HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline pt 3 - (Feb 27th at 2 PM CST) Can a brother get a top 30 forward ?

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 500
Wolski already paying off for Florida, got a tying goal vs. Carolina tonight.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Just a thought,

What if Poile has a plan to land a big time forward or two. It falls through and is ten mins until deadline. Any chance he has a deal lined up in case of emergency and deals suter?? If he can't get that big time forward??

I mean with gill, suter for another good defenseman and offensive stud still looks good Plus probably more. Just s thought, I wanna keep suter
I don't see why Poile would trade Suter just because he isn't able to get a big time forward, as you categorized it.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:03 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't see why Poile would trade Suter just because he isn't able to get a big time forward, as you categorized it.
I just mean because without a big time forward odds are we don't go far in playoffs based ok statistics. And if we do not get that big forward and do bad in playoffs, suter (a huge asset) walks for nothing. Can we afford that to happen??

I mean I think we should be all out and keep suter for cup run, but also don't want to lose an asset like suter if Poile is not able to make us an 'elite' team and truly challenge for a cup.

Just a thought, think he may have backup plan in case nothing is done offensively?

Old
02-25-2012, 10:07 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Just a thought,

What if Poile has a plan to land a big time forward or two. It falls through and is ten mins until deadline. Any chance he has a deal lined up in case of emergency and deals suter?? If he can't get that big time forward??

I mean with gill, suter for another good defenseman and offensive stud still looks good Plus probably more. Just s thought, I wanna keep suter
I'm a fairly big Poile supporter, but I would be the first one calling for his head if he pulled something like this. The chance of losing Suter for nothing is in no way worth pulling the rug out from under this team heading toward the final stretch.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:12 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I just mean because without a big time forward odds are we don't go far in playoffs based ok statistics. And if we do not get that big forward and do bad in playoffs, suter (a huge asset) walks for nothing. Can we afford that to happen??

I mean I think we should be all out and keep suter for cup run, but also don't want to lose an asset like suter if Poile is not able to make us an 'elite' team and truly challenge for a cup.

Just a thought, think he may have backup plan in case nothing is done offensively?
Again, I highly doubt it. If Suter walks for nothing then Poile will look at it as having picked up Suter as a rental for a Cup run without giving up anything. There's no sense in further weakening our blueline to improve an already good offense.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

damn just thinking about rick nash in a pred jersey has my hot and bothered. the price would be steep, but we would be LOADED for this year and beyond.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:47 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
It's looking like NY for a much weaker package. I don't mind. If true, that's a ton for the Preds to offer.
They moved Wolski earlier today, I sorta figure that means they were clearing out cap space for Nash.

Of course, it might have nothing to do with value and simply that we weren't a market Nash wanted to play in.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:48 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Another win. I'm really starting to think Poile doesnt need to pull a big move.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:50 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Another win. I'm really starting to think Poile doesnt need to pull a big move.
"Oh, the team won a game, so we shouldn't try to get better!"

We absolutely need to make a move. Just because we're having success doesn't mean we don't have flaws and issues that need to be resolved.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
"Oh, the team won a game, so we shouldn't try to get better!"

We absolutely need to make a move. Just because we're having success doesn't mean we don't have flaws and issues that need to be resolved.
This is true, though unfortunately it doesn't seem to prevent the cries for a 'finisher' or a 'sniper' every time we lose.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:29 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Apparently Boclair is reporting that the Preds put in a bid for Nash .... now to see if it happens or not.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:39 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Apparently Boclair is reporting that the Preds put in a bid for Nash .... now to see if it happens or not.
wilson + ellis + lindback + high picks for nash ....

umm no? way too much

Old
02-26-2012, 12:39 AM
thomas magnum

I had too much to drink tonight and I'm about to pee myself but I read the last couple of pages with rumors about Nash because I'm so excited. I don't see why Poile would put in an offer if he isn't one of the teams listed on his trade list but who knows. But damn this has me excited if this rumor is true. I know that it would be a lot to give up to get Nash but he is exactly the type of player we need. Let's do this!

Old
02-26-2012, 12:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post

umm no? way too much
Give me a break. It all but guarantees that 6/20 stay, at which point you still have Josi and then Ekholm--Ellis isnt even missed. The first is a bottom third pick in a top heavy draft, Laakso/Lindback(I've heard both)--doesn't hurt us. Its basically Wilson that stings but for Nash--uh, see ya Colin.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:46 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post

umm no? way too much
When Poile doesn't go after a guy like Nash, he gets roasted here. When he does go after him with the type offer it will take to have a chance at being successful, he gets roasted for it being "too much". If those making the repeated demands for a top three are serious, they need to accept the extremely simple fact that such players are expensive. If they're not willing to see Poile part with the assets needed for that type of transaction, don't demand that type of player in trade.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
When Poile doesn't go after a guy like Nash, he gets roasted here. When he does go after him with the type offer it will take to have a chance at being successful, he gets roasted for it being "too much". If those making the repeated demands for a top three are serious, they need to accept the extremely simple fact that such players are expensive. If they're not willing to see Poile part with the assets needed for that type of transaction, don't demand that type of player in trade.
I completely agree. Further, as btn states above, it's not really a package with any pieces we can't afford to lose either, when considering the return. I still would prefer we pass on Nash, but it is definitely poised to be an exciting weekend with this development.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Pretty sure I said I am all for this deal and I am probably the most vocal about getting a guy like Nash

