HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr (Offseason)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2012, 01:35 AM
  #26
OzFlyers
Registered Boozer
 
OzFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 940
vCash: 500
If Jags thinks he is good for another season then sign him. He would not step on the ice if he felt that he did not have something left.

OzFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:45 AM
  #27
Vandalay Industries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
I'm pretty disappointed that "jags6868" hasn't arrived in this thread to tell us all, that Jagr will be dominating NHL next season.

jags6868 would probably be telling us that now Jagr has "relearned" the curbes of the NHL and will top 120 points while being faster on the skates, stronger along the boards and a beast in defense. Never mind the birth certificate.

Vandalay Industries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:13 AM
  #28
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalay Industries View Post
I'm pretty disappointed that "jags6868" hasn't arrived in this thread to tell us all, that Jagr will be dominating NHL next season.

jags6868 would probably be telling us that now Jagr has "relearned" the curbes of the NHL and will top 120 points while being faster on the skates, stronger along the boards and a beast in defense. Never mind the birth certificate.
wow have you been remembering Jags68 all season, just hoping for jagr to stall so you could give him ****? Just for fun.. the season isn't over btw. He could get 40 points in his last 20 games.

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:31 AM
  #29
Czech Your Math
Registered User
 
Czech Your Math's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bohemia
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 4,021
vCash: 500
If he had rested his injury properly, he would be right about PPG. Did not expect him to have major injury. I know some say it should be no surprise given his age, but many younger players have had injuries, while guys like Selanne keep on trucking, so I think it's more random.

We'll see how old he is in the playoffs.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:32 AM
  #30
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500
I'm still on the fence. He hasn't looked very good for the past 20 games.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:22 PM
  #31
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I'm still on the fence. He hasn't looked very good for the past 20 games.
guess we are not watching same games , he he has showed more than most of our offence did.

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:03 PM
  #32
DumpyD
Registered User
 
DumpyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Buh bye old man. Never should have signed you in the first place.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:07 PM
  #33
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Buh bye old man. Never should have signed you in the first place.
I'm sure Giroux probably disagrees with you, the effect he's had on his game has been marked.

You had odd opinions for a Flyers fan, I half-think you're an extremely commited troll

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:21 PM
  #34
DumpyD
Registered User
 
DumpyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I'm sure Giroux probably disagrees with you, the effect he's had on his game has been marked.

You had odd opinions for a Flyers fan, I half-think you're an extremely commited troll
Blowing up a cup contender kind of made me one. I'll disappear again once the deadline is over, so no worries.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:34 PM
  #35
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Buh bye old man. Never should have signed you in the first place.
I bit harsh don't you think? Jagr did replace Leino for a lot less. For the most part Jagr did well.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:53 PM
  #36
Tim Tebow
Registered User
 
Tim Tebow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Westeros
Country: United States
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Blowing up a cup contender kind of made me one. I'll disappear again once the deadline is over, so no worries.
Last years team wasn't that good. 27th ranked win percentage after the all star break. Took 7 games to beat the #7 Sabres before getting absolutely sodomized by the Bruins in 4 games (every other series the Bruins had went 7 games). Then of course a divided locker room.

The idea of blowing up the team, moving guys like Richards and Carter were hot topics long before it happened with numerous bloggers, fans, and one of the more talked about things on local sports radio stations.

Big change seemed inevitable and lets face it people may not want to admit it but the 2010 cup run was also just as much luck as it was skill.
- Barely sneak into the playoffs beating the Rangers in a shootout.
- In the 1st round we get the Devils the only playoff team we had a winning record against at 5-1 on the season.
- Then of course after that we played the #6 Bruins and #8 Habs both of which upset bigger threats.
- We had no goalie but we managed, how? Did our goalies step up? Or did we just get lucky and face a bunch of crap offenses? Answer... last one. New Jersey was the #19 offense. Boston was the #30 offense. Montreal was the #25 offense. Then we ran into the #3 offense of the Blackhawks and our goalies get shelled.

The cards fell in place that season.

This wasn't going to happen again with that roster.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:54 PM
  #37
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Blowing up a cup contender kind of made me one. I'll disappear again once the deadline is over, so no worries.
You're the king of exaggeration. We haven't been blown up and we weren't really a cup contender anyway. We traded two good players and received four in return.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:44 PM
  #38
DumpyD
Registered User
 
DumpyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
We haven't been blown up and we weren't really a cup contender anyway.
You're the king of downplaying. How's all that koolaid taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tebow View Post
Last years team wasn't that good. 27th ranked win percentage after the all star break. Took 7 games to beat the #7 Sabres before getting absolutely sodomized by the Bruins in 4 games (every other series the Bruins had went 7 games). Then of course a divided locker room.

The idea of blowing up the team, moving guys like Richards and Carter were hot topics long before it happened with numerous bloggers, fans, and one of the more talked about things on local sports radio stations.

Big change seemed inevitable and lets face it people may not want to admit it but the 2010 cup run was also just as much luck as it was skill.
- Barely sneak into the playoffs beating the Rangers in a shootout.
- In the 1st round we get the Devils the only playoff team we had a winning record against at 5-1 on the season.
- Then of course after that we played the #6 Bruins and #8 Habs both of which upset bigger threats.
- We had no goalie but we managed, how? Did our goalies step up? Or did we just get lucky and face a bunch of crap offenses? Answer... last one. New Jersey was the #19 offense. Boston was the #30 offense. Montreal was the #25 offense. Then we ran into the #3 offense of the Blackhawks and our goalies get shelled.

The cards fell in place that season.

This wasn't going to happen again with that roster.
The cards fell in place in 2010, and all the extra hockey caught up to us in 2011. The cup run and olympics the year before combined with a lot of injuries and deflating goaltending did us in before that Boston series ever started.

Quote:
The idea of blowing up the team, moving guys like Richards and Carter were hot topics long before it happened with numerous bloggers, fans, and one of the more talked about things on local sports radio stations.
And all that idiocy had more to do with those trades than the Boston series.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:01 PM
  #39
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?
 
Pantokrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Semmes, Alabama
Country: Guatemala
Posts: 4,494
vCash: 500
I like Jagr, I like the impact he has had on the younger guys, I say keep him another year. It might cause Kubina to want to sign for less as well as Voracek.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:42 PM
  #40
DenverBoone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Those who don't want to sign jagr, please give head a shake.

DenverBoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:05 PM
  #41
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Blowing up a cup contender kind of made me one. I'll disappear again once the deadline is over, so no worries.
this must be either attempt to become one of biggest troll ever, or you drunk something.

Flyers play with howmany rookies? 8? and you call us a cup contender?

and Jagr blowing flyers down?

wow dude, stop taking that ****, what ever its, have a good day.. lol

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:09 PM
  #42
Amateur Hour
Registered User
 
Amateur Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Negadelphia
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Blowing up a cup contender kind of made me one. I'll disappear again once the deadline is over, so no worries.


I guess some people will just never get it. The Carter and Richards trades were brilliant moves that bode very well for the future of this team. ****ing get over it already.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 05:00 PM
  #43
Tim Tebow
Registered User
 
Tim Tebow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Westeros
Country: United States
Posts: 553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
The cards fell in place in 2010, and all the extra hockey caught up to us in 2011. The cup run and olympics the year before combined with a lot of injuries and deflating goaltending did us in before that Boston series ever started.



And all that idiocy had more to do with those trades than the Boston series.
It's weird how those excuses only apply to the Flyers.
Only Flyers players played in the Olympics? Heck I could have sworn the Hawks alone had more players in the Olympics then us and numerous players in the next years cup finals were in the Olympics too.
We are definitely the only team that has injuries. Can't dispute that.
And it is definitely a fact that the Flyers were already cleaning their lockers before the Bruins series because they were so upset about the goaltending.

You are right. This was a cup contending team that was just struck by the worst luck possible

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:23 PM
  #44
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!
 
hckyplayer8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicken Capital,PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 500
Jagr comes down to how he performs in the post season.

If he can show that old body can still handle 82+ games a year, why not?

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:54 PM
  #45
duffy9748
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post


I guess some people will just never get it. The Carter and Richards trades were brilliant moves that bode very well for the future of this team. ****ing get over it already.
For real. I can understand how people were upset about the Richards deal because he was loved around here. The moves Holmgren made though were brilliant and are really paying off and you can't really argue against them.

duffy9748 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:02 PM
  #46
Vandalay Industries
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
If he had rested his injury properly, he would be right about PPG. Did not expect him to have major injury. I know some say it should be no surprise given his age, but many younger players have had injuries, while guys like Selanne keep on trucking, so I think it's more random.

We'll see how old he is in the playoffs.

Sorry, dude, but part of the argument over the summer was EXACTLY the fact that he was aging and therefore probably more prone to get injured.

I even remember those speculating in a possible groin injury or two since that's a typical injury for aging players.

So, sorry, your argument is wack.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
I'm sure Giroux probably disagrees with you, the effect he's had on his game has been marked.

That's funny, cause he has been producing just as well in the games where Jagr wasn't there.

Are you saying, that Giroux won't be a top player without Jagr around????

Vandalay Industries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 04:17 PM
  #47
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,869
vCash: 500
No, I mean exactly what I said. Jagr has had a marked effect on Giroux's game. He's been a great mentor for him and his experience has helped no end.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:54 PM
  #48
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalay Industries View Post
Sorry, dude, but part of the argument over the summer was EXACTLY the fact that he was aging and therefore probably more prone to get injured.

I even remember those speculating in a possible groin injury or two since that's a typical injury for aging players.

So, sorry, your argument is wack.





That's funny, cause he has been producing just as well in the games where Jagr wasn't there.

Are you saying, that Giroux won't be a top player without Jagr around????
so if someone is aging.. he gotta have groin injury?
wow
Jagr had those problems long before.. get some facts.
G would do very well without Jagr too, but i believe Jagr had great influence on him, rookies and players

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:07 PM
  #49
MsWoof
Registered User
 
MsWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBoone View Post
Those who don't want to sign jagr, please give head a shake.
Don't want him back. And really, a Carle fan telling others to give their heads a shake?

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 03:29 AM
  #50
Madik77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalay Industries View Post
Sorry, dude, but part of the argument over the summer was EXACTLY the fact that he was aging and therefore probably more prone to get injured.
.....

That's funny, cause he has been producing just as well in the games where Jagr wasn't there.
Are you saying, that Giroux won't be a top player without Jagr around????

Keep in mind that Jagr was not injured like 3-4 seasons in a row prior he came to Philly.
And even with his groin injury and missed games this year he is third in points.
Also your logic "more prone to get injured" could be used also for Giroux or JVR easily... After their conclussions they are more prone to others, right?

You simplified player´s influence on the team/other players just to point production. I am sure (or I should say I hope) that GMs works with more features than you.

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.