HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pen's vs. Isles GDT 1-126-06

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2006, 02:04 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by td_ice
Watching the NY feed. Certainly no shortage of love for Crosby. The Isles tv side announcers spent the first 5 minutes of the period talking about Crosby in glowing terms.

One of the announcers mentioned a conversation he had with (I missed the name, must be someone in the Flyers organization because they played them twice in the last 10 days.) someone who called Sid "a mini-Forsberg".
Yup IMO they are some of the best announcers in the league. Even though Joe Micheletti was on that 81 Blues team, I will forever be a fan because of his JR rant earlier this year. Good for him and anyone else that takes that attention ***** to task.

As far as Crosby comparisons, while there are parts of Sakic, Trottier (IMO also better than Messier) and Forsberg in his game I also see a ton of Valeri Kharlamov. Besides looking like him while carrying the puck, Crosby has that extra gear of speed and bursts into openings without fear. Also both have the ability to make plays at that top level of speed. Another thing that both players have is the uncanny knack of using their feet as tools for controling the puck. Alot of players can do it but not at that level.

Last edited by #66: 01-27-2006 at 02:12 AM.
Old
01-27-2006, 03:35 AM
clefty
What?

Am I crazy, or is Cairns (goal or no goal) not that bad?

To me he's being used properly. And while he's pretty slow, he uses his long stride to get where he needs to be.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:02 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 583
not that surprising that Dribblewicz stopped Malone...they played against each other for 3 seasons in college

Old
01-27-2006, 04:12 AM
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty

To me he's being used properly. And while he's pretty slow, he uses his long stride to get where he needs to be.

Maybe it's the same thing as the ugly guy looking good when he stands next to the hideous man, but I think he's looked quite fine in his short stint here. He hasn't had any boneheaded plays that I can recall, and is a presence on the ice physically on all shifts.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:26 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty

I was thinking the same thing, actually. It was a pretty easy goal, but some players on our team would've screwed it up. Tarnstrom schmarnstrom, Cairns is the new hotness.

Old
01-27-2006, 09:42 AM
FlightlessBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer
The fact that Leclair actually played shorthanded is more shocking than the goal
Well, he wasn't really.

The Pens were PK'ing, then pulled Caron. LeClair was the extra man.

Old
01-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Pavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky
not that surprising that Dribblewicz stopped Malone...they played against each other for 3 seasons in college
That and he used the exact same move he used to score on the penalty shot against the Caps.

Closed Thread