HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread VII

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2012, 04:59 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

vCash: 500
Mason Raymond... lol. It'd be a sad day if the organization were to get him in a deal for Brown.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Would you trade Dustin Brown for a package like Mason Raymond, Nicklas Jensen and a pick?

I would consider it!
Wow.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:00 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I'd rather the team pay for Brown to sit on the bench than see him in a Canucks jersey.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Never want to see Brown in a Canucks jersey, hate the Canucks more than any other team.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:23 PM
livingminimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
This offseason it seems like Tampa's surely going to take a run at trading for Schneider or Bernier. On draft day, we can profit big.
I like this line of thought.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Never want to see Brown in a Canucks jersey, hate the Canucks more than any other team.
This. Lubo as a duck is bad enough but that would pale in comparison to Brown as a Cancuck!

Old
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Trade Bernier in the offseason, perhaps on draft day, to TB for a 1st in 2012 or 2013 and a 2nd in 2012 (I believe they have three 2nd round selections). This way the Kings can replenish their pipeline and maybe sign a less expensive backup to play behind Quick. Kings then lock up Quick to a multi-year extension during the summer.

Old
02-25-2012, 06:16 PM
redcard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Trade Bernier in the offseason, perhaps on draft day, to TB for a 1st in 2012 or 2013 and a 2nd in 2012 (I believe they have three 2nd round selections). This way the Kings can replenish their pipeline and maybe sign a less expensive backup to play behind Quick. Kings then lock up Quick to a multi-year extension during the summer.
Send Bernier to NYI for Moulson.....that'll guarantee Quick re-signs.

Old
02-25-2012, 06:44 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Would you trade Dustin Brown for a package like Mason Raymond, Nicklas Jensen and a pick?

I would consider it!

Brown on the Canucks? As if they don't have enough divers already.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Jim Fox stated during the post game show that he thinks the Kings will make a minor move. He said it in a "matter of fact" type of tone, so he probably knows what's up. Don't expect another big move from the Kings.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I'm expecting a bottom 6 type move. Like Halpern, except less suck.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
02-25-2012, 11:03 PM
outofrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I'm expecting a bottom 6 type move. Like Halpern, except less suck.
Haha, me too. Happy that Brown put those rumors to rest.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm hoping the Kings land Moen and Moen performs just as he did the last time he was with the Ducks. The Kings need that type of winger on their third line. Then again, I thought the third line tonight with Penner-Stoll-Lewis was very solid, but who knows for how long we'll see them perform well consistently.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:36 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

No trading with the Canucks.

Hate that team and their fans.

End of story.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Jim Fox stated during the post game show that he thinks the Kings will make a minor move. He said it in a "matter of fact" type of tone, so he probably knows what's up. Don't expect another big move from the Kings.
I'm thinking it's something very underwhelming on our side. Like trading Richardson (healthy scratch tonight and upcoming ufa) for a pick

Old
02-26-2012, 12:21 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpunk View Post
I'm thinking it's something very underwhelming on our side. Like trading Richardson (healthy scratch tonight and upcoming ufa) for a pick
I agree.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:23 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Getting a quality bottom six guy would be good. Right now the kings are too redundant down there with Lewis/Richardson/Fraser basically being the same player. Any upgrade for at least one of those guys and the bottom six gets better.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:29 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

With Simon Gagne possibly being ready to play before the start of the playoffs, you could consider him as another roster addition, replacing Dwight King as the 2nd line LW on a line with Richards and Carter.

With Richardson being a healthy scratch tonight, and with the play of King and Nolan, I would say that his days are numbered. The Kings could use more experience and reduce Clifford's minutes and keep him on the fourth line with Fraser.

Seeing how they have had a rotating cast of wingers on the fourth line, I would think that adding a permanent third line winger would solve a lot of issues. Say they do land Moen and trade away Brad Richardson, the Kings could potentially roll with these lines down the stretch:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Moen
Clifford-Fraser-Lewis

Old
02-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Martyros

Give up on Moen, Ziggy. Montreal's holding onto him.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:34 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
This offseason it seems like Tampa's surely going to take a run at trading for Schneider or Bernier. On draft day, we can profit big.
Looking at the class of free agent goaltenders (and its brutal), Bernier and Schneider could be the best available options.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
Give up on Moen, Ziggy. Montreal's holding onto him.
I wasn't aware that they were. Considering their position in the standings, which is dead last in the East, it seems foolish for them to do so.

Either way, the Kings need a player of the same ilk as Moen who will add more grit and get into the dirty areas and chip in with the occasional goal. Would love to pluck Chad LaRose from Carolina, but he probably won't go easily.

I know this guy is pretty much hated by fans of 29 other teams, but Patrick Kaleta could be a great addition to the bottom six. He's one of the best pests in the NHL and draws lots of penalties, not to mention he's a pretty big hitter who won't shy away from hitting anyone.

Someone suggested Ryan Jones earlier in this thread. If the Kings can swap out Brad Richardson for him, I think Jones would be a better fit on LA's third line.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:54 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Didn't Gagne come back last season after injury and play well in the playoffs? Hopefully he can contribute if he's able to get back into game action.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:04 AM
johnjm22

I agree we have a gaping whole at 3rd line RW that needs to be filled. There's not much out there that's realistically available to us though (at a decent price). We might be better off just trying to develop Nolan/King further for that role.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Kingsfan1

Jay Feaster did say he was going to make alot of moves if he didn't like his team performance tonight and the Flames lost after being up 3-0.

Untouchables: Jokinen, Iginla, Kipper per Feaster

I wouldn't mind to get Glencross , he scored 20+ last year and has 18 already thus year. Cap hit of 2.5 for next 3 years.

What would it take ? He is a left winger, I don't think he would cost to much

Old
02-26-2012, 01:07 AM
Hyped

I don't think the team will be adding any "impact" players up front. They may add some experience in their bottom 6 but that'll be about it. Gagne should be back before the playoffs and that'll be a great addition at the time. However, moving Johnson makes them thin on the blue line. I'm not worried about Voynov because he's shown the ability to play sound, smart hockey and I think he'll fit in a top four role quite well. Their #6 guy is young no matter who you put in there and if they sustain an injury between now and the playoffs that hole becomes even bigger, especially if it is to a top 4 guy.

So I believe the Kings will look to add a veteran presence on the back end that will play in the #5 or #6 role but be capable of playing top four minutes if necessary. If you scour what may be available there are a few names that pop out that are more than capable of filling that role: Jaroslav Spacek, Sheldon Souray and Lubomir Visnovsky. With both Dallas and Anaheim in the division, both still having a realistic shot at the playoffs with their current team and the probable high price tag, I really don't see either guy moving. That leaves Spacek who could probably be had for a fairly reasonable price. Of course there are other teams out of the playoff picture right now who may seem like sellers (for example, Buffalo, Anaheim, Minnesota,) but I don't think they will be making as many moves as everyone is expecting. The aforementioned teams are only a handful of points out of a playoff spot so I doubt they will be "mailing the season in".

After all is said and done Spacek seems like the best fit at the right price but I'm guessing he may have several suitors because of the lack of real sellers out there this year. Hopefully Lombardi brings in some help back there for insurance purposes. I'd hate to see another potential playoff run end because of another late season injury and no one to step up and fill the void.

Closed Thread