HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash Rumours Part IX: Nash Svidaniya; End of the road

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
KingWantsCup
Grinch who stole...

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
This has been the most annoying trade-saga in a long time.
Kovalchuk was not this bad...
Hossa was not this bad...

This is honestly just annoying. They say "we are looking to trade him".
Regardless of who started it (Nash/Howson), Rick Nash has now mentally prepared himself to be traded.

If noone is willing to pay that high price, you know what it means?
He is not worth that...

Prices are driven by supply and demand and frankly the price Howson set is unrealistic and way to high..
Someone paid attention in economics class.

Too bad Howson didn't.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:12 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
I'm just dumbfounded by all the folks thinking that there will be an opportunity to get a bigger package come summer. It reeks of self-delusion. No, you won't get more in the offseason. Here's why:

Reasons for:
- Teams will have more roster flexibility
- Teams will have fewer concerns about chemistry
- All but one team will have failed to win the Cup and will (theoretically) feel they need to add to get there

Reasons against:
- Teams will have many, many more competing options
- Columbus will have their backs up against the wall - today they can use the option of waiting until the summer as a negotiating ploy; once you're AT the summer that's gone
- There will be no impending playoffs (potentially the last playoffs before a lockout) to create urgency
- The upcoming CBA renegotiation will make teams much more wary of Nash's contract given both the uncertainty of the new cap and potentially a whole year of his prime service time lost

IMO the cons far outweigh the pros. They're idiots if they don't move him now.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

The whole "Rangers are out of the running for Nash" thing, and their associated "articles" I've read, are such a waste of time. Out of the running just means that the price is too high. Anyone who thinks the price won't come down is out of their minds.

I'd be shocked if Nash isn't moved, tomorrow. That said, I don't think he'll be moved, here.

The point is, Sather and Howson haven't had their last conversation before the deadline.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:17 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I'm just dumbfounded by all the folks thinking that there will be an opportunity to get a bigger package come summer. It reeks of self-delusion. No, you won't get more in the offseason. Here's why:

Reasons for:
- Teams will have more roster flexibility
- Teams will have fewer concerns about chemistry
- All but one team will have failed to win the Cup and will (theoretically) feel they need to add to get there

Reasons against:
- Teams will have many, many more competing options
- Columbus will have their backs up against the wall - today they can use the option of waiting until the summer as a negotiating ploy; once you're AT the summer that's gone
- There will be no impending playoffs (potentially the last playoffs before a lockout) to create urgency
- The upcoming CBA renegotiation will make teams much more wary of Nash's contract given both the uncertainty of the new cap and potentially a whole year of his prime service time lost

IMO the cons far outweigh the pros. They're idiots if they don't move him now.
Could not have said it better myself. This is the BEST they will get. It will only go downhill if thy don't move him NOW.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
DM23BK30

Teams will be eager come Draft Day:

1) Vancouver and San Jose -- both desperate to win the Cup. If both teams dont win the Cup, I expect 1994-style desperation.

2) Montreal - They know that the franchise lacks a dynamic and marketable guy. The fact that the Habs dont have a legit, NO. 1 forward is a shame. They still have some tradeable assets who wont destroy the team if theyre gone.

3) Toronto -- Going on 7 years without the playoffs. If they dont make it this year, they'll go big on Draft Day and UFA day.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

1) Vancouver and San Jose -- both desperate to win the Cup. If both teams dont win the Cup, I expect 1994-style desperation.

2) Montreal - They know that the franchise lacks a dynamic and marketable guy. The fact that the Habs dont have a legit, NO. 1 forward is a shame. They still have some tradeable assets who wont destroy the team if theyre gone.

3) Toronto -- Going on 7 years without the playoffs. If they dont make it this year, they'll go big on Draft Day and UFA day.
Doesn't matter how many teams will go big for Nash, he already stated through his agent the list of teams won't grow in the summer.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:

There is a list of teams he is willing to go to (no we are not sure what the list is but there is a list and it's not changing.)

Old
02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
The Lone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
I'd be shocked if Nash isn't moved, tomorrow. That said, I don't think he'll be moved, here.

