Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Anton Lander

Old
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Speedshank

vCash: 500
Anton Lander

Unfortunately Anton has been shipped to the minors but he will be back. Oilers need his leadership.

Anton Landor Moved!
http://oilsoup.blogspot.com/2012/02/...dor-moved.html

Speedshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:35 PM
afrobomber11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshank View Post
Unfortunately Anton has been shipped to the minors but he will be back. Oilers need his leadership.

Anton Landor Moved!
http://oilsoup.blogspot.com/2012/02/...dor-moved.html
im gunna say hes only on okc until the clear day rosters are announced and he'll be back up with the oilers

afrobomber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Peter The Great

The Oilers more and more looking like Maple Leafs, almost everybody fails and our Swedes are punished, getting the blame. :-(

I really wish Omark, MPS and Lander gets traded to other NHL teams before it's to late.

I simply can't stand Renney as a coch, worst coach in NHL.

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Baronsfan

This move wasn't indictive of poor play in EDM, moreso so he could get a taste of N.A. playoffs. Also a chance for him to work on his offensive game and try putting up bigger numbers.

Todd Nelson said that both Lander and Paajarvi are growing "leaps and bounds" from this lengthy playoff run in OKC. They have gained more confidence and are much more cerebral on the smaller ice surface now.

Both have great attitudes too. They've been a treat to watch, and get to know in their short time here in OKC. Two players that I can assure you wherever they play in the future, will have many people in OKC cheering them on.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:24 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
This move wasn't indictive of poor play in EDM, moreso so he could get a taste of N.A. playoffs. Also a chance for him to work on his offensive game and try putting up bigger numbers.

Todd Nelson said that both Lander and Paajarvi are growing "leaps and bounds" from this lengthy playoff run in OKC. They have gained more confidence and are much more cerebral on the smaller ice surface now.

Both have great attitudes too. They've been a treat to watch, and get to know in their short time here in OKC. Two players that I can assure you wherever they play in the future, will have many people in OKC cheering them on.
I'm not too worried about Lander. But what's the word on Paajarvi? He doesn't seem to score in the minors either. Does he playmake a lot.. or just poor finishing? I know he's become a very solid two-way player already.

People were very down on his rookie season. I thought it was pretty good. He also came and had another good World Championship. But he hit a rut this season, maybe was a bit lost in the shuffle aswell with all of Edmonton's youngsters. I still think he will become a 60 pts type of player, but probably not with the Oilers.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Hockeyfrilla

I hope MPS bounce back next season..

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:23 AM
bp spec

I've lost my faith to MPS and Lander. Sadly enough.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Everlasting

Lander is fantastic and can be so much more then a 3 center. Oilers is however not ther right organisation for him. He has been great this season and played alot of games but always been in the shadows of rnh, hall, eberle, mps etc.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:39 PM
eskies4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Lander is fantastic and can be so much more then a 3 center. Oilers is however not ther right organisation for him. He has been great this season and played alot of games but always been in the shadows of rnh, hall, eberle, mps etc.
Hi... Im from Edmonton and watch the Oilers every game of the season..... IMO Lander is not NHL ready... He is very mature but he did not play amazingly well this year besides playing on the penalty kill... I thought he should be playing in the AHL all season to develop his game...However I do not believe that Lander is anymore than a 2nd line centre... Which he will be given every opportunity to become in Edmonton...

On MPS I think it was just a bad year... Next year I believe he will be able to bounce back with 20 + goals....

eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:32 AM
WayneBruce

Never been a fan of Lander, don't think he will ever score 30 points or be more than a 3rd line center with defensive responsibilities.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 08:27 AM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Never been a fan of Lander, don't think he will ever score 30 points or be more than a 3rd line center with defensive responsibilities.
Agreed, but I'm not sure if he has a future in the NHL at all.

Old
05-21-2012, 05:19 PM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
It would be nice (as in a novelty) if Edmonton could develop a young Swedish player with a somewhat promising future.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Coramoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Agreed, but I'm not sure if he has a future in the NHL at all.
if he can get 30 points and hit and be solid defensively then he definitely has a place in the nhl, look at the matt cooke type of player. I doubt he's as much of a talker as cooke, but if you can play like that, you can have a long fruitful career. Also a lot of signs point to being around a point per 2 game player. If he's a positive plus minus, good penalty killer who has some offensive upside. A lot of teams will want him

Coramoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Ferros

I have never been a big fan of MPS but I like Lander a lot but sadly I don't think he ever will be more than a 3rd-liner at NHL-level. He is good defensively but I don't see that he will produce a lot in the future and he doesn't really seem to be much of a PP-player either.

