HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline 2012: All non-credible rumors/trade talk here v2.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 08:44 AM
HabsSlappy

vCash: 500
The revenue brought in from tickets and Jersey sales with a player like huberdeau alone would make it worth it to management. I would love to start the new era with huberdeau and Grigorenko.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:56 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsSlappy View Post
The revenue brought in from tickets and Jersey sales with a player like huberdeau alone would make it worth it to management. I would love to start the new era with huberdeau and Grigorenko.
It all depends on what management wants to do, a full blown rebuild or just a re-tool. I honestly don't think most fans have the patience for a full re-build. I could picture us re-tooling like the Flyers did when they drafted JVR in 2007

Old
02-26-2012, 09:00 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I'd do this one with the Panthers:

To Florida:
  • Habs' 1st 2012
  • AK or Moen

To Montreal:
  • Huberdeau
  • Panthers' 1st 2012
Cats lose.

Seriously, though. Do all of you people think something nice+ crap gets us 2 nice things in return ? Or you figure you can low ball everyone because they won't know ?

Florida isn't going balls out to win this year, so they sure as hell not trading Huberdeau. Furthermore, he'll take up a low cap hit while giving them depth on offense for 3 years.

If you want something, you have to give. You can't be passive about it and think someone will bite.

Would you do a team's 2nd + a borderline top 6 prospect for Subban ? No, so why do you offer similar lopsided deals ?

Old
02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
charlie

vCash: 358
I would imagine it would be the same as Subban.
A GM would call to se if Hubb/Subb were available and the answer would
be a really quick and short........ no.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I would imagine it would be the same as Subban.
A GM would call to se if Hubb/Subb were available and the answer would
be a really quick and short........ no.
I dunno, I'd take an upcoming UFA and the chance to move up a few spots in the draft. Makes sense to me!

Old
02-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
It all depends on what management wants to do, a full blown rebuild or just a re-tool. I honestly don't think most fans have the patience for a full re-build. I could picture us re-tooling like the Flyers did when they drafted JVR in 2007
One player isn't the difference between a retool and a rebuild. We can trade Plekanec for Huberdeau and still retool it's not like we're selling off the rest of our team.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:30 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I dunno, I'd take an upcoming UFA and the chance to move up a few spots in the draft. Makes sense to me!
Why would Florida want to give up on Huberdeau just to draft a russian centerman.

What do they have to gain.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Face81

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
So Panthers give up one of their top prospects for a pending UFA and swap picks? Doubt they'd do that.
i don't hink his trade would happen, but our pick might be top 3 and thier will probably be pretty late

Old
02-26-2012, 10:02 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
One player isn't the difference between a retool and a rebuild. We can trade Plekanec for Huberdeau and still retool it's not like we're selling off the rest of our team.
I doesn't matter, you're trading your best center for an unproven rookie. Who do you expect to be your top 4 centres on opening day next year? Huberdeau would have some big shoes to replace and if you think Eller or Desharnais can replace Pleks next year, you're dreaming. People tend to forget how important Pleks is to this team and that he plays in all situations. You can call it whatever you want, but in my opinion that's a rebuild of your forwards at least. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to get Huberdeau, but don't expect the team to be competitive next year if you replace Plekanec by him.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
So Panthers give up one of their top prospects for a pending UFA and swap picks? Doubt they'd do that.
The way I see it Crim, is that the Panthers benefit by getting help for his year for their playoffs push/run and the price would be their 1st round pick. Since they are quite solid on defense, especially with the return of Jovo in the line-up, forwards would be preferable for them.

Then it would be a swap of Huberdeau for the Habs' first.

Yes, the Habs might need to add a bit, perhaps a Yannick Weber or a decent prospect, but definitely not an "A" prospect.

