HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Easton synergy S10 Hockey Backpack review

Old
02-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Squidriss

vCash: 500
Easton synergy S10 Hockey Backpack review

Ok so i just picked this up from Sportchek, so heres a little info to share with you guys.

Appearance:
It looks pretty darn good. I got the red one i like the way it looks and it also has more space than you think it would.

Actual use:
So far it works great! Its got two pockets one either side for your skates which keeps them separate from your other gear.. It is a little annoying having to organize everything to fit but at the end of the day everything fits which is the most important thing to me.. This is way easier for me to carry 2 kilometers too school and back home on a daily basis for my hockey gym class. I like the fact that i can now actually feel my right arm whereas before it would be blue by the time i got to school or home.

Durability:
I literally got this just today so i cant really comment on that! My only concern is that the material is on the thin side so, im gonna make sure to store my skates with the guards on. Hopefully this bag will stand the test of time im really excited about not being a hunchback walking to school anymore!

Cons:
I really wish this bag had atleast one more pocket, I hate having to store my jerseys, socks, tape, and wax mixed in with all my other gear . I like to keep things organized but i guess that's a trade-off from the traditional over shoulder bag. I can live with that.
The other thing i dont like is that the bag does feel a little cheap, the material feels thin, hopefully it lasts me a few seasons at least.

PS
To those of you wondering i am obsessed with hockey bags and I don't really know why lol.

Squidriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Squidriss

Ok so i used it today and i like it alot! Im a little concerned about the straps breaking as i put it on and i wish the skate pockets were a little bigger they just fit my 7.5 E skates.

PS all my equipment is medium and itd be hard to put large equipment in it.. I have just a little leftover space after everything is in

Old
02-26-2012, 11:11 AM
Squidriss

also zippers are not the best

Old
02-27-2012, 03:12 AM
izzy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidriss View Post
also zippers are not the best
I have to confim this. I got an S13 bag for my roller gear and the zippers effed up very quickly. Even the one for the main compartment. Now I have to find somebody who can replace them cheap.

Other than that I like the bag, but the quality is somewhat dissapointing, considering my cheapo CCM V04 bag still holds up just fine for my icehockey gear, although there are players stepping on its zippers in skates every training.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:07 AM
ChiTownHawks
HFBoards Sponsor

Does Easton make anything that holds up? They seem to have chronic durability issues.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Squidriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownHawks View Post
Does Easton make anything that holds up? They seem to have chronic durability issues.
This is the reason i generally tend to shy away from easton products except the sticks. The bag is a lifesaver for me right now it makes going to school way easier, but i feel like the bag is fragile and being extra cautious. I shouldnt have to were hockey players for crying out loud it should feel solid but it does not.

Its a love-hate relationship with the bag right now

Old
02-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Stickmata

My Easton roller bag fell apart as well.

Stickmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 10:43 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
My Easton roller bag fell apart as well.
Ditto mine and my brother's, both during their first full season of use.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Hockey Crazy

Great bag. Good durability. I've been using mine for 1.5 years and it is still in perfect condition. My only complaint is that you need to put your gear in it strategically for it all to fit, but now that I have that down, it's great for lugging around.

Hockey Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 10:13 AM
jorbjorb
BROWN TOWN

If you have wheels on your hockey bag then you probably don't

jorbjorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Squidriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Crazy View Post
Great bag. Good durability. I've been using mine for 1.5 years and it is still in perfect condition. My only complaint is that you need to put your gear in it strategically for it all to fit, but now that I have that down, it's great for lugging around.
YOur right it does make carrying things easier but i dunno my bag has that cheap feel to it. whatever as long as it holds up ill be happy but i think its wishful thinking