HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 5

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2012, 06:33 PM
  #426
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Jack Johnson sucks. He made everyone around him worse. Kings added by subtraction on that one.
This. It's not an exaggeration to say he is one of the worst defensemen in the NHL compared to his contract. (hell period.)

His stats are so bad, it's comical, and there is no 'nice' way to spin them. Howsen is clearly an idiot. Especially since he asked for Couture and thought that was going to fly

It's possible Howsen simply doesn't know much about the Sharks and thus does not value the players we are offering. He should, because guys like Demers are going to do him a LOT more good than guys like Jack Johnson ever will. He's just a terrible, terrible GM.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:35 PM
  #427
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Jack Johnson sucks. He made everyone around him worse. Kings added by subtraction on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
JJ is the most over rated dman in the league. They will be giving up a first rounded, the year may change. its basically demers and a first for a 30 goal scorer.
Oh sure he sucked so bad the Kings signed him for 7 years.... And no he is better then Demers

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:36 PM
  #428
one2gamble
Registered User
 
one2gamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 5,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Oh sure he sucked so bad the Kings signed him for 7 years.... And no he is better then Demers
He isn't.......

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:36 PM
  #429
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
This. It's not an exaggeration to say he is one of the worst defensemen in the NHL compared to his contract. (hell period.)

His stats are so bad, it's comical, and there is no 'nice' way to spin them. Howsen is clearly an idiot. Especially since he asked for Couture and thought that was going to fly

It's possible Howsen simply doesn't know much about the Sharks and thus does not value the players we are offering. He should, because guys like Demers are going to do him a LOT more good than guys like Jack Johnson ever will. He's just a terrible, terrible GM.
It really depends on your needs and it wasn't his fault the Kings forwards are horribly over rated and can't score worth ****... The funny thing is Lombardi knew it all along

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:41 PM
  #430
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
He isn't.......
Ok and your basing this on what? What does Demers do that better then Johnson?

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:41 PM
  #431
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Oh sure he sucked so bad the Kings signed him for 7 years.... And no he is better then Demers
No, he really isn't.

1) He makes everyone that plays with him worse. See, The JMFJ Effect.

2) He averaged less points per 60 than Matt Greene. Matt Greene.

3) He bleeds shots when he's on the ice. Worst on the Kings by a mile.

4) He faced 2nd tier competition, yet gave up the most goals per 60 on the Kings.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:43 PM
  #432
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,356
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
No, he really isn't.

1) He makes everyone that plays with him worse. See, The JMFJ Effect.

2) He averaged less points per 60 than Matt Greene. Matt Greene.

3) He bleeds shots when he's on the ice. Worst on the Kings by a mile.

4) He faced 2nd tier competition, yet gave up the most goals per 60 on the Kings.
But hes an 85 in NHL12

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:51 PM
  #433
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanca View Post
But hes an 85 in NHL12
Obviously what WantonAbandon is looking at.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:52 PM
  #434
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanca View Post
But hes an 85 in NHL12
It's a video game which highlights physical attributes. Johnson has good skating ability, a strong shot, overall strength, power play awareness, etc. and he's durable. That makes for a good video game player.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:54 PM
  #435
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor
 
KpopandHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,588
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
It's a video game which highlights physical attributes. Johnson has good skating ability, a strong shot, overall strength, power play awareness, etc. and he's durable. That makes for a good video game player.
They just haven't figured out how to program the game so that when the player is in the defensive zone they have none of those.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:55 PM
  #436
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Ok and your basing this on what? What does Demers do that better then Johnson?
Actually Demers literally does everything (aside from the PP) better than Johnson. 5 on 5, Demers is a superior player in everyway (especially last season).

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:56 PM
  #437
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow
 
JayP812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area
Country: United States
Posts: 5,865
vCash: 455
JMFJ is definitely one of the most overrated defensemen in the league. He is pretty bad defensively, comparable to Wallin in giveaways, and gets credit as an elite d-man just because he is good offensively. You do really have to wonder how Howsen got a GM job.

JayP812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:00 PM
  #438
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
No, he really isn't.

1) He makes everyone that plays with him worse. See, The JMFJ Effect.

2) He averaged less points per 60 than Matt Greene. Matt Greene.

3) He bleeds shots when he's on the ice. Worst on the Kings by a mile.

4) He faced 2nd tier competition, yet gave up the most goals per 60 on the Kings.
Wow then there should be no stopping the Kings now since they were already the top defensive team in the league on even strength. May as well put a brick wall in net I guess... Now losing a puck moving D when your 30th on Offense yeah that won't hurt at all.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:02 PM
  #439
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Wow then there should be no stopping the Kings now since they were already the top defensive team in the league on even strength. May as well put a brick wall in net I guess... Now losing a puck moving D when your 30th on Offense yeah that won't hurt at all.
Voynov, they are a better team without JJ.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:11 PM
  #440
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Actually Demers literally does everything (aside from the PP) better than Johnson. 5 on 5, Demers is a superior player in everyway (especially last season).
Well there is the talent factor that can be observed... Johnson is the higher talent, but if that doesn't float your boat how about some stats:

This season Johnson is averaging more hits, blocks and I believe points per game.

Johnson seems to average more games per season

They both have very just about the same PDO

So what are you basing this off of again....

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:11 PM
  #441
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Voynov, they are a better team without JJ.
No Lombardi was/is desperate...

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:12 PM
  #442
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Wow then there should be no stopping the Kings now since they were already the top defensive team in the league on even strength. May as well put a brick wall in net I guess... Now losing a puck moving D when your 30th on Offense yeah that won't hurt at all.
Slava Voynov: GF/60- 2.10
Jack Johnson: GF/60- 1.76

Yeah, they're gonna miss Johnson soooo much.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:13 PM
  #443
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Well there is the talent factor that can be observed... Johnson is the higher talent, but if that doesn't float your boat how about some stats:

This season Johnson is averaging more hits, blocks and I believe points per game.

Johnson seems to average more games per season

They both have very just about the same PDO

So what are you basing this off of again....
Demers, despite his crappy season, is averaging more points per EV60.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM
  #444
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Well there is the talent factor that can be observed... Johnson is the higher talent, but if that doesn't float your boat how about some stats:

This season Johnson is averaging more hits, blocks and I believe points per game.

Johnson seems to average more games per season

They both have very just about the same PDO

So what are you basing this off of again....
Oh and I almost forgot... I have not double checked this but I think Johnsons quality of comp is higher this season

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:17 PM
  #445
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Slava Voynov: GF/60- 2.10
Jack Johnson: GF/60- 1.76

Yeah, they're gonna miss Johnson soooo much.
Yeah and why is less PMDs equivalent to more? Demers hasn't replicated his numbers from his first time up, what makes you so sure Voynov will?

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
  #446
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Is JMFJ your dad or something? Johnson is clueless defensively, statistically and the eye test confirms.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
  #447
ramstoria
Registered User
 
ramstoria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sacramento
Country: United States
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
Niemi + for Ryan Miller please.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:32 PM
  #448
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 32,149
vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
Niemi + for Ryan Miller please.
Miller's not going to make any of the stops that Nemo hasn't made.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:33 PM
  #449
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,551
vCash: 500
Even if he would, DW would never acknowledge his mistake like that.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:18 PM
  #450
The McMafia
Registered User
 
The McMafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Had an odd idea on the way home last night.

Clowe + pick for Semin + forward prospect?

The McMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.