HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours VIII: Nash-ing out the final details

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 04:06 PM
mahonistan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Ansisimov is more talented than Dubinsky. Better hands.

Hagelin is much faster than Dubinksy and has a much higher hockey IQ (Dubi's biggest flaw)
Anisimov is still very raw. He could probably afford to bulk up another 20 pounds to add more power to his game.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:06 PM
stan the caddy

The Rangers have been in talks with Howson for exactly how long?

They can't agree on the price or it would have happened already. Either Sather or Howson would have to seriously alter the way they value Nash to come to an agreement.

Or... it was never that serious to begin with.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Deathdealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post

They can't agree on the price or it would have happened already. Either Sather or Howson would have to seriously alter the way they value Nash to come to an agreement.

or they where told to wait till tomorrow to bost rateings

Old
smoneil

Quote:
Ansisimov is more talented than Dubinsky. Better hands.

Hagelin is much faster than Dubinksy and has a much higher hockey IQ (Dubi's biggest flaw)
Wolski was much more talented than Dubinsky as well. Talent does not always equal value (and this is coming from someone who used to be a MUCH bigger fan of Anisimov--I've been waiting for him to break out for two years now, but he hasn't taken the next step the way Dubinsky and Callahan have).

As for Hagelin, we'll have to agree to disagree. Hagelin is playing the game the way rookies usually play the game. He's staying within himself and not trying to do too much. When push comes to shove, Dubinsky can be the kind of player who can carry this team. He proved it last year. I see Hagelin as far more of a complementary player (not an insult--I like him as a player. I just think people are getting a bit of a case of the "shiny new toy" syndrome with his expectations).

Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Over simplified. Howson is playing chicken. So is Sather. Obviously Howson thinks the longer he waits the more someone (Sather) will panic and add or change their offer. Obviously, Sather thinks he can wait Howson out and get him to accept the deal that's been presented to him. Or Sather has another offer prepped but doesn't want to give Howson time to shop Sather's offer.

02-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahonistan View Post
Anisimov is still very raw. He could probably afford to bulk up another 20 pounds to add more power to his game.
I can't even imagine how slow Anisimov would be with 20 more pounds.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:10 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
I think they really just want to piss off people on HF Boards.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:11 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
From Zipay...

The Rangers, who have been struck in neutral for several games, are buyers, not sellers, with the target being Columbus power forward Rick Nash (the sides were said to be talking Saturday afternoon), and with a defenseman on the radar as well. The cost for Nash might be high -- Brandon Dubinsky, one or two top prospects and a No. 1 draft pick. The prospects could include a combination of forwards J.T. Miller (last June's No. 1 pick) and Christian Thomas and defensemen Tim Erixon and Dylan McIlrath.
If some reports are correct that Columbus wants center Derek Stepan to be included in the package, the Rangers will make a counteroffer or walk away.

Regardless of where Nash, who has 279 goals, 251 assists, 81 power-play goals and 43 game-winners in 653 games with the Blue Jackets, ends up, the Rangers assuredly will make some moves.

There was some uncertainty about whether Los Angeles Kings captain Dustin Brown might be available, with the Kings having acquired winger Jeff Carter from the Jackets on Thursday. Numerous teams are intrigued by the forward from Ithaca, a rugged, north-south, go-to-the-net player who is signed for the next two seasons, with a reasonable cap hit of $3.175 million.

As always, one or two trades will trigger a chain reaction as players come off the market. Among the forwards who will be unrestricted free agents are Brad Boyes and Paul Gaustad (Buffalo); Samuel Pahlsson (Columbus); Andrei Kostitsyn and Travis Moen (Montreal); David Jones, (Colorado); Jarret Stoll (Los Angeles); and Mike Knuble (Washington).
This Nash thing literally was the straw that broke the Camel's back in terms of following Zipay on twitter. During this whole process, he's offered nothing.

I understand he wants people to play for the Newsday service, but following Portzline, Dreger, mac and Brooksie has been fruitful.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:13 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Now that this is basically all said and done all I have to say is LOL at Scott Howson.

I never really took the time to see why CBJ has been bad for so long but now I understand it. What incompetency has been shown by Columbus management.

Now I know that it's not all on Howson but from 2007 on he has done absolutely nothing to ease the situation. I don't know what iun of circus he has going on over there by to open up pandora's box by starting trade negotiations for your star player only to close it again and open in three months is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Way to continue to hurt Columbus's chances Mr. Howson.

SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
Wolski was much more talented than Dubinsky as well. Talent does not always equal value (and this is coming from someone who used to be a MUCH bigger fan of Anisimov--I've been waiting for him to break out for two years now, but he hasn't taken the next step the way Dubinsky and Callahan have).

As for Hagelin, we'll have to agree to disagree. Hagelin is playing the game the way rookies usually play the game. He's staying within himself and not trying to do too much. When push comes to shove, Dubinsky can be the kind of player who can carry this team. He proved it last year. I see Hagelin as far more of a complementary player (not an insult--I like him as a player. I just think people are getting a bit of a case of the "shiny new toy" syndrome with his expectations).
Look, I'm really not a Anisimov fan and I'm shocked that he hasn't fallen out of favor with Torts. But there's obviously a skill set there.

Most good players stay within themselves and try not to do too much. That's what makes an useful player. He's smart. He knows where to be. He reads plays well. That's what all good players do ó and something most rookies struggle with.

I still have no idea what Dubiski is. Is he a passer? Is he a power forward who is going to score a lot of garbage goals? I'm not sure what he excels at.

Old
Vitto79

Buzz: Teams With Rick Nash Interest Are Shifting Their Focus
posted on February 26th, 2012 at 5:00 pm

Bob McKenzie tweets that the teams with the most interest in Rick Nash are starting to switch their focus to other targets and donít think that the will be traded by the deadline.

McKenzie adds that it could just be a negotiating tactic by Columbus.

ahhhhhh well whatever, move on, Sather better not wait

Old
02-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Hey Levitate, I agree man. I just think that even Nash at 7.8 is better for a team that needs to start all over again than Dubi + Thomas + McIlrath. I'm not going to pretend to know how good Thomas is, but The Undertaker is at least another full season away (according to HF's scouting). Is Thomas a 100% sure-thing to crack CBJ line-up next year and contribute?

The 1st is a wash. It's late, and Columbus wouldn't be able to do much if we gave them 29 first round picks.

I'm just trying to put myself in Howson's shoes. We need a culture change. We need depth in quality.

I go after a coach that will get the most out of my players, overhaul the scouting department and AHL affiliate that is developing these guys, and hope that Yakupov + Nash can make the best out of whatever goalie I go after hard this deadline/offseason. Get us in the playoffs, and let our new coach use that to begin building the atmosphere of winning we need.

I don't accept anything for Nash unless it's wild overpayment.
Actually I'd assume that Erixon is included no matter what and that does make it a better trade for Columbus, but I don't really disagree overall.

And Zipay has always been mediocre overall at providing actual insight into deals and signings. Brooks is the only guy that seems to have sources that have good information, but then again it's Brooks so you never know when to trust him

Old
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
This is my theory. Not so much that Nash will be traded late to create hype (although it could be part of it) but maybe the NHL asked Howson to hype Nash's availability this year to add a big name to the deadline drama.

Maybe it was all a ruse for site impressions and NBCSC/NHL-Network views.

Zuccarello Awesome*

As bad as he's been this year, I still think Boyes could be a good fit with Richards for this playoff run.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:15 PM
PandaNYR*

yo sure

Old
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Over simplified. Howson is playing chicken. So is Sather. Obviously Howson thinks the longer he waits the more someone (Sather) will panic and add or change their offer. Obviously, Sather thinks he can wait Howson out and get him to accept the deal that's been presented to him. Or Sather has another offer prepped but doesn't want to give Howson time to shop Sather's offer.
Neither person is going to panic. Howson has Nash for six years and doesn't have to trade him right now. Sather has a first place hockey team and doesn't have to bite on a big asking price. It's a stalemate.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Now that this is basically all said and done all I have to say is LOL at Scott Howson.

I never really took the time to see why CBJ has been bad for so long but now I understand it. What incompetency has been shown by Columbus management.

Now I know that it's not all on Howson but from 2007 on he has done absolutely nothing to ease the situation. I don't know what iun of circus he has going on over there by to open up pandora's box by starting trade negotiations for your star player only to close it again and open in three months is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Way to continue to hurt Columbus's chances Mr. Howson.
He totally thought he could create a big market for Nash and that teams would be fighting over him at the deadline, but it seems that he read the market wrong and is expecting teams to give up the farm for a guy who's performing really poorly this year compared to what Howson is asking for him. I mean, what does he say to that? "Yeah our team is really awfult his year it's so bad that Nash can't score goals, but let me tell you, if you get him on your good team he'll be great! Nevermind the fact that I put this awful team together, now give me everything for Nash!"

Old
02-26-2012, 04:17 PM
h0ckeyman

The announcement will be made my 9:15 tonight, mark my words.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Katie Strang ‏
Quote:
#NYR Things could always change at last minute/tmrw, but at this point doesn't appear Nash to Rangers is going to happen
Oh well. Move on to other options.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
02-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Move on.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Neither person is going to panic. Howson has Nash for six years and doesn't have to trade him right now. Sather has a first place hockey team and doesn't have to bite on a big asking price. It's a stalemate.
Howson doesn't have to trade him but it's tough to approach him about a trade, asking if he's willing to be traded, ascertain where he would consider being traded and then not trade him and expect there not be be some lingering effect or resentment. Especially when the same issues will remain whether he trades Nash now or this summer or next trade deadline.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:20 PM
stan the caddy

Howson isn't doing anything wrong. He's dangling Nash in hopes someone pays him a premium. If no one does, he keeps him.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:21 PM
mahonistan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
The announcement will be made my 9:15 tonight, mark my words.
If the announcement is "Nash is not a Ranger", then you are 100% correct.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:21 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Anisimov went 16 games without a point yet he's still outscoring Dubinsky.

It isn't his lack of production this year that has me disappointed. It's the fact that he looks completely inept when handling the puck this year in the offensive zone. He seems to have lost his offensive skill over the offseason, I have no idea what happened to him. Maybe it was the contract, maybe he was playing over his head, but he has done nothing for this team offensively all season long. In fact, I'd say he's been so inept, he's hurt the team in the offensive zone. Bad passes, bad decision making, unnecessary penalties. I'm starting to cringe when he gets on the ice and it's not on the PK.

He's still a strong defensive forward, but he needs to start making a difference in the offensive zone to justify his salary. If the Rangers get a chance to move him for a more skilled, productive offensive player, you do it.
You don't know what's happened to him because you, from the start, have insisted on viewing his situation as unique to him. Pro athletes have down years. It happens in every sport, and I'd argue that it happens more in hockey than others. Have you ever played a sport? When you start a season in a bit of a slump, it tends to grow on itself. You can see it in Dubinsky's offense. He almost refuses to shoot. He defers to his linemates. I don't see what you're seeing as far as penalties (I think Callahan has taken as many minors this year). I see a player who doesn't want his slump to hurt the team, so he tries to do everything else. Winning the puck, board work, passing rather than shooting.

He wasn't "playing over his head" the last four seasons. Hell, out of the core, he's the only one to have 200+ career points. He's in a fairly common one year slump, that I can just about guarantee he snaps out of next year (I can only think of a handful of players, across ALL sports, who, after having demonstrated over a period of years that they could play at a high level, let a down year turn them into a bad player. They pretty much always rebound, unless their last name is Knoblauch, haha).

Old
02-26-2012, 04:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Move on.
You really believe this changes anything?

Closed Thread