HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours VIII: Nash-ing out the final details

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 06:01 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Well to get a high quality player like Nash you have to give CBJ something in return.
You cant give them Anisimov,Erixon,Dubinsky, Boyle,(earlier Wolski), Hagelin or Mitchell. To get Nash either MDZ,MCD or Kreider has to go. Or else this trade wont happen. Just my opinion.
You're not taking into consideration Nash's contract. or if you are, I think you're way off. That contract is huge and there's no way NYR send their top prospect or any young roster d-man. You're also not considering CBJ's position. They've basically painted themselves into a corner. They need to deal Nash now if they want to get good value for him.

There's no doubt Howson wants either of MDZ/McD and/or Kreider. No way they he'll get any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79

I can live with Dubinsky, Erixon, Zuccarello, 1st........anything more I will be a little peeved
That's pretty much fair value. I'd be happy with either of these deals for Nash:
Dubinsky,Erixon,Zuccarello,1st
Dubinksy,McIlrath,Thomas,1st

I think the most Sather will offer is Dubinsky, Erixon, Miller, 1st. We overpay a little, but it's still not a terrible deal for us.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:11 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
Well to get a high quality player like Nash you have to give CBJ something in return.
You cant give them Anisimov,Erixon,Dubinsky, Boyle,(earlier Wolski), Hagelin or Mitchell. To get Nash either MDZ,MCD or Kreider has to go. Or else this trade wont happen. Just my opinion.

One more time - Nash has 1) a $7.8 million cap hit. 2) $47 million still owed to him after this season and 3) an NMC. There are not 29 teams bidding for his services. Currently, if all speculation is believed to be accurate, only two teams on his list of teams that he will agree to accept a trade to, have made offers. Where does all of that leave Columbus any leverage, especially when Hash, through his agent, has essentially told Columbus management to get this thing done, and that nothing will change, (meaning his list of acceptable trade destinations) come the summer time?

Old
02-26-2012, 06:21 AM
UAGoalieGuy

It's pretty simple at this point. Sather wants Nash, Nash wants the Rangets(or San Jose/Toronto). Sather has his price. He's not trading Kreider, McD, MDZ, Stepan. Just like San Jose won't deal Couture. I'd rather see Sather hold on to Miller, but if he gets dealt I won't be that upset.

Still think a trade will look like Dubinsky, either Miller OR Erixon, Thomas, a 1st, and some sort if conditional pick.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Steve Zipay

Quote:
Heard Around....One snag in the Nash talks may be that the Rangers want someone else from the Columbus roster...Who that might be, I don;t know. But if the Rangers are offering several forwards, forward prospects, and picks, maybe Sami Pahlsson or Jared Boll. They have some D UFAs as well (Martinek, Lebda, Aaron Johnson)
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...s-1.3558126?p=

Can Dolan trade Zipay to the Islanders beat for Arthur Staple? He owns Newsday.

Boll is super tough. Can fight. Play the game a little. He has a foot injury right now,

Martinek hasn't played in 5 months(concussion). Ledba was someone the Rangers could have signed as a free agent. Johnson is terrible.

Letestu is a good player. Acquired from Pitt for a 4th earlier this season. Was traded to the BJs and then got hurt. McKenzie is a role player.

Pahlsson is worth a 3rd or a 4th. Rental.

Sather should ask for Letestu. Signed for next season. $625,000. The Rangers need another depth forward.

Pitt received Dupuis in the Hossa deal and he is still there.

Letestu won 55% of his draws last season.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:48 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Now I'm starting to feel this won't happen...

Old
02-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Steve Zipay

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...s-1.3558126?p=

Can Dolan trade Zipay to the Islanders beat for Arthur Staple? He owns Newsday.

Boll is super tough. Can fight. Play the game a little. He has a foot injury right now,

Martinek hasn't played in 5 months(concussion). Ledba was someone the Rangers could have signed as a free agent. Johnson is terrible.

Letestu is a good player. Acquired from Pitt for a 4th earlier this season. Was traded to the BJs and then got hurt. McKenzie is a role player.

Pahlsson is worth a 3rd or a 4th. Rental.

Sather should ask for Letestu. Signed for next season. $625,000. The Rangers need another depth forward.

Pitt received Dupuis in the Hossa deal and he is still there.

Letestu won 55% of his draws last season.
the whole time if a Nash trade goes down I have wanted Pahlsson as part of it. The others are kinda blah but Letestu would not be terrible in a depth role

Last edited by Vitto79: 02-26-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old
02-26-2012, 07:00 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Now I'm starting to feel this won't happen...
Same here. Have felt that way for a while. The value just isnt there...maybe another team on the list will crack and do something stupid, but its not going to be the Rangers.

Contrary to popular opinion around here, Nash does not HAVE TO be dealt right now.

He and his agent supplied a list of teams, and said these teams wont change. He has not demanded out...thats something thats just been assumed (far too often on this board).

Howson and the Columbus organization dont know what theyre doing or what they want.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:12 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Holding out for a D man? Could it be... Toots?

Old
02-26-2012, 07:19 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
Not unless Howson has a flux capacitor around, and Doc' Brown builds him a time machine so he can go back and not give Tyutin that contract extension.

Toots does not fit with a $4.5m cap hit until 2017-2018.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod View Post
Have you seen Toots' contract?

02-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Ranger Angst

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
It's pretty simple at this point. Sather wants Nash, Nash wants the Rangets(or San Jose/Toronto). Sather has his price. He's not trading Kreider, McD, MDZ, Stepan. Just like San Jose won't deal Couture. I'd rather see Sather hold on to Miller, but if he gets dealt I won't be that upset.

Still think a trade will look like Dubinsky, either Miller OR Erixon, Thomas, a 1st, and some sort if conditional pick.
I could live with that- you're giving up one roster player & a whole lot of promise for another roster player. I don't think you're messing with team chemistry with such a trade. Still think Nash's contract is bad - hate these long-term deals.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:21 AM
eco's bones

Rangers need to keep their young defense together. Along with Lundqvist they are the backbone of the team.

Not expendable--McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, Del Zotto.
Possibly expendable--Sauer, Erixon, McIlrath. I'd hate to give up Dylan though I know there's some doubters but even as a bottom pairing guy I see him filling a role and making us a very nasty team to play against.

Kreider has to stay as well. He's at least our best 1st rounder since Staal.

No way I'd trade both Miller and Erixon here though. One or the other.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:24 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Same here. Have felt that way for a while. The value just isnt there...maybe another team on the list will crack and do something stupid, but its not going to be the Rangers.

Contrary to popular opinion around here, Nash does not HAVE TO be dealt right now.

He and his agent supplied a list of teams, and said these teams wont change. He has not demanded out...thats something thats just been assumed (far too often on this board).

Howson and the Columbus organization dont know what theyre doing or what they want.
I felt the same way a week ago. But now I'm not sure. You cant go back to your franchise player and say "guess you're staying". I guess I also don't see how different this summer is compared to now for the Jackets. But the summer is a huge difference for Nash.

Ultimately, it will come down to Cbus realizing that a large part of the assets they get will be cap relief. I don't see how a team like the Rangers are going to up their offer in the summer when ultimately, Nash will dictate where he wants to go.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:33 AM
egelband

exactly my thinking... it's gonna be tough for columbus to say to nash, 'hey man, you're gonna stay with us this year. yay!' tough. they're essentially putting the car in neutral and coasting. fans will love that.

unless they go the other way and start buying!

Old
02-26-2012, 07:37 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I felt the same way a week ago. But now I'm not sure. You cant go back to your franchise player and say "guess you're staying". I guess I also don't see how different this summer is compared to now for the Jackets. But the summer is a huge difference for Nash.

Ultimately, it will come down to Cbus realizing that a large part of the assets they get will be cap relief. I don't see how a team like the Rangers are going to up their offer in the summer when ultimately, Nash will dictate where he wants to go.
I certainly agree, but I dont think Columbus has realized the bolded yet - and I dont think they will by tomorrow at 3pm. And as a result, they wont like the return

Maybe in the summer, but I cant see it coming together in the next day or so.

