HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tony Marinaro: Molson calling the shots, Gauthier just a figurehead (Molson Denies)

Old
02-25-2012, 07:30 PM
WhiskeySeven

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Sometimes BMac tweets the most inane stuff. No ****, sherlock. If the rumour IS true, would Molson admit it?
Well it goes both ways, Marinaro said something totally unverifiable and Mackenzie just tried to verify it and got a solid, resounding answer. Yet there's a thread about the non-credible (at best) Marinaro and you're dismissing Bob Mack?

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Ook, I have no problem with ppl wanting him gone and talking about how bad he is, but to say that he has no value is just wrong.

And the Zidlicky deal proves that is MTL wanted to trade Kaberle they would get a better return than wtv the Canes might get if they trade Spacek.
Which again brings the question.....is Kaberle an untouchable?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Also, regarding Martin, he showed phenomenal restraint by giving him another chance to turn the season around.
The only thing that turned around after the firing of Martin was our playoff chances. They turned around straight into the toilet. The fact of the matter is the closest RC has been to a playoff spot was the day he took the job. I honestly think the utter failure of the coaching change alone is enough to fire Gauthier. But the Markov contract, the lack of even an attempt to sign Wisniewski, the Kaberle trade and the general lack of professionalism that Gauthier has exhibited while trading away players all adds up.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
But we are supposed to believe Tony Marinaro?
I can't stand marinaro, and I won't believe anything he says just because he says it, but what was Bobby Mac's point with those tweets?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

If that's true, then it confirms my worse fears. And you fans better pray Habs are getting another real GM soon before this joke of an owner runs this organization to the ground...again.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Well it goes both ways, Marinaro said something totally unverifiable and Mackenzie just tried to verify it and got a solid, resounding answer. Yet there's a thread about the non-credible (at best) Marinaro and you're dismissing Bob Mack?
Nobody is dismissing Bobby Mac. Yet, again, Gainey called Carbo his best move and fire him 2 months after. So at one point, they can say whatever they want, it doesn't mean it's not happening. How do you want Molson to answer this? By a YES? Pierre Gauthier is no longer calling the shots on his own, we formed a committee, and will be on his back till year's end? How great is this for the future GM's to be?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:33 PM
SnapVirus

**** Marinaro he is a news-*****.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
So now we can add meddling owner to the list of reasons why the Habs suck this season. Awesome...
I don't know if that's true. I mean if we are looking at a GM change, then you are probably looking at a some degree of intervention from ownership for a short period.

We don't know if the rumor is true, or to what degree it is true, and, if true, we don't know how much Molson is meddling or not. No one really knows what is going on. We might as well just enjoy the ride and wait and see what happens at seasons end, instead of panicking.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Craig71

Why can't things ever be simple when it comes to our team? We wonder why the team is dying on the ice. UFAs would probably rather sign with Phoenix and Edmonton than come here. What a mess.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Sometimes BMac tweets the most inane stuff. No ****, sherlock. If the rumour IS true, would Molson admit it?
No ****.

It's funny how CTV played along, and alowed this to be on local news. I mean, must be a first they get some "tv sports personality" to come on and say he has very credible sources, then asked by whoever was next to him how credible they are, and tony responds by saying "Good enough to get me to be here right now". Then goes on to say the rumor. I mean it was FOX style breaking news, Iraq has Yellow Cake type of moment.
Anyways, i'm inclined to belive part of rumor, which is that Ownership is affecting decision making of the GM's job to some extend (IMO higher then most clubs around NHL).
But i would also not be suprised that this insider basically told tony that Molson has to approuve all decisions, which might be something that might only be symbolic to Molson wanting to understand the decision making. (which IMO i would be suprised lol).

Definatly good news clip, gonna go see if i can stream some team 990 and if they are talking about this

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I'm not dismissing him. But asking an NHL owner to confirm or deny rumours is ****ing stupid.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:35 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
The only thing that turned around after the firing of Martin was our playoff chances. They turned around straight into the toilet. The fact of the matter is the closest RC has been to a playoff spot was the day he took the job. I honestly think the utter failure of the coaching change alone is enough to fire Gauthier. But the Markov contract, the lack of even an attempt to sign Wisniewski, the Kaberle trade and the general lack of professionalism that Gauthier has exhibited while trading away players all adds up.
What lack of professionalism!?!?!?

I'm so ****ing sick of this. Gauthier has been anything if not professional. He tells his players the moment he trades them, just so they don't have to hear it when it gets leaked on twitter. He calls them all by their professional name in public. He defends all his players in public, like Markov. He thanks all his players after moving them (except Cammy ).

Wiz wasn't going to stay, we all knew it. The Markov contract was a calculated risk that failed. Which leaves the Kaberle trade, which is honestly the least of our worries.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:35 PM
SB164

What's George Gillett up to these days?

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:36 PM
JackZap

RDS took the Marinaro news off their website..lol

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I completely agree with what you're saying, but to be fair, most fans wanted Martin fired. It was obviously a horrible decision from management's point of view, but it did make sense to a lot of people outside the organization.
Firing Martin wasn't a mistake.

Firing Martin before going on a road trip on a game day and replacing him with an ex-senator loser unilingual anglophone coach with no real experience as NHL head coach was.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:37 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
If that's true, then it confirms my worse fears. And you fans better pray Habs are getting another real GM soon before this joke of an owner runs this organization to the ground...again.
We haven't won anything (nor come close) in 20 years. This year were actually on the path to a top 3 pick and a potential franchise player.

That's closer to right path than anything we've seen here in a long, long time.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Oshawa General

Quote:

I'm so ****ing sick of this. Gauthier has been anything if not professional. He tells his players the moment he trades them, just so they don't have to hear it when it gets leaked on twitter. He calls them all by their professional name in public. He defends all his players in public, like Markov. He thanks all his players after moving them (except Cammy ).

Wiz wasn't going to stay, we all knew it. The Markov contract was a calculated risk that failed. Which leaves the Kaberle trade, which is honestly the least of our worries.
Ask the players their opinion of Gauthier and Martin, find out the opinion of other NHL excutives their opinon of Gauthier, he does not have many fans or allies

Oshawa General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:38 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
I'm not dismissing him. But asking an NHL owner to confirm or deny rumours is ****ing stupid.
Getting Marinaro on CTV to announce a non-news story that is completely unverifiable is ****ing stupid.

The owner himself says that nothing is different this season, the power-structure is the same as it's always been and that Gauthier isn't fired. Marinara says that he's a puppet and Serge Savard might be consulting as GM.

I'm more inclined to trust the one who doesn't look like Fat Tony.

Either you change the thread title to add in BobMack's addendum or you close this. Not that I'm bossing you around dude, but Marinaro does NOT get the upper-hand on Bob Mack.

(was gonna reduce the text I minimized, but I'll keep it to be fair. Sorry about that, was over the line!)

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 02-25-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old
02-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Habitant#1

Quote:
I can't stand marinaro, and I won't believe anything he says just because he says it, but what was Bobby Mac's point with those tweets?
Molson's probably the one who called him and asked him to clear up the situation in exchange for an early scoop next time something comes up. That's how most political news media works and I can only assume it's similar in sports. It would explain how a guy like McKenzie knows things before everyone else.

Habitant#1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawa General View Post
Ask the players their opinion of Gauthier and Martin, find out the opinion of other NHL excutives their opinon of Gauthier, he does not have many fans or allies
Prove it. Who has ever publicly said anything about either one of them? Prove it.

Also, nice that RDS removed the Tony Marinaro news.

Old
smon

Quote:

Seriously??? Gauthier's professionalism?
He traded Cammalleri mid-game. sent him by cab to the hotel and sat him there for an hour until telling him he was traded. He fired Perry Pearn game-day. I'm pretty sure he fired Martin on a practice day...before an extended road trip. He tells players they have been traded but does not tell them where, according to Gill and Spacek.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Pleky Roks

I never listen to anything Marinaro has to say!! He's wrong 99.99% of the time and just says idiotic things to the media to stir the pot when it doesn't need to be stirred.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Lions999

Marinaro standing beside Wilde like a little boy waiting for goodies. What a joke, we've all known for sometime now that's Goats is not making all the calls and eventually he will be replaced and Marinaro will look like he knew what he was talking about. Puts himself in a position that he can't fail...

Lions999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:43 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Getting Marinaro on CTV to announce a non-news story that is completely unverifiable is ****ing stupid.

Either you change the thread title to add in BobMack's addendum or you close this. Not that I'm bossing you around dude, but Marinaro does NOT get the upper-hand on Bob Mack.

The owner himself says that nothing is different this season, the power-structure is the same as it's always been and that Gauthier isn't fired. Marinara says that he's a puppet and Serge Savard might be consulting as GM.

I'm more inclined to trust the one who doesn't look like Fat Tony.
Nixon also told ppl Watergate was ********...

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:43 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Seriously??? Gauthier's professionalism?
He traded Cammalleri mid-game. He fired Perry Pearn game-day. I'm pretty sure he fired Martin on a practice day...before an extended road trip.
So people should be fired whenever smon and Francois Gagnon thinks it's appropriate?

Pearn and Gauthier OBVIOUSLY disagreed with what was ailing the team. They had a meeting that weekend and Gauthier decided to fire Pearn.

Cammy was going to be traded after the Bourque suspension but his comments and Gagnon's ******** news story forced his hand... so he waited till the CGY game started and traded him.

As for Martin... So what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
Nixon also told ppl Watergate was ********...
This is a hockey team, not the leader of the free world in the middle of Nuclear Cold War