HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL)

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 06:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
MHL 21.2.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:29 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL today
Kuznecke Medvede will be in play-off
95guys: Bučnevič 0+3, Okulov 0+1 and Rihards Bukarts game winning goal

Old
02-23-2012, 07:42 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
west wins the all star game in the MHL-B as well
http://www.championat.com/hockey/new...medium=twitter

go West!

Old
02-23-2012, 01:48 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL today
F Nikolaj Goldobin (95) 0+1

Old
02-24-2012, 01:48 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

only one game today
Rihards Bukarts born 95, 1+0

Old
02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Heh, the "94 trio" might give Juniors a big boost. HK Riga is almost in the play-offs, so why not? Though I have no idea when the MHL B post-season will take place, cause MHL Future Cup (U-18 ASG) is on the 12th of March.
Don't think any player will go to MHL B until HK Riga has secured play-off spot. And also don't think that the 94 trio would be the ones that would go there as they seem as the 2nd line in HK Riga in terms of goal producation at the moment.

And I don't think it's as hopeless as it might seem. In the regular season they split wins evenly with Baltica... it was 4:2,3:5,1:5 in Vilnius and 4:3, 3:2 OT and 3:4 in Riga. Close games, especially those in Riga, later on in the season. I'm not saying there'll an upset but I think at the end of the season team is more experienced and can give 'em a good fight. Especially considering that our guys will definitely want to show international Lithuanians which Baltic country plays hockey better, even if the team is really a lot younger

Old
02-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Don't think any player will go to MHL B until HK Riga has secured play-off spot. And also don't think that the 94 trio would be the ones that would go there as they seem as the 2nd line in HK Riga in terms of goal producation at the moment.

And I don't think it's as hopeless as it might seem. In the regular season they split wins evenly with Baltica... it was 4:2,3:5,1:5 in Vilnius and 4:3, 3:2 OT and 3:4 in Riga. Close games, especially those in Riga, later on in the season. I'm not saying there'll an upset but I think at the end of the season team is more experienced and can give 'em a good fight. Especially considering that our guys will definitely want to show international Lithuanians which Baltic country plays hockey better, even if the team is really a lot younger
MHL text translations list those 3 on the 3rd line.

But nevertheless you were right that Baltica will have a tough series, Juniors made a mini-upset and took the first game in the series. Good start!

Old
02-25-2012, 12:39 PM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:

But nevertheless you were right that Baltica will have a tough series, Juniors made a mini-upset and took the first game in the series. Good start!
The only playoff game where the lower ranked team beat their opponents too. Crazy game judging by boxscore - 3 goals in space 2 minutes.

Old
02-25-2012, 01:42 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL today

Old
02-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
The only playoff game where the lower ranked team beat their opponents too. Crazy game judging by boxscore - 3 goals in space 2 minutes.
Altay also beat Rysi, but that's not a true lower seed, 9th vs 8th.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Yeah but now they have Podziņ on the 2nd line and at least today they made some noise. Otherwise yeah, they are the 3rd line but in terms of how many goals they bring for the team, they are more like the 2nd line, at least if Podzins, Bicevskis and Bukarts are not all playing for HK Riga together with Indrasis and Upītis.

Lipsbergs is the top pointscorer in the team, yeah it would probably not be so if Bicevskis, Indrasis, Bukarts, Upitis, Podzins who have spent many games playing for Metalurgs or Dinamo Riga would play in MHL all year but still, among those who have played MHL all season he's the topscorer so the line brings in a lot of points.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:38 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Thanks for the insight, I've missed almost the whole HKR season.

If all of them stay for the next year, then we have the 1st line covered.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:10 AM
ozo

Quote:
Thanks for the insight, I've missed almost the whole HKR season.

If all of them stay for the next year, then we have the 1st line covered.
I'm not sure I even want to see them stay. If they are this good as underagers there's not much sense of keeping them in the MHL. They should at least be tried out At DR's farm next season wherever that might be.

And there's NHL draft, which could lure them to CHL.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:52 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

I feel that for most of the 17-18yo it's fine to stay in the MHL, if they play 15+ minutes. Of course, it would be great to see them get a call up to the adult leagues, but staying is also an option. Same goes for Rihards Bukarts, who might have a spectacular next season should he stay.

P.S. Actually, I'm very anxious to see how our squad fares at the U18 WC.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
I feel that for most of the 17-18yo it's fine to stay in the MHL, if they play 15+ minutes. Of course, it would be great to see them get a call up to the adult leagues, but staying is also an option. Same goes for Rihards Bukarts, who might have a spectacular next season should he stay.

P.S. Actually, I'm very anxious to see how our squad fares at the U18 WC.
Well, I have no problem with Jevpalovs or Lipsbergs staying in MHL next year as they can still grow in MHL very well and as it was already said, better play 15 minutes in MHL than 7 in Liepāja on the 4th line. And even if they're not on 4th line, MHL is better for young players as it's a league where they can play faster hockey and more skill based game while in adult leagues like VHL and BOL they will demand for guys more tactical things and better physical condition. Young Canadians at that age play in CHL, not in AHL already even if they are very good.

But if they stay I'd like to see Lipsbergs or Jevpalovs already tried in Dinamo Rīga for some games like Bičevskis and Upītis this year.

They still can get drafted too, even if their position was low in NHL Midterm draft rankings from Europe, there's still U18 ahead and they've played much better duing the second half of MHL than during the first half of season so at least one of them might impress (or maybe Jevpalovs already impressed somebody at U20) scouts.

Rihards Bukarts seems really promising. Especially considering the fact that Yakupov at the same averaged about the same amount of points as Bukarts Of course Yakupov didn't get to play many games and was on the 3rd line I guess while Bukarts now regularly plays 2nd or 1st line but all in all his stats are impressive for 2014 draft guy. Even Russia's biggest hope for 2014 draft Barbashev Jr. in MVD doesn't make such numbers. I have a feeling that Bukarts might move to CHL during off-season. On the other hand his brother chose the Russia route and Bukarts has said he'd love to play in Dinamo Riga together with Roberts...

Old
02-26-2012, 08:45 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Well, I have no problem with Jevpalovs or Lipsbergs staying in MHL next year as they can still grow in MHL very well and as it was already said, better play 15 minutes in MHL than 7 in Liepāja on the 4th line. And even if they're not on 4th line, MHL is better for young players as it's a league where they can play faster hockey and more skill based game while in adult leagues like VHL and BOL they will demand for guys more tactical things and better physical condition. Young Canadians at that age play in CHL, not in AHL already even if they are very good.

But if they stay I'd like to see Lipsbergs or Jevpalovs already tried in Dinamo Rīga for some games like Bičevskis and Upītis this year.

They still can get drafted too, even if their position was low in NHL Midterm draft rankings from Europe, there's still U18 ahead and they've played much better duing the second half of MHL than during the first half of season so at least one of them might impress (or maybe Jevpalovs already impressed somebody at U20) scouts.

Rihards Bukarts seems really promising. Especially considering the fact that Yakupov at the same averaged about the same amount of points as Bukarts Of course Yakupov didn't get to play many games and was on the 3rd line I guess while Bukarts now regularly plays 2nd or 1st line but all in all his stats are impressive for 2014 draft guy. Even Russia's biggest hope for 2014 draft Barbashev Jr. in MVD doesn't make such numbers. I have a feeling that Bukarts might move to CHL during off-season. On the other hand his brother chose the Russia route and Bukarts has said he'd love to play in Dinamo Riga together with Roberts...
The best CHL'ers aren't playing in AHL because it's forbidden. CHL is business, if their star players would leave, the league would go bust. It's NHL or CHL for Canadians kids.

Bukarts would love a lot things, but if he will get drafted by Vityaz or Avtomobilist, he'll probably have to make a do in CHL.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:07 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Rihards Bukarts wants to stay in MHL for next season.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:19 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

MHL sunday
3500 fans in Khabarovsk

Old
02-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Bukarts would love a lot things, but if he will get drafted by Vityaz or Avtomobilist, he'll probably have to make a do in CHL.
Even if they do, I suspect Sejejs would be willing to make a trade with the club that drafted Rihards.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Thread is over 1,000 posts. A new one has been created here in order to continue the conversation.