HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's a Bad Day, Good Day, Great Day, In MY Dreams Day Tomorrow?

Old
02-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

vCash: 500
Bad Day: No trade. Kaberle, Campoli and Kostitsyn are staying with the team.

Good Day: Moen for a 3rd, Kostitsyn OUT and Kaberle for a low pick.

Great Day: Gomez OUT, Kostitsyn for a 1st round pick, Moen for a 2nd and Campoli for a 3rd round pick.

Come on, PG!

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Corncob

Great Day: Gomez for a 7th. Campoli and Kaberle shipped out. Moen signs an extension.

Good Day: Campoli, Kostitsyn and Moen go for decent picks.

Bad Day: Nothing happens bar a minor trade of ahl players.

Nightmare day: We trade Kostitsyn, Geoffrion and a 2nd to reacquire Gill. Gomez signs an extension. White banned for rest of season for sucker punching Subban.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:29 PM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
SO what would you consider a bad day, good day, great day, In my dreams day tomorrow?

Please try and keep to this format for easy reading, much appreciated!

My thoughts

Bad Day: Don't get rid of Campoli or AK

Good Day: Campoli for a low 2013 pick: AK for 2nd round 2013 pick, Darche for a 3rd round pick

Great Day: If we could have all of the good day plus one of Kaberle and Gomez are dealt

In MY Dreams Day: all of the above PLUS BOTH Kaberle and Gomez get traded PLUS we get Brown without giving up our core or high 1st pick this year.

Thoughts?
I'd like to get a few draft picks for AK and Campoli. Or Kaberle instead of Campoli too

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Bad Day: No trade. Kaberle, Campoli and Kostitsyn are staying with the team.

Good Day: Moen for a 3rd, Kostitsyn OUT and Kaberle for a low pick.

Great Day: Gomez OUT, Kostitsyn for a 1st round pick, Moen for a 2nd and Campoli for a 3rd round pick.

Come on, PG!
You wont have a great day, we are never getting a first round pick for AK

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:30 PM
SouthernHab

I think that it will be par for the course over the last couple of years.

Not much happens.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:32 PM
NORiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valois View Post
Bad day - Desharnais or Eller gets traded, for something lame to boot. Campoli stays.
Good day - Campoli gets traded for a surprisingly high return. A few other players fetch decent returns without disturbing the core.
Great day - good day plus gomez actually gets traded for something. Habs acquire a difference maker forward and a solid, young defenceman. I find 200$ on the ground.
Dream day - The same, but the 200$ become $100 000 and the ground becomes the gold toilet I am given as a gift by my rich supermodel girlfriend. Oh and... Kaberle for Duchene or something.

Nightmare day - AK does not get traded then immediately announces that he will not resign in Montreal. Moen retires. Subban gets traded for Lombardi, Komisarek, and a conditional 1st in 2013 if Lombardi plays 83 regular season games in 2014/15. Gomez traded for the Blues' 5th, but then Plekanec and a fifth traded for Gomez back due to administrative error. Emelin and a second traded for Penner. Desharnais and Eller placed on waivers as punishment for giveaways in the second period of their last game. White banned for rest of season for sucker punching Lucic.

Bad day: nothing happens
Good : campoli gets something...
Great: Gomez helps another team get to the cap floor

NORiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
You wont have a great day, we are never getting a first round pick for AK
Dustin Brown won't be traded, same for Hemsky with his contract. How many wingers are on the market now? Not too much and Kostitsyn is probably one of them. If Nash stays in Columbus, I really think that Gauthier will have many calls from others GM about Kostitsyn.

You'd be surprised...but hey, if we can get a 2nd round pick, no problem with that!

Lars Mon Amour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Dustin Brown won't be traded, same for Hemsky with his contract. How many wingers are on the market now? Not too much and Kostitsyn is probably one of them. If Nash stays in Columbus, I really think that Gauthier will have many calls from others GM about Kostitsyn.

You'd be surprised...but hey, if we can get a 2nd round pick, no problem with that!
2nd round pick is realistic, would be happy with this

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Top Corner2

bad day: only 1 player gone
Good day: 3 players gone
Great day: Gomez gone

Top Corner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Dream: Gomez
Great: Kaberle, Campoli (Kaberle is pretty much dreamland tho)
Good: AK
Bad: Nothing

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Bad Day? Nothing happens

Good, Great and In my Dreams day? Something POSITIVE happens.

Good, great and In my Dreams summer? This management goes. ALL OF IT except Timmins.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:48 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bad Day? Nothing happens

Good, Great and In my Dreams day? Something POSITIVE happens.

Good, great and In my Dreams summer? This management goes. ALL OF IT except Timmins.
I'm with you.

Gabe84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:32 PM
HabsSlappy

Great day: Plekanec for Huberdeau, Gomez and Kaberle traded for anything, AK for a first or second and Campoli and Darche for any pick.
Good day: UFAs traded for picks and prospects.
Bad day: No trades made.

Worst day: Management makes a short sighted traded for someone with a horrible contract (like Vinny) and give up our first rounder and or any of Pacioretty, Subban, Price, Emelin, Eller. (see previous Gomez trade)

Edit: by the way, I don't think trading Plekanec for Huberdeau is short sighted, lol

HabsSlappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Bad day - Desharnais or Eller gets traded, for something lame to boot. Campoli stays.
Good day - Campoli gets traded for a surprisingly high return. A few other players fetch decent returns without disturbing the core.
Great day - good day plus gomez actually gets traded for something. Habs acquire a difference maker forward and a solid, young defenceman. I find 200$ on the ground.
Dream day - The same, but the 200$ become $100 000 and the ground becomes the gold toilet I am given as a gift by my rich supermodel girlfriend. Oh and... Kaberle for Duchene or something.

Nightmare day - AK does not get traded then immediately announces that he will not resign in Montreal. Moen retires. Subban gets traded for Lombardi, Komisarek, and a conditional 1st in 2013 if Lombardi plays 83 regular season games in 2014/15. Gomez traded for the Blues' 5th, but then Plekanec and a fifth traded for Gomez back due to administrative error. Emelin and a second traded for Penner. Desharnais and Eller placed on waivers as punishment for giveaways in the second period of their last game. White banned for rest of season for sucker punching Lucic.
Excellent performance, my friend

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:45 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

good day
campoli darche moen kostitsyn gone

great day
campoli darche moen kostitsyn gone
find someone stupid enough to take kaberle for 7th rounder
trading Plekanec for huge overpayment
waive gomez and bury him in the echl

bad day

keeping any of our ufas

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
2nd round pick is realistic, would be happy with this
2nd was realistic for Gill as well but we got added assets back.. AK for a 1st'12 isn't that crazy considering the shrinking winger pool at the deadline, heck add a 4th if we must to get that 1st..

Bad Day: no trades and an extension for AK..

Good Day: ALL UFA's are gone

Great Day: somehow our brain trust brings in a huge piece for the future (Blue Chip Prospect).. Kabs somehow gets dealt for a similiar package in back to back years (pipedream lol)

Amazing Day: Gomez gets dealt

Habtastic Day: Team finishes tomorrow with 3-1sts, 3-2nds and a blue chip prospect.. Molson cleans house in the front office..

P.S.

I do like the Pleks for Huberdeau thing and would add some to get it done lol

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
ti-vite

Quote:

A small twitch in my left ventricle indicates some of this is possible.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Habs13

Bad day ;
One or more of the following are traded, no matter the return, Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Eller, Emelin, White, Tinordi, Beaulieu.

Good day ;
Some of the following are moved - Gomez, Kaberle, Campoli, Darche, Kostitsyn*, Plekanec, Diaz.

Great day ;
Some of the following are moved - Gomez, Kaberle, Campoli, Darche, Kostitsyn*, Plekanec, Diaz. Molson calls taxi's for Gauthier and Gainey.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Schooner Guy

Bad Day: Nothing happens.

Good Day: All our UFAs get traded for picks and prospects.

Great Day: We land a 1st round pick or a blue chip prospect for any combination of our UFAs.

-------------------
Now for some extreme scenarios....

Wet Dream Day: Gomez or Kaberle gets traded

Nightmare Day: Subban gets traded in a Chelios and a 2nd for Savard type of deal (the worst Habs trade I've endured)

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Habsfanatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Bad Day: Nothing happens.

Good Day: All our UFAs get traded for picks and prospects.

Great Day: We land a 1st round pick or a blue chip prospect for any combination of our UFAs.

-------------------
Now for some extreme scenarios....

Wet Dream Day: Gomez or Kaberle gets traded

Nightmare Day: Subban gets traded in a Chelios and a 2nd for Savard type of deal (the worst Habs trade I've endured)
That would have to be my favorite Habs trade ever.. Growing up I didn't cheer for teams but individual players and I loved Scott Stevens and my favorite player of all time is Denis Savard, so that trade brought me to the Habs and now here I am lol and all of this couldve been avoided if the Habs actually drafted Savard in the first place.

So I guess I'm an old school bandwagonish jumper kinda maybe sorta not really.. Regardless I'm a die hard fan and even tho this season hurts, it will help us in the near and distant future.

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:22 PM
CanadaIsHockey

Good Day: Gauthier gets fired at 4pm

Great Day: Gauthier ngets fired at 3:01pm

Dream Day: Gauthier gets fired at 2:59pm, Molson press conference announcing that's the last move Habs will make this year.

Bad Day: Gauthier stay's as GM till end of season.

Nightmare day: Gauthier getting 5 year extension, press conference announcing new 5 year plan.

CanadaIsHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:13 PM
WeeBey

Bad day: Goat makes any kind of move that seems to be part of a playoff push.

Good day: Campoli gone, AK gone/signs an extension that has a stipulation stating he will never be separated from Eller/will never be paired with Gomez.

In MY Dreams day: Gomez and Kaberle gone. Wake up next to Scarlett Johansson.

WeeBey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
I'd be very happy with a good return for AK and one of Kaberle/Gomez traded. If we can get any return for Campoli or Darche it would be a bonus.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:55 PM
llamateizer

Quote:

I don't post often, but when I do, I'm funny as hell!

very hilarious post

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:00 AM
lou4gehrig

Dream: Huberdeau + Radulov Rights + Keeping 2012 1st.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote