HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Anton Lander

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 07:45 PM
  #1
Speedshank
Registered User
 
Speedshank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Anton Lander

Unfortunately Anton has been shipped to the minors but he will be back. Oilers need his leadership.

Anton Landor Moved!
http://oilsoup.blogspot.com/2012/02/...dor-moved.html

Speedshank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:35 PM
  #2
afrobomber11
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Flin Flon Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshank View Post
Unfortunately Anton has been shipped to the minors but he will be back. Oilers need his leadership.

Anton Landor Moved!
http://oilsoup.blogspot.com/2012/02/...dor-moved.html
im gunna say hes only on okc until the clear day rosters are announced and he'll be back up with the oilers

afrobomber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:53 PM
  #3
21
Peter The Great
 
21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
The Oilers more and more looking like Maple Leafs, almost everybody fails and our Swedes are punished, getting the blame. :-(

I really wish Omark, MPS and Lander gets traded to other NHL teams before it's to late.

I simply can't stand Renney as a coch, worst coach in NHL.

21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 07:09 PM
  #4
Baronsfan
Registered User
 
Baronsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
This move wasn't indictive of poor play in EDM, moreso so he could get a taste of N.A. playoffs. Also a chance for him to work on his offensive game and try putting up bigger numbers.

Todd Nelson said that both Lander and Paajarvi are growing "leaps and bounds" from this lengthy playoff run in OKC. They have gained more confidence and are much more cerebral on the smaller ice surface now.

Both have great attitudes too. They've been a treat to watch, and get to know in their short time here in OKC. Two players that I can assure you wherever they play in the future, will have many people in OKC cheering them on.

Baronsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 10:24 AM
  #5
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronsfan View Post
This move wasn't indictive of poor play in EDM, moreso so he could get a taste of N.A. playoffs. Also a chance for him to work on his offensive game and try putting up bigger numbers.

Todd Nelson said that both Lander and Paajarvi are growing "leaps and bounds" from this lengthy playoff run in OKC. They have gained more confidence and are much more cerebral on the smaller ice surface now.

Both have great attitudes too. They've been a treat to watch, and get to know in their short time here in OKC. Two players that I can assure you wherever they play in the future, will have many people in OKC cheering them on.
I'm not too worried about Lander. But what's the word on Paajarvi? He doesn't seem to score in the minors either. Does he playmake a lot.. or just poor finishing? I know he's become a very solid two-way player already.

People were very down on his rookie season. I thought it was pretty good. He also came and had another good World Championship. But he hit a rut this season, maybe was a bit lost in the shuffle aswell with all of Edmonton's youngsters. I still think he will become a 60 pts type of player, but probably not with the Oilers.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2012, 01:31 PM
  #6
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,804
vCash: 500
I hope MPS bounce back next season..

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 08:23 AM
  #7
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,973
vCash: 500
I've lost my faith to MPS and Lander. Sadly enough.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 09:21 AM
  #8
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,529
vCash: 500
Lander is fantastic and can be so much more then a 3 center. Oilers is however not ther right organisation for him. He has been great this season and played alot of games but always been in the shadows of rnh, hall, eberle, mps etc.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 07:39 PM
  #9
eskies4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
Lander is fantastic and can be so much more then a 3 center. Oilers is however not ther right organisation for him. He has been great this season and played alot of games but always been in the shadows of rnh, hall, eberle, mps etc.
Hi... Im from Edmonton and watch the Oilers every game of the season..... IMO Lander is not NHL ready... He is very mature but he did not play amazingly well this year besides playing on the penalty kill... I thought he should be playing in the AHL all season to develop his game...However I do not believe that Lander is anymore than a 2nd line centre... Which he will be given every opportunity to become in Edmonton...

On MPS I think it was just a bad year... Next year I believe he will be able to bounce back with 20 + goals....

eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 04:32 AM
  #10
WayneBruce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Never been a fan of Lander, don't think he will ever score 30 points or be more than a 3rd line center with defensive responsibilities.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 08:27 AM
  #11
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Never been a fan of Lander, don't think he will ever score 30 points or be more than a 3rd line center with defensive responsibilities.
Agreed, but I'm not sure if he has a future in the NHL at all.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 05:19 PM
  #12
LiveeviL
No unique points
 
LiveeviL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jämtland, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
It would be nice (as in a novelty) if Edmonton could develop a young Swedish player with a somewhat promising future.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 07:14 PM
  #13
Coramoor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Agreed, but I'm not sure if he has a future in the NHL at all.
if he can get 30 points and hit and be solid defensively then he definitely has a place in the nhl, look at the matt cooke type of player. I doubt he's as much of a talker as cooke, but if you can play like that, you can have a long fruitful career. Also a lot of signs point to being around a point per 2 game player. If he's a positive plus minus, good penalty killer who has some offensive upside. A lot of teams will want him

Coramoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 08:08 PM
  #14
Ferros
Registered User
 
Ferros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
I have never been a big fan of MPS but I like Lander a lot but sadly I don't think he ever will be more than a 3rd-liner at NHL-level. He is good defensively but I don't see that he will produce a lot in the future and he doesn't really seem to be much of a PP-player either.

