HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours VIII: Nash-ing out the final details

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 12:37 AM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Why are you guys talking about MSL? Is that just a suggestion or is there a rumor about a trade?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:39 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

OT... mods feel free to delete.

What is with posters these days and not reading? Most of the time, when someone asks a question lately, the answer is somewhere in the thread and usually within a few pages, at most. Also, if you see someone ask a question and it isn't the final post on the page you're reading... scroll down and see if someone answered it!

And yeah, the phrase "pissing in the wind" comes to mind when thinking about that.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:56 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why are you guys talking about MSL? Is that just a suggestion or is there a rumor about a trade?
just someone's suggestion. personally, as good as MSL is, i'll pass.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:57 AM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Full NMC.
You wouldn't risk it for 2 years of him? The risk isnt that extreme in my opinion..he's never been injury prone, he's in great shape...still shifty as all hell and still productive. Also one of my favorite players. He'd be so good for us it's not even funny.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

What is with posters these days and not reading? Most of the time, when someone asks a question lately, the answer is somewhere in the thread and usually within a few pages, at most. Also, if you see someone ask a question and it isn't the final post on the page you're reading... scroll down and see if someone answered it!

And yeah, the phrase "pissing in the wind" comes to mind when thinking about that.
Some guy came up with a proposal. That doesn't answer my question. As that could just be a suggestion or there could be a rumor. In the time you wrote your diatribe you could have just answered my question.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:00 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
You wouldn't risk it for 2 years of him? The risk isnt that extreme in my opinion..he's never been injury prone, he's in great shape...still shifty as all hell and still productive. Also one of my favorite players. He'd be so good for us it's not even funny.
I'm not interested in dealing major assets for short term players. Is he even available?

Old
02-26-2012, 01:01 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
just someone's suggestion. personally, as good as MSL is, i'll pass.
Thank you for answering my question.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:03 AM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:

Why do you care?

Sorry, that many people don't have the time to sit through and read through multiple pages worth of posts.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:15 AM
smoneil

Quote:

Normally I would agree with you, but these Nash threads are something else. When I'm posting in these threads, I try to make sure that my conversations have an actual ending since I know that, when I return to the forum later, it will be a pain to re-find where I left off. You'd need hours and hours of spare time to sift through all these threads. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it on here (including the Richards/Kovalchuck threads).

Old
02-26-2012, 01:15 AM
NYRKING30

the never ending roller coaster continues....

so it seems like plan b now which is more then fine with me as i never wanted rick nash if it wasn't on our terms like most of you. if the rumor of nashvilles enormous offer are true, i dont want nash at all. i have faith in sather and im sure he will not up his offer. oh well, you know that will tell you truly that glen sather has changed.

MSL is an interesting choice, i wonder if stevie y considers moving him. who else is out there? it looks like if we acquire anyone, it wont be a rental type as it seems those options are running out or already are out. i guess it could be for player under contract, or stand pat?

Old
02-26-2012, 01:37 AM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
That's not correct. It doesn't matter what age a player is when they sign the deal. It only matters what age the player will be when the deal kicks in. MSL turned 36 last June. His contract kicked in at the beginning of this season, back in October. It is a 35+ deal.

Same thing happened with the Flyers and Pronger.
You are right and I am wrong. I thought contract was started a year earlier.

Nevertheless, I still move on MSL if I can.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:01 AM
SkinneeJ

Nash + 2012 1st for the rights to Mike Keenan + 2014 5th (from Phoenix) + the remaining supply of Erik Christensen autographed hockey pucks

Old
02-26-2012, 02:04 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I would deal for MSL in a heartbeat. Still a top 5 playmaker in the league. He's in Datsyuk, Crosby, Malkin, Sedin territory when it comes to creating high quality scoring chances for himself and his teammates. He's also in phenomenal shape and an incredibly heady player, and I think he can remain effective for another 3-4 seasons. Just look at Ray Whitney, who has always been something of a lesser MSL. He's even older, and he's still playing very, very well.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:27 AM
17futurecap

Here is the latest from Larry Brooks on this early Sunday morning, seems we will find out one way or another today.

