HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What are our tradeable assets?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 02:56 AM
  #1
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
What are our tradeable assets?

I'm trying to figure out just what it is we have that we can part with in the next 36 hours to make our team better for the playoffs.....


Draft Choices:

2012
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick

2013
*
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick

2014
1st round pick
2nd round pick
3rd round pick
4th round pick
5th round pick
6th round pick
7th round pick



Roster Players:

Penner
Stoll**
Lewis
Richardson
Westgarth
Bernier**
Loktionov**
(Hunter)


Prospects:

Cliche
Moller
Holloway
Hickey
Muzzin
Weal
Gibson
Andreoff
Kozun**
Vey
Kitsyn**
Schumacher
Forbort**
Shore
Roach
Deslauriers
Campbell
Gravel
Zatkoff**
Jones**
Toffoli**



**I wouldn't necessarily be looking to trade these guys, but that doesn't mean they aren't "tradeable". PS: If there are Monarchs who haven't been mentioned (i.e., Azevedo, Kolomatis, et. al.), it's because I'm assuming nobody wants them.




Did I leave anything out?

From the list above, what's the most impressive package that can be assembled and who's the most impressive player or players we could get for it?


Last edited by Capn Brown: 02-26-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: I forgot about Cliche!
Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:02 AM
  #2
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
I really hope Dean can find some way to pawn off pieces for some draft picks. Not having a pick in the 1st 3 rounds is terrible IMO. Also, I'd hold on to Muzzin as I see him and Gravel as the only two guys in our system who have the potential to become true shutdown dmen.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:27 AM
  #3
Vino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post

Prospects:

Kozun**
Vey
I don't get this. Vey is younger, bigger and already more effective scorer than Kozun and you keep rather Kozun than Vey?

Toffoli,Vey, Andreoff and Schumacher are only prospects I'd like to keep, others can go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Also, I'd hold on to Muzzin as I see him and Gravel as the only two guys in our system who have the potential to become true shutdown dmen.
Roach and Forbort?

Vino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:31 AM
  #4
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
I don't get this. Vey is younger, bigger and already more effective scorer than Kozun and you keep rather Kozun than Vey?

Toffoli,Vey, Andreoff and Schumacher are only prospects I'd like to keep, others can go.



Roach and Forbort?
I liked Shore too. Kitsyn has a chance to be one of those "Detroit picked them in WHAT round!?" type of players, so I wouldn't trade him too quickly either.

Than again, we only have two guys on our team that aren't from North America and it is pretty clear how Dean is trying to build this team.

markisonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:40 AM
  #5
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
Roach and Forbort?
Roach I honestly know nothing about. Never seen him play nor have I heard a ton about him. Forbort is touted as more of a puck mover and while I considered adding him, I think he will develop more of into a two way guy who can move the puck a bit and play decent d but won't be great as either. With Gravel and Muzzin, I see two guys who could replace Greene, Scuds, or Mitchell in their roles.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:14 AM
  #6
Moscowitz
Registered User
 
Moscowitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Iowa
Country: United States
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Forbert is far from a puck-mover. He's a stay-at-home player with strong outlet pass. Either way, he was good value at where he was drafted and will be a solid top-4. I would hate to see him traded.

Moscowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:17 AM
  #7
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Ah, I see I missed 4 guys. LoL! I'll update the list with Andreoff, Roach, Schumacher, and Gravel.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:24 AM
  #8
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino View Post
I don't get this. Vey is younger, bigger and already more effective scorer than Kozun and you keep rather Kozun than Vey?

Kozun is doing absolutely everything it takes to be in the NHL. He hates the AHL. To this end, his game has to improve everyday. I know for a fact that the guy's driven. It's all in Kozun's quotes.

Is Vey driven? I wish I knew. At this point, it looks like Vey has more skill & size than Kozun, but is Vey's heart in it? Or will he turn out to be Yannick Lehoux Part Deux? It is unclear.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:39 PM
  #9
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I really hope Dean can find some way to pawn off pieces for some draft picks. Not having a pick in the 1st 3 rounds is terrible IMO. Also, I'd hold on to Muzzin as I see him and Gravel as the only two guys in our system who have the potential to become true shutdown dmen.
Campbell?

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:05 PM
  #10
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Kozun is doing absolutely everything it takes to be in the NHL. He hates the AHL. To this end, his game has to improve everyday. I know for a fact that the guy's driven. It's all in Kozun's quotes.

Is Vey driven? I wish I knew. At this point, it looks like Vey has more skill & size than Kozun, but is Vey's heart in it? Or will he turn out to be Yannick Lehoux Part Deux? It is unclear.
Even so, I'd have to say that for the reasons stated above Vey is higher on the list than Kozun. Vey's style is very much the type of player that the Kings right now covet. Decent offense, solid defense and works his butt off. That's not to say that Kozun isn't more skilled but Kozun to me just seems like he may struggle with his play style at the NHL level due to his size. Kozun to me seems very much a smaller version of Parse in that he's very skilled and gritty. My issue is that lack of size may hamper his effectiveness in the NHL.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:19 PM
  #11
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,261
vCash: 500
Yeah, Kozun may have a tough road to the NHL (or at least the Kings). I think Vey has passed him on the depth chart.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:07 PM
  #12
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
Campbell?
Not sold on him at all. Management is high on him but at best I see another Davis Drewiske.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:17 PM
  #13
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
My issue is that lack of size may hamper his effectiveness in the NHL.
The thing is, that's exactly what the Flames thought of Martin St. Louis (who didn't "make it" until he was 25.... Kozun turns 22 in March). It's all about the intangibles. Remember, Kozun was actually born here in Southern California so the dude's on a mission.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:39 PM
  #14
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Not sold on him at all. Management is high on him but at best I see another Davis Drewiske.
I think Campbell has way more of a physical edge then Drewiske. Plus the kid is huge. 6'3, easily 6'4 with some reach.


I think the thing management likes most about Campbell is his commitment to improve.

If you look at his +/- numbers, they have steadily improved over the last 3-4 seasons with manchester, along with his responsibilities and minutes. He was drafted as a project player who was a warrior, and a committed player, and I think they like that they are seeing that attitude pay off.

In all honesty I think if we lost a shut-down D-man tomorrow and had to call someone up, Campbell would be the first guy they bring up.


Then again, if you look at Gravel and Forbort, you could almost think Campbell is a victim of a numbers game. His contract is up in the offseason...Kings might just let him walk.


Last edited by Jason Lewis: 02-26-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Jason Lewis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:07 PM
  #15
HockeyCA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Yeah, Kozun may have a tough road to the NHL (or at least the Kings). I think Vey has passed him on the depth chart.

Vey was a big product of a run and gun Medicine Hat Offense.


Last edited by HockeyCA: 02-24-2013 at 05:29 PM.
HockeyCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:35 PM
  #16
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I think Campbell has way more of a physical edge then Drewiske. Plus the kid is huge. 6'3, easily 6'4 with some reach.


I think the thing management likes most about Campbell is his commitment to improve.

If you look at his +/- numbers, they have steadily improved over the last 3-4 seasons with manchester, along with his responsibilities and minutes. He was drafted as a project player who was a warrior, and a committed player, and I think they like that they are seeing that attitude pay off.

In all honesty I think if we lost a shut-down D-man tomorrow and had to call someone up, Campbell would be the first guy they bring up.


Then again, if you look at Gravel and Forbort, you could almost think Campbell is a victim of a numbers game. His contract is up in the offseason...Kings might just let him walk.
If management is as sold on him as some people tend to think they are, no way do they let him walk. Could we possibly see Scuds let walk and Campbell brought up to replace him next year? Doubt it. Could he replace Mitchell in two years after Mitchell's contract is up as a 37 year old? Maybe but will Campbell wait that long? And by then will Muzzin have passed him over? I like to think so because Muzzin is nasty and physical and also has some offensive instinct and a good shot - basically a Mitchell lite but probably more physical. Campbell is probably in a pretty tough position to succeed right now.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
  #17
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCA View Post
Kozuns been a world junior player.. Vey has not. Kozun had back to back 100 point seasons in the WHL, and was a better player while he was there.. Vey was a big product of a run and gun Medicine Hat Offense. Kozun had 55 points last year while getting very limited opportunities. Vey plays a great deal this year. Vey has not passed Kozun on the depth chart, no chance.
and yet Vey has a overall better stat line in Manchester in his rookie year than Kozun in his second season...
You're judging on accolades and that's fine to consider those things but you cannot base arguements solely on that alone.

As an example: Jeff Likens is a Defensemen who played four years at the University of Wisconsin, 3 of which he played with there with Davis Drewiske... Likens played for a Gold medal winning WJC team as junior aged player. Drewiske never played for a WJC team and was never a member of a national team at any level. Likens scored more points 2 of the 3 years the two players spent together at Wisconsin and both played one season in Manchester after their college days are over. Likens also put up more points in Manchester than Drewiske did... Yet currently Jeff Likens is over in Europe playing playing in the DEL and Drewiske is on an NHL roster... At a certain point accolades, and accomplishments mean nothing and it comes down to who is the better player and right now that answer (IMO) is Vey and not Kozun. The same way the answer to the example is obviously Drewiske is the better player than Likens.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:41 PM
  #18
Capn Brown
Registered User
 
Capn Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,493
vCash: 500
I'm really, really surprised Penner is still a King......

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:51 PM
  #19
Boxscore
#oldNHL
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1974-94
Posts: 5,079
vCash: 500
Bernie, Toffoli and Forbert would fetch a decent return, especially Bernier. If Voynov could emerge into a reliable offensive, puckmover, I think the Kings are one "playmaking winger" away from potentially doing a lot of damage.

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.