I think MPS is in the same boat, he lived on his speed in SEL and he had his one trick where he would skate on the outside of the defenseman and then try to score on the first post (which didn't work that often but sometimes it did) but it wont work to try to do that all the time on higher levels. Never really seen him dominate his opponents or be a step above the rest on a senior level, he works hard and usually does well in his own end but I doubt he will ever produce 60-70 points in NHL like some people seem to think, he doesn't have the hands for it.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:58 AM
Everlasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
If he can score 24 points in Timrå in less then 50 games he obviously can score more points in oilers with better players around him in 80 games. You dont have to be einstein to figure that out.
He just need to get tha damn chance to do so tho. Which i doubt he will. He pretty much floated around in the 4th line the entire season + pk with not alot of ice time. He can make points to. Sure, he is no foppa in terms of points but he is better then 30p a season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
Hi... Im from Edmonton and watch the Oilers every game of the season..... IMO Lander is not NHL ready... He is very mature but he did not play amazingly well this year besides playing on the penalty kill... I thought he should be playing in the AHL all season to develop his game...However I do not believe that Lander is anymore than a 2nd line centre... Which he will be given every opportunity to become in Edmonton...

On MPS I think it was just a bad year... Next year I believe he will be able to bounce back with 20 + goals....
Lander > MPS. Sorry but everyone who saw them at sweden will most likely agree with this. I dont know where that hype comes from but you oilerpeople have been fooled. And just as i said above youre quote, he can score points too. Maybe he needs to develop his game in NA style or so, who knows. Some players bloom out late when they get there.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:22 AM
Dosing

MPS mistake was coming to timrå, had he stayed in malmö they would have given him thick skin instead he's become a wasa sesam knäckebröd ready to be eaten.

Dosing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:57 AM
bp spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
if he can get 30 points and hit and be solid defensively then he definitely has a place in the nhl, look at the matt cooke type of player. I doubt he's as much of a talker as cooke, but if you can play like that, you can have a long fruitful career. Also a lot of signs point to being around a point per 2 game player. If he's a positive plus minus, good penalty killer who has some offensive upside. A lot of teams will want him
Sure, it's not like I dont want him to become a regular NHL'er with defensive responsibilities and 30-40p per season. I just have my doubts.

Old
05-22-2012, 11:11 AM
eskies4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
If he can score 24 points in Timrå in less then 50 games he obviously can score more points in oilers with better players around him in 80 games. You dont have to be einstein to figure that out.
He just need to get tha damn chance to do so tho. Which i doubt he will. He pretty much floated around in the 4th line the entire season + pk with not alot of ice time. He can make points to. Sure, he is no foppa in terms of points but he is better then 30p a season.

Lander > MPS. Sorry but everyone who saw them at sweden will most likely agree with this. I dont know where that hype comes from but you oilerpeople have been fooled. And just as i said above youre quote, he can score points too. Maybe he needs to develop his game in NA style or so, who knows. Some players bloom out late when they get there.

Anton Lander was not NHL ready last season... Thats the truth. I am not sold that he will be NHL ready next season and if he is I would rather him play in the AHL (the 3rd best pro hockey league 2nd is the KHL) then be playing on are 4th line.

Also comparing MPS from his first season to Lander from last season.. MPS was the far superior player.

Last edited by eskies4life: 05-22-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
bottomofthefoodchain

Did anyone ever expect him to become more than a third liner? He's never been a big scorer. He's good defensively and an extremely hard worker, and I expect him to be just that in the NHL in couple of years.
If you are counting on him scoring 50 points every season you are setting yourself for disappointment.

bottomofthefoodchain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:51 PM
eskies4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Did anyone ever expect him to become more than a third liner? He's never been a big scorer. He's good defensively and an extremely hard worker, and I expect him to be just that in the NHL in couple of years.
If you are counting on him scoring 50 points every season you are setting yourself for disappointment.
I definetely did not....I expect him to be a very good penalty killer on the third line who can score when needed...I beleive he was rushed into the NHL this season and will probably still need to stay another year in the AHL..