Quote:
The trade deadline is 3 p.m. tomorrow, but Rangers general manager Glen Sather will attempt to resolve the issue today with Columbus counterpart Scott Howson, who has continued to demand an unreasonable bounty from the Eastern Conference leaders in exchange for the 27-year-old power winger who carries a cap hit of $7.8 million through 2017-18.

One informed source told The Post that Sather has held firm in his refusal to send 2009 first-rounder Chris Kreider, the Boston College winger who is regarded as a can’t-miss prospect, to the Blue Jackets for Nash. Neither will the general manager agree to move young blue-line chips Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto.

A second source told The Post that Sather has agreed to include 21-year-old defenseman Tim Erixon in the package that would go to Columbus in exchange for Nash, who has indicated a willingness to waive his no-move clause for a deal to a select number of big-market teams.

It is unclear whether Sather is willing include 2012 first-rounder J.T. Miller in the package for Nash that would include Brandon Dubinsky, a future first-rounder, and likely at least another well-regarded prospect.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1nTTiQfSX

Last edited by 17futurecap: 02-26-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old
02-26-2012, 02:30 AM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Waiting suxx :/

Old
02-26-2012, 02:50 AM
alves

I would be very happy if we somehow traded for MSL. Guy can still play and is top 10 playmaker in the NHL to this day.

As for Nash:

kinda want/at times do not want

Old
02-26-2012, 03:26 AM
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it

parise in the off season or even a staal and other parts trade for nash in june is preferable to messing with the unit that got us to this point, unless its current whipping boy brian boyle, hes been hard to watch this season egad!

Old
02-26-2012, 03:35 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23isforDeBlois View Post
parise in the off season or even a staal and other parts trade for nash in june is preferable to messing with the unit that got us to this point, unless its current whipping boy brian boyle, hes been hard to watch this season egad!
Except that's infinitely worse than a Dubi trade.

Old
02-26-2012, 03:41 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Here is the latest from Larry Brooks on this early Sunday morning, seems we will find out one way or another today.
Hmm...maybe. Or just a juicy Brooks Sunday NYR story.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:47 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I can't wait til tuesday...

Old
02-26-2012, 05:12 AM
Victory*
We're Still In It

Seems like the final offer will be Erixon, Duby, Miller/Thomas, and a first. And maybe a 3rd for good measure.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:15 AM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post

Well to get a high quality player like Nash you have to give CBJ something in return.
You cant give them Anisimov,Erixon,Dubinsky, Boyle,(earlier Wolski), Hagelin or Mitchell. To get Nash either MDZ,MCD or Kreider has to go. Or else this trade wont happen. Just my opinion.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:44 AM
Vitto79

ack

I can live with Dubinsky, Erixon, Zuccarello, 1st........anything more I will be a little peeved

Old
02-26-2012, 05:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

St.Louis is a 35 plus contract. He turned 35 on 6/18/10. He signed the extension on 7/1/10. Cap Geek has him listed a 35 plus player. The Bruins didn't know the 35 plus rule. The Bruins thought because Thomas was under 35 when he signed his contract,it wouldn't be considered a 35 plus contract but

Quote:
When a player signs a new deal after his 35th birthday, per the collective bargaining agreement (CBA), although he can be bought out (at a two-thirds reduction in pay), his cap number can not be deleted from the club's salary commitments.

For next year, and for either two or three more years, Thomas will be on Boston's books for some $5 million a year. But because he has signed the deal before age 35, the Bruins have the safeguard -- that they would want to execute it -- to be able to buy him out at any time, cut their dollar commitment by one-third, and be able to spread the payments over twice the remaining term of the deal. It is a significant safeguard.
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/..._inks_new.html

Wrong

Old
02-26-2012, 05:57 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Columbus is a moving target. They don't know what they really want for their player. Howson has been GM of that team since 2007. He has had 5 drafts and off-seasons to put his plan in place. Last week,he said you need players who compete to win in the NHL. Now he just figured that out? Where was he the previous 5 years? So he wants everything. When you acquiesce his demands. He wants more. The Rangers should move on.

Closed Thread