One things obvious in all this...Columbus' offseason (specifically the Carter acquisition) failed miserably and they dont seem to know where to go from here.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post

This is important too. Remember, this is a guy that signed the longterm extension with Columbus less than 2 years ago. Was this because he got the promise from ownership that they'd import some help for him? Does Nash's mindset change because that experiment failed miserably? Is Columbus' next move to purge their franchise player and basically start over (probably should be)?

This is a lost season for Columbus. Nothing good is going to come out of it if they deal Nash or not. It just makes more sense to me that Columbus will wait til the offseason where they can make decisions about their management, and really sit down with Nash to see what the next step is for both parties.

Then again, this is one of the poorest run franchises in the NHL, so it wouldnt surprise me if they trade their franchise player for Brandon Dubinsky, a couple of second-tier prospects, and a late first rounder. Its all seems rushed and foolish to me, however.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:52 AM
bubba5

If they keep Nash they can continue to be the doormate of the NHL. Nobody other than a couple of thousand people in Ohio cares about the Columbus Blue Jackets!

Old
02-26-2012, 07:56 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Dubinsky, Miller/McIllwrath, Thomas/Zuc, 1st round pick 2012, a 2nd in 2013 (conditional) & Valentenko for Nash & Pahlsson .

No McD, MDZ, Erixon, Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider.

This I could live with...

And it leaves space for 1 more pickup on defense.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:03 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger

Not saying it can't or won't come together quickly, but this day is starting out very quiet on the Nash trade front.
Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger

CBJ hasn't talked to Leafs in days. Tor will keep trying, but like NYR and Del Zotto, Gardiner remains untouchable.
Quote:
Bruce Garrioch ‏ @SunGarrioch

There was a belief b4 loss to Caps TML interest in Nash was minimal and they were driving up price for NYR. Could change by Monday. #SNTrade
E tu' Burke?

If the Leafs aren't in it, and the other reports are true, that would leave only NY involved of the teams on his supposed list.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Holocene

They're tweeting just to tweet.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:00 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

I'm not in favor of bringing in Nash due simply to his awful contract/cap hit. The speculated pieces going the other way I can live with, moving assets like this is part of building a team when it is really time to go for it. I'm just not sure this is the time, we are a year ahead of schedule IMO, and Nash's awful contract will tie our hands some going forward. But at this point it looks like Nash will be moved, the bridge in Columbus is burnt!

Old
02-26-2012, 09:03 AM
bmw2004

Good morning Glen. Any news in regards Rick Nash?

Old
02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
bernmeister

3 way NYR-LAK-CBJ

NYR gets Doughty, Martinez
NYR gives up Girardi, Dubinsky, Boyle, Thomas, NYR 2013 1st, Woywitka

LAK gets Girardi, Nash, Boyle, CBJ 2012 2nd, Woywitka
LAK gives up Doughty, Martinez

CBJ gets Dubinsky, Thomas, NYR 2013 1st, Sauer, Eminger, Paveltenko
CBJ gives up Nash, CBJ 2012 2nd

Depending upon other cap considerations, we ask CBJ to take Avery for rest of season if no takers, though we should get something for him somewhere (SJ?).

Short Analysis:
Inconceivable earlier Doughty would be dealt. But Lombardi is up against a wall, and they are desperate, desperate for scoring Ws. This is basically like replacing Johnson and saying Carter + Nash + add ons for Doughty. Deano wants scoring Ws + replacement draft picks, the jackets 2nd is like a late 1st in a deep draft. And even without Johnson + Martinez (but add Girardi +) Kings have enough D.

Jackets would like more, but I think they can live with this return for Nash + removal of his contract. Rangers 1st next year is higher pick than their 2nd.

Rangers move Girardi + Dubi, get a D who can score, QB, end PP woes.
Upcoming we are solid on promoting Fs. Can get through this year.

Our D is
Staal — Doughty
McD — MDZ
Erixon — Martinez
Bickel — Stralman
with Bickel getting some shifts at LW
and McIlrath as soon as ready

I consider Erixon ready now if he plays regularly without getting jerked around, and especially as a 5/6 guy.

As to lines/Fs, there are obviously alternate ways to go, but let’s say:
Fedotenko — Stepan — Gaborik
Hagelin — Richards — Callahan
Mitchell — Anisimov — Prust
— Rupp —

I know MZA is available, but don’t think he can cut it.
If no better pickup, we can go with Yogan, Bourque on a 4th line, in addition to Bickel here and there. Yogan’s played well, and Bourque, if he doesn’t get killed before season’s end, could give us some energy and is a stop gap.
Also don’t laugh, but McNaught played well at Traverse. Giving this guy 4th line minutes at RW and asking him just to grind and play hard is not the worst option to have.

Also with the above deals, we can possibly deal Pashnin and a conditional 3rd in 2013, upgradeable to a 2nd in 2013 and a 3rd upgradeable to a 2nd in 2014, to Oilers for MPS.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:06 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
3 way NYR-LAK-CBJ

NYR gets Doughty, Martinez
NYR gives up Girardi, Dubinsky, Boyle, Thomas, NYR 2013 1st, Woywitka

LAK gets Girardi, Nash, Boyle, CBJ 2012 2nd, Woywitka
LAK gives up Doughty, Martinez

CBJ gets Dubinsky, Thomas, NYR 2013 1st, Sauer, Eminger, Paveltenko
CBJ gives up Nash, CBJ 2012 2nd

Depending upon other cap considerations, we ask CBJ to take Avery for rest of season if no takers, though we should get something for him somewhere (SJ?).

Short Analysis:
Inconceivable earlier Doughty would be dealt. But Lombardi is up against a wall, and they are desperate, desperate for scoring Ws. This is basically like replacing Johnson and saying Carter + Nash + add ons for Doughty. Deano wants scoring Ws + replacement draft picks, the jackets 2nd is like a late 1st in a deep draft. And even without Johnson + Martinez (but add Girardi +) Kings have enough D.

Jackets would like more, but I think they can live with this return for Nash + removal of his contract. Rangers 1st next year is higher pick than their 2nd.

Rangers move Girardi + Dubi, get a D who can score, QB, end PP woes.
Upcoming we are solid on promoting Fs. Can get through this year.

Our D is
Staal — Doughty
McD — MDZ
Erixon — Martinez
Bickel — Stralman
with Bickel getting some shifts at LW
and McIlrath as soon as ready

I consider Erixon ready now if he plays regularly without getting jerked around, and especially as a 5/6 guy.

As to lines/Fs, there are obviously alternate ways to go, but let’s say:
Fedotenko — Stepan — Gaborik
Hagelin — Richards — Callahan
Mitchell — Anisimov — Prust
— Rupp —

I know MZA is available, but don’t think he can cut it.
If no better pickup, we can go with Yogan, Bourque on a 4th line, in addition to Bickel here and there. Yogan’s played well, and Bourque, if he doesn’t get killed before season’s end, could give us some energy and is a stop gap.
Also don’t laugh, but McNaught played well at Traverse. Giving this guy 4th line minutes at RW and asking him just to grind and play hard is not the worst option to have.

Also with the above deals, we can possibly deal Pashnin and a conditional 3rd in 2013, upgradeable to a 2nd in 2013 and a 3rd upgradeable to a 2nd in 2014, to Oilers for MPS.
Christ this is awful. You never learn

Old
02-26-2012, 09:06 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Less than 29 hours to go - until the insanity is finally over.
After yesterdays Wolski trade we have $11,044,625 available in cap prorated annual space (meaning we can take annual contracts matching this number) plus $838.000 if LTIR money for Sauer. This leaves us with $11.882.624. Plus in addition the $$ we can add on top of this regarding whatever roster contracts we send the other way.
We have never imo since the lockout (or longer) at the deadline:
  • Had this kind of capspace available
  • Been in 1st place in the Conference by 7 points (and the whole league in PPG)
  • Had this amount of assets in the pipeline

Be so sure we will see some serious action
Nash will not be the only player coming our way - if he comes at all.
Sather cannot help himself in such a situation I think
But he WILL NOT be dealing many - if any - core players or top prospects.
I do however think that many of our 2012/2013 draftpicks will be on the table now - which is basically moot imo at the moment
Getting very interesting.
Buckle up & enjoy the ride my fellow HF Posters. The rollercoaster has left the station...

Closed Thread