HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What to do with Ribeiro?

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Tucker316*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut
Zero-Talent??? You can not like him as much as you want but the man (or kid) has talent!

He has talent but at slow motion speed, so it matters not. You can tell players just have no problems stopping him. Damn Ribs on a breakaway is about the funniest thing I have ever seen. Goalies dont need to worry, he'll be caught before he makes it within 40 feet of him.

Old
01-26-2006, 04:16 PM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut
Zero-Talent??? You can not like him as much as you want but the man (or kid) has talent!

Could have fooled me. If he has talent then why doesn't he show some of it? Oh yah, maybe it's his lack of speed, lack of size and lack of balls that doesn't allow him to.

Old
01-26-2006, 05:26 PM
psychonaut

Hummm anyone here have any clips? I know very well that he is not fast, but the man has great vision, and creative play. Im not saying he's the best far from it. But that he has no talent is one hell of a joke. He slow and small, and he got 65 points last seson, on pace for 55 points this seson. Not bad for a man that slow, small and has no talent

Old
01-26-2006, 06:37 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
There used to be a flock of Ribeiro-lovers on this forum. Then one day they all disappeared, like a flock of startled geese. I checked other sites. Much the same. Either they've migrated or they're hiding under a rock.
So it's no longer enough for you , to insult and bash Ribeiro every day , now you have to piss on peoples who like him .It is the second post i read from you ( Where is the Plekanec thread? being the other one ) where you play this little game with the fans of Ribeiro .

I don't know what is you personal problem with Ribs , but to answer your comment about the fans that have migrated , ii will play also a game with you

from the 4 sentences that are following , only one is false .Witch one ?

a) Ribeiro fans didn't disappear , you don't see them because most of them put you in their ignore list...

b) Ribeiro 's fans don't take the time to defend him anymore ,againts your comments because they judge that they are meanless...

c)they think that you are a pain in the ### with your childish obsession of destroying Ribeiro ...

d) Koivu isn't a good or an average captain ...

Have a good game !

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 01-26-2006 at 10:37 PM.
Old
01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
So it's no longer enough for you , to insult and bash Ribeiro every day , now you have to piss on peoples who like him .It is the second post i read from you ( Where is the Plekanec thread? being the other one ) where you play this little game with the fans of Ribeiro .

I don't know what is you personal problem with Ribs , but to answer your comment about the fans that have migrated , ii will play also a game with you

from the 4 sentences that are following , only one is false .Witch one ?

a) Ribeiro fans didn't disappear , you don't see them because most of them put you in their ignore list...

b) Ribeiro 's fans don't take the time to defend him anymore ,againts your comments because they judge that they are meanless...

c)they think that you are a pain in the ### with your childish obsession of destroying Ribeiro ...

d) Koivu isn't a good or an average captain ...

Have a good game !
Yes, there is one Ribeiro lover left. I forgot about you. You haven't flown away or hidden under a rock. But didn't you notice that there are many other posters besides me who are eager to see him go? There aren't many defenders left.

Ribeiro does a pretty good job of self-destruction. How did he manage to pile up his minus-14? Well, here's the scenario. Scoring only 3 even strength goals in 44 games starts him on the wrong path. He plays so badly that Julien doesn't dress him for a couple of games. Now Gainey thinks so little of him that he puts him on the fourth line with a couple of goons. Next he will be a healthy scratch when Perezhogin returns. After that, Gainey will try to trade him, but he may find that nobody wants to give up anything of value for Ribeiro. IMO Gainey would have traded him already if another GM were interested. Finally, Gainey tries to send him to join his buddy Dagenais in Hamilton. If anybody were to claim him on waivers, it wouldn't cost the Canadiens much because more than half the season has gone by and he isn't under contract for next season. Still, it's not urgent to trade Ribeiro. The most important thing for Gainey to do is to strengthen the defense. That would be a high priority, along with settling l'affaire Théodore. Maybe José can be miraculously rehabilitated, but the majority of Habs fans would prefer to see him traded.

If Koivu is traded or allowed to depart as a UFA, as some posters on this forum have suggested (and hoped), Gainey probably would sign another UFA to take Koivu's place on the first line. He wouldn't keep Ribeiro just because Koivu is gone. Gainey would like someone with more substance--maybe Chipchura.

While we're at it, I think Zednik's days with the Habs are also numbered. I expect Sundstrom to go. Maybe Bulis can be persuaded to stay. I don't think Gainey will be able to trade Bonk, but he, too, will not be resigned. Problems, problems. This looks like a major reconstruction job.

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 01-26-2006 at 11:33 PM.
Old
01-26-2006, 11:35 PM
tinyzombies

I think give him a week off and let him rest up.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Raider917

vCash: 50
i can handle seeing ribiero for another 2 months. as long as he is left unsigned next october and far away from this team im happy.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:13 AM
marvelousmotion

Get over your Ribeiro obsession kids..

There are 15 other players you guys should bash on this team right now instead of Ribeiro.

The team is playing like crap, we are losing important games, we are dropping in the standings.. Heck, even our heart and soul warrior in Koivu is floating on the ice and all you guys can come up with is "Ribeiro this, Ribeiro that" ?

Old
01-27-2006, 12:43 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
Yes, there is one Ribeiro lover left. I forgot about you. You haven't flown away or hidden under a rock. But didn't you notice that there are many other posters besides me who are eager to see him go? There aren't many defenders left.
Not really trying to defend him but...who are you going to replace him with? Pleky? He's a great kid but he's not ready and if he's on a better team he probably won't be considered to be ready next year (He's definitely ready to play in the NHL but just not 2nd line C duties). All things considered, Pleky would have around 40 pts if he played 82 games...which he won't. While Ribs who's slumping HARD is reaching 60. We know Ribs other...err...contributions (if you can call it that) aren't the greatest *cough* *cough* but if his offensive contributions aren't enough for a 2nd line center, Pleky's surely isn't...so if he's not good enough, which of our centers is? And if Koivu leaves...we have what? Bonk, Pleky and maybe Bulis for offensive centers? Very VERY scary scenario. Even if we replace Koivu with a UFA, I still can't see our offence being that much better (unless we score a star UFA to replace Koivu...) And no, Chips prolly won't be ready, maybe 4th line duties but I wouldn't expect more than that during his first year. He "will" be a rookie after all, and no matter what most of you may think, not every rookie we have are going to have a big impact as soon as they touch nhl ice. Afraid to say this but our C position depth just isn't good enough to just ignore Ribs. We need offense and right now it seems Ribs is a *cough* (I can't believe I'm saying this) *cough* major contributer for offense in the center position. Scary but from my point of view, also true.
And just like someone else said before me, we have much bigger problems to solve...
my two cents.

Old
01-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Marksman

Is it me or hasnt this conversation become redundant.

Plekanec has already displaced Ribeiro.

Some lines from Jan 26th game versus Ottawa:

20 Zednik 35 Plekanec 73 Ryder - 5:07
21 Higgins 35 Plekanec 73 Ryder - 4:33
38 Bulis 35 Plekanec 20 Zednik - 2:20

22 Begin 71 Ribeiro 47 Downey - 4:27
(only combination he played center)

Old
01-27-2006, 03:55 AM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
I think that we could trade him to a team like Minnesota who's seriously aching for some more offensive production. I'm pretty sure they'd take him and Zednik for one of their young D men which they have coming out the ears.

Old
01-27-2006, 09:09 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
Is it me or hasnt this conversation become redundant.

Plekanec has already displaced Ribeiro.

Some lines from Jan 26th game versus Ottawa:

20 Zednik 35 Plekanec 73 Ryder - 5:07
21 Higgins 35 Plekanec 73 Ryder - 4:33
38 Bulis 35 Plekanec 20 Zednik - 2:20

22 Begin 71 Ribeiro 47 Downey - 4:27
(only combination he played center)
Plekanec has already displaced Ribeiro ;

OTTAWA 3 , HABS 0 , 12 shuts on the net for the habs .

"It shouldn't count," Hasek said of his fifth shutout this season and the 68th of his career.

now we are contender !

Old
01-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Matrix

As the great Loco Locass would say:

LIBÉREZ-NOUS DES RIBEIRO!!!!

LIBÉREZ-NOUS DES RIBEIRO!!!!

Closed Thread