HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Boclair: Confirmed--Preds in the Nash sweeps

Old
02-26-2012, 04:36 PM
brah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekkaslap View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏ @TSNBobMcKenzie
May be a tactic by CBJ, or not, but teams with most interest in Nash don't believe he'll move by deadline. Switching focus to other targets.
lol @ tactic and CBJ in the same sentence!

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
May be a tactic by CBJ, or not, but teams with most interest in Nash don't believe he'll move by deadline. Switching focus to other targets.
or they don't think he is going to get moved to their team.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
I'll bet we're one of those teams. Roy or Ribeiro, s'il vous plait...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Per Katie Strang, Rangers are out for now. Perhaps Howson went to Sather with our offer and they refused to top it?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:38 PM
jmack4

My theory is that Howsen is trying to use the Preds offer to get others to raise their bid. The other teams don't believe CBJ would ever deal Nash within the division, so they are holding firm. Serious game of chicken going on right now. Poile will probably have some deadline for CBJ to accept. If deadline passes, Poile moves to plans B and C, but until anything is executed he would probably field any calls from Columbus.

jmack4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:40 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Per Katie Strang, Rangers are out for now. Perhaps Howson went to Sather with our offer and they refused to top it?
I think thats exactly whets happening... we have the best offer by far... and if none of the teams on Nash's "list" will top it, then Howson either has to convince Nash to come here or else just keep him...

I like it that we are basically blocking the rich teams from getting Nash...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:40 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack4 View Post
My theory is that Howsen is trying to use the Preds offer to get others to raise their bid. The other teams don't believe CBJ would ever deal Nash within the division, so they are holding firm. Serious game of chicken going on right now. Poile will probably have some deadline for CBJ to accept. If deadline passes, Poile moves to plans B and C, but until anything is executed he would probably field any calls from Columbus.
That would be my guess too. We have the best offer, no one wants to top it. Now it is up to Howson to either deal Nash (having to convince him) OR he decides to keep Nash. My guess is Poile has a deadline for Howson to answer and if it passes, Poile pulls the offer and focuses elsewhere.

Old
02-26-2012, 04:41 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack4 View Post
agree with this also.. poile won't hold off for too long.. he HAS to get one or two forwards by tomorrow... so you'd think the Nash offer has an expiration time..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
agree with this also.. poile won't hold off for too long.. he HAS to get one or two forwards by tomorrow... so you'd think the Nash offer has an expiration time..
I'm guessing midnight and the offer gets pulled.

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:46 PM
klt2001

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=618878

Poile should start looking to other deals as a back up plan.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:56 PM
klt2001

List of trades so far:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=70000

Old
02-26-2012, 04:57 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post

That story is from yesterday prior to any word of Poile making an offer came to light.

Saturday, 02.25.2012 / 11:55 AM

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post

This tells me Poile has the best offer on the table and the Blue Jackets are going to wait and see if ANYONE else is able to match the offer and if not, see if they can get Nash to waive his NMC. If not, they will either hold onto Nash or trade him to Nashville for a king's ransom.

If this deal happens, I suspect it will happen sometime late tonight, early morning. Poile will have to make sure he gives himself time to make another deal if need be.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:02 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
That story is from yesterday prior to any word of Poile making an offer came to light.

Saturday, 02.25.2012 / 11:55 AM
Thanks 4 info. Still should have a back up plan if it doesn't fall through. Hopefully it does though but if not then just in case they should have other options in the works too.

Last edited by klt2001: 02-26-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old
02-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Maybe now that NY and likely others have backed out of the Nash sweepstakes, Nash will consider waiving for someone else #wishfulthinking

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:09 PM
MarkMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
We'll know in the next 24 hours who, if anyone, Poile gets on the trade market and what the price was. This offer has been out there for approaching 24 hours ... there is still the great unknown if the other teams bidding will up their offers and if Nash would even waive his NMC to come to Nashville. If I'm Howson, I keep trying to get teams to up their ante to maximize the benefit for a long struggling team ... there is little benefit to him in rushing to accept a deal when a bidding war is ongoing.
It's a gamble, but the opposite may also be true. If Nashville's offer is legit, and it's clearly the best offer, if I'm NYR or Toronto or whomever, I might be thinking clearly Nash hasn't added Nashville to the list, so the longer this pans out, the more DP will have no choice but to accept whatever we've got on offer. If Toronto gives up and moves on, Nashville clearly isn't on the list, etc, then all of a sudden NYR is looking like it's one of the last remaining suitors and would have lessening pressure to up the offer.

MarkMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:39 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMM View Post
It's a gamble, but the opposite may also be true. If Nashville's offer is legit, and it's clearly the best offer, if I'm NYR or Toronto or whomever, I might be thinking clearly Nash hasn't added Nashville to the list, so the longer this pans out, the more DP will have no choice but to accept whatever we've got on offer. If Toronto gives up and moves on, Nashville clearly isn't on the list, etc, then all of a sudden NYR is looking like it's one of the last remaining suitors and would have lessening pressure to up the offer.
By all accounts Howson has his asking price set in stone. Even if NYR is the lone remaining team who can get Nash, they will have to up their offer to meet Howson's demands or they won't be getting Rick Nash. At least that's what I have gathered from all of the reports and quotes.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:03 PM
VFL615*

I really do not think Poile would have wasted his time and made an offer which in turn went viral if we did not have a chance at Nash.

Nice story by cell block 303 on the issue.
http://www.section303.com/breaking-d...ituation-15253

Last edited by VFL615*: 02-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.
VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
brah

i can't handle that Nash thread in the trade forum....

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
I really do not think Poile would have wasted his time and made an offer which in turn went viral if we did not have a chance at Nash.

Nice story by cell block 303 on the issue.
http://www.section303.com/breaking-d...ituation-15253

I'll have to wait and see even though the comments in the comment section don't think he will come to Nashville and think he wants to go to Toronto instead since he lives there according to a comment in that video clip of him posted in that comment section. Guess we will have to wait and see tomorrow. I sure hope it is true though. That video posted in the comment section of Nash scoring was awesome.

Last edited by klt2001: 02-26-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old
02-26-2012, 08:13 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'll know if there has been a trade if HF crashes and I get death threats texted to me from Viqsi

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:48 PM
cleangene

Like we needed an extra reason to, but should #61 be the last link towards this trade by not waiving his NTC to come here, just think of the venom directed his way on his next visit to the Bridge!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:04 PM
predwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Like we needed an extra reason to, but should #61 be the last link towards this trade by not waiving his NTC to come here, just think of the venom directed his way on his next visit to the Bridge!!!!
It's his choice, but by setting the bar high...the Predators have essentially forced everyone to meet their price and nobody wants to do so. He can continue to rot on the team he's with right now or come to Nashville and play for a team that contends every year. The sad part being of his supposed list...Toronto hasn't really done much in quite a while. They haven't made it out of the first round in nearly 10 years a feat Nashville has done with a smaller budget. They've got the willingness to spend...but so does Nashville.

Really all Toronto has going for it is the Family living near there. Which is great, but Nash is a big boy and obviously shouldn't be having homesick issues.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:34 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by predwings View Post
It's his choice, but by setting the bar high...the Predators have essentially forced everyone to meet their price and nobody wants to do so. He can continue to rot on the team he's with right now or come to Nashville and play for a team that contends every year. The sad part being of his supposed list...Toronto hasn't really done much in quite a while. They haven't made it out of the first round in nearly 10 years a feat Nashville has done with a smaller budget. They've got the willingness to spend...but so does Nashville.

Really all Toronto has going for it is the Family living near there. Which is great, but Nash is a big boy and obviously shouldn't be having homesick issues.
Well, that and the fact that it's one of the most storied clubs in hockeydom, original 6 team, in one of the biggest markets for the sport...but other than that....

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Well, that and the fact that it's one of the most storied clubs in hockeydom, original 6 team, in one of the biggest markets for the sport...but other than that....
you left out playing in a fishbowl too....with the good comes the bad. just ask tony romo.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote