HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXIII

View Poll Results: What will the sens do at the deadline?
Buy 23 19.01%
Sell 12 9.92%
Nothing 86 71.07%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 06:57 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
What I don't understand is why Ottawa would trade for a higher thought of AHL goalie prosoect when we already have a top AHL goalie prospect in lehner it seems like a lateral move. If you give another guy a shot why not just lehner?

What separates these other guys from lehner?
Bishop is 5 years older and ready for the NHL NOW. The difference is Lehner, while a fantastic prospect, is still just that: a prospect, who could use some more development time, and would benefit from another season or two getting the starter's share of games in the AHL rather than riding the pine as the backup in Ottawa. Bishop is done in the AHL. He'd already be an NHL goalie, if not for the logjam in front of him in St.Louis.

LEHNER: Has a higher ceiling than Bishop, but is 20 years old, and needs to start games to continue to develop.
BISHOP: lower ceiling than Lehner, but acquiring him would give us the dual benefit of upgrading over Auld this season, AND provide us with a very skilled backup for the next few years () who Maclean would ACTUALLY feel confident in starting when Any needs a rest, and let Lehner develop properly, instead of rushing him. Goalies take longer to develop than skaters, and I'm ok not rushing our only prospect in that regards.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:00 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Brown is a 2nd liner, albeit a a very good one. You're probably the only fan on here who thinks otherwise.
There are a LOT of teams on which Brown would be a 1st liner.

Also, re: the bolded part - stop it with the condescending ****** comments.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:02 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Bishop is 5 years older and ready for the NHL NOW. The difference is Lehner, while a fantastic prospect, is still just that: a prospect, who could use some more development time, and would benefit from another season or two getting the starter's share of games in the AHL rather than riding the pine as the backup in Ottawa. Bishop is done in the AHL. He'd already be an NHL goalie, if not for the logjam in front of him in St.Louis.

LEHNER: Has a higher ceiling than Bishop, but is 20 years old, and needs to start games to continue to develop.
BISHOP: lower ceiling than Lehner, but acquiring him would give us the dual benefit of upgrading over Auld this season, AND provide us with a very skilled backup for the next few years () who Maclean would ACTUALLY feel confident in starting when Any needs a rest, and let Lehner develop properly, instead of rushing him. Goalies take longer to develop than skaters, and I'm ok not rushing our only prospect in that regards.
Why do you think Bishop is ready for the nhl?

Old
02-26-2012, 07:16 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Why do you think Bishop is ready for the nhl?
25 year old showing continued development year after year, does nothing but get better, and dominating the AHL this year on a pretty average/ not so amazing Peoria team.

But regardless of why I think he's ready, I also trust the near universal opinion of hockey people in the NHL and talking heads who also think he's NHL ready.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:21 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
25 year old showing continued development year after year, does nothing but get better, and dominating the AHL this year on a pretty average/ not so amazing Peoria team.

But regardless of why I think he's ready, I also trust the near universal opinion of hockey people in the NHL and talking heads who also think he's NHL ready.
Its risky to say a player will be great in the nhl because he has been great in the ahl there has been cases where players have been great in the ahl but not good nhl players.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:30 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
Its risky to say a player will be great in the nhl because he has been great in the ahl there has been cases where players have been great in the ahl but not good nhl players.
I agree... I thinkin Bishop's case, Great-In-AHL will equal Good-In-NHL. Not a top-15 starter or anything, but worth the asking price.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:54 AM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
New thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post44955015

Closed Thread