HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours VIII: Nash-ing out the final details

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
If Nashville can pull it off, more power to them. I'm comfortable with the rumored current offer. If that doesn't land him I'm fine with that.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:50 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
So my money is still on "stays in Columbus". Any takers?

02-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Emptyvoid

Well I don't want Sather to even bother trying to up Nashville's offer (if the rumor is true).

Good for them, stay away from Nash Sather and look for other options. Gaustad and vet D.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:56 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
3 years is too long? Nash's contract is 1 trillion times worse than St.Louis. And St. Louis is on pace for more points at age 36 than Nash's career high. IMHO, we want a cup now without sacrificing the future, MSL is the way to go.
MSL's contract is far more manageable, yes. Looking at his stats makes him very tempting, but don't forget he's playing with Steven Stamkos. 35+ contract too... If he's had for cheap and we strike out on Nash it's not a terrible plan B.

If only Anaheim was sucking right now. Bobby Ryan could be had for the same cap hit. Sure he'd cost more, but Ryan is much more the player we need.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:57 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
So my money is still on "stays in Columbus". Any takers?
My money is with yours.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:58 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
The city is basically named after him...
LOL

Old
02-25-2012, 11:58 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Nashville isn't even on Nash's list. They can offer the moon, he's not gonna waive his NMC.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Ogrodnick View Post
I don't think Nash wants to go to Nashville, so they won't have to.
Well if he wants out of Columbus that badly and none of the other teams he's been linked to offer up the package Howson is demanding for him he might be willing to.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:00 AM
elliot878

Well, if that Nashville proposal is true, I'm definitely with everyone in hoping that Sather doesn't try and beat that offer.

As to whether Nash would want to play in Nashville... he signed a long term deal to stay in freaking Columbus. I've never been to Nashville, but I've heard great things from a lot of people who have been. Definitely an upgrade over Columbus as far as living... might just have to hold out hope that Nash would want to play in a city where hockey is actually appreciated among a lot of residents.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:05 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Nashville's offer makes no sense, they can't afford Nash and expect to keep Weber/Suter, they could end up losing both. There is no salary going to CLB either.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:07 AM
racer90

after seeing Cally's goal tonight, im thinking we don't need big daddy kevin Nash anymore.
better to not deal at all in this case.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:08 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Nashville's offer makes no sense, they can't afford Nash and expect to keep Weber/Suter, they could end up losing both. There is no salary going to CLB either.
Perhaps they already plan on losing one of them?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:09 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer90 View Post
after seeing Cally's goal tonight, im thinking we don't need big daddy kevin Nash anymore.
better to not deal at all in this case.
I'm not a huge proponent of dealing for Nash, but we're definitely kidding ourselves if we don't think we still need more offense. Perhaps Sather has a couple lesser options on hold.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:12 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Perhaps they already plan on losing one of them?
Money is tight in Nashville, there is no way they were planning to nickel and dime weber and suter to the point where they'd lose one, but are going to commit 7.8 million to nash, who isnt as good as suter or weber, and would clearly cost more.

Doesn't add up at all.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
MSL's contract is far more manageable, yes. Looking at his stats makes him very tempting, but don't forget he's playing with Steven Stamkos. 35+ contract too... If he's had for cheap and we strike out on Nash it's not a terrible plan B.

If only Anaheim was sucking right now. Bobby Ryan could be had for the same cap hit. Sure he'd cost more, but Ryan is much more the player we need.
MSL is not a 35+ contract. He's 36 but he signed the contract before he turned 35.

He's got 2 years left at a $5.625 cap hit. Given his production, close relationship with Torts and proven big game ability I would love to see him here. In fact given that he will cost less than Nash in assets, has only two years to run on his ticket and knows the drill with the coach, I'd prefer to have him. I floated his name a few times and so have 1 or 2 other astute posters. It really comes own to how long a rebuild Yzerman is contemplating in Tampa. If he expects top bounce back next year, then MSL probably stays. If thinking longer term, he may, may just be available.

