HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Anton Lander to OKC

Old
02-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
You know... sometimes I forget that Petrell is even playing. With Lander... I always noticed him.
Petrell played well the last two games before this and was consistently physical and battling for pucks and bringing a good all round game. Hard player to play against, kind of like a bigger Reddox.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Send MPS down while you're at your at it! Why do they do this to Pajarrvi? They'r so sadistic! I can't take it anymore!

FINALLY Lander gets to play some serious minutes!

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:50 PM
SilverHaireDevil

I really like the game/drive i see from Lander and Petrell responsible defensively, hard hitting and they both make smart plays for the most part, its really a shame that Omark got hurt this year, anyone else wish that Renney would spend the rest of the year in the pressbox?
(Ron Wilsoned the young European players this year IMO). With Kruger as coach the team seemed to have more gumption and he seems to be better at matching lines.

SilverHaireDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
I really like the game/drive i see from Lander and Petrell responsible defensively, hard hitting and they both make smart plays for the most part, its really a shame that Omark got hurt this year, anyone else wish that Renney would spend the rest of the year in the pressbox?
(Ron Wilsoned the young European players this year IMO). With Kruger as coach the team seemed to have more gumption and he seems to be better at matching lines.

Sure, that's it.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:09 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
uh magnus isnt good for team sweden this year...
PRV won't be called for the WC this year, Omark won't be called for the WC this year and Lander won't be called for the WC this year...

Who cares. It doesn't take away the good attitude and awareness shown by PRV in saying that he'd need to work on his development in the OKC and would prefer that ahead of going to the WC. Mind you that he didn't bring up the WC himself, he was asked...

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:46 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firenze View Post
yeah so his upside is 3rd liner, hardly an offensive dynamo that leads teams to championchips.
Yeah, scouting reports are always correct. His definite upside is 3rd liner.

I think you know about the scouting report below:
Projection: "He's going to be a third-line player who could be a good second-line player."

Best Case Scenario: "A second-line player who plays in all key situations for you."

That's a 19 year old winger who is currently playing on the 1st line in COL and is 3rd in team scoring, 1st in team +-, lately only after O'Reilly in TOI/G and plays all key situations...

I am not saying that projections about Lander will definitely turn out to be wrong but please don't go on about scouting reports... Especially since you've already dissed them in the case of PRV...

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:38 AM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
Should have happened a while ago, like in training camp.

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:55 AM
oilers4life5

Please Tambo send down MPS for the playoffs in OKC so the Swedes can tear up the AHL.

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
Yeah, scouting reports are always correct. His definite upside is 3rd liner.

I think you know about the scouting report below:
Projection: "He's going to be a third-line player who could be a good second-line player."

Best Case Scenario: "A second-line player who plays in all key situations for you."

That's a 19 year old winger who is currently playing on the 1st line in COL and is 3rd in team scoring, 1st in team +-, lately only after O'Reilly in TOI/G and plays all key situations...

I am not saying that projections about Lander will definitely turn out to be wrong but please don't go on about scouting reports... Especially since you've already dissed them in the case of PRV...
O'Reilly is another guy that started his NHL career very slowly except for one good stretch of games, look at him now. Hard work can really pay off, Lander and Paajarvi should keep this in mind and work to their goals, both could be key players on the Oilers for many years to come.

02-26-2012, 02:41 PM
TheGudge

Even if Magnus never develops into a solid top 6 LW (25-30g), if he uses his size and speed well, him and Lander could develop into an elite two-way 3rd line, add in Harski and they could be very useful when we make the playoffs. It has me thinking of the great 3rd lines that teams like Detroit or Dallas had back in the day.

TheGudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Petrell played well the last two games before this and was consistently physical and battling for pucks and bringing a good all round game. Hard player to play against, kind of like a bigger Reddox.
I didn't necessarily mean that as a knock on Petrell. He's quietly doing his job.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Was Paajarvi sent down? Strange seeing as he was starting to elevate his game.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:46 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Was Paajarvi sent down? Strange seeing as he was starting to elevate his game.
I'm not sure if he has, but it will be to get him on the Clear Day roster for the AHL play-offs if he has.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Eskimo44

About time he played decent and looks like a player but for his development this is where he belongs

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Lander should have started in OKC this year in the first place. 5 months too late. :/
I actually like that he's been playing limited minutes in the NHL. He knows what it takes to be an NHL player, he's familiar with the league now as well. But he's not going to get any playoff experience, or powerplay time, so sending him down is an opportunity for him to develop his game further.

It's going to be interesting to see what kind of player we have in Lander next year. Probably just a solid defensive player that chips in here and there offensively, which is exactly what I want out of him.

Lay Z Boy GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 05:04 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
I agree with you 100%
Tambolini needs to be more active in protecting assets he drafted. MPS needs top 6 minutes. Renney doesn't give MPS those minutes then Tambolini needs to step in there. MPS was ranked 4th by ISS before he was drafted. He's a great skater who was drafted with NHL size and it's looking more and more like he's getting rushed into the NHL.

The same could be said for Lander. I'd take him over Belanger any time this year and it annoyed the hell out of me how he was playing behind Belanger on most nights. Just that we've got a tons of great prospects in the system doesn't mean that we need to continue to rush our prospects into the NHL. Regardless of what Renney wants for his line combos, Tambolini needs to straighten him out IMO.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Dooman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I agree with you 100%
Tambolini needs to be more active in protecting assets he drafted. MPS needs top 6 minutes. Renney doesn't give MPS those minutes then Tambolini needs to step in there. MPS was ranked 4th by ISS before he was drafted. He's a great skater who was drafted with NHL size and it's looking more and more like he's getting rushed into the NHL.

The same could be said for Lander. I'd take him over Belanger any time this year and it annoyed the hell out of me how he was playing behind Belanger on most nights. Just that we've got a tons of great prospects in the system doesn't mean that we need to continue to rush our prospects into the NHL. Regardless of what Renney wants for his line combos, Tambolini needs to straighten him out IMO.
Oh the sheer comedic value. Thanks for the laughs Thadd.

Dooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 06:02 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooman View Post
Oh the sheer comedic value. Thanks for the laughs Thadd. You're so awesome it just blows my mind. Please marry me.
Aw, I know I'm great, but I don't think I deserve that much credit.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:01 PM
oilers4life5

Can some please tell me if MPS got sent down or not?

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote