brampton Battalion

Old
03-07-2012, 01:44 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Saw Deadmarsh RBK edge jerseys for sale in the team store tonight... Right next to the Bourque and Roy Edge jerseys. What the crap is going on. I don't see powder blue Alex English Nuggets jerseys for sale.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:30 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
So I'm actually looking to add a new jersey to my somewhat smallish collection consisting of a Forsberg blue nordique and a Forsberg white avs jersey..The quebec one is a counterfeit and the avs is a replica. I'm looking to get a Landeskog jersey but I'm also not sure if I should wait until next year since I'm pretty sure he'll get a letter on his jersey o some sort..

Anyways I dont know much about this so I was thinking maybe I could ask here.. I see there is a huge difference in price between a replica and an authentic.. what is the big difference and is it worth the extra money? It's not like anyone here in soutern Sweden would complain about the jersey being authentic or not lol. I just want a good quality jersey with my boy Landeskogs name on it =)

Old
03-08-2012, 04:29 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
So I'm actually looking to add a new jersey to my somewhat smallish collection consisting of a Forsberg blue nordique and a Forsberg white avs jersey..The quebec one is a counterfeit and the avs is a replica. I'm looking to get a Landeskog jersey but I'm also not sure if I should wait until next year since I'm pretty sure he'll get a letter on his jersey o some sort..

Anyways I dont know much about this so I was thinking maybe I could ask here.. I see there is a huge difference in price between a replica and an authentic.. what is the big difference and is it worth the extra money? It's not like anyone here in soutern Sweden would complain about the jersey being authentic or not lol. I just want a good quality jersey with my boy Landeskogs name on it =)
I think the difference between replica and authentic is huge with reebok jerseys imho and not as much with the older jerseys pre-reebok. The older ccm/koho/pp/starter jersey replicas had cloth shoulder patches and the reebok premiere series has plastic patches. Authentic is thicker and build better, but if you're just wearing it to a game or around the house its up to you as its your money. Some people just like to get the real thing even it is a bit more money.

Old
03-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Lonewolfe2015

I've bought an authentic pre-Edge jersey back when I had a coupon that made it $20 more than a replica, it is a lot nicer than the replica CCM I have. But at the same time I avoid wearing it much so I don't get it dirty... which kind of defeats the purpose of buying a jersey imo.

So if you plan on wearing it around, go with a replica. The Edge replicas fit really well in my opinion, much better than the pre-Edge.

I really would like to add a Landeskog jersey to my collection sometime, but O'Reilly may be next.

I bought a Stastny jersey over the summer before he got his hat trick against Dallas the first game of the season, whichever year that was. I bought a Duchy black ice jersey the morning before he got his hat trick against Dallas, so I might want to wait until next season's schedule comes out and time it just right...

Old
03-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Jt0323

I want to get a Alt Landeskog Jersey!

Old
04-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

Got

- 96, CCM Avalanche, white jersey, blank
- CCM vintage, Nordiques, blue jersey, blank

And just bought this on Friday at the Flames/Avs game

Old
04-01-2012, 10:03 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Got

- 96, CCM Avalanche, white jersey, blank
- CCM vintage, Nordiques, blue jersey, blank

And just bought this on Friday at the Flames/Avs game

They sell Avs jerseys at the dome??

Old
04-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Cypher
#GenieArmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
They sell Avs jerseys at the dome??
There was an auction on the main concourse behind the penalty boxes. A bunch of hockey memorabilia on display.

Old
04-27-2012, 06:52 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

I picked up another blank home ccm jersey this week. I want 1 or 2 more to fill out my collection of guys that I don't have, but want. Might look at some game worn jerseys this summer during the meigrey summer sale if the price is right.

Old
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Picked this up from Denver Athletic this week. Every time I've gone to an Avs game since 1997 and seen someone wearing an authentic Starter mesh I've been bitterly jealous. I finally got a blank, did a lot of research, and took it to DA. A little work, lots of questions, and DA putting up with my pickiness, and here is my beautiful Peter Forsberg jersey. Fouls abound, I know...all on purpose, or just because I don't care. Those I know of: 2001 Stanley Cup Patch should be on a CCM, not Starter Mesh (don't care...I love the mesh, don't like CCM jerseys, and even though Forsberg didn't actually play in the Finals in '01, he contributed heavily in the first two rounds. and, also, I love him). The assistant captain "A": Wrong size. Had to get DA to put the current version of the "A" on the jersey to make it fit in the white field and not run onto the piping. Originally, DA put on the large pre-'07 "A" and placed it according to their specs. It was in my armpit and was at least an inch over the piping. Talked it over and had them remove the old and replace it with the smaller one, placing it on my chest rather than under my arm. I think it looks great. And, they were cool enough to stack the "A" rather than kiss cut it, probably making it one of extremely few small, post '07 stacked avs "A"s anywhere).

Edit: I recently removed the crest on this jersey, moved it down about an inch. I removed DA's small "A" and placed a correctly sized "A" where it looks best while wearing the jersey. New pics below.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 08-18-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 05:20 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Thought the Forsberg Starter Mesh deserved its own post. Here are the others in my collection.

The jersey that started jersey madness for me. $91 on ebay. Not customized by Denver Athletic, but a pretty good job nonetheless. Points not cut off on the 7s and the curve on the name isn't deep enough. Doesn't really bother me though.

My oldschool Forsberg Starter Replica that's been with me since 1997. My dad bought it for me and my NCAA hockey scout neighbor sent it to Sweden for the sig. It's a replica, but I love it. Will have it framed by jerseyframing.ca soon and it will hang in the hockey cave (as soon as the hockey cave is completed)

My Sakic replica 3rd by River City Sports that's been with me since 2003. A former student of mine took it to hockey practice and had Joe sign it for me. Will hang in a frame next to the Forsberg in the cave.

2 blanks I'll have customized at DA. The all star will be a Sakic (duh), the blank Starter Mesh will also be a Sakic.

Also, Denver Athletic currently has a burgundy Starter Mesh making it a Forsberg.
I'll post pics as each gets customized. And...don't tell my wife. She only knows about probably half of all this.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 08-18-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 05:59 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

OK.....One more. This one deserves its own post too. You won't recognize the number/name combination on this one. A friend of my wife's family (and a friend of mine) was a hockey player and a huge fan of the Avs. He was diagnosed with Leukemia as a child and had a recurrence as a high school student. When he played, he wore #22, and when he passed away, I started wearing his #22 on my helmet and had River City Sports make this jersey for me as a tribute to my friend Josh. I like to think that when I play, or go to the Pepsi Center and wear this jersey, or when my wife comes with me and wears it, we're taking our friend to a game. I also wear this jersey to work when we have jersey days. I'm a teacher at a middle school and I like to think of it like I'm taking him to hang out with all the pre-teens at school. Josh was a great kid and I love this jersey.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 08-18-2013 at 11:18 PM.
Old
06-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Just a random question, but if I have a counterfeit and the lettering is off, do you think anyone would re-stitch it?

(this is for a Rockies jersey, not Avs...if it even matters)

Old
06-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Just a random question, but if I have a counterfeit and the lettering is off, do you think anyone would re-stitch it?

EPS might. I believe that DA won't redo stuff unless its their mistake.

Old
06-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post

Rockie Hockey or Rockie Baseball?

Old
06-07-2012, 04:08 AM
PAZ

So I want to get a jersey, but I loathe the new design and can't justify spending money on them when the old ones looked 1000x times better. Would it be considered a jersey foul if I bought an older Avs jersey and then threw Radars number and name on the back?

Closed Thread