HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Update: Ellis scheduled to return to Nashville Monday morning

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2012, 10:35 PM
  #1
theoneandonly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
Update: Ellis scheduled to return to Nashville Monday morning

Ellis is on his way back to Nashville. Looks like there is some sort of deal about to go down

theoneandonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:38 PM
  #2
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,032
vCash: 500
Unless Klein is hurt from the boarding.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:45 PM
  #3
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
deal in the morning/afternoon possibly

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:50 PM
  #4
zellthemedic
Registered User
 
zellthemedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
I'm going to say it's a Klein injury.


Last edited by ThirdManIn: 02-26-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: zell knows why
zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:52 PM
  #5
predwings
Registered User
 
predwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brentwood/Las Vegas
Country: United States
Posts: 571
vCash: 500
I'm thinking Klein has a concussion and will be out for a week or two. I'd expect to see Ellis back in the pairings with Boullion.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:53 PM
  #6
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
Good, shouldn't have been sent down in the first place.

Deal in the works? Probably not.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:54 PM
  #7
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
I didn't watch the game till the 3rd.. didn't know klein was injured?

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
  #8
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
I didn't watch the game till the 3rd.. didn't know klein was injured?

He got boarded pretty good. Got up and slapped at the guy like a *****. He continued to play. He made some good plays and a couple of his normal bone headed mistakes on the same token.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:19 PM
  #9
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Good, shouldn't have been sent down in the first place.

Deal in the works? Probably not.
What did Trotz have to say when you called him?

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:23 PM
  #10
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,534
vCash: 500
oh nevermind.. didn't realize klein's injury.. if no injuries, something is definitely up

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:26 PM
  #11
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
What did Trotz have to say when you called him?
This is an excellent mission, sir, with an extremely valuable objective, sir, worthy of my best efforts, sir. Moreover, I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and am willing to lay down my life and the lives of my men...especially you, Reiben...to ease her suffering

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:31 PM
  #12
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
This is an excellent mission, sir, with an extremely valuable objective, sir, worthy of my best efforts, sir. Moreover, I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and am willing to lay down my life and the lives of my men...especially you, Reiben...to ease her suffering
What???????????

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:31 PM
  #13
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
This is an excellent mission, sir, with an extremely valuable objective, sir, worthy of my best efforts, sir. Moreover, I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and am willing to lay down my life and the lives of my men...especially you, Reiben...to ease her suffering
Wow lol

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:31 PM
  #14
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
One hell of a non sequitur.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:04 AM
  #15
adsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
What???????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
This is an excellent mission, sir, with an extremely valuable objective, sir, worthy of my best efforts, sir. Moreover, I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and am willing to lay down my life and the lives of my men...especially you, Reiben...to ease her suffering
Saving Private Ryan. Excellent quote DiNozzo.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:43 AM
  #16
Predsboro
Registered User
 
Predsboro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 316
vCash: 500
I think they sent Ellis down to get extra playing time in Milwaukee and now are bringing him back up as the roster moves are limited to a certain number post-TDL.

Still hope a move is imminent ... why move Smithson if not?

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:38 AM
  #17
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
I think they sent Ellis down to get extra playing time in Milwaukee and now are bringing him back up as the roster moves are limited to a certain number post-TDL.

Still hope a move is imminent ... why move Smithson if not?
Milwaukee has a game tomorrow and the deadline isn't until Monday so it wouldn't count against roster allotment.

IMO, Ellis is being held out to protect him as an asset. Hillen is here to fill in for Klein if needed for the short term.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:50 AM
  #18
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Good, shouldn't have been sent down in the first place.

Deal in the works? Probably not.
Yeah, cause playing the past two nights instead of sitting in the press box tonight was really harmful to his development...

In case you hadn't noticed, the Preds PP without Ellis out there moved up to 1st overall in efficiency tonight...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:06 AM
  #19
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Yeah, cause playing the past two nights instead of sitting in the press box tonight was really harmful to his development...

In case you hadn't noticed, the Preds PP without Ellis out there moved up to 1st overall in efficiency tonight...
yeah, but....ellis would put us above number one. he would put our power play on the moon

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:56 AM
  #20
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
He got boarded pretty good. Got up and slapped at the guy like a *****. He continued to play. He made some good plays and a couple of his normal bone headed mistakes on the same token.
We must have watched two different games. What I saw was Handzus extending his hand and asking if Klein was ok, and then Klein essentially putting his hand out for balance/to confirm he was, in fact, all right. There were no slaps...

I'm with SLake on this one. I think Ellis was brought up to be protected in case a trade goes down (specifically the Nash trade). You don't hold him off of the ice just because you have a hunch that something may happen, but when it gets down to crunch time, you have a potential deal on the table, and Ellis has a game coming up that could lead to an injury you pull him out of that game to be safe.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:11 AM
  #21
VFL615*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Middle Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
We must have watched two different games. What I saw was Handzus extending his hand and asking if Klein was ok, and then Klein essentially putting his hand out for balance/to confirm he was, in fact, all right. There were no slaps...

I'm with SLake on this one. I think Ellis was brought up to be protected in case a trade goes down (specifically the Nash trade). You don't hold him off of the ice just because you have a hunch that something may happen, but when it gets down to crunch time, you have a potential deal on the table, and Ellis has a game coming up that could lead to an injury you pull him out of that game to be safe.
Where you at this game or were you watching a live feed in non HD on your laptop?

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
  #22
WartracePred
Registered User
 
WartracePred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,032
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Where you at this game or were you watching a live feed in non HD on your laptop?
I agree with TMI. I was watching the game at home in HD on my 60 in TV. I slowed the play down and watched it a couple of times. Klein looked dazed, but he didn't slap at the Shark. Looked like he turned and asked the guy, WTF?? Then slowly skated away from the play, presumably to the bench.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:44 AM
  #23
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
I agree with TMI. I was watching the game at home in HD on my 60 in TV. I slowed the play down and watched it a couple of times. Klein looked dazed, but he didn't slap at the Shark. Looked like he turned and asked the guy, WTF?? Then slowly skated away from the play, presumably to the bench.
Yeah I agree with this too.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:04 PM
  #24
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
According to Aaron Sims's latest tweet
Quote:
@SFordy4 got IV this am. WILL play. Ryan Ellis was expected to go back to Nash. He's here & in lineup 4 @mkeadmirals. Listen now @1250WSSP.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:58 PM
  #25
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,188
vCash: 500
Does that mean Poile is done dealing OR the deal has been changed ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.