HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #63| Bruins vs Senators| February 25th @ 7:00PM | CBC

Old
02-26-2012, 07:19 AM
wjhl2009fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
If their ever was a game I thought Ottawa was going to beat Boston it was this game, Boston was playing back to back and it was their 3rd game in 4 nights, the last game of a long road trip, they have not been playing well, their forward ranks are depleted and yet they dominated most of that game.The fact is Boston is still the far superior team, Sens have nothing to be ashamed of, until Ottawa improves their D, the results won't change.
Yes they dominated but only winning by 2 if i was a fan of the bruins that would concern me a bit.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:38 AM
BigHab*

Welll, as a Habs fan and with my team going nowhere too soon, except for the Draft table, last night's game helped me make up my mind as to whom I will be supporting come the playoffs and it has to be your Sens. I hope they make a very deep run when they get there.

I like the blend of your team. Like many, I wasn't expecting them to compete this year as they are doing what with all the changes to the roster. Lots of youth, good mix of vets, gotta love the grit and toughness and I have always loved Neil and wanted him in Mtl. You have a good coach who seems to know what he's doing. And you have to give credit to Bryan Murray as he has shown his ability to assemble some real nice peices such as young Turris. Looks like playing in Phoenix really is the hockey desert.

About last night's game, the Neil hit was beautiful, guys, absolutely one of the top hits of the year! And the Turris hit was awesome. Loved it, too. Kudos to Neil taking on Chara. No way there should have been a penalty on Green and the goal scored on that PP. Thomas was doing his "thing" again I see. Am I surprised that the League hasn't caught onto his antics yet? As someone said, he does deserve to be mentioned for an Oscar for that performance.

Anyhow, hope the Sens finish strong. There are quite a few fans down here in Northern New Brunswick who will be cheering for your Sens come the playoffs. Best of luck to you! Go Sens!

BigHab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:18 AM
DukeNukem

We got 'em just where we want 'em.

DukeNukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:34 AM
trentmccleary

Way too many perimeter shots from us last night, the Bruins did a great job keeping us to the outside and we didn't get to take advantage of a relatively shaky Thomas last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7hm View Post
Extremely.

They're the only team I really don't want Ottawa to face.

Some teams just have the number of other teams, for whatever reason. Boston, these last few years and with Thomas in particular, has Ottawa's. Ottawa, conversely, has New York's. Ottawa's worst possible position will be 7th. I think we make it past the first round in any other scenario.
We're going to be playing a top team if we make it either way, they'll likely dictate the game and probably win. So the style they dictate will help determine whether the series is entertaining or not. I'd like to win first, but failing that; I'd like to be entertained. A defensive series would be a snoozefest. Our team is quite large and tough right now. A knock down, drag out series against the Bruins could be highly entertaining, like 2002 Tor/NYI entertaining.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:33 AM
pepty

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Welll, as a Habs fan and with my team going nowhere too soon, except for the Draft table, last night's game helped me make up my mind as to whom I will be supporting come the playoffs and it has to be your Sens. I hope they make a very deep run when they get there.

I like the blend of your team. Like many, I wasn't expecting them to compete this year as they are doing what with all the changes to the roster. Lots of youth, good mix of vets, gotta love the grit and toughness and I have always loved Neil and wanted him in Mtl. You have a good coach who seems to know what he's doing. And you have to give credit to Bryan Murray as he has shown his ability to assemble some real nice peices such as young Turris. Looks like playing in Phoenix really is the hockey desert.

About last night's game, the Neil hit was beautiful, guys, absolutely one of the top hits of the year! And the Turris hit was awesome. Loved it, too. Kudos to Neil taking on Chara. No way there should have been a penalty on Green and the goal scored on that PP. Thomas was doing his "thing" again I see. Am I surprised that the League hasn't caught onto his antics yet? As someone said, he does deserve to be mentioned for an Oscar for that performance.

Anyhow, hope the Sens finish strong. There are quite a few fans down here in Northern New Brunswick who will be cheering for your Sens come the playoffs. Best of luck to you! Go Sens!
Welcome aboard, there were lots of Sens fans rooting for the Habs when you made your surprising run a couple of years ago.

The Sens are having some adversity now though with Anderson out and it seems there is a good chance that Turris will be out for a game or two for his hit on Corvo.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:47 AM
BigHab*

One thing that you must know about a Hab fan....we all hate the 'Ruins! Here's hoping if you guys meet them in the POs you skunk the crap out of them! Hate the 'Ruins!!!
Did I already say that?

Listened to Healey a bit last night, freakin' Laughs Homer, and it seems that he is upset with the system for choosing the Norris winner. I doubt that he would spew his dribble if Karlsson were a Laugh though. Anyhow, love watching this kid play. He's a great skater, can pass and shoot, good hockey sense and really looks like he's having a ton of fun out there. Absolutely deserves the Norris. In my opinion, you guys got a real gem there.

BigHab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:25 PM
ShotDownCrosby

Funny thing last night, was watching the replays last night, and my bf sees the neil hit and was like wow that kid smith can hit. I was like,ummm, that was Neil. My boyfriend hates Neil, and was like, I can't believe I said that about Neil, but it was a great hit.

I hope we kick some assistance the rest of the week. Need to get at least 3 points in the next 2 games, and I will be very pleased.

Last edited by ShotDownCrosby: 02-26-2012 at 03:11 PM.
ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGal View Post
Funny thing last night, was watching the replays last night, and my brother sees the neil hit and was like wow that kid smith can hit. I was like,ummm, that was Neil. My boyfriend hates Neil, and was like, I can't believe I said that about Neil, but it was a great hit.

I hope we kick some assistance the rest of the week. Need to get at least 3 points in the next 2 games, and I will be very pleased.
Did I read this right, your boyfriend is your brother?

Ice-Tray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:04 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
That's how I read that too.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:10 PM
ShotDownCrosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
Haha you did read that... My stupid tablet takes bf and always puts it into brother. Bf is not brother.....hate you tablet.

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Habsfan18

So, I was at the game last night.

If you were there, you may have seen me on the kiss cam. As I was kissing my wife, my buddy thought it would be a great idea to lean over and give me a giant kiss on the cheek.

What an ass.