Last edited by bobbop: 02-26-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Old
02-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Money is tight in Nashville, there is no way they were planning to nickel and dime weber and suter to the point where they'd lose one, but are going to commit 7.8 million to nash, who isnt as good as suter or weber, and would clearly cost more.

Doesn't add up at all.
Because Nashville is looking to spend more money. They've been looking to do that since last season ended. The ownership is in a solid situation and the fan base has been there the last few years. The ownership has said that they want to invest more into the team. Things are changing there.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:20 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
MSL is not a 35+ contract. He's 36 but he signed the contract before he turned 35.
Well this changes things a bit.

Fire up the phones Slats!

Old
02-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
That's not correct. It doesn't matter what age a player is when they sign the deal. It only matters what age the player will be when the deal kicks in. MSL turned 36 last June. His contract kicked in at the beginning of this season, back in October. It is a 35+ deal.

Same thing happened with the Flyers and Pronger.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:24 AM
we want the cup 94

im a die hard Ranger Fan . i have been since i was 7 years old . I remember what we gave up during the 94 season for that Final push . We are right there 18 years later but we are still missing something . Im not saying Nash is what we are missing but the Guy is a top 10 talent . He may only be on Track for 70 pts or whatever this year but look what he is playing with . You put him on this team for a full season and he gets easy 90-110 pts.
You have to give to get .... by no means am i saying MDZ or MCD... I would start with dubi , C Thomas , erixon , 1st and two 3rds for Nash and there 2nd ..
If they dont budge and they want another player AA, Dubi , V tank , C THOMAS 1ST 4th
Nash + 2nd

its tough giving up on home grown talent but you need to give to get . we have all this space adding nash wont hurt it would help . We are a amazing team but on the power play we cant hit a wide open net . Hank is having an amazing once in a lifetime season . lets stop feeling bad for Dubi man up and go for it . i want to be standing downtown watching parade floats floating by on a nice summer day in the city . we as Ranger fans waited long enough .

So Slats if you can read this ... If you dont have to give up McD mdZ or Ds ... or Ck .... Go for it and worry about everything eles come summer time ...... we want the CuP

Old
02-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
That's not correct. It doesn't matter what age a player is when they sign the deal. It only matters what age the player will be when the deal kicks in. MSL turned 36 last June. His contract kicked in at the beginning of this season, back in October. It is a 35+ deal.

This is correct. It's a 35+ contract, but I'd still deal Anisimov and picks for him over dealing Dubinsky + prospects + picks for 7.8 mil Nash, if he's at all available, which he probably isn't. I think he also has a partial NTC that he'd have to agree to waive, and not sure he would, even with the Richards/Torts connection and the Rangers being in contention.

Sure, stranger things have happened, but this is a complete long shot. If I was Yzerman, I'd be keeping MSL unless it was extreme overpayment.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
This is correct. It's a 35+ contract, but I'd still deal Anisimov and picks for him over dealing Dubinsky + prospects + picks for 7.8 mil Nash, if he's at all available, which he probably isn't. I think he also has a partial NTC that he'd have to agree to waive, and not sure he would, even with the Richards/Torts connection and the Rangers being in contention.
Full NMC.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:32 AM
we want the cup 94

Something has to be up why open up cap space for no reason . Im sure he could of packaged something with WW to balance out Salary if he didnt already have somthing on the table . Slats knows we need more Scoring we cant go on with this powerplay the way it is .....

Old
02-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Something has to be up why open up cap space for no reason . Im sure he could of packaged something with WW to balance out Salary if he didnt already have somthing on the table . Slats knows we need more Scoring we cant go on with this powerplay the way it is .....
They dumped Wolski because he wasn't playing and they got a third round pick back for him. It doesn't necessarily need to have anything to do with another move.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Wolski wasn't playing here. Trading him for ahl depth and a pick isn't opening cap space for no reason. I'm sure he has other deals he's looking to make other than Nash.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post

Damn. Thought we had a loophole for a second. On second thought, hold on the phones, Sather.

Closed Thread