I think MPS is in the same boat, he lived on his speed in SEL and he had his one trick where he would skate on the outside of the defenseman and then try to score on the first post (which didn't work that often but sometimes it did) but it wont work to try to do that all the time on higher levels. Never really seen him dominate his opponents or be a step above the rest on a senior level, he works hard and usually does well in his own end but I doubt he will ever produce 60-70 points in NHL like some people seem to think, he doesn't have the hands for it.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 03:58 AM
  #15
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,529
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
Never been a fan of Lander, don't think he will ever score 30 points or be more than a 3rd line center with defensive responsibilities.
If he can score 24 points in Timrå in less then 50 games he obviously can score more points in oilers with better players around him in 80 games. You dont have to be einstein to figure that out.
He just need to get tha damn chance to do so tho. Which i doubt he will. He pretty much floated around in the 4th line the entire season + pk with not alot of ice time. He can make points to. Sure, he is no foppa in terms of points but he is better then 30p a season.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
Hi... Im from Edmonton and watch the Oilers every game of the season..... IMO Lander is not NHL ready... He is very mature but he did not play amazingly well this year besides playing on the penalty kill... I thought he should be playing in the AHL all season to develop his game...However I do not believe that Lander is anymore than a 2nd line centre... Which he will be given every opportunity to become in Edmonton...

On MPS I think it was just a bad year... Next year I believe he will be able to bounce back with 20 + goals....
Lander > MPS. Sorry but everyone who saw them at sweden will most likely agree with this. I dont know where that hype comes from but you oilerpeople have been fooled. And just as i said above youre quote, he can score points too. Maybe he needs to develop his game in NA style or so, who knows. Some players bloom out late when they get there.

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:22 AM
  #16
Dosing
Registered User
 
Dosing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ivösjön
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,441
vCash: 500
MPS mistake was coming to timrå, had he stayed in malmö they would have given him thick skin instead he's become a wasa sesam knäckebröd ready to be eaten.

Dosing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 10:57 AM
  #17
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
if he can get 30 points and hit and be solid defensively then he definitely has a place in the nhl, look at the matt cooke type of player. I doubt he's as much of a talker as cooke, but if you can play like that, you can have a long fruitful career. Also a lot of signs point to being around a point per 2 game player. If he's a positive plus minus, good penalty killer who has some offensive upside. A lot of teams will want him
Sure, it's not like I dont want him to become a regular NHL'er with defensive responsibilities and 30-40p per season. I just have my doubts.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 11:11 AM
  #18
eskies4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
If he can score 24 points in Timrå in less then 50 games he obviously can score more points in oilers with better players around him in 80 games. You dont have to be einstein to figure that out.
He just need to get tha damn chance to do so tho. Which i doubt he will. He pretty much floated around in the 4th line the entire season + pk with not alot of ice time. He can make points to. Sure, he is no foppa in terms of points but he is better then 30p a season.



Lander > MPS. Sorry but everyone who saw them at sweden will most likely agree with this. I dont know where that hype comes from but you oilerpeople have been fooled. And just as i said above youre quote, he can score points too. Maybe he needs to develop his game in NA style or so, who knows. Some players bloom out late when they get there.

Anton Lander was not NHL ready last season... Thats the truth. I am not sold that he will be NHL ready next season and if he is I would rather him play in the AHL (the 3rd best pro hockey league 2nd is the KHL) then be playing on are 4th line.

Also comparing MPS from his first season to Lander from last season.. MPS was the far superior player.


Last edited by eskies4life: 05-22-2012 at 11:18 AM.
eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
  #19
bottomofthefoodchain
Registered User
 
bottomofthefoodchain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 500
Did anyone ever expect him to become more than a third liner? He's never been a big scorer. He's good defensively and an extremely hard worker, and I expect him to be just that in the NHL in couple of years.
If you are counting on him scoring 50 points every season you are setting yourself for disappointment.

bottomofthefoodchain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:51 PM
  #20
eskies4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomofthefoodchain View Post
Did anyone ever expect him to become more than a third liner? He's never been a big scorer. He's good defensively and an extremely hard worker, and I expect him to be just that in the NHL in couple of years.
If you are counting on him scoring 50 points every season you are setting yourself for disappointment.
I definetely did not....I expect him to be a very good penalty killer on the third line who can score when needed...I beleive he was rushed into the NHL this season and will probably still need to stay another year in the AHL..

eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.