Old
02-26-2012, 01:12 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
look.. you dont have to post a rebuttal of these sorts in every thread.. its way too much for nash, period. especially considering the rangers rumored offer. I would love nash on our team.. im not gonna roast poile if he gets nash or no one. i know he is trying.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I completely agree. Further, as btn states above, it's not really a package with any pieces we can't afford to lose either, when considering the return. I still would prefer we pass on Nash, but it is definitely poised to be an exciting weekend with this development.
I want a top 6, but not sure I'd like to pay this much when others could be had cheaper. With some of the teams who were previously trying to make the playoffs falling back now...there might be more reason to move players (Grabovski) comes to mind here...Leafs just lost and could be dropping out of the race.

Either way, I think Nash has a couple things he could add that will shore-up our offense this year and years to come.

Weber/Suter would re-sign with a move like this...if we lose Wilson...remember Radulov is probably coming back next year...Nash and Radulov together? Look out opposing teams.

I like this because it's just 1 roster player being moved and not 2 or more. Many CBJ fans wanted something like Wilson + Lindback + Josi + 1st. Right now we might be able to do this with only touching 1 roster spot and then replacing it with Nash.

It also makes sense on the salary, the exchange is minimal for the Preds..meaning we'd have room in FA to pick-up even more people and re-sign others to long-term deals.

NASH-ville...nuff said baby

Downside:

We would have to upgrade Chet Pickard to back-up goalie, but we'd still have 7 picks this year in the draft.

-------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated note: Anyway if we send Lindback instead of Laakso that we turn around and pick-up a back-up goalie with another trade?

Old
02-26-2012, 01:16 AM
randymc2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
I want a top 6, but not sure I'd like to pay this much when others could be had cheaper. With some of the teams who were previously trying to make the playoffs falling back now...there might be more reason to move players (Grabovski) comes to mind here...Leafs just lost and could be dropping out of the race.

Either way, I think Nash has a couple things he could add that will shore-up our offense this year and years to come.

Weber/Suter would re-sign with a move like this...if we lose Wilson...remember Radulov is probably coming back next year...Nash and Radulov together? Look out opposing teams.

I like this because it's just 1 roster player being moved and not 2 or more. Many CBJ fans wanted something like Wilson + Lindback + Josi + 1st. Right now we might be able to do this with only touching 1 roster spot and then replacing it with Nash.

It also makes sense on the salary, the exchange is minimal for the Preds..meaning we'd have room in FA to pick-up even more people and re-sign others to long-term deals.

Downside:

We would have to upgrade Chet Pickard to back-up goalie, but we'd still have 7 picks this year in the draft.

Unrelated note: Anyway if we send Lindback instead of Laakso that we turn around and pick-up a back-up goalie with another trade?
Promote Chet Pickard? Maybe to backup-goalie in Milwaukee, he's 5th on the depth chart at best, maybe 6th.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:18 AM
maplepred

Can anyone confirm the Ellis, Wilson, Lindback and first(s) rumour is true?? And if it is true, not a chance jackets say no

Old
02-26-2012, 01:21 AM
randymc2641

Quote:
Can anyone confirm the Ellis, Wilson, Lindback and first(s) rumour is true?? And if it is true, not a chance jackets say no
Heard Laakso for Lindback originally. They do seem to like our backup goalies.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post

Downside:

Not to sound a skeptic, but I don't believe that acquiring Nash is any guarantee that Suter/Weber stay. I also don't have any confidence that Radulov is truly coming back until I see pictures of him at Training Camp next summer. I think basing anything off of either of those assumptions is a very dangerous game.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:31 AM
predwings

Quote:
Not to sound a skeptic, but I don't believe that acquiring Nash is any guarantee that Suter/Weber stay. I also don't have any confidence that Radulov is truly coming back until I see pictures of him at Training Camp next summer. I think basing anything off of either of those assumptions is a very dangerous game.
Yes, risk taking is inherently failure-prone. Otherwise, it would be called sure-thing-taking. ~Tim McMahon

Radulov may or may not come back...but all signs seem to point to his return..if he doesn't then we just sign someone during the FA period...we will still have cap space to make a deal. There is a large group coming out this off-season with some great potential..maybe we can grab someone like Grabovski then instead of now.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:31 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
We could trade away 3 pieces of the future - Wilson, Ellis, and the 1st rounder. Even with Nash, we could exit in the 2nd or 3rd round and Suter may still leave. Then we've lost Suter AND the pieces in the trade. Not saying I wouldn't do it, but it is a gamble with no assurances that Suter will stay. Without Suter and Weber demanding a commitment, I don't think Poile ever makes an offer for Nash. All of the risk lies with the organization and it's fan base (we do pay the bills for this team). If we make this move and Suter still walks, he will be the most hated man in the NHL.

Closed Thread