Of course, this is just an idea thrown like that. I have no inside scoop and no idea if that would work. Just speculating on what the Habs would like while trying to address needs on the other side.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I doesn't matter, you're trading your best center for an unproven rookie. Who do you expect to be your top 4 centres on opening day next year? Huberdeau would have some big shoes to replace and if you think Eller or Desharnais can replace Pleks next year, you're dreaming. People tend to forget how important Pleks is to this team and that he plays in all situations. You can call it whatever you want, but in my opinion that's a rebuild of your forwards at least. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to get Huberdeau, but don't expect the team to be competitive next year if you replace Plekanec by him.
It's still not considered a rebuild. I'd take a core of Price, Pacioretty, PK, Huberdeau, our 1st this year, Emelin, Eller and Desharnais and let them grow next season. That's called patience, not rebuilding.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:24 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
It's still not considered a rebuild. I'd take a core of Price, Pacioretty, PK, Huberdeau, our 1st this year, Emelin, Eller and Desharnais and let them grow next season. That's called patience, not rebuilding.
Absolutely. Except if we get Huby, that 1st is gone.

I would love something like Pleky + lottery 1st for Huby + 2nd/decent prospect. That is if it's not a 2nd overall pick.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:38 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
if getting huberdeau meant sucking next year too, then i wouldn't mind... as much...

Old
02-26-2012, 10:56 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
if getting huberdeau meant sucking next year too, then i wouldn't mind... as much...
I think sucking next year even without huberdeau is in question.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
I think sucking next year even without huberdeau is in question.
I think sucking 3 years in a row and get top 5 draft picks would be even better.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Absolutely. Except if we get Huby, that 1st is gone.

I would love something like Pleky + lottery 1st for Huby + 2nd/decent prospect. That is if it's not a 2nd overall pick.
Huberdeau isn't worth Pleky and our lottery 1st. Pleks alone is worth a first rounder.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:02 AM
pine

vCash: 50
I'd rather have <Plekanec + Yakupov/Grigorenko/Galchenyuk> than <Huberdeau> to be honest.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:03 AM
charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I think sucking 3 years in a row and get top 5 draft picks would be even better.
True dat.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:24 AM
Locks

It is interesting how a rumour from a total unknown has generated so much discussion even though it is highly unlikely to happen. Florida is not in a position to win now to justify that kind of move (Huberdeau) and they add smaller pieces and if they decide to add a rental like AK they have plenty of amunition in prospects/picks to do that without touching a cornerstone element.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
The way I see it Crim, is that the Panthers benefit by getting help for his year for their playoffs push/run and the price would be their 1st round pick. Since they are quite solid on defense, especially with the return of Jovo in the line-up, forwards would be preferable for them.

Then it would be a swap of Huberdeau for the Habs' first.

Yes, the Habs might need to add a bit, perhaps a Yannick Weber or a decent prospect, but definitely not an "A" prospect.

Of course, this is just an idea thrown like that. I have no inside scoop and no idea if that would work. Just speculating on what the Habs would like while trying to address needs on the other side.
No I get that. I'm not questioning you about sources or having inside scoops. From what I've heard, both from Florida fans and from management when they selected him, the Panthers are really happy to have a guy like Huberdeau in their system. He is going to be part of their future.

Onto the trade, I understand the Habs first round pick (at the moment) has a ton of value. If the season ends today, the Habs select outside of Yakupov and Grigorenko, barring some sort of miracle that sees other of the two dropping down a spot. In my opinion, if I have Huberdeau in my system and I am not getting a choice at Grigorenko or Yakupov, then I do not move Huberdeau.

I agree, an A prospect will not go the other way since that A prospect will come from the 1st round draft pick they'd get from Montreal.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:40 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Well I guess we have different definitions of a rebuild then

Old
02-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Mats NAslund

Ottawa made a very nice trade today grabbing Ben Bishop for a conditional 2nd rounder.
Montreal should have offered that for him, would have been a great number two in Montreal!

Old
02-26-2012, 11:56 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I think Hickey belongs in the non-credible POS pile.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I think Hickey belongs in the non-credible POS pile.
The gazette has been getting worse and worse, they've had HFBoard type reactions to this season and have sunk below professional more than a few times this season.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
Absolutely, you are a wise poster!!

Closed Thread