HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline 2012: All non-credible rumors/trade talk here v2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 12:02 PM
  #101
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Ottawa made a very nice trade today grabbing Ben Bishop for a conditional 2nd rounder.
Montreal should have offered that for him, would have been a great number two in Montreal!
?

We need a good #1. Hopefully Price can rebound next season. (with a better d-corp, of course)


Give more ice time to Budaj and he will prove he can do well too.

habitue* is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 12:04 PM
  #102
Face81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
I think Budaj is a good number two. Well at least price's number two (Price plays like 70 games a years so..)

Face81 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 12:40 PM
  #103
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?
 
dynastyREredux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: All over Canada
Posts: 1,246
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
?

We need a good #1. Hopefully Price can rebound next season. (with a better d-corp, of course)


Give more ice time to Budaj and he will prove he can do well too.
lol price sux

dynastyREredux is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:13 PM
  #104
Canadiens Ghost
Mr. Objectivity
 
Canadiens Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Smurfland
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
lol price sux

And THAT boys and girls, is how a poster loses all credibility with a single comment...


Price may not be having a stellar year but to say he sucks?

Canadiens Ghost is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:18 PM
  #105
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
And THAT boys and girls, is how a poster loses all credibility with a single comment...


Price may not be having a stellar year but to say he sucks?
His name is price131, I think he was just mocking habitue, which is an easy enough thing to do these days.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:22 PM
  #106
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,692
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
And THAT boys and girls, is how a poster loses all credibility with a single comment...


Price may not be having a stellar year but to say he sucks?
he forgot le -->

MasterDecoy is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 01:26 PM
  #107
phoque taupe
Registered User
 
phoque taupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 902
vCash: 500
Price would be so much better playing 50-55 games.
Pretty sure Bout'd'ail could handle whats left..

I understand that Price is young and he can play 82 games, but its not how it works in the 2010+ NHL.

Not having 3 unproven rookies on D (at season's start) will also help a lot next year.
(Well, we *might* have some unproven knee tho )

phoque taupe is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:51 PM
  #108
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,703
vCash: 500
Incarcerated Bob ‏ @*************** Reply Favorite · Open
Trade has not been approved by the NASH camp (Just a formality will get approval tonight or tmrw) exactly why he played. RANGERS #NASH #DONE

Can't wait for this idiot to be wrong.

Analyzer is online now  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:56 PM
  #109
Prendan Brust
Registered User
 
Prendan Brust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Incarcerated Bob ‏ @*************** Reply Favorite · Open
Trade has not been approved by the NASH camp (Just a formality will get approval tonight or tmrw) exactly why he played. RANGERS #NASH #DONE

Can't wait for this idiot to be wrong.
He said Carter to Toronto was a done deal last week. I bet he'll be wrong again on that Nash trade.

Prendan Brust is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 02:59 PM
  #110
cjbhab
Go Habs Go
 
cjbhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,175
vCash: 500
Why does everyone value Nash so much? He's a 65 pt player with no defense.

Kris Versteeg has more goals than him.

cjbhab is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:01 PM
  #111
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Trade proposal:

To Nashville:
Andrei Kostitsyn
Yannick Weber
2 round pick

To Montreal:
Austin Watson
Zach Budish

what do you think?

goldglove is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:05 PM
  #112
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,603
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglove View Post
Trade proposal:

To Nashville:
Andrei Kostitsyn
Yannick Weber
2 round pick

To Montreal:
Austin Watson
Zach Budish

what do you think?
No one is gonna trade even a hockey puck for that guy that they can get for free this summer..

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:08 PM
  #113
Shad
Registered User
 
Shad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 152
vCash: 500
I like Budaj...solid backup and low cap hit. Huge upgrade on Bauld.

Shad is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:09 PM
  #114
obcd1
Registered User
 
obcd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
No one is gonna trade even a hockey puck for that guy that they can get for free this summer..
Because they want him now?

obcd1 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:19 PM
  #115
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens Ghost View Post
And THAT boys and girls, is how a poster loses all credibility with a single comment...


Price may not be having a stellar year but to say he sucks?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
No one is gonna trade even a hockey puck for that guy that they can get for free this summer..
You probably don't understand how rentals work.

overlords is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:25 PM
  #116
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,603
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
You probably don't understand how rentals work.
i do know, i do. But a team 'rents' good players, not moody and hard to motivate guys like Kostytsin. They want results now and not if the player they rent "feels" like playing, knowing he will leave at the end of the season.

Ice Poutine is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:32 PM
  #117
DrunkenHabz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Incarcerated Bob ‏ @*************** Reply Favorite · Open
Trade has not been approved by the NASH camp (Just a formality will get approval tonight or tmrw) exactly why he played. RANGERS #NASH #DONE

Can't wait for this idiot to be wrong.
This. Incarcerated Wannabe if you ask me.

DrunkenHabz is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:33 PM
  #118
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
i do know, i do. But a team 'rents' good players, not moody and hard to motivate guys like Kostytsin. They want results now and not if the player they rent "feels" like playing, knowing he will leave at the end of the season.



YMCMBeaulieu is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:36 PM
  #119
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
i do know, i do. But a team 'rents' good players, not moody and hard to motivate guys like Kostytsin.
Not sure why you think they'll be trying to sign that same moody hard to motivate not good player in the summer then?

Corncob is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
  #120
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Hopefully there is movement tomorrow.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
  #121
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
i do know, i do. But a team 'rents' good players, not moody and hard to motivate guys like Kostytsin. They want results now and not if the player they rent "feels" like playing, knowing he will leave at the end of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post


owned! If Wolski can garner interest at 3.8M cap hit.....AK sure as poop could making less and scoring more

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 07:47 PM
  #122
JHabs61
Registered User
 
JHabs61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 964
vCash: 500
Habarnac ‏ @Habarnac Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
APPARENTLY (I've only heard it from other people), Marc Denis (RDS) says a big #habs trade is coming.....#GrainOfSalt

C.B. ‏ @************* Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Bruins shift focus to Samuel Pahlsson...Jackets also close to trade involving Brassard...Habs inching closer to a move aswell.

CanadianHockeyOnline ‏ @CanHockeyOnline Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Habs trade rumour: after another loss the #NYRangers want Chris Campoli

HabsRumorSource ‏ @HabsRumorSource Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I have heard that the #Habs still have their eyes on Getzlaf. Plekanec + Beaulieu might do it/might not. Big #1 center = what is needed.

Went on a twitter search after the loss. Not too much we didn't already hear/know.

JHabs61 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
  #123
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Price2Pleks View Post
Habarnac ‏ @Habarnac Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
APPARENTLY (I've only heard it from other people), Marc Denis (RDS) says a big #habs trade is coming.....#GrainOfSalt

C.B. ‏ @************* Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Bruins shift focus to Samuel Pahlsson...Jackets also close to trade involving Brassard...Habs inching closer to a move aswell.

CanadianHockeyOnline ‏ @CanHockeyOnline Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Habs trade rumour: after another loss the #NYRangers want Chris Campoli

HabsRumorSource ‏ @HabsRumorSource Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
I have heard that the #Habs still have their eyes on Getzlaf. Plekanec + Beaulieu might do it/might not. Big #1 center = what is needed.

Went on a twitter search after the loss. Not too much we didn't already hear/know.
I'd rather not give the rags campoli. I'm counting on them knocking out the bruins.

overlords is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 07:51 PM
  #124
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'd rather not give the rags campoli. I'm counting on them knocking out the bruins.
The Rags still owe us on the Gomez fiasco...let's see where that all goes...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 07:53 PM
  #125
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'd rather not give the rags campoli. I'm counting on them knocking out the bruins.
That's a great one. Would be just out kind of year. Rangers are winning, game 7, but then they use Campoli, Boston scores, then scores again in OT while Campoli is there again......I mean, we will have played a role in Boston winning...how awful is that...

Whitesnake is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.