The point is, Sather and Howson haven't had their last conversation before the deadline.
Who knows? Sather probably already gave his "best and final" offer for Nash, and for Howsam to call back if he can't find anything better out there. And for Howsam, does it really matter if Nash traded today or down to the final minute before the deadline? Howsam is waiting for someone on Nash's approved teams list to blink. Can't really hurt CBJ to wait and see what transpires.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:26 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Who knows? Sather probably already gave his "best and final" offer for Nash, and for Howsam to call back if he can't find anything better out there. And for Howsam, does it really matter if Nash traded today or down to the final minute before the deadline? Howsam is waiting for someone on Nash's approved teams list to blink. Can't really hurt CBJ to wait and see what transpires.
That is unless the other interested teams send some of the assets they were including for Nash elsewhere.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:30 PM
turcotte8

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
That is unless the other interested teams send some of the assets they were including for Nash elsewhere.
Or fill the hole through free agency.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Edge

Something tells me Columbus doesn't quite get the boatload return they think they'll get.

Nash is a very, very good player. But he's not a generational player and that seems to be the kind of return Columbus thinks they'll get.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Quote:
Or fill the hole through free agency.
Exactly. That list of 5 teams that "won't change" (according to Nash's agent) could dwindle even more by the time summer rolls around.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Something tells me Columbus doesn't quite get the boatload return they think they'll get.

Nash is a very, very good player. But he's not a generational player and that seems to be the kind of return Columbus thinks they'll get.
Agreed.

I think the underlying problem here is that Howson, and apparently a lot of Jackets fans, believe that this trade is going to make up for a decade of poor player development, and expedite their "new rebuild" almost overnight.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:

and he also has a very expensive long contract which VERY few teams can afford

Old
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
DM23BK30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
There is a list of teams he is willing to go to (no we are not sure what the list is but there is a list and it's not changing.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Doesn't matter how many teams will go big for Nash, he already stated through his agent the list of teams won't grow in the summer.
Three of the teams I mentioned were rumored to have interest in him, so naturally I would think they were destinations he would go to.

Montreal is a long shot since they suck, but they do have assets. I personally dont think Nash wants to play there, but you never know.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:41 PM
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Agreed.

I think the underlying problem here is that Howson, and apparently a lot of Jackets fans, believe that this trade is going to make up for a decade of poor player development, and expedite their "new rebuild" almost overnight.
Nope and even if they got a package like they want, it wouldn't.

This is just another example in a long list of poor management of this team, and it will be remembered as a mistake, and hopefully for CBJ fans, one of the last.

rip
Old
02-26-2012, 07:43 PM
JeffMangum
Man Girardi

vCash: 50
@ChrisBottaNHL:
Quote:
Best of luck to Mr. Howson tomorrow as he asks for more than a 2nd-liner, top prospect and 1st-rounder for a guy making 7.8 thru 2018

02-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Vitto79

Nyr won't be interested at the draft. May see what praise wants first

Old
02-26-2012, 07:49 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
@ChrisBottaNHL:
Hahahaha at Howson. I'm not even
mad because it is just comical how stubborn and stupid he is. Go ahead, hold onto a forward making $7.8 million and doesnt want to be a part of a ship that has already sunk. Merely because he thinks he can get a better return in the summer, not "hopes" because if that was the case he shouldve taken the rangers deal. And you know in the summer he will make a crappy trade that is less than what the NYR offered and yet he'll sit at the press conference trying to justify it. He better not show his face.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:49 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
@ChrisBottaNHL:
He has a better shot at MOSES parting the red sea.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Agreed.

That's the problem with Howson, he wants a quick fix. If he knew what he was doing he'd accept the Rangers or Leafs offers which gives him another solid defender and a secondary player to go alongside Yakupov. He can add the character guys he's going to need by dealing Nash and get the superstar in the draft. Not to mention some very nice complimentary pieces with the picks he gets.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Franko097

Quote:
@ChrisBottaNHL:
Which means he believes our offer is something like Dubi, Miller or Erixon and a 1st.

Not any different from what has been speculated. I bet Howson feels like if he isn't getting MDZ or McDonough,he should get Krieder.

But I like where Sather is drawing the line.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:51 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
BINGO! Many other teams will feel the same way. Plus after the season, other teams will look to retool or move other players (cap uncertainty) so many doors open and CBJ power (w/e they have) gets even smaller.

Old
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Three of the teams I mentioned were rumored to have interest in him, so naturally I would think they were destinations he would go to.

Montreal is a long shot since they suck, but they do have assets. I personally dont think Nash wants to play there, but you never know.
Haha wow, haven't seen that pic in years. Great avatar!

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I for one would much rather have Parise anyway. Obviously you never know if he'll even be available...but with each passing day it does seem more likely. If so, he'll cost 0 assets and probably no more than 7M against the cap. So nearly a million dollars less and you don't have to mortgage the future. Time will tell.

Closed Thread