HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tony Marinaro: Molson calling the shots, Gauthier just a figurehead (Molson Denies)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM
  #126
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Geoff Molson @GMolsonCHC

Les rumeurs du congédiement de Pierre Gauthier sont fausses. Rumours of Pierre Gauthier's firing are false.

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM
  #127
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I'm not a fan of Kaberle but how can you say he is worthless. The devils just gave up a lot for Zidlicky who is just as bad as Kaberle defensively, but stopped producing offensively, even with an extra year and 250k more, I bet the Devils would have rather traded those assets for Kaberle not Zidlicky.
then why didn't they?

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:19 PM
  #128
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
And we're in 28th place in the league. I dread to think where we would be if Gauthier didn't CONSTANTLY make good moves.

Anymore of Guathier's good moves and we would be relegated to teh AHL.
I tell you, we are the greatest last place team ever. I keep reading how we had such a great GM in Gainey and such an incredible replacement in Gauthier, you'd think that guys like that who are such incredible guys would make us a better team. But hey, I guess we still have to blame Réjean Houle for it. Still wondering how the heck we can be one of the best draft team and be so average on the ice.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:19 PM
  #129
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yeah he did, he said that Gauthier's only the figurehead now and all the moves are being done by other members.
other members doesn't mean molson making unilateral hockey decisions

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:20 PM
  #130
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I'm not a fan of Kaberle but how can you say he is worthless. The devils just gave up a lot for Zidlicky who is just as bad as Kaberle defensively, but stopped producing offensively, even with an extra year and 250k more, I bet the Devils would have rather traded those assets for Kaberle not Zidlicky.
Not saying that. Like I said, can't wait to see us trading him for more than Zidlicky's worth. I actually took the day off Monday JUST to see that. As far as the Devils that would have wanted Kaberle instead of Zidlicky...what are you saying? That they called the Habs but Gauthier said No? Hey we never know....Kaberle might be an untouchable.....


Last edited by Whitesnake: 02-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:21 PM
  #131
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,265
vCash: 500
So gauthier makes good moves and is burned at the stake but gainey was a braindead laughing stock and everyone lines up to make excuses. Hab fans deserve whatever they get lol

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:22 PM
  #132
pucky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not saying that. Like I said, can't wait to see us trading him for more than Zidlicky's worth. I actually took the day off Monday JUST to see that.
If they can get a pick for Kaberle (providing he doesn't have yet another NTC), they should do so. He's an average dman now with a bit of upside but he's not going to be a mainstay on the Canadiens' D for years to come or anything. They should make a few deals and just improve their prospect potential like they did with Gill.

pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
  #133
not quite yoda
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Qatar
Posts: 3,505
vCash: 500
Bob Mckenzie on twitter:

"I asked Molson if hockey decision-making process/protocol with MTL any different now than at beginning of season? His response: "No."

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
  #134
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
then why didn't they?
Because Mtl isn't looking to trade him, I'm guessing I case Markov gets hurt. Since joining the Habs Kaberle has being putting up points, where as he wasn't with the Canes.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
  #135
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
You're out to lunch. The guy has generally made very good moves and, most importantly, showed restraint where needed.
I have to disagree with you here. While Gauthier has made some good moves, the Gill trade and the Moore trades as examples, he has done some really dumb moves as well, and restraint has certainly not been his saving grace.

Did he show restraint when it came time to re-sign Markov? No, he made an emotional decision

Did he show restraint when it came time to review the coaching situation? No, he fired Martin and Pearn for no real reason at all

Did he show restraint when Cammelleri spoke out? No, he shipped him out the first chance that he got

Gauthier has been making decisions based on emotion all year and that is why we are where we are. All three of those moves have cost us big time this season and beyond.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
  #136
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
I asked Molson if hockey decision-making process/protocol with MTL any different now than at beginning of season? His response: "No."

