HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tony Marinaro: Molson calling the shots, Gauthier just a figurehead (Molson Denies)

Old
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Geoff Molson @GMolsonCHC

Les rumeurs du congédiement de Pierre Gauthier sont fausses. Rumours of Pierre Gauthier's firing are false.

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I'm not a fan of Kaberle but how can you say he is worthless. The devils just gave up a lot for Zidlicky who is just as bad as Kaberle defensively, but stopped producing offensively, even with an extra year and 250k more, I bet the Devils would have rather traded those assets for Kaberle not Zidlicky.
then why didn't they?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
And we're in 28th place in the league. I dread to think where we would be if Gauthier didn't CONSTANTLY make good moves.

Anymore of Guathier's good moves and we would be relegated to teh AHL.
I tell you, we are the greatest last place team ever. I keep reading how we had such a great GM in Gainey and such an incredible replacement in Gauthier, you'd think that guys like that who are such incredible guys would make us a better team. But hey, I guess we still have to blame Réjean Houle for it. Still wondering how the heck we can be one of the best draft team and be so average on the ice.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:19 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yeah he did, he said that Gauthier's only the figurehead now and all the moves are being done by other members.
other members doesn't mean molson making unilateral hockey decisions

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Kaberle but how can you say he is worthless. The devils just gave up a lot for Zidlicky who is just as bad as Kaberle defensively, but stopped producing offensively, even with an extra year and 250k more, I bet the Devils would have rather traded those assets for Kaberle not Zidlicky.
Not saying that. Like I said, can't wait to see us trading him for more than Zidlicky's worth. I actually took the day off Monday JUST to see that. As far as the Devils that would have wanted Kaberle instead of Zidlicky...what are you saying? That they called the Habs but Gauthier said No? Hey we never know....Kaberle might be an untouchable.....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 02-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
OneSharpMarble

So gauthier makes good moves and is burned at the stake but gainey was a braindead laughing stock and everyone lines up to make excuses. Hab fans deserve whatever they get lol

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:22 PM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not saying that. Like I said, can't wait to see us trading him for more than Zidlicky's worth. I actually took the day off Monday JUST to see that.
If they can get a pick for Kaberle (providing he doesn't have yet another NTC), they should do so. He's an average dman now with a bit of upside but he's not going to be a mainstay on the Canadiens' D for years to come or anything. They should make a few deals and just improve their prospect potential like they did with Gill.

pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
not quite yoda

Bob Mckenzie on twitter:

"I asked Molson if hockey decision-making process/protocol with MTL any different now than at beginning of season? His response: "No."

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
then why didn't they?
Because Mtl isn't looking to trade him, I'm guessing I case Markov gets hurt. Since joining the Habs Kaberle has being putting up points, where as he wasn't with the Canes.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
You're out to lunch. The guy has generally made very good moves and, most importantly, showed restraint where needed.
I have to disagree with you here. While Gauthier has made some good moves, the Gill trade and the Moore trades as examples, he has done some really dumb moves as well, and restraint has certainly not been his saving grace.

Did he show restraint when it came time to re-sign Markov? No, he made an emotional decision

Did he show restraint when it came time to review the coaching situation? No, he fired Martin and Pearn for no real reason at all

Did he show restraint when Cammelleri spoke out? No, he shipped him out the first chance that he got

Gauthier has been making decisions based on emotion all year and that is why we are where we are. All three of those moves have cost us big time this season and beyond.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
HomaridII

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
I asked Molson if hockey decision-making process/protocol with MTL any different now than at beginning of season? His response: "No."

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
All I want to know is who is the idiot that made the Kaberle trade.
Martin desperately wanted a quarterback on the PP, Gauthier didnt want to sacrifice the youth so he traded for Kaberle, by far his worst trade so far since the guy still have 2 years left to his contract but I see this move as Martin's last chance to get his team going.. Gauthier had to do something to help his coach and it was probably the best option avalaible..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Bob Mckenzie on twitter:

"I asked Molson if hockey decision-making process/protocol with MTL any different now than at beginning of season? His response: "No."
So he's saying he was mastering the puppet befor the season started?

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
All-Star

So now we can add meddling owner to the list of reasons why the Habs suck this season. Awesome...

All-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Because Mtl isn't looking to trade him, I'm guessing I case Markov gets hurt. Since joining the Habs Kaberle has being putting up points, where as he wasn't with the Canes.
If we aren't looking to trade him then that's even more evidence that Gauthier is failing.

Old
smon

Quote:
I have to disagree with you here. While Gauthier has made some good moves, the Gill trade and the Moore trades as examples, he has done some really dumb moves as well, and restraint has certainly not been his saving grace.

Did he show restraint when it came time to re-sign Markov? No, he made an emotional decision

Did he show restraint when it came time to review the coaching situation? No, he fired Martin and Pearn for no real reason at all

Did he show restraint when Cammelleri spoke out? No, he shipped him out the first chance that he got

Gauthier has been making decisions based on emotion all year and that is why we are where we are. All three of those moves have cost us big time this season and beyond.
Although I don't know if they have cost us big time so to speak, you're right. Extremely reactionary moves by Gauthier this year.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So gauthier makes good moves and is burned at the stake but gainey was a braindead laughing stock and everyone lines up to make excuses. Hab fans deserve whatever they get lol
24 cups looooooooool

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Bob Mckenzie on twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie
Sometimes BMac tweets the most inane stuff. No ****, sherlock. If the rumour IS true, would Molson admit it?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Martin desperately wanted a quarterback on the PP, Gauthier didnt want to sacrifice the youth so he traded for Kaberle, by far his worst trade so far since the guy still have 2 years left to his contract but I see this move as Martin's last chance to get his team going.. Gauthier had to do something to help his coach and it was probably the best option avalaible..
He fired Martin the very next week, so that can't be the reason.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
HomaridII

Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Follow-up: So are you saying there's been no change in power structure? Response: "No change." On Molson being de facto GM: "Not true."

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Did he show restraint when it came time to re-sign Markov? No, he made an emotional decision Non-factual speculation

Did he show restraint when it came time to review the coaching situation? No, he fired Martin and Pearn for no real reason at all Non-factual speculation

Did he show restraint when Cammelleri spoke out? No, he shipped him out the first chance that he got Feaster and Pierre both said that the deal was in the works for over a month.
Also, regarding Martin, he showed phenomenal restraint by giving him another chance to turn the season around.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sometimes BMac tweets the most inane stuff. No ****, sherlock. If the rumour IS true, would Molson admit it?
But we are supposed to believe Tony Marinaro?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It's such a vague question.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:29 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not saying that. Like I said, can't wait to see us trading him for more than Zidlicky's worth. I actually took the day off Monday JUST to see that.
Ook, I have no problem with ppl wanting him gone and talking about how bad he is, but to say that he has no value is just wrong.

And the Zidlicky deal proves that is MTL wanted to trade Kaberle they would get a better return than wtv the Canes might get if they trade Spacek.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
who was gainey's head of pro scouting and did all pro player evaluations before trades, UFA signings etc? especially when he lost his daughter and was absent for long periods of time?
(rhetorical question)

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote