HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Does anyone else get annoyed by Bernie?

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2006, 10:04 PM
jackmanfan

vCash: 500
Does anyone else get annoyed by Bernie?

Is it just me, or does anyone else hate Bernie Federko's complaints and analysis of each and every call by the ref. I don't mind getting bothered by a bad call here and there, but he has to complain about each and every call. If it should be a penalty but is not diagnosed right he yaps about it too.

So uhh, yeah is it just me or?.....

Old
01-26-2006, 01:58 PM
DaBo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmanfan
Is it just me, or does anyone else hate Bernie Federko's complaints and analysis of each and every call by the ref. I don't mind getting bothered by a bad call here and there, but he has to complain about each and every call. If it should be a penalty but is not diagnosed right he yaps about it too.

Trust me...it's not just you!

Old
01-26-2006, 02:11 PM
EliCash

Absolutely. I don't know if I've ever heard the guy give an objective (or even coherent) analysis of anything. It's OK to be a homer, but he goes so far out of his way to but a pro-Blues spin on everything it destroys his credibility.

Old
01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmanfan

Its annoying to be sure, but maybe the league will listen and lessen this zero tolerance on penalties if more "Hockey People" ***** about it.

Old
01-26-2006, 02:59 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAeterna
Absolutely. I don't know if I've ever heard the guy give an objective (or even coherent) analysis of anything. It's OK to be a homer, but he goes so far out of his way to but a pro-Blues spin on everything it destroys his credibility.
Not saying you are wrong, but have you ever heard Pat Foley or Derek Sanderson do a game they made Bernie look like an amateur at being a homer.

Old
01-26-2006, 03:53 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

I think Federko has a long way to go before he is even an adequate color man. He was a heck of a player so maybe he can improve his color craft. I have a really hard time with him especially now in the new NHL.

Old
01-26-2006, 04:41 PM
EliCash

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
Not saying you are wrong, but have you ever heard Pat Foley or Derek Sanderson do a game they made Bernie look like an amateur at being a homer.
Heh, oh yeah, Derek Sanderson. I remember listening to him as an 8-year old Bruins fan. I loved him back then (with what was his name...Fred Cusick?). I can't accurately judge how good or bad those guys were. But I do know that when I visit family back in NE and get to watch some Bruins games, their current announcers are much sharper and more insightful than Kelly & Federko.

Old
01-27-2006, 02:52 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAeterna
Heh, oh yeah, Derek Sanderson. I remember listening to him as an 8-year old Bruins fan. I loved him back then (with what was his name...Fred Cusick?). I can't accurately judge how good or bad those guys were. But I do know that when I visit family back in NE and get to watch some Bruins games, their current announcers are much sharper and more insightful than Kelly & Federko.
I was relating to sanderson being a homer, he takes that to a whole new level to me as does the Hawks Pat Foley.

Closed Thread