HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Isles

Old
02-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
Wait. Richards fought????? I wasn't able to watch the game. Did he actually fight?

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:52 AM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Some of you guys are over-reacting. In the grand scheme of things, this game was meaningless for NYR. They pretty much have a playoff spot locked up -- and resting Hank for the playoffs is important. No need to overplay him against a sub-par team. For the Islanders, it was a game the had to have -- for us, not so much. I don't really care about this loss, and am happy they got at least a point to maintain their 8-point lead on first place.

8 point lead!! I think some of you guys forget that.

And by the way, I'd be embarrassed to be an Islanders fan at the game last night. I was there, and the crowd was so overwhelmingly Ranger fans that the only 2 Islander fans in my section got booed out of their own arena and actually left when we tied the game.

02-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Torts is trying to figure out if he will be able to trust Biron with some playoff game/time.

02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I think Torts is trying to figure out if he will be able to trust Biron with some playoff game/time.

Old
02-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Robs789

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
Some of you guys are over-reacting. In the grand scheme of things, this game was meaningless for NYR. They pretty much have a playoff spot locked up -- and resting Hank for the playoffs is important. No need to overplay him against a sub-par team. For the Islanders, it was a game the had to have -- for us, not so much. I don't really care about this loss, and am happy they got at least a point to maintain their 8-point lead on first place.

And by the way, I'd be embarrassed to be an Islanders fan at the game last night. I was there, and the crowd was so overwhelmingly Ranger fans that the only 2 Islander fans in my section got booed out of their own arena and actually left when we tied the game.
Its not the fact that we have an 8 points lead or already have a playoff spot, its the problem that we are struggling with these bottom tier teams such as CBJ or Isles.

Robs789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:18 PM
shelaur22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Wait. Richards fought????? I wasn't able to watch the game. Did he actually fight?
I was asleep during this part of the game, but it appears that yes, he fought. No penalties, though. More of a scuffle.

shelaur22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelaur22 View Post
I was asleep during this part of the game, but it appears that yes, he fought. No penalties, though. More of a scuffle.

Damn it. I miss the most unexpected things.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:29 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
You make millions of dollars to play this ****? You learn the rules, even the obscure ones. Not unreasonable.
As Torts said in his press conference, "That scares the hell out of me."

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:04 PM
mullichicken25

Not sure how we can blame boring for cally crapping the bed in front of the net and an atrocious line change by the dmen

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
Not sure how we can blame boring for cally crapping the bed in front of the net and an atrocious line change by the dmen
Damn autocorrect LOL!

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 02:53 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

stepan with the most ice time for a forward, eh

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:

Even though YOU may think that this wasn't an important game, and it may not be in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't mean that Tort's and the team felt that way... They're supposed to play to win every game. Torts says it himself after pretty much every game... he says that he doesn't look at the standings, he doesn't care if he's in first place or not, the team has to play at the same level for every game and treat every game the same. They can't just say, "Oh we're only playing the Islanders, no need to try tonight." My point is the Rangers ARE playing hard against these lower level teams and they aren't doing as well as they should/could be. I'm not saying it's the end of the world though, every team is going to have a slump here and there.

All of that being said, is Lundqvist the REAL reason why we've done so well this season? Has it all been just a bunch of smoke and mirrors? Idk... maybe.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Even though YOU may think that this wasn't an important game, and it may not be in the grand scheme of things, that doesn't mean that Tort's and the team felt that way... They're supposed to play to win every game. Torts says it himself after pretty much every game... he says that he doesn't look at the standings, he doesn't care if he's in first place or not, the team has to play at the same level for every game and treat every game the same. They can't just say, "Oh we're only playing the Islanders, no need to try tonight." My point is the Rangers ARE playing hard against these lower level teams and they aren't doing as well as they should/could be. I'm not saying it's the end of the world though, every team is going to have a slump here and there.

All of that being said, is Lundqvist the REAL reason why we've done so well this season? Has it all been just a bunch of smoke and mirrors? Idk... maybe.
The defense has helped. The offense seems to have gotten a little better than last year. However, make no mistake; Hank is the undisputed MVP of this hockey team.

Old
02-25-2012, 04:13 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post

That wasn't my point, my point was that people in here make it seem like it's the end of the world when we lose a game.

NyRangers88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Rangerfans

Quote:
That wasn't my point, my point was that people in here make it seem like it's the end of the world when we lose a game.
So true. Look at MachineHead's post. Guy is miserable.

The Ranger fans on this board are unbearable. We're in 1st in division, 1st in the conference, the game isn't even remotely over, and people are calling us "a fluke."

Last edited by JeffMangum: 02-26-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Hockify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robs789 View Post
Its not the fact that we have an 8 points lead or already have a playoff spot, its the problem that we are struggling with these bottom tier teams such as CBJ or Isles.
In all fairness Isles are not like CBJ they are alot better than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
Oh jeeeeze. Torts must be pissed. Did the reporters name players?
Torts asked to be given the players names off the record.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote