HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tony Marinaro: Molson calling the shots, Gauthier just a figurehead (Molson Denies)

Old
02-25-2012, 07:44 PM
LastRide

vCash: 500
Who knows, they are all liars in this organization.

LastRide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:45 PM
not quite yoda

Mckenzie:

Follow-up: So are you saying there's been no change in power structure? Response: "No change." On Molson being de facto GM: "Not true."

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
So he's saying he was mastering the puppet before the season started?
Notice that the pic I posted earlier had the centennial logo on it:

I knew this way before Fat Tony

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Garry Valk

I heard they were in the midst of digging Sam Pollock up. He may be back in charge by Monday, if it stops snowing and they can get back to it.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:49 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
So people should be fired whenever smon and Francois Gagnon thinks it's appropriate?

Pearn and Gauthier OBVIOUSLY disagreed with what was ailing the team. They had a meeting that weekend and Gauthier decided to fire Pearn.

Cammy was going to be traded after the Bourque suspension but his comments and Gagnon's ******** news story forced his hand... so he waited till the CGY game started and traded him.

As for Martin... So what?

This is a hockey team, not the leader of the free world in the middle of Nuclear Cold War
If the President of the free world is going to lie to the world u dont think some idiot running a hockey team wont? Just because the boss tells u **** aint true dont make it the truth. Then again, if u believe everything ppl at the top say, I have a bridge to sell you....

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:49 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Mckenzie:

Follow-up: So are you saying there's been no change in power structure? Response: "No change." On Molson being de facto GM: "Not true."
Whether the rumour is true or not, it's obvious that Molson would say that.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
andy28

Probably some truth to it. Just means all trade deadline decisions are being overseen. I am sure Gauthier would have input as well. And in the end, we would be looking at a new GM.

In the end, no one really knows enough about what goes on at that level that it's not worth worrying about.

andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:52 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Dave Stubbs ‏ @habsinsideout1 #Habs players I've been in touch with tonight tell me they know nothing about a management shakeup
I thought Fat Tony said that Molson spoke with the captains and assistants about this new arrangement in December?

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Good ole Montreal media

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:55 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Big business decisions are usually discussed at the round table.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:55 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
I thought Fat Tony said that Molson spoke with the captains and assistants about this new arrangement in December?
He never said that. He said that he met with some players to get a feel of how things were going in the locker room.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
sheed36

So I guess Mckenzie as made this thread useless..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:58 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Seriously??? Gauthier's professionalism?
He traded Cammalleri mid-game. sent him by cab to the hotel and sat him there for an hour until telling him he was traded. He fired Perry Pearn game-day. I'm pretty sure he fired Martin on a practice day...before an extended road trip. He tells players they have been traded but does not tell them where, according to Gill and Spacek.
I wanna see new management but this is a perfect example of the PG witch hunt. This post is full of BS.

Cammy said he and PG talked and PG told him the reasoning of the trade when he was left behind going into the 3rd period, and Cammy talked about how he appicated it.

Martin and Pearn firing were odd and I don't agree with them, but seeing how both are still working with PG even tho they are paid either way shows that there isn't any hard feelings.

And finally, PG actually does the right thing by telling the player he is traded, but can't say where until its official, it's better to kno you were traded but can't know where to for an hour until its official, as opposed to hearing about the trade via media/twitter before ur GM speaks to u, Carter,Richars this summer, and Jack Johnson just a few days ago

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:58 PM
LastRide

That Gill trade seemed kind of funny to me. How did the Habs get that much for him. PG would have thrown in Patch's just to dump Gill.

LastRide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:00 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Whether the rumour is true or not, it's obvious that Molson would say that.
oh give me a break, with all the bull going on in this thread, written by fans who are over reacting about a coop by a not so reliable tony marinaro.

i think mckenzie is much more legit and you instantly dismiss what he comes up with. i think molson knows more about what is going on with the habs than anyone here does.

conclusion: if gauthier was out of power he woulda been fired by now.

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
What lack of professionalism!?!?!?

I'm so ****ing sick of this. Gauthier has been anything if not professional. He tells his players the moment he trades them, just so they don't have to hear it when it gets leaked on twitter. He calls them all by their professional name in public. He defends all his players in public, like Markov. He thanks all his players after moving them (except Cammy ).

Wiz wasn't going to stay, we all knew it. The Markov contract was a calculated risk that failed. Which leaves the Kaberle trade, which is honestly the least of our worries.
Wiz wasn't going to stay because we never offered him a contract, and no, Gauthier did not say goodbye to Wisniewski after the season. He had no intention of signing him at any point and then waited until th elast possible minute to trade his free agent rights. It was poorly handled. If Gauthier was so professional with the way he trades players why have Spacek and Gill both publicly voiced their displeasure for it? Its obviously not a good way of dealing with personnel.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Good ole Montreal media
This...

No matter who the GM/management are in Mtl, any time the Habs do poorly, media makes it a circus.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
oh give me a break, with all the bull going on in this thread, written by fans who are over reacting about a coop by a not so reliable tony marinaro.

i think mckenzie is much more legit and you instantly dismiss what he comes up with. i think molson knows more about what is going on with the habs than anyone here does.

Unless of course Molson doesn't know who he wants to take over yet. Also, Mackenzie never said that Gauthier no longer has control of the team, he was just relaying what Molson told him.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:02 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
Quote:

Bottom line!!!!

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:03 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Wiz wasn't going to stay because we never offered him a contract, and no, Gauthier did not say goodbye to Wisniewski after the season. He had no intention of signing him at any point and then waited until th elast possible minute to trade his free agent rights. It was poorly handled. If Gauthier was so professional with the way he trades players why have Spacek and Gill both publicly voiced their displeasure for it? Its obviously not a good way of dealing with personnel.
Cammy said he was glad that Gauthier spoke with him. Wiz wasn't in the organization's plans, and everyone knows that he's not worth 6.5m a year or whatever it is he's getting.

You don't have a leg to stand on.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:04 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:

I'm not dismissing McKenzie at all... I'm just saying that a comment like that from Molson was to be expected.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
We haven't won anything (nor come close) in 20 years. This year were actually on the path to a top 3 pick and a potential franchise player.

That's closer to right path than anything we've seen here in a long, long time.
So you think running the Org to the ground is a good thing because we MIGHT get a top 3 pick, who MIGHT turn out to be a franchise player? Sorry to burst your bubble but even a top 3 pick is far far away from winning the Cup. It's more complex than that. A top pick is only a tiny piece to the whole puzzle and by creating a mess, they may have destroyed or tainted other pieces.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Cammy said he was glad that Gauthier spoke with him. Wiz wasn't in the organization's plans, and everyone knows that he's not worth 6.5m a year or whatever it is he's getting.

You don't have a leg to stand on.
Markov doesn't have a leg to stand on, and he got signed for 3 years. As for Wiz, he signed for 5.5 million a year. I would have been fine with that. Would have been a much wiser investment than Markov that's for sure.

Old
02-25-2012, 08:07 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Markov doesn't have a leg to stand on, and he got signed for 3 years. As for Wiz, he signed for 5.5 million a year. I would have been fine with that. Would have been a much wiser investment than Markov that's for sure.
Most Habs fans knew Wiz was looking for a payday and he was not, and still is not worth 5.5m a year.

As for Markov, if we let him go and he didn't have surgical complications, I think I'd know what tune you'd be singing

Old
02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Habs13

Why does everything about this team have to be so full of ****ing drama? Holy hell, this is funny.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote