HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 1/26 - Kings vs. Oilers

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Riposte!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
All of the Oilers are hooked on speed....or blow...which ever one they like. our team is obviously smokin' bud.
I think at this point even the Tulsa Oilers could beat the Kings.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:17 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riposte!
I think at this point even the Tulsa Oilers could beat the Kings.
Hey maybe we could all lace them up and take it to the Kings? I would love to check Corvo into the boards.

I predict the score would be

HF Board Kings..6
LA Kings ..........1

Old
01-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Heu maybe we could all lace them up and take it to the Kings? I would love to check Corvo into the boards.

Why check him if he'll giftwrap the puck for you?

Old
01-27-2006, 12:21 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Just because it would be vindication for all the times I had to kick my dog for all of Joe's stupid plays.

Old
jfont

Awards:
Oh man! this is depressing...

think happy thoughts...think happy thoughts...think happy thoughts.

johnjm22

Quote:
Good point.

You could be the coach of the HF Board Kings. You couldn't be any worse then Andy Murry.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:22 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Go Kings Go?

I've got tickets to Saturday's game. I am seriously reconsidering going.
Go...I'll meet you there...

Old
01-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Riposte!

Quote:
Just because it would be vindication for all the times I had to kick my dog for all of Joe's stupid plays.
I suppose it's too much to hope that if Joe knew about this he would play better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
You could be the coach of the HF Board Kings. You couldn't be any worse then Andy Murry.
If I were a hockey coach, I'd have more penalty minutes than Sean Avery.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
Go...I'll meet you there...
Cool! I think I'll be sitting near your section. Well actually I'm not sure which side of the rink I'll be in. I know it's similar to where you sit, just not sure which side.

01-27-2006, 12:33 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
pathetic..........where's all the status quo posters at? still don't see any problems.......call it knee jerk all you want....but the only jerks I see were on the ice.
other breaking news........the oilers jump on a plane and get even better tomorrow.
ya'll are getting rediculous here really...right now, i agree that its the coaches' fault that they're not up for the game....

call us out fine...status quo reporting here guys...but wait till they go on a winning streak, and lets see you guys hide. btw, where were you guys when they were playing well at the beginning of the year when no one was injured? teams will have their up and downs. period. now if you have something like this when everyone is healthy, then taylor needs to do something about the coaching.

the bottom line is, you all aren't the GM and he's not about to fire AM. right now, i don't think thats whats in his head right now...its getting the injured players back. and thank goodness none of ya'll are GM right now.

if you think highly of taylor (and thats what the majority of you say, lets be honest), then why isn't he making the move? unless of course you think he's an idiot for not firing him. really, who are the anti-dave taylor guys here? cause its really up to him.

now going back to the game, jason allison would be an incredible pickup imo...

Old
01-27-2006, 12:34 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Cool! I think I'll be sitting near your section. Well actually I'm not sure which side of the rink I'll be in. I know it's similar to where you sit, just not sure which side.
section 218 back row buddy...

Old
01-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Osprey

Quote:
call us out fine...status quo reporting here guys...but wait till they go on a winning streak, and lets see you guys hide. btw, where were you guys when they were playing well at the beginning of the year when no one was injured?
In my own defense, I've always been critical of the coaching staff. That's largely why some people don't like me, but give me credit for having an opinion and sticking to it. A couple of people like Reaper and Spongebob have been the same way, I believe.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

The tickets are 2 something. hehe

Old
01-27-2006, 12:55 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
In my own defense, I've always been critical of the coaching staff. That's largely why some people don't like me, but give me credit for having an opinion and sticking to it. A couple of people like Reaper and Spongebob have been the same way, I believe.
That game was PATHETIC. AM can stay until the season is over, but the staff needs to be cleansed. Why does Corvo get shift after shift when he makes mistake after mistake? If it weren't so bad, I'd be laughing, because this team, as it is, is not playoff bound.

Old
01-27-2006, 01:03 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
If it weren't so bad, I'd be laughing, because this team, as it is, is not playoff bound.
The sad thing was when the Kings gave up the shorthanded goal I did start to chuckle. Then on the 5th Oiler goal I kind of laughed to myself. Because in a very sick way the whole thing is very amusing.

Old
01-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
The sad thing was when the Kings gave up the shorthanded goal I did start to chuckle. Then on the 5th Oiler goal I kind of laughed to myself. Because in a very sick way the whole thing is very amusing.
I sat in my seat, finished off my beer and said, 5-3, mark my words. What ended up happening? 5-3 final.

Old
01-27-2006, 01:11 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I sat in my seat, finished off my beer and said, 5-3, mark my words. What ended up happening? 5-3 final.
link?

Old
01-27-2006, 01:12 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
link?
Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Old
01-27-2006, 01:31 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

section 215

Old
01-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Reaper45

Off topic, but I saw GM in his Kopitar jersey tonight. It looked clean from far away, but I was upstairs and he was down...

Old
01-27-2006, 09:33 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
ya'll are getting rediculous here really...right now, i agree that its the coaches' fault that they're not up for the game....

call us out fine...status quo reporting here guys...but wait till they go on a winning streak, and lets see you guys hide. btw, where were you guys when they were playing well at the beginning of the year when no one was injured? teams will have their up and downs. period. now if you have something like this when everyone is healthy, then taylor needs to do something about the coaching.

the bottom line is, you all aren't the GM and he's not about to fire AM. right now, i don't think thats whats in his head right now...its getting the injured players back. and thank goodness none of ya'll are GM right now.

if you think highly of taylor (and thats what the majority of you say, lets be honest), then why isn't he making the move? unless of course you think he's an idiot for not firing him. really, who are the anti-dave taylor guys here? cause its really up to him.

now going back to the game, jason allison would be an incredible pickup imo...
I post almost everyday...........good or bad! but i'm not biased, nor do I lean towards negativity or one side of things. this is a message board and nothing more. i'm not looking for a pat on the back. I simply just like to talk hockey with all posters here. most people stay stubborn to their views and I have no problem with that. but being realistic should come into play from time to time. it's either one of two things.....denial or just plain ignoring the fact that we look like **** out there.....regardless of the line-up. our system is now played out...why is that so hard to understand.
Our staff is not making necessary adjustments! I don't question AM's brilliance as a coach. he may be prepared game in and game out. but sooner or later things come to a stand still. players have to take full responsibilty, but our gameplan.......especially dump and chase with slow players chasing it down, just doesn't work! Great teams play a puck possession game at high tempo. grinding out game after game takes a toll, and doesn't get you anywhere unless you have a world class goaltender.........it's time for a change!

Closed Thread