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
  #137
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
All I want to know is who is the idiot that made the Kaberle trade.
Martin desperately wanted a quarterback on the PP, Gauthier didnt want to sacrifice the youth so he traded for Kaberle, by far his worst trade so far since the guy still have 2 years left to his contract but I see this move as Martin's last chance to get his team going.. Gauthier had to do something to help his coach and it was probably the best option avalaible..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
  #138
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Bob Mckenzie on twitter:

"I asked Molson if hockey decision-making process/protocol with MTL any different now than at beginning of season? His response: "No."
So he's saying he was mastering the puppet befor the season started?

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:25 PM
  #139
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
So now we can add meddling owner to the list of reasons why the Habs suck this season. Awesome...

All-Star is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
  #140
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Because Mtl isn't looking to trade him, I'm guessing I case Markov gets hurt. Since joining the Habs Kaberle has being putting up points, where as he wasn't with the Canes.
If we aren't looking to trade him then that's even more evidence that Gauthier is failing.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
  #141
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I have to disagree with you here. While Gauthier has made some good moves, the Gill trade and the Moore trades as examples, he has done some really dumb moves as well, and restraint has certainly not been his saving grace.

Did he show restraint when it came time to re-sign Markov? No, he made an emotional decision

Did he show restraint when it came time to review the coaching situation? No, he fired Martin and Pearn for no real reason at all

Did he show restraint when Cammelleri spoke out? No, he shipped him out the first chance that he got

Gauthier has been making decisions based on emotion all year and that is why we are where we are. All three of those moves have cost us big time this season and beyond.
Although I don't know if they have cost us big time so to speak, you're right. Extremely reactionary moves by Gauthier this year.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
  #142
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So gauthier makes good moves and is burned at the stake but gainey was a braindead laughing stock and everyone lines up to make excuses. Hab fans deserve whatever they get lol
24 cups looooooooool

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
  #143
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Bob Mckenzie on twitter:

"I asked Molson if hockey decision-making process/protocol with MTL any different now than at beginning of season? His response: "No."

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie
Sometimes BMac tweets the most inane stuff. No ****, sherlock. If the rumour IS true, would Molson admit it?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:26 PM
  #144
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Martin desperately wanted a quarterback on the PP, Gauthier didnt want to sacrifice the youth so he traded for Kaberle, by far his worst trade so far since the guy still have 2 years left to his contract but I see this move as Martin's last chance to get his team going.. Gauthier had to do something to help his coach and it was probably the best option avalaible..
He fired Martin the very next week, so that can't be the reason.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
  #145
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
Follow-up: So are you saying there's been no change in power structure? Response: "No change." On Molson being de facto GM: "Not true."

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:27 PM
  #146
WhiskeySeven
Avatard
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Did he show restraint when it came time to re-sign Markov? No, he made an emotional decision Non-factual speculation

Did he show restraint when it came time to review the coaching situation? No, he fired Martin and Pearn for no real reason at all Non-factual speculation

Did he show restraint when Cammelleri spoke out? No, he shipped him out the first chance that he got Feaster and Pierre both said that the deal was in the works for over a month.
Also, regarding Martin, he showed phenomenal restraint by giving him another chance to turn the season around.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
  #147
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sometimes BMac tweets the most inane stuff. No ****, sherlock. If the rumour IS true, would Molson admit it?
But we are supposed to believe Tony Marinaro?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:28 PM
  #148
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sometimes BMac tweets the most inane stuff. No ****, sherlock. If the rumour IS true, would Molson admit it?
It's such a vague question.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:29 PM
  #149
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not saying that. Like I said, can't wait to see us trading him for more than Zidlicky's worth. I actually took the day off Monday JUST to see that.
Ook, I have no problem with ppl wanting him gone and talking about how bad he is, but to say that he has no value is just wrong.

And the Zidlicky deal proves that is MTL wanted to trade Kaberle they would get a better return than wtv the Canes might get if they trade Spacek.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:29 PM
  #150
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
So gauthier makes good moves and is burned at the stake but gainey was a braindead laughing stock and everyone lines up to make excuses. Hab fans deserve whatever they get lol
who was gainey's head of pro scouting and did all pro player evaluations before trades, UFA signings etc? especially when he lost his daughter and was absent for long periods of time?
(rhetorical question)

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.